PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth getting premium solely for Premium Blocks?

Shadowstarkirby
May 17, 2015, 11:57 AM
Incoming rant. ^^;

So, I have a question in regards to premium and premium blocks, is it worth getting just for that alone? I've recently been doing XH EQs and I've been utterly convinced that B18 onwards are filled with players that simply are under geared or have no idea what they're doing. For the past two weeks, doing MD3s and Magatsu's on XH have been nothing but colossal failures left and right, bosses regularly escaping at the end of MD3 waves, 2 towers left by wave 4, and failing to even burn Magatsu's mask off on the first stun from the cannons. It happens all the time for me and it's really killing my enjoyment of the game which I've only started 3 months ago. I don't remember the last time I ever even got access to fighting Magatsu Sai.

I'm not exaggerating on this at all neither, hell I inspected a 75/53 player (out of pure curiosity as to why he was dying so much) during a fight vs. Apios Dorios that was wearing non-extended 3* units. Not with Lucky Rise affixes or anything good neither, just filled with shitty random affixes like Body I and React I, having no rhyme or reason and as you would imagine, was lying on the ground the majority of the fight. That single fight on XH lasted 20 minutes, like, for real? Is this the norm on XH? :-?

I'd like to think that I'm well geared enough as a non-premium user to contribute in XH (75/75 Bo/Hu, Ex. 11, Lv 3 Potential 7* weapons and +10 11* Fahren Units), so why is it that I see players running around like the 3* unit twat? I'm usually not one to complain and hawk over other players like some sort of pseudo elitist, everyone should be naturally self sufficient, but seeing this on XH is appalling.

As soon as I hit XH, it's been nothing but terrible MPAs for me that have had various EQs that involve bosses or even a slight inkling of teamwork result in the aforementioned ways. I know it's a luck of the draw when it comes to getting a good MPA anywhere, that goes without saying, but are the premium/usually filled blocks regularly more successful in your experience? I'm not trying to start controversy or arguments, so please bottle those urges when you post, it's just a question from a frustrated player. ^^;

Anduril
May 17, 2015, 12:00 PM
If you feel it is important enough to get into those higher blocks, then sure. You then also just happen to get the extra perks of Premium. Ultimately, this is a personal question since it is up to you to decide whether or not this perk is worth the monetary cost.

That said, I do usually get more successful EQs in the higher blocks, but even then it can vary since anyone can get premium and take up the space, not to mention the people who camp there waiting for EQs.

TheszNuts
May 17, 2015, 12:02 PM
Just because you get into the higher blocks doesn't means you get a good mpa, its still luck of the draw. Premium space is also not the big motivator as much as it granting the ability to trade for passes.

Ryuuguu
May 17, 2015, 12:40 PM
I would say it is worth it for premium blocks and trade.

emeraude
May 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
Well getting into a good MPA is still RNG, but there are way better chances to get into a good one the higher the block you're in. There's a reason why you'll see people spamming the teleporter before high risk high reward EQ like Magatsu and TD3.

Shunx
May 17, 2015, 12:55 PM
Well getting into a good MPA is still RNG, but there are way better chances to get into a good one the higher the block you're in. There's a reason why you'll see people spamming the teleporter before high risk high reward EQ like Magatsu and TD3.

I find it hard to believe because I've had better MPAs in lower blocks than in higher blocks.

emeraude
May 17, 2015, 01:01 PM
YMMV of course, I can't speak for everyone, but for me (I play on Ship 2), there is usually a big difference between XH Magatsu MPAs on say, B23 compared to B16.

NotRankin
May 17, 2015, 01:09 PM
I find it hard to believe because I've had better MPAs in lower blocks than in higher blocks.

Funny, I've had better MPAs in higher blocks than in lower blocks.

@OP, Yes. Easily. The ability to trade for passes is just a slight bonus. Trading isnt as good imo, but is still nice, the shop/room are ok, not as good imo, cause of the abundance of passes I get from FUN which will probably never be used except to turn into arks badges for triboots (seriously, I just turned 60 shop passes into those :I ). But yea, it's worth it, it's pretty much the only reason I get it.

Squal_FFVIII
May 17, 2015, 02:44 PM
Higher blocks will always give you a better chance at a good/decent MPA. It also depends on the time. For example. If you are in B15 during Japanese players peak time you have like a 99% chance of getting a decent MPA meaning you will get atleast 3 magatsu runs no questions asked.

I usually get the full 4 runs in when playing in B15 during Japanese playing hours.

Another thing is that I like to actually join pre-made japanese games. I feel that when I do this I tend to be the only gaijin in the whole mpa.

As long as you don't suck they don't care if you join their parties ^^

Kiyokaze
May 17, 2015, 02:58 PM
anyone who paid for PSO or PSU can just justify it by saying that they paid a similar amount to "get into blocks" also

but more seriously, it's not too bad to do it for the blocks only... the shop is definitely the most useful thing though. i don't really care about the drink, extra client orders, room, or the FUN points bonus that the game feels the need to sneakily remind me about to make sure I keep getting premium

and if you only get premium once the usual strategy is to get enough 10/11 star passes while it's active

finally, i guess it's good to support the game if you like it

the_importer_
May 17, 2015, 07:00 PM
I got bad MPAs on block 15 for Magatsu and TD3. Even inexperience players can pay premium, so that doesn't mean that you'll get better MPAs. The reverse scenario could also happen, you can stumble on those "super elite" players who probably camped 10 hours in advance in a block only to ditch you in the middle of the EQ because he/she feels that the MPA is not strong enough, seriously, fuck these guys -_-

GHNeko
May 17, 2015, 07:06 PM
my luck generally has been;

if its not premium full, the quality of the runs are far lower than if it is premium full.

There have been exceptions...such as the premium only block which is hardly full but have given me great magatsu sai fights lol.

Squal_FFVIII
May 17, 2015, 07:15 PM
I'm already camping B15 for the magatsu that's coming tomorrow morning lol.

I will post my results here tomorrow :3

Fusionxglave
May 17, 2015, 11:18 PM
to really compare 13 dollars for premium vs hours upon hours of frustration and unfinished Emergency quests for 30 days.

Jokai
May 18, 2015, 08:10 PM
I had premium last summer and it was definitely worth it for the premium space on blocks, 11/10* passes, extra storage, and myshop access.

From my experience, blocks full of premium players have a really high success rate in EQs which was great. Three tower defense runs? Yes please. Although, I'm not sure if three runs is possible with XH now. I'm not sure if the easier runs are because premium players take the game more seriously or because there aren't any of those terrible English players.

The passes don't matter much anymore since they've been made obsolete by all these new weapons and units, but if you want to play the Myshop game there's still money to be made from 10/11* items. Also, you'd benefit from getting an 11* weapon if you don't think you'll get a 13/12* anytime soon.

The Myshop access is definitely the best part since you can make a lot of meseta from it, especially if you always have stuff to sell like me.

Ryu Soma
May 19, 2015, 10:22 AM
The by far most important part of having premium is 10/11* weapon and 10* unit passes.

This makes it infinitely easier to get good gear because there is nothing below 11* units and 12-13* weapons you have to hunt yourself.
You can just buy it.

Ryuuguu
May 19, 2015, 10:44 AM
10*/11* weapons are not that important when you can craft stuff. Maybe for some classes?

Squal_FFVIII
May 19, 2015, 03:09 PM
The last 2 magatsu's that I did in B15 have all been 4 runs plus the super saiyin magatsu.

In the last magatsu run I collected 125 cubes <3

B15 FTW!