PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 How do I get better?

RibbonSoft
May 20, 2015, 09:41 PM
I've noticed the forums suddenly dripping with elitism recently and have found it rather offensive (good example (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229047) is this thread). However, instead of moaning and whining and telling everyone to go to hell, I do generally want to get better. So I have several questions I want to ask and get some specific advice. First, let me explain my character a bit so for anyone who wants to answer, they have a better idea on how to answer.

1). I am a solo player and i generally don't play well with others nor do I like playing with others. However, this does not mean I will not ask for help on how to play the game. Just don't expect me to do runs with other people because it will never happen. Of course if I only play solo, then why do I care about the elitism here? Because not everyone is trying to be a dick online and are actually trying to get better but don't know how to proceed. Having collective, specific knowledge in one place would be very helpful.

2). My character is a level 51/27 FO/BR female newman. I just recently solo'd Lilipa and Amduscia TACO's on VH. While I still got S-ranks for these, the times were quite slow compared to videos I have seen (Lilipa over 20 minutes and Amduscia over 30). I also attempted to solo Raging Dark Arms and Elder himself but failed because my DPS sucks. I had thirty seconds left when I beat the Falz Arms and I had only depleted half of Elder's health when I had only five minutes left (it was the first time I attempted an EQ). Additionally, I watch many videos to see how other people solo many of these quests and they are doing insane amounts of damage. That's one of the things I want to know is how can I be able to do that sort of damage. The most I have ever done was just recently a Namegid for over 24,000 (that was with a dark PSE effect active however). My average damage is usually around 3000 (up to 6000 on weak points with Weak Stance active). My T-ATK is currently around 1300-1400 with my Talis of choice on.

3). For my weapons, I almost always use a Talis because that is the weapon that clicks for me. I have a Rosa Crane +6 with lightning on it. Rods are okay but I don't use them very well nor do I like them. I tried bows but they are too awkward to me. For me, Talis works wonders. I would like to do crafting but the system makes no sense to me. I've found items that have interesting abilities on them but I can never add them onto my weapon so I just end up selling it. I understand grinding to +10 and unlocking potentials (haven't done it yet because my chances of success are usually less than 10%) but how do I grind or add attributes like ice, fire or EXP III or Ability II?

4). Another question, how do people get such high PP counts? Is that also equipment? The most I have ever seen any piece of equipment give is +5. I am already at 115 but in videos people are usually around 140 to 160. That is a large pool to be casting from.

5). While TACOs are nice for making some meseta, I have never broken 2 million when it comes to collecting meseta. I do not purchase ARKS Cash because I live in poverty even though somehow I still have access to internet. I am trying to turn my life around so I can have some semblance of economic stability. PSO2 is one of the very few outlets I have left to occasionally escape the joke that is my life. Anyway, is the player shop the only way to make money in this game?

Sorry about the wall of text, but I genuinely do want to get better at the game. I just don't know how and am looking for specific advice on how to do it. If I wasn't clear on something or you need more info, please ask me and I will answer to the best of my ability. I thank anyone willing to actually provide clear and concise answers and not this vague stuff that I keep seeing on the PSU blog and other forums. Again, thank you.

Sizustar
May 20, 2015, 10:07 PM
Participate in this topic.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229049

Record a gameplay of yourself playing, and post your skill tree and gear to boot.
For recording, you can use Fraps, MSI Afterburner, Dxtory, bandicam, or Nvidia Shadowplay, if you have a Nvidia GPU that supports it.

emeraude
May 20, 2015, 10:23 PM
1). You're gonna have to play with other people regardless during EQ
2.) Post skill tree and gear
3). find a better talis (buy off the shop if you have to) and grind it to 10, unlock pot if you have cash. for affixing look at this (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/)
4). soul with pp/spirita boost/flict/fever
5). your tacos with your xqcos net you north of 1.5million a week. do your daily orders. get both of your chars to a level that can do both. outside of that the real way of making cash is playing economics star online with the player shops. you don't need to actually buy ac for a shop, once you start running EQ like magatsu you'll get more excubes than you'll know what to do with. turn cubes into fun, draw 3 day shop ticket, sell stuff

btw if you look around you'll find answers to your questions (e.g., the force discussion thread, acceptable equipment (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227342)), just look around a bit more

RibbonSoft
May 20, 2015, 10:43 PM
Participate in this topic.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229049

Record a gameplay of yourself playing, and post your skill tree and gear to boot.
For recording, you can use Fraps, MSI Afterburner, Dxtory, bandicam, or Nvidia Shadowplay, if you have a Nvidia GPU that supports it.

I don't know anything about video recording so this will not happen. I will attempt to post the skill tree when I get a chance.

1). You're gonna have to play with other people regardless during EQ

I disagree. I have seen people solo these so I know it is possible.

2.) Post skill tree and gear
Will get to this as soon as I can.

3). find a better talis (buy off the shop if you have to) and grind it to 10, unlock pot if you have cash. for affixing look at this (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/)

This looks quite useful. Looked all over the Internet for specific advice and never saw this. Thank you.

EDIT:
So I am reading this, and I am having the same problem as before: vague info and a bunch of number crunching that doesn't tell me how to set this up. What is an affix? How do I get one? How do I add an affix? How do I add more slots? Where do I get souls from? I understand the concepts but there is no how to on any of this. When I tried doing an ability like Ability II on a weapon, it only allows me to have one slot. It reduced my slots from four to one. I don't understand any of this. Is there a step by step guide on how to do this?

4). soul with pp/spirita boost/flict/fever

Thank you.

5). your tacos with your xqcos net you north of 1.5million a week. do your daily orders. get both of your chars to a level that can do both. outside of that the real way of making cash is playing economics star online with the player shops

I am not strong enough to complete the XQCO's yet. As I said before, my DPS is terrible, hence I am trying to figure out ways to increase it. The crafting guide may help. I have also started trying to level my Technique Customization skill as well.

Fluff
May 20, 2015, 11:02 PM
Hi! I have a Fo/Br that I like to play, so I'll try my best to answer some parts of your questions. I may make mistakes here and there, so thank you in advance if someone corrects me or elaborates on something I've said.

1) For starters, being a somewhat solo player myself as well, EQs are a must if you want to level up efficiently and quickly. Of course, there's probably other ways to level (Advanced Quest spam, relying on quests...), but those are not as nearly as good as EQs. This means you have to play with other players to get as much EXP as you possibly can in the 30 minutes you're given. People aren't generally too bad, but you might get bad experiences here and there. However, your good experiences working as a team will overshadow these bad experiences, so don't worry.

2) People do a lot of damage mainly because of their skills, equipment, and their skill tree. If you post your skill tree here, members of the forum can evaluate it and point you into the right direction.
Fo/Br relies on Weak Stance from the Braver skill tree and Element Conversion as their trump cards, focusing heavily on element weaknesses. Fo/Te is easier to use because of easy PP regeneration with PP conversion and PP regeneration up our whatever it's called and is good to consider using for leveling up. However, that's a different topic. What element do you plan on building on? This is an important question because it dictates what skill points you'll be using in your skill tree. Generally for Fo/Br, you want to emphasize fire, ice, or lightning. If you want to deal more damage with dark, wind, or light, Fo/Te would be a good option as well because you still retain Element Conversion while also picking up the respective masteries as well. I'm not saying that you MUST play one and only one, but rather that you could play one or the other depending on the dungeon to maximize as much damage as possible.

3) Talises are awesome... depending on the situation and skills you're using. Of course, the talis damage boost in the force skill tree is an absolute must. 120% damage just for throwing a talis is great! You'll have to figure out when to use a talis and what skill to use it with on your own, but generally realises are used specifically for that damage boost and keeping yourself safe when using a skill (e.g. Gifoie). Affixing is a lot to explain, but I'm not at my computer atm so I can't link a guide. I'd rather focus on what it means to be a force.
Because you're a force, you should aim for a rainbow set. This means that you should have a weapon that has a specific element and a potential that boosts that element for every element. For example, Seimei Kikami's potential boosts dark damage, so naturally you want your Seimei to be a dark element. You should also aim to get that element to 50.

4) Special abilities on equipment, equipment themselves (mostly units with set bonuses, but this can also include weapons), and crafting. I'm not too well-versed in creating, but specific crafts on units can give you +10 PP (that's a lot!) However, this changes your units defenses to a default (?) and removes hidden stats units can have.

5) Shops can get you quick money, but for now you should improve yourself to do TACOs as fast as possible and do daily orders. At first, money comes in slow, but after a while, you'll feel so rich! My Shops can be very rarely gotten from FUN scratches, but you should only use it if you have something (extremely) valuable to sell to use your shop efficiently. Focus on improving yourself first, and then all the goodies you want can come later.

Hopefully I've answered some of your questions, but I'm tired now and would like to sleep. Again, I can't link anything right now, but cirnopedia and the Japanese wiki for PSO2 are good references.

Kelwine
May 20, 2015, 11:04 PM
Mmm. Keep in mind that in a lot of those videos you see with people doing a lot of damage and soloing high end things, the people doing it already have quite a bit of high end units and weapons.

Equipment they probably got from doing EQs with others, first. Just doing it entirely solo, from the ground up, will be quite difficult. But you may be able to buy enough off the shop if you've got AC to spare on passes, I am unsure. I've never been much the buyer.

emeraude
May 20, 2015, 11:20 PM
>I disagree. I have seen people solo these so I know it is possible.

You can solo, but it won't be efficient. I don't think you will be able to solo XH Phase 1 Magatsu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23k8T6333E4) (64mil+ HP) in a reasonable amount of time for you to have good drops. This is a co-op game, you will need to run with other people. You don't need to party with them, just run the same instance with them.

You've probably watched videos of people soloing with high-end gear with very good affixes. You'll need to get said gear and cash to affix; it's very hard to do this without running multiplayer quests.

>What is an affix? How do I get one?

You pick up a weapon or unit. You see it has Power I and Spirita I. Power I is an affix.

>How do I add an affix? How do I add more slots?

That unit of yours with Power I and Spirita I. You want to add Shoot I. Find another 2 slot (2s) unit with Shoot I and any other affix. Go to Dudu/Monica, select Add Ability, select your Pow1/Spirita1 unit, then select your Shoot1/Junk fodder. Select Power 1, Spirita 1, and Shoot 1 (this will use the Extra Slot, which lowers the chances of all your affixes succeeding), then hit OK.

If all of them succeed, you just transferred Shoot 1 (added it to your base unit) and you just upslotted (added one more slot to your 2s base).

>Where do I get souls from?

They drop from bosses and special enemies.

You will get a feel for this the more you affix things. Experiment on junk you find. consult the swiki/the guide I linked you. Play around in the sim.

For your PP needs some unit sets give PP bonuses (the Saiki set gives +25pp for instance). Special RDEF crafting gives you 10 pp per unit piece.

RibbonSoft
May 20, 2015, 11:38 PM
You can solo, but it won't be efficient. I don't think you will be able to solo XH Phase 1 Magatsu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23k8T6333E4) (64mil+ HP) in a reasonable amount of time for you to have good drops. This is a co-op game, you will need to run with other people. You don't need to party with them, just run the same instance with them.

lol. Funny you mention Magatsu. Magatsu and others like Mining Defense I probably will never do. Ultimate on the other hand looks crazy but is still soloable from what I've seen.

You've probably watched videos of people soloing with high-end gear with very good affixes. You'll need to get said gear and cash to affix; it's very hard to do this without running multiplayer quests.

Then so be it. I welcome the difficulty. I am not one of those where I need to be min/maxing instantly. For me part of the fun is the journey getting there and I can't savor the game if I am too busy rushing to get to the level of proficiency with my character that I want. I've played Guild Wars and FFXI as well so I am not unfamiliar with MMOs. I still solo'd them too.

You pick up a weapon or unit. You see it has Power I and Spirita I. Power I is an affix.

>How do I add an affix? How do I add more slots?

That unit of yours with Power I and Spirita I. You want to add Shoot I. Find another 2 slot (2s) unit with Shoot I and any other affix. Go to Dudu/Monica, select Add Ability, select your Pow1/Spirita1 unit, then select your Shoot1/Junk fodder. Select Power 1, Spirita 1, and Shoot 1 (this will use the Extra Slot, which lowers the chances of all your affixes succeeding), then hit OK.

If all of them succeed, you just transferred Shoot 1 (added it to your base unit) and you just upslotted (added one more slot to your 2s base).

So wait, let me see if I understand this here. So in order to attempt to add something, it needs to have the same number of slots and then use the extra slot? Only when that is successful do I get an extra slot? How do I not lose abilities though? Say I have a weapon that has several abilities that I want to keep, how do I not lose them when I attempt to affix?

>Where do I get souls from?

They drop from bosses and special enemies.

Thanks. Does difficulty matter?

emeraude
May 20, 2015, 11:49 PM
>lol. Funny you mention Magatsu. Magatsu and others like Mining Defense I probably will never do. Ultimate on the other hand looks crazy but is still soloable from what I've seen.

Well, that's your playstyle, that's fine. I do think you're missing out on not playing those though - TDs are really good for EXP, and Magatsu is an excube dispenser. Also YMMV but I really like the Mining Base Def EQs, they're fun.

For Ultimate... solo on a Fo/Br might be doable, not my idea of fun but yeah you could go do that. I guess you won't be touching Challenge Mode either.

>Then so be it. I welcome the difficulty. I am not one of those where I need to be min/maxing instantly. For me part of the fun is the journey getting there and I can't savor the game if I am too busy rushing to get to the level of proficiency with my character that I want. I've played Guild Wars and FFXI as well so I am not unfamiliar with MMOs. I still solo'd them too.

Even endgame raids, you've soloed those? Uh... good for you I guess? Have fun.

>So wait, let me see if I understand this here. So in order to attempt to add something, it needs to have the same number of slots and then use the extra slot? Only when that is successful do I get an extra slot?

It needs to have the same or higher number of slots. You always have the option to use the extra slot.

>How do I not lose abilities though? Say I have a weapon that has several abilities that I want to keep, how do I not lose them when I attempt to affix?

You have a weapon with Quartz Soul, Mark Grif, and Spirita II.

If you want to keep Quartz Soul you need either (a) two more Quartz Souls for 80% transfer chance or (b) a Soul Receptor fodder for 100% transfer chance.

You cannot transfer Marks.

For Spirita II you can use another Spirita II fodder to keep it. There are +5/10/20/30% affix success boosters in game you can use to increase your chances of transfer. Again, play around in the ability sim to see your options.

>Thanks. Does difficulty matter?

For the number of slots/quality of affixes dropped, yes.
You're more likely to get a 4-slot boss soul on SH than H.

Sizustar
May 20, 2015, 11:50 PM
lol. Funny you mention Magatsu. Magatsu and others like Mining Defense I probably will never do. Ultimate on the other hand looks crazy but is still soloable from what I've seen.

Then so be it. I welcome the difficulty. I am not one of those where I need to be min/maxing instantly. For me part of the fun is the journey getting there and I can't savor the game if I am too busy rushing to get to the level of proficiency with my character that I want. I've played Guild Wars and FFXI as well so I am not unfamiliar with MMOs. I still solo'd them too.

So wait, let me see if I understand this here. So in order to attempt to add something, it needs to have the same number of slots and then use the extra slot? Only when that is successful do I get an extra slot? How do I not lose abilities though? Say I have a weapon that has several abilities that I want to keep, how do I not lose them when I attempt to affix?

Thanks. Does difficulty matter?

Read through these 2 first

Affix guide
http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

Gear guide
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227342

RibbonSoft
May 20, 2015, 11:55 PM
Even endgame raids, you've soloed those? Uh... good for you I guess? Have fun.

You can solo those? I never attempted to in those games, lol. I thought those were party quests only.

>So wait, let me see if I understand this here. So in order to attempt to add something, it needs to have the same number of slots and then use the extra slot? Only when that is successful do I get an extra slot?

It needs to have the same or higher number of slots. You always have the option to use the extra slot.

>How do I not lose abilities though? Say I have a weapon that has several abilities that I want to keep, how do I not lose them when I attempt to affix?

You have a weapon with Quartz Soul, Mark Grif, and Spirita II.

If you want to keep Quartz Soul you need either (a) two more Quartz Souls for 80% transfer chance or (b) a Soul Receptor fodder for 100% transfer chance.

You cannot transfer Marks.

For Spirita II you can use another Spirita II fodder to keep it. There are +5/10/20/30% affix success boosters in game you can use to increase your chances of transfer. Again, play around in the ability sim to see your options.

Now it makes more sense. Pain in the ass but at least now I understand what I am supposed to do. Thanks. Out of all the guides I have looked at online, you're the only one that actually explains HOW to build up affixes. I thank you profusely for that.

>Thanks. Does difficulty matter?

For the number of slots/quality of affixes dropped, yes.
You're more likely to get a 4-slot boss soul on SH than H.

Thanks.

emeraude
May 21, 2015, 12:00 AM
You can solo those? I never attempted to in those games, lol. I thought those were party quests only.

No idea, haven't played those MMOs. Most of the Emergency Quests work like raids if you want them to be profitable; since it looks like you haven't really touched SH and above I suggest you keep doing things solo if you must, but do consider running multiplayer content in the future.

bieson20
May 21, 2015, 12:34 AM
i feel like this is some troll post

RibbonSoft
May 21, 2015, 12:48 AM
Okay, now that I understand affixing, lets move on to class build. Here (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10xQbxImbxImbxImbxImIZImbxImIBImbxIm 0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000 Ioe2iNdsqoe2dpigkcbsIb00000ioIn00000000IbIo4N85xIg 000000doIb0000000j) is my current build at the moment. I am currently going ice to focus on Ilbarta even though I have some points in fire and a point in lightning to give a small boost to lightning tech power.

Xaeris
May 21, 2015, 12:53 AM
Typically, forces buy multiple trees and dedicate each one to a different element, but it doesn't sound like getting additional trees is a viable prospect for you anytime in the near future. Do you have your heart set on ice? With only one tree to work with, more of the game is vulnerable to Fire than either of the other two Force elements. By, like, a lot. It's not even close.

RibbonSoft
May 21, 2015, 12:57 AM
Typically, forces buy multiple trees and dedicate each one to a different element, but it doesn't sound like getting additional trees is a viable prospect for you anytime in the near future. Do you have your heart set on ice? With only one tree to work with, more of the game is vulnerable to Fire than either of the other two Force elements. By, like, a lot. It's not even close.

Yeah, that is one concern I have. Unfortunately, I don't have a skill reset pass so I am kind of stuck at the moment. However, I was wondering: say I did change my main to fire, how would that affect enemies that are resistant to it? Sure I can target weak points all I want with fire but I can't hurt them if they are resistant to fire. I guess the same goes for the other elements. At the same time, I want to do as much damage as I can possibly can in a single attack but quickly. How would you approach this with one skill tree since I don't have the option of purchasing multiple trees.

Sizustar
May 21, 2015, 01:08 AM
Yeah, that is one concern I have. Unfortunately, I don't have a skill reset pass so I am kind of stuck at the moment. However, I was wondering: say I did change my main to fire, how would that affect enemies that are resistant to it? Sure I can target weak points all I want with fire but I can't hurt them if they are resistant to fire. I guess the same goes for the other elements. At the same time, I want to do as much damage as I can possibly can in a single attack but quickly. How would you approach this with one skill tree since I don't have the option of purchasing multiple trees.

If you're starting out, just delete and start over.

Enemy resist, you don't worry about till Ultimate level boss.

Xaeris
May 21, 2015, 01:14 AM
There's very little in the game that can completely no-sell an element. Even in those cases, you still have the options of your other element schools, even if they aren't backed by a mastery. I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were in your position, I would build a typical fire FO/TE. While there are six elements in this game, they are not even close to equally represented. Fire and Light will give you supremacy in...80% (I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, but I'm still probably understating it) of the endgame content where you'll really want it. You'll definitely notice something lacking when you want to cast other elements, but seeing as the most damage usually comes from casting according to the enemy's vulnerability, you're not going to have the opportunity to notice that often.

Sizustar
May 21, 2015, 01:31 AM
There's very little in the game that can completely no-sell an element. Even in those cases, you still have the options of your other element schools, even if they aren't backed by a mastery. I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were in your position, I would build a typical fire FO/TE. While there are six elements in this game, they are not even close to equally represented. Fire and Light will give you supremacy in...80% (I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, but I'm still probably understating it) of the endgame content where you'll really want it. You'll definitely notice something lacking when you want to cast other elements, but seeing as the most damage usually comes from casting according to the enemy's vulnerability, you're not going to have the opportunity to notice that often.

Probabely just go Fire Fo/Light/Wind Te.

So something like this for a skill tree
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10fbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm0 jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000d BbsiN2SGBdX8cKdK00000ioInidfGAGAIoIkcKcAGAcAIn0000 07bIo0000000jdoIb0000000j

Mag, 190 T-atk.
Weapon...wise, get the X 16% ELement Rod/Tali, as they'll help with Elemental conversion, so you can still cast Lightning and Ice Tech on enemy weak to them, although won't be as optimal as pure skill tree.

emeraude
May 21, 2015, 02:05 AM

I run Fire/Dark FoTe (personal preference) and I run quests fine. Resistances don't matter that much til Ult. Even then you can just use other elements - sure you won't do as much damage as a pure spec, but you'll still do decent damage.

For example, I had to do the Zandion CO (kill 70 Ult Nab enemies (level 80) with techs) solo (nobody was running Ult Nab at the time) with my Fire tree and basically I just picked things off with Ilbarta :wacko:

Sandmind
May 21, 2015, 11:16 AM
Some usefull links:
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/ An english database that isn't often updated. Lot of info, but it's best when paired with an up to date source, like http://pso2.swiki.jp/. This wiki might not play nice with google translate, especially the front page, but it's the ressource I most often use. Bumped (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/) is good for the latest new/maintenance/scratch.

Example (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_12.php#nav): You said you were using Rosa Crane +6 as a weapon, but it's a starter talis if not extended (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2_14.php#nav) (you can use this page (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_1.php#material) for japanase's name of the materials used for Extend). Thanks to Element Conversion on FO's skill tree, it's important to have one good weapon for each element you're using. So even a simple 50% rainbow set of 1-3* talis grinded to +10 and extended to EX lv1 will give you a budget update until you can afford/find better. There is also pages for units on both website and whatever else you want to check.

Note: the previous paragraph isn't meant to point fingers, but simply what I felt from reading this topic could be usefull right away.

Regarding your posted skill tree, on BR side, you're right to max out Weak Stance, WS Up and WS Charge. After that, bow's skill are good for when using those 10* and 11* Bow with Talis level of Tatk. Just Reversal Cover can also help in improving your survivability a little (it can sometime be the difference between 2 shot and 3 shot). Iirc, katana doesn't offer much to a FO other than some utilities. WS Critical isn't normally usefull, unless if you're using Extended weapons a lot.

On the FO side, try to pick one element to specialize into by tree. Then max Element Conversion, Charge Advances, Tech JA Advance and try to avoid maxing Photon Flare (some points as filler after the rest).

RibbonSoft
May 21, 2015, 01:48 PM
Some usefull links:
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/ An english database that isn't often updated. Lot of info, but it's best when paired with an up to date source, like http://pso2.swiki.jp/. This wiki might not play nice with google translate, especially the front page, but it's the ressource I most often use. Bumped (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/) is good for the latest new/maintenance/scratch.

Yeah, these are my go to as well except for the Japanese site because Google translate sucks and I can never make sense of anything when I use it.

Example (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_12.php#nav): You said you were using Rosa Crane +6 as a weapon, but it's a starter talis if not extended (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2_14.php#nav) (you can use this page (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_1.php#material) for japanase's name of the materials used for Extend).

I believe I have already extended the weapon. However, I am a little more reluctant on extending weapons now after learning about the attack variance issue with extended weapons.

Thanks to Element Conversion on FO's skill tree, it's important to have one good weapon for each element you're using. So even a simple 50% rainbow set of 1-3* talis grinded to +10 and extended to EX lv1 will give you a budget update until you can afford/find better. There is also pages for units on both website and whatever else you want to check.

Yeah, I've ben thinking of expanding my limited amount of weapons at the moment. I was looking on Cirnopedia but I am not for sure what Talises I should update to. I looked at the Red Talis but it didn't seem that much stronger than what I am using now. There was an eleven star red something or whatever, but I haven't got pyroxene stones to get that yet. I was wondering what Talises you might recommend.

Regarding your posted skill tree, on BR side, you're right to max out Weak Stance, WS Up and WS Charge. After that, bow's skill are good for when using those 10* and 11* Bow with Talis level of Tatk. Just Reversal Cover can also help in improving your survivability a little (it can sometime be the difference between 2 shot and 3 shot). Iirc, katana doesn't offer much to a FO other than some utilities. WS Critical isn't normally usefull, unless if you're using Extended weapons a lot.

On the FO side, try to pick one element to specialize into by tree. Then max Element Conversion, Charge Advances, Tech JA Advance and try to avoid maxing Photon Flare (some points as filler after the rest).

Good to know.

Speaking of builds, I noticed many of you are recommending FO/TE instead of FO/BR. Why is that? Wouldn't I lose my damage output if not using Weak Stance on weak points? In addition, I've noticed an odd thing. The description of Weak Stance states that you only do 95% of your full damage on non-weak points when the skill is active. Yet I have noticed that if I don't use Weak Stance at all, I do less damage overall regardless if I am hitting weak points or not. When I have the skill active, I get a twenty to thirty percent boost to my attacks (even on non-weak points; on weak points I sometimes get more than double damage!). Maybe I am looking at the damage wrong so I plan on investigating later. If I see what I think I am seeing, I will go ahead and get some screen captures so all of you can see what I am talking about.

Xaeris
May 21, 2015, 02:01 PM
Regarding why we recommend a Techer sub over a Braver sub, a Techer sub offers some utility things in addition to damage multipliers that a Braver sub doesn't offer. Techer has Territory Burst for giving Zondeel a wider range, PP Restorate which synergizes with Charge PP Revival extremely well, PP Convert for sustained burst (a bit of an oxymoron, but that's what it is), Super Treatment, and Long Time Assist. In addition, it has Light masteries; light is the most dominant vulnerability in the game by far. Combined with Element Weak Hit, Fo/Te gets more damage out of light techs than Fo/Br (with a certain exception, but don't worry about that right now). For the other elements, you get bigger numbers out of Weak Stance, especially with any of the Force elements since you can double up on multipliers between Force's masteries and Weak Stance, but ultimately, it's just not worth the loss of the utilities described earlier.

As for Weak Stance, when dealing technique based damage, weakness is counted as the enemy's vulnerability. If you cast a fire tech against a fire weak enemy with Weak Stance active, you'll get Weak Stance's effect regardless of where on the enemy you strike.

RibbonSoft
May 21, 2015, 02:24 PM
Regarding why we recommend a Techer sub over a Braver sub, a Techer sub offers some utility things in addition to damage multipliers that a Braver sub doesn't offer. Techer has Territory Burst for giving Zondeel a wider range, PP Restorate which synergizes with Charge PP Revival extremely well, PP Convert for sustained burst (a bit of an oxymoron, but that's what it is), Super Treatment, and Long Time Assist. In addition, it has Light masteries; light is the most dominant vulnerability in the game by far. Combined with Element Weak Hit, Fo/Te gets more damage out of light techs than Fo/Br (with a certain exception, but don't worry about that right now). For the other elements, you get bigger numbers out of Weak Stance, especially with any of the Force elements since you can double up on multipliers between Force's masteries and Weak Stance, but ultimately, it's just not worth the loss of the utilities described earlier.

As for Weak Stance, when deal technique based damage, weakness is counted as the enemy's vulnerability. If you cast a fire tech against a fire weak enemy with Weak Stance active, you'll get Weak Stance's effect regardless of where on the enemy you strike.

Hmm... interesting. I don't know if I will go that route though because as you stated, Weak Stance is for the other elements and there are enemies in the game that are weaker to a different element besides light and fire. Sadly though, I never use wind but I do use all of the others. I am thinking of sticking with BR because I will be able to do high damage in any situation when using Weak Stance compared to say mastering Light and losing DPS on the other elements. (EDIT: I can see where this would work against enemies such as Elder or areas such as Darker's Den though. Makes more sense to switch to FO/TE in these instances.)

In addition, I don't use Zondeel. I know what it does and I have tried to use it but it just doesn't work out for me. I don't really like the technique anyway so I don't use it. PP will not be an issue once I build up a large PP reservoir to draw from crafting or affixes. This is also another reason why I like Talises because if I do run low on PP, I can attack from afar using JA and regain my PP in a few hits without being in danger.

Thanks for explaining the vulnerabilities in regards to Weak Stance though. I actually forgot that it did that, lol. That was one of the original reasons why I went for it was because of that. Silly me.

Sizustar
May 21, 2015, 03:13 PM
Hmm... interesting. I don't know if I will go that route though because as you stated, Weak Stance is for the other elements and there are enemies in the game that are weaker to a different element besides light and fire. Sadly though, I never use wind but I do use all of the others. I am thinking of sticking with BR because I will be able to do high damage in any situation when using Weak Stance compared to say mastering Light and losing DPS on the other elements. (EDIT: I can see where this would work against enemies such as Elder or areas such as Darker's Den though. Makes more sense to switch to FO/TE in these instances.)

In addition, I don't use Zondeel. I know what it does and I have tried to use it but it just doesn't work out for me. I don't really like the technique anyway so I don't use it. PP will not be an issue once I build up a large PP reservoir to draw from crafting or affixes. This is also another reason why I like Talises because if I do run low on PP, I can attack from afar using JA and regain my PP in a few hits without being in danger.

Thanks for explaining the vulnerabilities in regards to Weak Stance though. I actually forgot that it did that, lol. That was one of the original reasons why I went for it was because of that. Silly me.

PP will always be a problem.
Unless you go Lightning Tech path.

Zorak000
May 21, 2015, 03:43 PM
if playing with other people disinterests you, then I don't think this game is for you

Alenoir
May 21, 2015, 05:15 PM
Hmm... interesting. I don't know if I will go that route though because as you stated, Weak Stance is for the other elements and there are enemies in the game that are weaker to a different element besides light and fire. Sadly though, I never use wind but I do use all of the others. I am thinking of sticking with BR because I will be able to do high damage in any situation when using Weak Stance compared to say mastering Light and losing DPS on the other elements.

It's not as apparent in the lower difficulties because well, weaker stuffs and whatnot, but since you absolutely do not want to join any kind of MPA (and thus, leveling slower and have less access to better loots due timing out), PP will become a big problem the moment you set foot into SH. Switching over to sub TE will let you have much better PP management.

Besides, the other reason why people do FO/BR is to use a bow and do Banish with it. Since you also doesn't really like using a bow for tech casting, it kinda killed half the purpose of subbing that.

RibbonSoft
May 21, 2015, 05:31 PM
It's not as apparent in the lower difficulties because well, weaker stuffs and whatnot, but since you absolutely do not want to join any kind of MPA (and thus, leveling slower and have less access to better loots due timing out), PP will become a big problem the moment you set foot into SH. Switching over to sub TE will let you have much better PP management.

Besides, the other reason why people do FO/BR is to use a bow and do Banish with it. Since you also doesn't really like using a bow for tech casting, it kinda killed half the purpose of subbing that.

What's MPA mean? I don't recognize that term.

So, do I sacrifice damage for PP management or sacrifice PP for damage? That is the question. So many decisions...

By the way, what is Banish? Is that a PA because I don't see it in the Braver skills set.

EDIT: I don't like casting with a bow because it requires me to use the subpalette to cast my techniques from and that is a huge pain in the ass when using a controller. I have to take my eyes off the situation for one second while I figure out where the heck my cursor is and make sure I don't over shoot the skill I want when I am trying to dodge an enemy's attacks. Is there a way to use skills using the numpad instead? I don't have to look at a numpad and that would make using a bow far more tolerable.

Xaeris
May 21, 2015, 06:02 PM
MPA = multi party alliance. It's the short hand name for any field where you have a bunch of other players running around.

The thing is, that's not really the question. What I said was that Weak Stance gives you bigger numbers, not that it gives you better damage. Techer's PP and utility skills will give it the edge in overall damage in the long run nearly all of the time. I mean, I'm not in the business of telling other people how to play, but if you want to get better like you say, subbing techer and using Zondeel are pretty crucial steps and you'll always be handicapping yourself somewhat if you don' t take them.

Banish is short for Banishing Arrow. It's a bow PA that works by marking the target with an arrow and accumulating all the damage dealt to the target while that arrow is live. After a few seconds, it explodes, dealing all the damage it accumulated. Forces don't normally have access to bows, and most bows don't innately have T-Atk on them, so it's a specialized tactic that requires specific (expensive) equipment.

KazukiQZ
May 21, 2015, 06:42 PM
Force/Techer is a good start for any who want to try teching class, and generally the most well balanced.

IMO, Force/Braver is a rather advanced combo, so if you're still new to the game, it's better to not touch FOBR yet.

Great Pan
May 21, 2015, 07:39 PM
Git gud.

RibbonSoft
May 22, 2015, 01:14 AM
MPA = multi party alliance. It's the short hand name for any field where you have a bunch of other players running around.

The thing is, that's not really the question. What I said was that Weak Stance gives you bigger numbers, not that it gives you better damage. Techer's PP and utility skills will give it the edge in overall damage in the long run nearly all of the time. I mean, I'm not in the business of telling other people how to play, but if you want to get better like you say, subbing techer and using Zondeel are pretty crucial steps and you'll always be handicapping yourself somewhat if you don' t take them.

Banish is short for Banishing Arrow. It's a bow PA that works by marking the target with an arrow and accumulating all the damage dealt to the target while that arrow is live. After a few seconds, it explodes, dealing all the damage it accumulated. Forces don't normally have access to bows, and most bows don't innately have T-Atk on them, so it's a specialized tactic that requires specific (expensive) equipment.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. How do you not have greater damage if you have better numbers? Is this one of those complicated mathematical formulas where a small fraction in one area turns into a ton of damage over a long period of time? I'm obviously missing something here.

And for anyone curious, no I am not new to the game. I already have logged in more than 200 hours on this already (I know, chump change for some of you but a long time for me). I've been playing the Phantasy Star series of games since the very original on the Sega Master System and have virtually played almost every single one, including the original PSO (where I solo'd Ultimate) and PSU. However, the mechanics are the most complex out of all the games so far and it is good to get a good understanding of how it all works instead of just floundering around in the dark. You people complain about players who don't want to get better and then you have someone who comes on here wanting to get better and you act condescending and don't want to help. And you wonder why I don't want to play with others? Because you just prove that you are like everyone else on this planet: hypocrites and scumbags. If you have nothing constructive to add to this topic then...

FUCK OFF YOU PIECES OF SHIT.

loool
May 22, 2015, 01:20 AM
You people complain about players who don't want to get better and then you have someone who comes on here wanting to get better and you act condescending and don't want to help. And you wonder why I don't want to play with others? Because you just prove that you are like everyone else on this planet: hypocrites and scumbags. If you have nothing constructive to add to this topic then...

That pretty much sum up PSO-World community.

Selphea
May 22, 2015, 01:24 AM
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. How do you not have greater damage if you have better numbers? Is this one of those complicated mathematical formulas where a small fraction in one area turns into a ton of damage over a long period of time? I'm obviously missing something here.

And for anyone curious, no I am not new to the game. I already have logged in more than 200 hours on this already (I know, chump change for some of you but a long time for me). I've been playing the Phantasy Star series of games since the very original on the Sega Master System and have virtually played almost every single one, including the original PSO (where I solo'd Ultimate) and PSU. However, the mechanics are the most complex out of all the games so far and it is good to get a good understanding of how it all works instead of just floundering around in the dark. You people complain about players who don't want to get better and then you have someone who comes on here wanting to get better and you act condescending and don't want to help. And you wonder why I don't want to play with others? Because you just prove that you are like everyone else on this planet: hypocrites and scumbags. If you have nothing constructive to add to this topic then...

FUCK OFF YOU PIECES OF SHIT.

Xaeris meant the PP management of Techer lets it come ahead. If your damage over time could be represented by a graph, a Fo/Br would look like a sine wave. It starts out high then drops down because you need to recover PP, then goes back up again. A Fo/Te would look more like a consistent, straight line because it has the PP management to keep going 24/7.

I think one of the biggest, biggest questions to ask yourself when playing Force is are you willing to spend real money AC? If you're spending on one tree per element, you're good, welcome to pay-to-win OP class ;-)

If not, you'll have to improvise a little. I'd suggest Fire tree Fo/Te for quests weak to Fire/Light/third Techer Element - probably Fire/Light/Dark. Dark for Fomelgion and to cover the Amduscia maps and Shironia. On maps that are weak to neither Fire, Dark nor Light, use the Fire tree with Average Stance Fo/Br or Brave Stance Fo/Fi

RibbonSoft
May 22, 2015, 01:31 AM
Xaeris meant the PP management of Techer lets it come ahead. If your damage over time could be represented by a graph, a Fo/Br would look like a sine wave. It starts out high then drops down because you need to recover PP, then goes back up again. A Fo/Te would look more like a consistent, straight line because it has the PP management to keep going 24/7.

I think one of the biggest, biggest questions to ask yourself when playing Force is are you willing to spend real money AC? If you're spending on one tree per element, you're good, welcome to pay-to-win OP class ;-)

If not, you'll have to improvise a little. I'd suggest Fire tree Fo/Te for quests weak to Fire/Light/third Techer Element - I suggest Fire/Light/Dark. Dark for Fomelgion and to cover the Amduscia maps and Shironia. On maps that are weak to neither Fire, Dark nor Light, use the Fire tree with Average Stance Fo/Br.

Okay, that makes more sense. Graphs I understand and I can see why this would be a big deal.

Unfortunately, as I have stated in the OP, I live in poverty so I have no ability to pay ARKS Cash so that limits my options. What I might do is level up Techer for those instances where I will need it and use Braver for other times that I will need that.

That reminds me, I noticed that when I try to turn in a CO, if I switch my main to a low level class like Techer (I haven't leveled it yet), the experience reward drops. Is this normal? If so how do you level low level subclasses quickly so they can catch up to your main?

loool
May 22, 2015, 01:33 AM
If not, you'll have to improvise a little. I'd suggest Fire tree Fo/Te for quests weak to Fire/Light/third Techer Element - probably Fire/Light/Dark. Dark for Fomelgion and to cover the Amduscia maps and Shironia. On maps that are weak to neither Fire, Dark nor Light, use the Fire tree with Average Stance Fo/Br.

If you're not willing to spend AC on extra skill tree then fire element is your best bet. Most of everything is weak against fire. For Techer, you better off just wand smacking. We all know Techer suck at casting Tech.

That reminds me, I noticed that when I try to turn in a CO, if I switch my main to a low level class like Techer (I haven't leveled it yet), the experience reward drops. Is this normal? If so how do you level low level subclasses quickly so they can catch up to your main?
It's normal. That's how lazy end game player level their other classes.

Selphea
May 22, 2015, 01:36 AM
The exp does drop, but typically the penalty is worth eating because it's still faster than levelling it yourself.

One thing you can do is gauge the recommended level of the quest. The lower level quests tend to have a smaller penalty. E.g. the daily quest for Run: Naberius I Time Attack N tends to have a smaller penalty than Run: Volcanic Cave Exploration SH. The Triboosts are an exception though

Dephinix
May 22, 2015, 01:51 AM
For Techer, you better off just wand smacking. We all know Techer suck at casting Tech.

Correction, you think that. Take a stop by the Techer thread, ^^;

loool
May 22, 2015, 01:59 AM
Correction, you think that. Take a stop by the Techer thread, ^^;

Why would I want to cast tech as a Techer when Force dps is way better... Techer as a support and wand smacking serve MPA better anyway.

Selphea
May 22, 2015, 02:03 AM
If you're not willing to spend AC on extra skill tree then fire element is your best bet. Most of everything is weak against fire. For Techer, you better off just wand smacking. We all know Techer suck at casting Tech.

As Fo/Te it is possible to max Fire, Dark and Light Mastery. However, there are maps that aren't weak to these three elements, that's why I said Force can be switched to subclass Fighter or Braver to use Fire for these maps.

Although, in this case, with only one Techer tree made as a subclass for a Force main class, I think they will have to level Techer as a caster.

loool
May 22, 2015, 02:13 AM
As Fo/Te it is possible to max Fire, Dark and Light Mastery. However, there are maps that aren't weak to these three elements, that's why I said Force can be switched to subclass Fighter or Braver to use Fire for these maps.

Although, in this case, with only one Techer tree made as a subclass for a Force main class, I think they will have to level Techer as a caster.

I don't really want to change this thread into a Tech debate... Let's get back to topic. :-?

isCasted
May 22, 2015, 07:50 AM
After reading your responses I came to conclusion that your vision of "fun" just doesn't fit with what this game provides. You can try playing subset of PSO2 without multiparty content, Zondeel, bows and Techer and have your own definition of "good". And it will be fine as long as you don't force your opinions on "proper" players by joining their parties/MPAs/teams/whatever.

But then you reach endgame and realise that you did all you could, and your crappy gear (as you couldn't get something better because you don't run with other people) won't let you run Ultimate/XH solo, and in other modes accomplishing something takes forever.

So, your choices:

1) Listen to what people tell you and try it. It's quite possible that you might reconsider your "ideals";
2) Find a game that fits you better.

emeraude
May 22, 2015, 10:46 AM

Okay, for example I run a damage-focused EQ (bear with me, I know you won't run MPA) like TD2. You need to keep mob aggro even without killing them instantly so you'll need to keep damage up.

I run Fire/Dark. Fire is very pp-intensive, especially since I use a rod that reduces charge time.

If I run Fo/Br I will have strong damage/cast for the entirety of my pp (160~), but after that I will run out, and will have to stop DPS to refill PP (shooting things with a gunslash is my preferred way).

If I run Fo/Te I will have lower damage/cast for the entirety of my pp, but I have access to PP Convert (70% HP for +5 more PP regen per tick, for 30s) and PP Restorate (40% faster natural PP recovery). With these two I barely need to stop DPS to refill PP.

Now this mostly won't matter to you if you always run solo quests (unless you start running AQ which has endless PSE bursts), but it's a good thing to consider.

RibbonSoft
May 22, 2015, 12:30 PM
2) Find a game that fits you better.

I don't usually respond to trolls, but I will here so one can at least attempt to understand my way of thinking (and even then I doubt anyone will but I will waste my time anyway). The reason I play this game because I am a fan of Phantasy Star. As I have said before, I have played almost all of the games since the original one on the Master System back in the eighties (including the original PSO and PSU). In addition, there is no modern single player game on the market that I know of that has the same appealing art style, world, characters, character customization, story, or game mechanics. All of these are what I love about this game (even if crafting is a pain in the ass). There is only one problem with the game: its an MMO so that doesn't really give me much of a choice in game selection. Now if someone can point me to a single player game that:

1) Uses the same art style.
2) Has a similar or the same type of world or sci-fi design
3) Has the same or similarly appealing characters (Lisa is crazy as fuck!)
4) Has the same or an even better character creator and customization
5) Has a similar or great story line (I like the whole time skipping stuff, I think its handled better than BlazBlue which is just a clusterfuck)
6) Has the same game mechanics.
7) Is on PC.

Now if you can't find a single player game that matches this, then there isn't really a game more fitting, now is there. I love this game. I just don't like the MMO part. Hence I don't play those parts. It's like when people play Dragon Age and get into a frenzy because you can have same-sex relationships in the game. If you don't like that part of the game, then don't play that part of the game, its that simple. The same with fighting games. Some people don't like the story mode so they skip it and go straight for the multiplayer. I understand that and that is their decision.

I understand why MMOs are popular and why they are made based upon all of the exhaustive market research I used to have to do. The Millenials love games based on cooperative team work, hence games like Call of Duty, the upcoming Overwatch, Borderlands, Neverwinter and yes PSO2. I understand that. However, PSO2 also gives the option of soloing. As incompetent as they are, if SEGA really only wanted teamwork or coop play, they would have designed the game with no ability to solo whatsoever. However they didn't. And because they didn't, it attracts players like me who like to play these types of games, but can't stand interacting with other people because most of them are shits just like IRL. So to all of you who say "find a game that fits," there is no other game that fits. If you can find me one game that fits with the criteria that I described above and has the same feel as PSO2, then I will check it out. Otherwise, fuck off.

ON TOPIC:
So after analyzing the Techer skill tree for a bit and looking at skill suggestions brought up by others here, I am starting to lean more towards FO/TE. However, one of things I was wondering though is that one of the suggestions I saw, I noticed the Shifta path being practically maxed. Is this to help in increasing damage over the long run? If I go the FO/TE route, I will be able to get Shifta duration up to two and a half minutes. Is investing in Shifta really a good idea to help raise damage or am I better off just sticking with FO/BR in that aspect? I want to be able to kill my enemies quickly, not over a longer period of time because I am doing lower numbers against mobs.

isCasted
May 22, 2015, 01:29 PM
I don't usually respond to trolls... fuck off.

You tried way too hard at looking for troll points in my post. I tried my best not to come off insultive, and now I wonder why I even bothered.

The question I put: what are you going to do when you bump into a wall unsoloability, when soloable conent grows on you? That's not a troll question - that's genuine curiosity.

Anyway, on topic of Techer sub - when your PP drops to 0, your DPS turns into negligible too. Techer sub with PP Restorate and PP Convert makes sure you don't hit 0 PP too often while you are fighting durable enemies like, say, Goldrahdas or Ultimate enemies. Since you are clearly not going to get to those, Fo/Br and Fo/Fi are quite capable of killing spawns before ever running out of PP (assuming your PP is at least 140 and gear isn't complete garbage).

As for bosses, PP Convert is Fo/Te-way and Banish+Il Barta/Namegid is Fo/Br way. Can't work with that - ain't getting better.

And if you don't want to bother with elemental weaknesses and buy additional skill trees - there's Fo/Fi. At perfect conditions it's hitting highest numbers overall (for example, Rafoie on pure Fire spec can one-shoot SH trash mobs no matter the weakness), but you sacrifice bossing potential... Unless you get Zandion and/or Formelgion (but you have to play Ultimate for those), which are good for any class combos, any conditions, any whatevers. In that case you might not feel like you are missing much.

Contain
May 22, 2015, 01:43 PM
To answer your question about maxing Shifta Advance, I personally disagree. The way Shifta actually increases your damage is not what you imagine it would be.

If you are playing Fo/Te, it is actually a cap of 3 minutes, with each Shifta tick granting +15 seconds (So 3 or so full casts to get to max duration, or 12 ticks). While adding more to the bonus that Shifta grants SEEMS nice, Shifta actually increases your BASE stats by x%, where x is the power of Shifta divided by 10.

If I consider Marlu, who is a 75/75 Force/Techer (highest T-atk base main-class and second highest sub-class) and a female Newman (highest base T-Atk stat of all races and sexes) and with a 190 T-Atk Mag (Mags count as base stats. Don’t ask me.), she has 930 T-Atk. When you calculated what Shifta does to that, you get this, assuming you are using Level 17 Shifta (the differences are insignificant for lower levels however):

Scenario---------Base Stats-Modifier----Boosted Base Stats---Net Increase
Normal Shifta---930-------1.1970-----1113.2------------------0
Boosted (1)------930-------1.20685----1124.7840------------+11.5742
Boosted (10)-----930-------1.24625---1159.0125-------------+45.8025

Sorry for the wonky formatting, I suck at forums. But essentially, 1 point will grant you an additional 11 T-atk (Not bad for a single point), while 10 will give you only 45, which is drastic when you consider how many % boosts you are missing from Light, Dark, etc. I get one point personally, or 5 if I want to get Shifta Strike with my TE main build.

Also, remember Techer also has Super Recovery. That ability is amazing.

RibbonSoft
May 22, 2015, 02:30 PM
The question I put: what are you going to do when you bump into a wall unsoloability, when soloable conent grows on you? That's not a troll question - that's genuine curiosity.

Don't know, never had that happen when I play MMOs. Why would PSO2 be any different?

And if you don't want to bother with elemental weaknesses and buy additional skill trees - there's Fo/Fi. At perfect conditions it's hitting highest numbers overall (for example, Rafoie on pure Fire spec can one-shoot SH trash mobs no matter the weakness), but you sacrifice bossing potential... Unless you get Zandion and/or Formelgion (but you have to play Ultimate for those), which are good for any class combos, any conditions, any whatevers. In that case you might not feel like you are missing much.

I don't get where you or everyone else for that matter think I am unwilling to buy different skill trees come from. I would like to get different skill trees. However, let me re-iterate what I said in my OP:

I live in poverty. I have no money.

To drive the point home: I have only 20 cents in my bank account. I am fairly certain that ARKS Cash is far more expensive than that. Else I would have gotten different skill trees a long time ago. Hell, I would have even donated to the PSO2 Proxy that CyberKitsune runs because it is an amazing piece of work. Since I don't have money and no one wants to hire me so I can make money, that rather limits my options by quite a bit. So I am stuck with one skill tree.

Oh and before anyone goes get rid of Internet lol troll post, I am using someone else's Internet, I don't pay for it. Once I can figure out how to get back on my own two feet again without having to rely on someone else, then maybe we can talk about purchasing ARKS Cash.

I do want to thank you about the FO/FI info. I will have to look into that.

To answer your question about maxing Shifta Advance, I personally disagree. The way Shifta actually increases your damage is not what you imagine it would be.

If you are playing Fo/Te, it is actually a cap of 3 minutes, with each Shifta tick granting +15 seconds (So 3 or so full casts to get to max duration, or 12 ticks). While adding more to the bonus that Shifta grants SEEMS nice, Shifta actually increases your BASE stats by x%, where x is the power of Shifta divided by 10.

If I consider Marlu, who is a 75/75 Force/Techer (highest T-atk base main-class and second highest sub-class) and a female Newman (highest base T-Atk stat of all races and sexes) and with a 190 T-Atk Mag (Mags count as base stats. Don’t ask me.), she has 930 T-Atk. When you calculated what Shifta does to that, you get this, assuming you are using Level 17 Shifta (the differences are insignificant for lower levels however):

Scenario---------Base Stats-Modifier----Boosted Base Stats---Net Increase
Normal Shifta---930-------1.1970-----1113.2------------------0
Boosted (1)------930-------1.20685----1124.7840------------+11.5742
Boosted (10)-----930-------1.24625---1159.0125-------------+45.8025

Sorry for the wonky formatting, I suck at forums. But essentially, 1 point will grant you an additional 11 T-atk (Not bad for a single point), while 10 will give you only 45, which is drastic when you consider how many % boosts you are missing from Light, Dark, etc. I get one point personally, or 5 if I want to get Shifta Strike with my TE main build.

Also, remember Techer also has Super Recovery. That ability is amazing.

So Shifta isn't actually that great. I was wondering about that. Thanks for the info.

Sizustar
May 22, 2015, 02:37 PM
Don't know, never had that happen when I play MMOs. Why would PSO2 be any different?

I don't get where you or everyone else for that matter think I am unwilling to buy different skill trees come from. I would like to get different skill trees. However, let me re-iterate what I said in my OP:

I live in poverty. I have no money.

To drive the point home: I have only 20 cents in my bank account. I am fairly certain that ARKS Cash is far more expensive than that. Else I would have gotten different skill trees a long time ago. Hell, I would have even donated to the PSO2 Proxy that CyberKitsune runs because it is an amazing piece of work. Since I don't have money and no one wants to hire me so I can make money, that rather limits my options by quite a bit. So I am stuck with one skill tree.

Oh and before anyone goes get rid of Internet lol troll post, I am using someone else's Internet, I don't pay for it. Once I can figure out how to get back on my own two feet again without having to rely on someone else, then maybe we can talk about purchasing ARKS Cash.

I do want to thank you about the FO/FI info. I will have to look into that.

So Shifta isn't actually that great. I was wondering about that. Thanks for the info.

It's not just shifta, it's the same for other job class.

% damage boost from skill is always stronger then + X-atk skill.

Contain
May 22, 2015, 03:17 PM
Also, just to make sure something wasn't lost in the numbers, you should keep up Shifta at all times. It will give you about +150-180 T-ATK just for keeping it on yourself. That may help give a little bit more damage to move up from 3-shotting to 2-shotting targets.

I personally do Fo/Te myself, and I find doing multiple Talises the best way to maximize my damage. Since you talked about Dark in the OP, have you looked at how much Poison Heart ( プワゾンハート ) costs on your ship? You may be able to get a few of those, attribute them up to 50 Dark to get the maximum out of your Elemental Conversion, and get it to Potential Level 1 and +10. For a 9*, it has very decent damage that rivals that of other 10*'s, and a good start before you can get some of those really good 10* out of AQ's, ExQ's, or Emergency Quests. It is kind of an uphill battle to start, but once you get the weapons you want it becomes much easier to do that damage you want.

Also, Sizustar has a good point about the percentage multipliers; there is a decent amount of math behind why that is, but I don't wanna drag down this thread in maximum damage calculations.

Apologies if someone already posted this advice, I didn't read all 6 pages thoroughly. But I hope you don't give up on Force, it is a lot of fun once you get out of this weaker part of leveling.

RibbonSoft
May 23, 2015, 02:37 AM
I thank everyone for all of your help. I just solo'd Dark Falz Elder and defeated him this time! Who would have thought that just attribute grinding would have made that big a difference? I have a whole lot of improving to go but I have a better idea of what to do now. Thank you everyone.

Sizustar
May 23, 2015, 03:39 AM
I thank everyone for all of your help. I just solo'd Dark Falz Elder and defeated him this time! Who would have thought that just attribute grinding would have made that big a difference? I have a whole lot of improving to go but I have a better idea of what to do now. Thank you everyone.

Soloing DF Eldar isn't exactly a feat though.
Try Solo DF Loser

PSchiZ
May 23, 2015, 07:48 AM
Technically, from different PoVs it can be
Of course, some things are harder to solo than others from a universal perspective
But depending on whatever skill you might have it sure can be considered a "feat" if you haven't done it before / average gear / etc etc

RibbonSoft
May 23, 2015, 09:54 AM
Soloing DF Eldar isn't exactly a feat though.

To you it's not. For me it is because it is the first time I've done it. Last time I attempted to take on Elder, I barely beat the Falz Arms and I just couldn't do any damage to Elder himself. After the advice on this thread, while I am still trying to improve, all I did was upgrade my weapons, grinded them to +10 and pushed up their attributes to 50 (took over a million meseta just for the grinding alone :-o; I thought it was supposed to be cheap because now I have no money left).

Try Solo DF Loser

That's the eventual goal.

Sizustar
May 23, 2015, 03:18 PM
To you it's not. For me it is because it is the first time I've done it. Last time I attempted to take on Elder, I barely beat the Falz Arms and I just couldn't do any damage to Elder himself. After the advice on this thread, while I am still trying to improve, all I did was upgrade my weapons, grinded them to +10 and pushed up their attributes to 50 (took over a million meseta just for the grinding alone :-o; I thought it was supposed to be cheap because now I have no money left).

That's the eventual goal.

What difficulity DF Eldar?
Which weapon?
and are you using the grind protect item?

It is cheaper(Sega reduced grind cost) and Grind success awhile back.
And a million isn't really alot ingame, you get abit over that just by doing all of Klotho's quest.

RibbonSoft
May 23, 2015, 07:35 PM
What difficulity DF Eldar?
Which weapon?
and are you using the grind protect item?

It is cheaper(Sega reduced grind cost) and Grind success awhile back.
And a million isn't really alot ingame, you get abit over that just by doing all of Klotho's quest.

1). Serata Crane +10; 50 Light; Potential not unlocked. I don't really have any of grind protect items. How do you get them and how expensive are they? My funds are quite limited.
2). Hard since that was the difficulty I attempted first. I do not believe I have the damage output to beat him on VH yet. The eventual goal is to beat some of these bosses on their hardest difficulty. I know I probably won't be able to on all of them, but that is the fun, the attempt in doing so, the challenge.
3). To me a million is a huge amount of meseta. In addition, Klotho's COs are weekly, not daily, so I can't get a million that easily. It usually takes me almost two weeks of grinding to be able to get that much back and that includes the TACO's. They only pay out 180,000 at maximum from what I've seen and done.

Selphea
May 23, 2015, 07:44 PM
1). Serata Crane +10; 50 Light; Potential not unlocked. I don't really have any of grind protect items. How do you get them and how expensive are they? My funds are quite limited.
2). Hard since that was the difficulty I attempted first. I do not believe I have the damage output to beat him on VH yet. The eventual goal is to beat some of these bosses on their hardest difficulty. I know I probably won't be able to on all of them, but that is the fun, the attempt in doing so, the challenge.
3). To me a million is a huge amount of meseta. In addition, Klotho's COs are weekly, not daily, so I can't get a million that easily. It usually takes me almost two weeks of grinding to be able to get that much back and that includes the TACO's. They only pay out 180,000 at maximum from what I've seen and done.

Have you unlocked all six TACOs? It should be six TACOs at 180,000 each, then one more quest to do any TACO at Super Hard difficulty for 250,000. Total 1.3 million there

Then add the three weekly Extreme Quest COs from Klotho for 800,000.

On average, there should be at least one Daily per day that rewards more than 100,000 too, so at least 700,000 over 7 days, but usually more.

In a week the average free player should earn at least 2.8 million meseta. Shop tickets from FUN scratch have the potential to up that drastically though.

Sizustar
May 23, 2015, 09:08 PM

Soling DF Eldar on Hard isn't a feat, if you want gloating, right, Solo it on VH at least.
And +1 Grind protect, you can get it from the Fun scratch, or buy it from player shop, should be 15k each, give or take a few.

EQ boss that can probabely be soloed on the highest difficulity?
DF Loser would be the only possible on, and tha'ts on VH.
All of the XH stage would require at least 8+ people to do.
And good luck trying to solo any of the Megatsu or TD event.
And beside, the Emergency Quest are designed as multiplayer event, most people that solo it, have specialized build or gear, and it's u sually done for fun, but not suitable for general play.

And earning money, you should try and get fun scratch, 3 day my shop pass, and start selling stuff.

Playing the mobage version, and selling soul receptor and EQ gear is a way to earn money, as you also earn fun point while playing it, and EXP from PSO2es carry over into the main game.

Kondibon
May 23, 2015, 10:20 PM
Soling DF Eldar on Hard isn't a feat, if you want gloating, right, Solo it on VH at least.I don't think RibbonSoft is trying to gloat, only pointing out that they improved from where they were before (which is the whole point of this thread isn't it?).

Sizustar
May 23, 2015, 10:37 PM
I don't think RibbonSoft is trying to gloat, only pointing out that they improved from where they were before (which is the whole point of this thread isn't it?).

Maybe gloat isn't the best word.

But that Soloing Hard difficulity DF Eldar isn't a major achievement, nor is it something that is considered hard to do, so not the challenge that the TC is talking about.

RibbonSoft
May 23, 2015, 11:49 PM
Maybe gloat isn't the best word.

But that Soloing Hard difficulity DF Eldar isn't a major achievement, nor is it something that is considered hard to do, so not the challenge that the TC is talking about.

As I said before, to YOU it's not an achievement, but to me it is. I improved. I still have far to go. Don't like it, too bad. That's your problem, not mine.

Of course the goal is to eventually solo Loser on Extreme. Oh, and solo Ultimate like I did in PSO. PSO2 is far more difficult however.

And take on Magatsu solo? That's crazy. I've watched the videos. No way in hell can Magatsu be solo'd, especially on Extreme. Magatsu is one that I will never do.

Have you unlocked all six TACOs? It should be six TACOs at 180,000 each, then one more quest to do any TACO at Super Hard difficulty for 250,000. Total 1.3 million there

Then add the three weekly Extreme Quest COs from Klotho for 800,000.

On average, there should be at least one Daily per day that rewards more than 100,000 too, so at least 700,000 over 7 days, but usually more.

In a week the average free player should earn at least 2.8 million meseta. Shop tickets from FUN scratch have the potential to up that drastically though.

SIx CO's. Hmm... I don't think I have everything unlocked. I can run Niberius I and II, Lilipa and Amduscia TACOs. So I guess that's four so there is more in the game I need to unlock. Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to do Extreme Quest COs yet. That will have to wait.

Regarding the player shop, that's kind of similar to what I did in PSU when I got to the higher levels. I needed large amounts of Meseta so I had to start selling things through there. Unfortunately, the shop isn't free here so that may not be possible. FUN Scratch is more like a lottery thing and I NEVER win the right stuff I need from those (IRL also) so I never bother with them. You have no idea how bad my luck is. If I were superstitious, getting seven years of bad luck would be good for me. I would never be in the predicament that I am in now if I actually didn't have the worst luck in existence. However, that's just life. It kicks you in the balls and then keeps kicking. There's no relief until your dead.

Anyway, again, thanks to everyone. I have improved and I know how to improve further.

Kondibon
May 24, 2015, 12:12 AM
And take on Magatsu solo? That's crazy. I've watched the videos. No way in hell can Magatsu be solo'd, especially on Extreme. Magatsu is one that I will never do.With all the power creep in the game I'm sure it'll be possible eventually.

Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to do Extreme Quest COs yet. That will have to wait.You can just spam the first 5 floors. That's what I did.

FUN Scratch is more like a lottery thing and I NEVER win the right stuff I need from those (IRL also) so I never bother with them. You have no idea how bad my luck is.Honestly, even without getting shop tickets the fun scratch is probably the best way to spend your FUN outside of specific FUN shop stuff. :/

Sizustar
May 24, 2015, 12:33 AM
As I said before, to YOU it's not an achievement, but to me it is. I improved. I still have far to go. Don't like it, too bad. That's your problem, not mine.

Of course the goal is to eventually solo Loser on Extreme. Oh, and solo Ultimate like I did in PSO. PSO2 is far more difficult however.

And take on Magatsu solo? That's crazy. I've watched the videos. No way in hell can Magatsu be solo'd, especially on Extreme. Magatsu is one that I will never do.

SIx CO's. Hmm... I don't think I have everything unlocked. I can run Niberius I and II, Lilipa and Amduscia TACOs. So I guess that's four so there is more in the game I need to unlock. Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to do Extreme Quest COs yet. That will have to wait.

Regarding the player shop, that's kind of similar to what I did in PSU when I got to the higher levels. I needed large amounts of Meseta so I had to start selling things through there. Unfortunately, the shop isn't free here so that may not be possible. FUN Scratch is more like a lottery thing and I NEVER win the right stuff I need from those (IRL also) so I never bother with them. You have no idea how bad my luck is. If I were superstitious, getting seven years of bad luck would be good for me. I would never be in the predicament that I am in now if I actually didn't have the worst luck in existence. However, that's just life. It kicks you in the balls and then keeps kicking. There's no relief until your dead.

Anyway, again, thanks to everyone. I have improved and I know how to improve further.

When you start doing EQs, and even normal play, you'll get alot of junk 10* and 11*

Exchange them for Excube.
2 Excube = 1000 Fun point ticket at the Excube shop.

Use the fun point on the fun scratch, sell the stuff you don't need, and earn money.
Beside that, you'll need money and time to earn money, selling monster drop to NPC isn't going to make you money.