PDA

View Full Version : Which Corrupted Survey do you prefer?

Mildora
May 17, 2015, 09:58 AM
Simple question I suppose. Just wondering which Corrupted Survey you prefer for whatever reason you have. Not that the choice matters, everyone has moved to Lillipa for simple logic of "More 13☆ chance here"

I'd personally say Naberius just for the simple fact of it being more efficient. Not to mention the high demand of Ares weapons.

Rayden
May 17, 2015, 10:34 AM
I prefer Lillipa, but I can't really stand either of them. Easily the most boring and annoying quest type.

Maenara
May 17, 2015, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Amduscia, because we don't have it yet.

DrCatco
May 17, 2015, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Amduscia, because we don't have it yet.

So, are we having an Ultimate Quest for each planet? I cannot even imagine how wild will be Harukotan...

Shadowth117
May 17, 2015, 12:47 PM
They both are essentially a more forced version of the early game free field MPAs. The problems the original free fields had are clearly unchanged as well which makes for rather boring sessions. Its actually worse since you're forced to take on so many teammates to actually accomplish anything.

It would be one thing if it was designed like the walled EQ's ala mothership where there's a progression leading up to a boss fight with something at the end and/or end drops. But as it stands you're just bumbling around until you hit 2000 points in lillipa or mindlessly spamming restart until you find anga in naberius... neither of which is something I find particularly interesting. Lillipa at least has somewhat of a progression though I guess.

Mildora
May 17, 2015, 12:49 PM
So, are we having an Ultimate Quest for each planet? I cannot even imagine how wild will be Harukotan...

Wheel guy will be considered a trash mob

Shunx
May 17, 2015, 12:59 PM

Going to be punted across the map now.

Requiem Aeternam
May 17, 2015, 01:10 PM
I've only really done the Lilipa UQ, never got an MPA to do Naberius with, but I can safely say that I don't enjoy the quests. Ultimate in PSO1 was amazing, the enemies were stupidly strong compared to the others and I actually found it a challenge. PSO2 UQ, while more challenging than the other quests, is still fairly easy, not counting bosses. It's also a complete lag-fest for me. I can barely do the quests at all because all the effects of everyone's attacks takes a massive hit on my FPS meaning I can't do anything except pick off that one stray enemy that occasionally gets left out while my camera is turned away from everything else. Kind of disappointing if I'm honest.

Evangelion X.XX
May 17, 2015, 02:05 PM
I prefer Naberius; enemies are more difficult/annoying/challenging. And then we have Diabo and his 10,000 minions.

isCasted
May 17, 2015, 02:10 PM
Either all of them or none of them. Lillipa was new after months of Naberius, but then coming back to Nab can be fun.

It's bullshit that we have to stick to one.

Maenara
May 17, 2015, 03:17 PM
They have absolutely no interest in incentivizing old content. Ultimate Amduscia's 13*s will completely trump Lillipa's, and everyone knows it.

Xaeris
May 17, 2015, 03:25 PM
They throw AQ boost days at us pretty regularly. I think it's possible that, in a few months' time, we may see Ult Naberius boost days as well.

Chris_Chocobo
May 17, 2015, 04:11 PM
I've got only near 15 stones before i got bored from Ultimate.

Squal_FFVIII
May 17, 2015, 04:37 PM
Ult Mode in pso2 sucks big time compared to Ult in pso1.

In pso2 ult is basically just a spam fest of fireballs and retardedly fast enemies. It's way too chaotic.

Pso1's ult was actually pretty hard without making everything chaotic and unplayable. Also, pso1 ult mode felt like a brand new experience since the maps had a different color color/weather all the monsters had new skins and so did the bosses.

It was pretty awesome.

Zorua
May 17, 2015, 04:41 PM
I like ult naberius.
Ult lilipa is laggy as fuck and the enemies feel so weak.

Kiyokaze
May 17, 2015, 05:18 PM
the maps had a different color color/weather all the monsters had new skins and so did the bosses.

It was pretty awesome.

doesn't sound much different from ult naberius to me

and i have pso nostalgia

the_importer_
May 17, 2015, 06:54 PM
Lilipa, mainly because even if you don't find a 12* or 13*, you still get a Crystal.

Speaking of which, how many of you guys got all three 30 Crystal rewards and had over 250 total afterwards? I'm have exactly 160 Crystals right now including the 45 you get as rewards. This means that by the time I get those final 3 rewards, I'll probably be like 50 Crystals over.

GHNeko
May 17, 2015, 07:10 PM
I very much prefer Lillipa UQ. The knockdown rate of that place is significantly lower and that was my biggest issue with UQs.

UQs are mindless and its fun to turn off my brain and just smack things around.

But its not fun to constantly be knocked down and comboed by garbage xbox huge AOE attacks.

I find Lillipa more challenging and Nab just straight up more bullshit.

Alo the map layouts in lillipa are much flatter which also helps my experience.

Z-0
May 17, 2015, 07:11 PM
I personally think they're both stupid, but Naberius is better because at least you get a meseta return out of it, whereas in Lilipa you get absolutely fuck all.

GHNeko
May 17, 2015, 07:14 PM
yeah that doesnt really bother me.

i was able to play 4 hours of Lillipa UQ and it was fun trying to Limit Break through everything and be in a zen-like-state.

silo1991
May 17, 2015, 07:47 PM

i just hope ultimate harukotan would be a world war 2 version . i just think this because of a episode of startrek voyager which the crew found a planet with a strong gravity causing minutes in space are years in the planet . as long the episode advance you see how the natives progresss in their tecnology from the primitives individuals to the advanced civilization they became .

now i give you the sumary of that episode , thats why i think ultimate harukotan should have a WW2 influence

Mattykins
May 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
I prefer how they handled Ult Lillipa; I just wish they went back and gave Nab the same treatment instead of leaving it as the retarded oddball.

On that note, I am so fucking sick of mpas. I'm so excited for the brief period that AQs will be relevant again, though I'm sure Sega will decide that AQs will be mpas, too, for no reason. >:T

Rakurai
May 17, 2015, 09:02 PM
I like Lillipa better, largely because the bosses actually hold still long enough for melee classes to get a reasonable amount of time to attack their weakpoints and thus die much faster.

They really should update Naberius to provide stone rewards on quest completion so it isn't totally forgotten, though.

Xaelouse
May 17, 2015, 09:13 PM
MPAs used to be fun roughly 2 years ago.

My opinion so far on Ult hasn't been too good, as much as it seems like I try to defend it around here. It being a quest with a points system takes away the magic of MPAs two years ago, for one. They're justifying that now with stones and stone shop 13*s, which is great but not the best way to go about it.
The idea of sticking everyone into one new ultimate area every 6 months also sucks badly, but it's nothing new in this game. Dont be surprised if 14-15*s start popping up once we get to vopar/harukotan

Kiyokaze
May 17, 2015, 09:26 PM
The idea of sticking everyone into one new ultimate area every 6 months also sucks badly, but it's nothing new in this game. Dont be surprised if 14-15*s start popping up once we get to vopar/harukotan

if someone can still like the game at that point, i'm honestly jealous..

Mildora
May 17, 2015, 11:09 PM
Just like to remind everyone what Naberius ULT was like.

Team and I did a ULT Naberius MPA/Anga Farming and each run we encountered Malmoths. Try and think back during Anga farming about Malmoths x3 / Anga / Trash Mobs. And if you're lucky throw Bayaris in there too.

wefwq
May 18, 2015, 10:01 AM
I liked Lillipa more, because somehow it's feels less clusterfuck and there's no diabos in there, fuck those giant emu.
Im also got *10 more often there, when nabe give less payout.

reaper527
May 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
well, in the current format naberious makes zero sense to run (aside from if you need to get zandeon still).

it's a shame too, because it was actually a pretty nice quest. i think people are so traumatized from everyone being level 70 and having (now) obsolete gear resulting in everything taking forever to kill that they have negative memories of the quest. if sega had simply added those same stones to naberious for s-rank clears, i think there is a good chance you'd see a decent split between the two.

naberious has some good 12* drops in addition to the ares 13*. i actually like naberious better as a level (seemed like more effort was put into enemy design as opposed to just color swapping like they did on lilipa), but at the same time, i'm not running it over lilipa when lilipa will give me a stone for every completion to eventually get a slave weapon if the mobs/anga won't drop a slave/ares on their own.

Lax
May 18, 2015, 02:26 PM
The UQs are probably the most mind-numbing thing in the game so far, it's okay for the first 30-50 runs but i got sick of it really fast

Alenoir
May 18, 2015, 03:04 PM
well, in the current format naberious makes zero sense to run (aside from if you need to get zandeon still).

it's a shame too, because it was actually a pretty nice quest. i think people are so traumatized from everyone being level 70 and having (now) obsolete gear resulting in everything taking forever to kill that they have negative memories of the quest.

No, it's the combination of the grounds, the narrow corridors, the elephants, the dragon, and Anga all in one clusterfuck area that make people hate it. Diablo initially shaking the screen with one of its attacks didn't helped, either.

I will never forget that one day when Anga and elephants and bears all spawned together. Or that one day at the beginning when we had to fight Diablo in a corridor and he starts doing ground fire.