PDA

View Full Version : So, now that Kuronia comes next...

Chris_Chocobo
May 18, 2015, 03:52 AM
We all know that each planet has at least 3 zones. Harkotan is going to have his second zone, Kuronia (if we dont count Sealed Grounds). Anyone wants a zone for Harkotan similar to the Ohtori Castle seen in Phantasy Star Portable 2? That temple was awesome, also his music and i think it fits perfect on that planet style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=988y38wQ1rM

AlphaBlob
May 18, 2015, 04:29 AM
Seeing a 6th planet doesn't sound impossible. I don't think Sega is going to make a 3rd zone for Harkotan so soon, actually I expect to see a new planet before that happens.

So far we got forest/snow, volcano/sky, desert/machine, beach/water and city/temple. Since PSO2 is so space related, I'd really like the next "planet" to be more space themed, like a moon with Magatsu-like gravity, or alien city with technologies that surpasses ARKS.

Also, seeing 4th zones (not counting corrupted quest) doesn't seem impossible either. Nab could have swamps, Amduscia could have cave (a dark, non-volcanic one) Lillipa could have pyramids and Vopar could have actual under-water map (swimming mechanic).

Chris_Chocobo
May 18, 2015, 04:33 AM
Maybe Planet Machia as an extra? PS Nova is on the same universe as PSO2. In any case i think the same. I want at least one more planet and more zones in the next years

AlphaBlob
May 18, 2015, 04:40 AM
Maybe Planet Machia as an extra? PS Nova is on the same universe as PSO2. In any case i think the same. I want at least one more planet and more zones in the next years
There's still that Gal Gryphon teaser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygSStihHMng) that's located in a map we haven't seen before in PSO2, so I guess that could be counted as a new zone (hoping it's not an EQ or LQ).

Shinamori
May 18, 2015, 04:55 AM
There's still that Gal Gryphon teaser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygSStihHMng) that's located in a map we haven't seen before in PSO2, so I guess that could be counted as a new zone (hoping it's not an EQ or LQ).

That's the Cliffs of Gal da Val from Central Control Area in PSOBB.

Chris_Chocobo
May 18, 2015, 06:39 AM
As Shinamori said, its a map from the first PSO only for that battle. I cant wait to fight that boss in PSO2 >_<

the_importer_
May 18, 2015, 07:54 AM
Well if history has thought us anything about PSO, is that each new episode will be shorter than the last one (PSO Ep1 > Ep2 > Ep4). 7 areas for PSO2 Ep1, 4 for Ep2 and I'm guessing that 3 will be what we get for EP3.

darkante
May 18, 2015, 08:10 AM
I did like the temple area in PSP2 with Shizuru or if anyone remembered the Forested Islands in PSU? I always liked that mystic forest area with the Goh/Olgomon enemies.
Something along that line.

White Beast wannabe area wouldn´t be bad either.

Chimeria
May 18, 2015, 09:11 AM

I'm hoping it's an actual zone but I'm not getting my hopes up. Sega seems to be holding out alot of stuff from PSO. But I do remember them saying that they're trying to keep the game around for about 8 years so I'm sure we'll see more eventually.

Maybe they'll have another Maxium Attack VR quest like they did back in PSU and PSP2 where they let you run Ragol or CCA again. :-D

Flaoc
May 18, 2015, 09:13 AM
they should just give us a CCA remake when its time for gal gryph.. but ya know sega wont give us even 1 pso1 style map so ;.;

Korazenn
May 18, 2015, 09:25 AM
That's the Cliffs of Gal da Val from Central Control Area in PSOBB.

I wouldn't mind the Cliffs of Gal da Val being an actual area this time around. In PSOBB, you explored the Jungle, Mountain, and Seaside Areas and those unlocked the Central Control Area.

Well if history has thought us anything about PSO, is that each new episode will be shorter than the last one (PSO Ep1 > Ep2 > Ep4). 7 areas for PSO2 Ep1, 4 for Ep2 and I'm guessing that 3 will be what we get for EP3.

Actually, PSOBB had more areas for Episode 2 than it did for Episode 1 or Episode 4. You had VR Temple, VR Spaceship, Central Control (which had Jungle, Mountain, and Seaside as well as the Central Control Tower), and Seabed. That's exactly 7 areas. From what I can see, there's never any clear indication as to how many areas you get with each new episode.

While it was a part of the Episode 2 storyline, the Altar/Sanctum level from PSO2 was technically a part of Episode 1. That is why it doesn't unlock until after you beat Ruins while Coast is unlocked right after Desert is as the first Episode 2 area. You're also leaving Urban (EP1), Darker's Den, and Mothership (both EP2) out of the picture, too. Episode 3 has had Shironia, Facility, and Kuronia now.

If EP1 had 9 areas, EP2 had 5 areas, and for now EP3 has 3 areas, there is really no clear indication of a pattern visible here for PSO games. The first PSO, as mentioned before, had far more locales in EP2 than it did for EP1 or EP4. EP4 was just about the same size as EP1.

The problem isn't getting more areas, though. I wish people would stop reccommending this. The issue is the generic levels we have at the moment. There are a few levels that really shine (and thus far those have mostly been EP3 areas in PSO2) while the rest are just far too generic and plain. The randomization of level layouts I'm personally not a fan of in PSO2 (and yet, I'm a fan of the way it was handled in PSZ, so go figure). The general randomness of EVERYTHING in this game gets on my nerves. That includes Emergency Codes. The developers threw that all into the game as a half-assed attempt to make the game's randomness "fun" but it all ends up churning into a mixture of bleh at the end of it all when you factor everything together. I'd prefer them to either fix the problem by removing that aspect from the game, period, more so than anything else. I actually want EP4, as crazy as it sounds, to just be a huge fix for all the problems the areas of EP1-2 have at the moment. Maybe that's just me, I don't know, but I really don't like Emergency Codes. They're pointless in most levels and only serve to keep you there longer as the devs didn't know what else to do with their free exploration gimmick.

PSO2 is just that, really. A game that relies too heavily on gimmicks to keep it afloat. I prefer the tighter-designed levels the games used to have prior to this game as that was what made PSO for a lot of us, too. This game feels like how Phantasy Star III felt with its areas compared to Phantasy Star I, II, and IV.

Compare the Forest to any other Episode 1 or 2 area. They're all generally the same, with either one or two differences. Meanwhile, in terms of design, each Episode 1 and 2 area from PSOBB was different from the last and felt unique. Episode 4 was when that mechanic started becoming more generic to me, honestly. But I will say that I still enjoyed those areas far more than I did in Episode 1 and 2 in PSO2.

reaper527
May 18, 2015, 12:26 PM
Since PSO2 is so space related, I'd really like the next "planet" to be more space themed, like a moon with Magatsu-like gravity, or alien city with technologies that surpasses ARKS.

alternatively, they don't even need to do a new planet. they could do a spaceship, similar to vr spaceship in pso1 ep 2.

Vopar could have actual under-water map (swimming mechanic).

they could also do an underwater research lab with genetically modified monsters, something more akin to pso1's seabed than the pso2 seabed.

Maenara
May 19, 2015, 01:10 AM
they could also do an underwater research lab with genetically modified monsters, something more akin to pso1's seabed than the pso2 seabed.

We have that. It's called Vopar. All the enemies there are genetically engineered and the entire planet is literally underwater because it has a global ocean literally floating over it.

reaper527
May 19, 2015, 09:43 AM
We have that. It's called Vopar. All the enemies there are genetically engineered and the entire planet is literally underwater because it has a global ocean literally floating over it.

not the same thing. i mean something that has that old seabed feel.

Dammy
May 19, 2015, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't mind the Cliffs of Gal da Val being an actual area this time around. In PSOBB, you explored the Jungle, Mountain, and Seaside Areas and those unlocked the Central Control Area.

Actually, PSOBB had more areas for Episode 2 than it did for Episode 1 or Episode 4. You had VR Temple, VR Spaceship, Central Control (which had Jungle, Mountain, and Seaside as well as the Central Control Tower), and Seabed. That's exactly 7 areas. From what I can see, there's never any clear indication as to how many areas you get with each new episode.

While it was a part of the Episode 2 storyline, the Altar/Sanctum level from PSO2 was technically a part of Episode 1. That is why it doesn't unlock until after you beat Ruins while Coast is unlocked right after Desert is as the first Episode 2 area. You're also leaving Urban (EP1), Darker's Den, and Mothership (both EP2) out of the picture, too. Episode 3 has had Shironia, Facility, and Kuronia now.

If EP1 had 9 areas, EP2 had 5 areas, and for now EP3 has 3 areas, there is really no clear indication of a pattern visible here for PSO games. The first PSO, as mentioned before, had far more locales in EP2 than it did for EP1 or EP4. EP4 was just about the same size as EP1.

The problem isn't getting more areas, though. I wish people would stop reccommending this. The issue is the generic levels we have at the moment. There are a few levels that really shine (and thus far those have mostly been EP3 areas in PSO2) while the rest are just far too generic and plain. The randomization of level layouts I'm personally not a fan of in PSO2 (and yet, I'm a fan of the way it was handled in PSZ, so go figure). The general randomness of EVERYTHING in this game gets on my nerves. That includes Emergency Codes. The developers threw that all into the game as a half-assed attempt to make the game's randomness "fun" but it all ends up churning into a mixture of bleh at the end of it all when you factor everything together. I'd prefer them to either fix the problem by removing that aspect from the game, period, more so than anything else. I actually want EP4, as crazy as it sounds, to just be a huge fix for all the problems the areas of EP1-2 have at the moment. Maybe that's just me, I don't know, but I really don't like Emergency Codes. They're pointless in most levels and only serve to keep you there longer as the devs didn't know what else to do with their free exploration gimmick.

PSO2 is just that, really. A game that relies too heavily on gimmicks to keep it afloat. I prefer the tighter-designed levels the games used to have prior to this game as that was what made PSO for a lot of us, too. This game feels like how Phantasy Star III felt with its areas compared to Phantasy Star I, II, and IV.

Compare the Forest to any other Episode 1 or 2 area. They're all generally the same, with either one or two differences. Meanwhile, in terms of design, each Episode 1 and 2 area from PSOBB was different from the last and felt unique. Episode 4 was when that mechanic started becoming more generic to me, honestly. But I will say that I still enjoyed those areas far more than I did in Episode 1 and 2 in PSO2.

brilliant post, totally agree

Maenara
May 19, 2015, 10:11 AM
not the same thing. i mean something that has that old seabed feel.

There's a difference between wanting the same feel and wanting the exact same thing.

Triple_S
May 19, 2015, 03:19 PM
Maybe that's just me, I don't know, but I really don't like Emergency Codes. They're pointless in most levels and only serve to keep you there longer as the devs didn't know what else to do with their free exploration gimmick.

I actually really like the idea of Emergency Codes. I like the idea of a boss just fucking showing up to kick my shit in while running Forest Exploration.

The problem is that it just doesn't mean anything anymore. Bosses are basically cannon fodder to even a single decently-geared player, let alone an entire MPA, and they show up more often than they should.

During the Closed Beta, me and my college roommate were running Forest Exploration together to unlock Caves. We both needed to be up early the next day for something (midterms or some shit, maybe, I can't remember), but this wouldn't be too bad to do real quick. Just had to clear the quest in under a certain amount of time (which was much lower back then), no biggie.

The game decided we weren't going to do that.

It decided to throw boss after boss at us. Ragne, boosted Ragne, Rockbears, boosted Rockbears, sometimes a Rockbear and Ragne at the same time, change-overs for more bosses... it was insane. And back then, bosses were more threatening, especially Ragne. They did not go down nearly as quickly as they do now. It was really intense, and a boss spawning was really an "oh shit" moment.

Now it's just like "Oh neat I guess" and that kinda sucks.

Poyonche
May 19, 2015, 03:35 PM
I remember when I first played with my brother and my father too.

We were lonely in Forest Exploration, when suddenly a Dark Ragne appear, my dad was a Launcher Ranger, I was a Rifle Ranger and my bro was a Force. After like 8 minutes to kill it, titled and infected (not sure about that one) Ragne reinforcement came in and kicked our azz so hard. ;-;

Chris_Chocobo
May 19, 2015, 11:06 PM
I want to see something similar to Maximum Attack G (basically return to Ragol for pure nostalgia) but we already have a Forest, Cave, ''Mine/Tunnels'' and Ruins zone. I know they dont are exact the same as in PSO but we already have one. What about a trial across Gal Da Val Island?

Qualia
May 20, 2015, 12:08 AM
I'm surprised there isn't another location in the actual ARKS ship. We've been stuck with the urban sector for the longest time. I guess the mothership comes pretty close, but that's mostly story/eq exclusive.

mothership aq pls

yoshiblue
May 20, 2015, 12:22 AM
Ideally, if they wanted to make another TD. They could have us fight on the hull of one of the cruisers way out in space, while an Elder Battle simultaneously goes on in the background. Could also pull a PSU and fight inside some enclosed hallways.

reaper527
May 20, 2015, 01:10 PM
There's a difference between wanting the same feel and wanting the exact same thing.

yes, and the facility doesn't have the same feel in any way shape or form. it has the same feel as the temple in pso1 ep2, not seabed. nothing in pso2 even remotely feels like seabed

Maenara
May 20, 2015, 01:15 PM
yes, and the facility doesn't have the same feel in any way shape or form. it has the same feel as the temple in pso1 ep2, not seabed. nothing in pso2 even remotely feels like seabed

Yeah, and my point is that whether or not it feels the same, we already have it, and we're not going to get the exact same thing again just so it can feel more like PSO1.

Chimeria
May 20, 2015, 02:31 PM
Ideally, if they wanted to make another TD. They could have us fight on the hull of one of the cruisers way out in space, while an Elder Battle simultaneously goes on in the background. Could also pull a PSU and fight inside some enclosed hallways.

Honestly, they should just give us this guy. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNAWyxgrZg)

I remember him being one of the most asshole bosses I had fought in a long time. But I think it was because of the gaming mechanics of PSP2i. It'd be a fun fight with the mechanics from the newer game.

On another note...just give us an extreme quest-style/survival mode mission where we fight ALL of the incarnations of Dark Falz in one mission. How's that for TD? :-D

darkante
May 23, 2015, 02:40 PM
Yeah, i remember DF Dios well. Definitively one of the better boss fights, not saying classic Orga Angelus is bad.

I kinda wished for some reason they found a big alien abandoned battleship in the deep space just for the hell of it...full of disgusting creatures resembling Necromorphs.
I just miss the PSO1 Ruins area too much...i guess.

GermanRanger
May 24, 2015, 10:50 AM
hyped nice

SakuRei
May 25, 2015, 08:07 AM
IMO, I kinda want Ragol to be re-discovered since some say that Ragol and Naberius aren't the same anyways due to different timeline? (though both have the same Dark Falz Seal) Or... A planet where Wind element/property is superior, where another native/being/race/tribe where they are using the power of wind and stuff like that. Mah, ff somehow SoJ/PSO2 team plans to that is...