PDA

View Full Version : The MOST vital question in existance... rods or talises?

macrobreaker
May 17, 2015, 03:06 AM
So, for the sake of personal preference. Which do you force users prefer above all else? Rods or Talises and why?

Sizustar
May 17, 2015, 03:15 AM
Depends on the tech,

Ease of use - Rod
Damage - Tali

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 17, 2015, 03:18 AM
They're used for different techs for different reasons at different times.

Rods may be nice for 6+-spell-spam with no loss in damage in the middle, but then talises can let you frontload more damage, and remote zondeel->gifoie/ramegid without being turned to paste, or wasting your time charging zondeel to be sent flying across the room.

Besides, there are people that do Fo/Br with a bow.

final_attack
May 17, 2015, 03:42 AM
Talis for me.

- Since scumbag brain can't operate if not in "Z-mode" ..... the added effect from Tech-craft with rods kinda block my view. I can cast talis upward and get clear view in front of me o-o

- Safer for zondeel (no need to re-position myself for consecutive Zondeel). I did saw some .... random people zondeel'ed a group a mob with rod, they re-position themselves quite often to avoid death (some didn't made it alive after zondeel), and by re-positioning, I did missed quite a lot of attacks, since the mobs is taken away :o

- Better safety .... since I can cast Tech from far away.

- More Fun :o I can try positioning Talis's card to support as much as people as possible, without moving much to the location. Better view too from long range :o Hence, giving more challenge too (added Fun :D )

Well, mostly I prefer support role though o-o

KazukiQZ
May 17, 2015, 06:58 AM
Both, depending on the situation, range, and tech used.

Alenoir
May 17, 2015, 08:45 AM
Both. Depends on the tech and what I'm trying to do.

Oh, choice #3: Elysion.

FacelessRed
May 17, 2015, 09:08 AM
I use both. Currently using a maxed out Deelyra rod to spam the crap out of fire spells in Lilipa UQ. charge times are insane fast... to the point I will have more aggro than I can handle.

In general I use talis for everything else. though it's a bit hard to go back on these charge times.

Punisher106
May 17, 2015, 09:59 AM
Talis for mobs, Rod (Elysion) for bosses. Throw a talis out, Zondeel, Ramegid or Gifoie, based on the enemy's general weakness. They all drop like flies. Then again, the techs on my Elysion are specifically maade to wreck Loser and Dorios, but I could always change that.

Kondibon
May 17, 2015, 10:18 AM
I came to this thread to say I use both, but apparently everyone else has it covered.

LonelyGaruga
May 17, 2015, 10:20 AM
Use both rods and talises. Rods are faster and more suitable for techs that charge quickly, and if you already one-shot a given target, rods are better. Talis have better damage output on a per hit basis, and are more suitable for auto-target techs and Zondeel > AoE shenanigans.

You should also use wands and jet boots for Step, access to different potentials (like Innocent Appearance), and double jump for JBs.

Kondibon
May 17, 2015, 10:25 AM
So one day I was sitting around thinking as usual and I realized Talis is short for Talisman. ._.

You should also use wands and jet boots for Step, access to different potentials (like Innocent Appearance), and double jump for JBs.
While I'm here, what would be some good wands or boots for that?

ShinMaruku
May 17, 2015, 10:29 AM
Boots of Serafi I believe.
ブーツオブセラフィ
Boots of Serafi

エルアエトス
Erua Etos for those who like dark techs.

LonelyGaruga
May 17, 2015, 10:34 AM
Mostly crafted weapons like species hunters (barring darker because it's weaker than elemental latents) and elemental latents. The Light Formation wand/JBs are good for travel (although Splendid Recovery are also good options) since tech > Step > tech is faster than tech > tech > tech. Multi-class weapons like Boots of Serafi and the fire JBs from PSO2es are also good options, although the fire JBs are pretty weak (get roughly 14.5K Rafoies with like, +100% or so Blazing recipe).

For the most part, wands and JBs are a TA thing, but there's some standouts like Boots of Serafi and Elysion that should always be used, and having a Step or double jump can be very valuable for tech usage sometimes, and it's just plain easier to play with compared to Mirage Escape, since it's significantly more mobile.

Also, I should add, pretty much the only tech charge time reducing latent actually worth using is the lightning one, for faster Ilzonde usage.

Kondibon
May 17, 2015, 10:48 AM
Well its too late for me to do TD3, so I guess I'll just use those matter board JBs if I need to double jump. ._.