PDA

View Full Version : Backhand Smash, Knuckles, Twin Daggers getting buffed?

Maenara
May 21, 2015, 03:12 PM
 終わりなき無限の冒険が待ち受ける『Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2)』というタイトルで、2015年6月中旬以降に『ナックル (鋼拳)』および『ツインダガー (双小剣)』の上方修正が実施されることと相成りました。本作の開発陣いわく『ナックラーの時代到来』との ことですから、拳の間接が高鳴るところ。実質的に『ファイター (FI)』の上方修正となりそうです (’-’+

※ PSO2 開発チームからのコメント
※ 特筆すべきコメントのみ、音声ソースを添えて一部引用
※ 音声ソースの出典は、記事末端の関連リンクを参照

http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2015/05/150511a_0101f.gif
http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2015/05/150511a_0102f.gif

バランス調整関連で、
少しだけ補足がありまして……。

『ナックル (鋼拳)』が調整されます。
ヒットストップが緩和されたりだとか、
PAの使い易さの向上、威力調整などがございます。
ほか『ツインダガー (双小剣)』、PA4点と……。

http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2015/05/150511a_0103f.gif

対応時期とかは……。

6月の中旬ですかね。

( --- 中略 --- )

えっと『ナックル (鋼拳)』は
次、生まれ変わると思っていて……。

http://www.g-heaven.net/image/2015/05/150511a_0103f.gif

7月のアップデートで。

全然、全然ね、違うんですよ。
今、調整している『ナックル (鋼拳)』に関しては。

戦闘のテンポが全然違っていて。
あと『PP』の回収力も上がっていたりするんで。
今までとも違うカンジで戦えると思いますし、
『バックハンドスマッシュ (PA)』も強化されたりするので。

『ナックラーは来るんじゃないかな?』と思ってます。

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/05/150511a.html

The Google Translatrix gives us this:
[spoiler-box] Listens defunct infinite adventure end "Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2)" under the title of, upward revision of "knuckle (steel fist)" and "twin dagger (SoShoken)" since mid-June 2015 is implemented thing and I was Ainari. It says the development team of this work "era coming of Nakkura" from a thing of the, where the indirect fist is throbbing. Substantially upward revision of "Fighter (FI)" This is likely to be ('-' +

※ PSO2 comments from the development team
※ noteworthy comment only, quote part along with a sound source
Source of sound source ※, see related article link end

In balance adjustment related,
...... If there are only a little supplement.

"Knuckle (steel fist)" will be adjusted.
Hit stop relaxation Toka he or is,
Improved ease of use of the PA, power adjustment there is such.
In addition to "twin dagger (SoShoken)", PA4 points ...... with.

Corresponding period Toka is .......

Mid of June I guess.

(--- Snip ---)

Well "knuckle (steel fist)" is
Next, it is reborn as I thought ....

In July update.

At all, I at all, it is different from me.
Now, it is adjusted "knuckle (steel fist)" For.

Tempo of combat is not very different.
After or going up also recovery force of "PP" Nde.
And then I think that fight is also a different feel that until now,
Also strengthening "backhand smash (PA)" Since or is.

"Kana Nakkura why not come? I believe that. " [/spoiler-box]

What I'm seeing is:
•Backhand Smash being buffed.
•Hitstop for knuckles being reduced.
•Something about twin daggers.
•Other things?

Bellion
May 21, 2015, 03:14 PM
Knuckles getting PP regen buff

Aeris
May 21, 2015, 03:18 PM
Lol, didn't they nerf Backhand Smash before now they want to buff it?

Bellion
May 21, 2015, 03:20 PM
BHS was never nerfed, they merely changed the power notation to not include the damage buff of level 3 knuckle gear.
See Shunka: Power notation increase, clearly 40% less damage overall. They didn't factor in all hits of Shunka the first time, but they changed it so now it's all hits.

Perfect Chaos
May 21, 2015, 03:31 PM
They nerf BHS, then they buff it with level 17 getting a bigger percentage increase from level 16 compared to the average strike-type PA, and now another buff...
Not that I'm complaining, since I really like Knuckles as a weapon.

EDIT: I guess it didn't? Freaking people spreading bad information, again... >_<

Selphea
May 21, 2015, 03:39 PM
The red box says four Twin Dagger PA types will be adjusted. Didn't mention whether up or down though.

Flaoc
May 21, 2015, 03:42 PM
The red box says four Twin Dagger PA types will be adjusted. Didn't mention whether up or down though.

if they nerf symphonic its over boys its over

Maenara
May 21, 2015, 03:46 PM

Oh god, I might need to use more than one PA to do good damage!

Radical Dreamer
May 21, 2015, 04:04 PM
Still waiting for them to fix Kreisenschlag on Gunslashes, if they haven't already. Does Sega even know that's a problem?

Superia
May 21, 2015, 04:19 PM
Oh god, I might need to use more than one PA to do good damage!

More like a different weapon because TD would be deader than dead.

Z-0
May 21, 2015, 04:47 PM
Yeah, without Symph I'm not really sure what the point of daggers would be (edit: although they are changing more PAs, so this statement might be wrong), as you'd probably be better doing something silly like just using Raging Waltz to climb up and then switching to something else to do damage (like knuckles with Slide Upper / Backhand Smash).

You can't just look at a weapon by itself, gotta compare it with other things.

Macmaxi
May 21, 2015, 04:54 PM
You can change weapons in the air? When i do that i fall down to the ground and have to wait 3 seconds before i can do anything

Xaeris
May 21, 2015, 05:10 PM
That's foreigner latency at work. Japanese players can switch weapons quite literally instantly.

Z-0
May 21, 2015, 05:14 PM
Actually with Raging Waltz it's totally fine, just switch weapon as you fly up and it'll be done on the rise, no problem.

Maenara
May 21, 2015, 05:32 PM
Fighter should get a skill that allows you to JA weapon switches and also grants a JA circle after a weapon switch completes, for unbroken TAJAB chains through weapon switches.

Dephinix
May 21, 2015, 05:33 PM

Everyone loves to debate it on one side. It does indeed do less damage(as a Fi/Hu, don't know too many people that used it as any other class) since it wasn't changed at all when Fury Stance was nerfed. Someone called it an "indirect nerf". It would be nice if they at least reduced the cost of it or something, though more pp regen in general on knuckles would do even better.

Maenara
May 21, 2015, 05:41 PM
Everyone loves to debate it on one side. It does indeed do less damage(as a Fi/Hu, don't know too many people that used it as any other class) since it wasn't changed at all when Fury Stance was nerfed. Someone called it an "indirect nerf". It would be nice if they at least reduced the cost of it or something, though more pp regen in general on knuckles would do even better.

When they repeatedly buff everything on Knuckles but Backhand Smash, it's an indirect nerf, because while BHS has the best DPS of any melee PA, other Knuckle PAs are only slightly worse and many times easier to use.

Dephinix
May 21, 2015, 06:14 PM
I never meant to say I did not agree with it being called an indirect nerf, though I should have added the other Knuckle PA buff part.

Maenara
May 22, 2015, 12:35 AM
I never meant to say I did not agree with it being called an indirect nerf, though I should have added the other Knuckle PA buff part.

I was just adding to what you were saying.

wefwq
May 22, 2015, 03:01 AM
more importantly, will we get another free skill reset?

Dammy
May 22, 2015, 03:13 AM
if i get it right, its about delays and pp cost/regen , not damage

LonelyGaruga
May 22, 2015, 03:33 AM
It's also about damage.

I don't see Backhand Smash being referenced outside of the poster's own speculation? Official statement quoted says that knuckles will get reduced hitstop, better PP regen, and stronger damage, but doesn't seem to specify any buffs to specific PAs.

hoangsea
May 22, 2015, 05:49 AM
just do it !
knuckle deserve a big buff long time ago :-?

Xaelouse
May 22, 2015, 05:52 AM
That's cool and all, but when will they fix kreisenschlag or vent gigue shift not working with fury combo

Sinon
May 22, 2015, 05:53 AM
just do it !
knuckle deserve a big buff long time ago :-?

+1000000 :beer:

FireswordRus
May 22, 2015, 07:15 AM
Fighter should get a skill that allows you to JA weapon switches and also grants a JA circle after a weapon switch completes, for unbroken TAJAB chains through weapon switches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyP54xlkycg

Better seen it here
Change weapon palette in the Air. 6 PA strike
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/6725948

FireswordRus
May 22, 2015, 07:19 AM
You can change weapons in the air? When i do that i fall down to the ground and have to wait 3 seconds before i can do anything

yes, if u use same weapon, but with another PA, u can combine PA in the air

TaigaUC
May 22, 2015, 08:39 AM
Finally, knuckles buff 2. Long time coming. I hope they buff the hit box size too.
I don't really want Symphonic to get nerfed because it feels so good kicking everything with it.

Now if only knuckles weren't ugly as shit.
Or add the ability to equip multiple camos at once.
Damn, I forgot to complain about that in the enquete.

infiniteeverlasting
May 22, 2015, 01:16 PM
idk about you guys but twin dagger PP regain is so slow and small i feel like i need 200 PP to do anything with them. So annoying.

It's impossible to mob with T daggers because of how small it's normal attack hit box is, so when you run out of pp you're dunzo.

FireswordRus
May 22, 2015, 02:43 PM
idk about you guys but twin dagger PP regain is so slow and small i feel like i need 200 PP to do anything with them. So annoying.

It's impossible to mob with T daggers because of how small it's normal attack hit box is, so when you run out of pp you're dunzo.

agree, even with PP Slayer LV5 it is slow

Flaoc
May 22, 2015, 02:51 PM
Or add the ability to equip multiple camos at once.
Damn, I forgot to complain about that in the enquete.

dammit... y u forget this one

(would be nice to equip c mode camo and launcher camo same time)

ultimafia
May 23, 2015, 12:37 AM

Idk, maybe because Daggers arent meant for mobbing?
Completely agree about the low PP regen per hit but thats what LB and Crazy Heart is for.

Macmaxi
May 23, 2015, 01:54 AM
yes, if u use same weapon, but with another PA, u can combine PA in the air

That is not changing weapons

Also yes, i do know it's possible but 90% of the time, changing to a palette that has a different weapon renders me unable to do anything for 3 seconds, which results in me losing all the height i gained. It's dependant on connection i guess, but the times where it usually matters (like magatsu) i can't consider changing weapons an option. Sometimes i sit there for 10 seconds.

Selphea
May 29, 2015, 07:21 AM
Welp they spilled it: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20150610/08/

Interestingly 4 Dagger PAs were indeed adjusted but Sympho wasn't touched. Bumped hasn't translated so I took the liberty (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/05/29/pso2-balance-adjustments-coming-on-10th-june/) of doing a quick and dirty one.

And we're getting a reset pass after all.

final_attack
May 29, 2015, 07:48 AM
Er .... correct me if I'm wrong ... but, isn't SlideUpper and SurpriseKnuckle already have knock-up effect? o-o I also remember missing 3rd hit of SurpriseKnuckle when used on smaller mobs o-o Or, they're gonna make them knocked up more? o-o

D-Inferno
May 29, 2015, 08:00 AM
Buffing BHS/ect is the right thing to do, but if they aren't nerfing the Volg+Zenith combo, then idk if BHS will even have an advantage...

Stickboy
May 29, 2015, 08:16 AM
they buffed flash thousand, which is already kinda good

also, yeay skill reset

NoiseHERO
May 29, 2015, 08:20 AM
Welp they spilled it: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20150610/08/

Interestingly 4 Dagger PAs were indeed adjusted but Sympho wasn't touched. Bumped hasn't translated so I took the liberty (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/05/29/pso2-balance-adjustments-coming-on-10th-june/) of doing a quick and dirty one.

And we're getting a reset pass after all.

these sure would've been nice like 2 years ago when I was fist main <_>

Selphea
May 29, 2015, 08:28 AM
Er .... correct me if I'm wrong ... but, isn't SlideUpper and SurpriseKnuckle already have knock-up effect? o-o I also remember missing 3rd hit of SurpriseKnuckle when used on smaller mobs o-o Or, they're gonna make them knocked up more? o-o

Ah ok o.o the kanji says "adjusted" so I wasn't sure what that meant *fixes*

isCasted
May 29, 2015, 09:01 AM
They generally say "adjusted" meaning "nerfed".

Kondibon
May 29, 2015, 09:11 AM
They generally say "adjusted" meaning "nerfed".Aren't the knock ups on flash thousand and surprise knuckle generally more annoying than useful anyway?

Aerial Shooting (Twin Machineguns) when used in the air will have a slower descent timing

Dive Roll, when performed with Twin Machineguns, will have an earlier Stylish Roll and movement timing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE

isCasted
May 29, 2015, 09:59 AM
Aren't the knock ups on flash thousand and surprise knuckle generally more annoying than useful anyway?

Yup, and that's exactly why an "adjustment" would be a good thing.

Maenara
May 29, 2015, 10:02 AM
Today is a good day to own God Hando.

Kondibon
May 29, 2015, 11:36 AM
Yup, and that's exactly why an "adjustment" would be a good thing.But if the intention is to make the PAs better and more usable then wouldn't it not be a nerf? ._.

I'm just a little confused about your wording is all.

isCasted
May 29, 2015, 11:59 AM
Nah, I meant "nerf knockup", not "nerf damage".

Lostbob117
May 29, 2015, 12:02 PM

That's how things work. You nerf something, gets balanced. Balance changes when new things come out and older things that were trash gets buffed. Now they need to buff Backhand Smash back up to compete with newer things.

Remz69
May 29, 2015, 12:11 PM
That's how things work. You nerf something, gets balanced. Balance changes when new things come out and older things that were trash gets buffed. Now they need to buff Backhand Smash back up to compete with newer things.

ideally that's not how it works, because that's how power creep works most of the time
and they didn't nerf it

RadiantLegend
May 29, 2015, 12:38 PM
I can punch things again. Yay /(RDJ voice)

TaigaUC
May 29, 2015, 02:05 PM
Backhand Smash (Knuckles) will have its damage increased, PP cost reduced and area of effect increased.

About damn time!

Slide Upper should send enemies flying into the stratosphere. Instant death.

Natural_585
May 30, 2015, 05:24 AM

What this guy said ^ lol

Sandmind
May 30, 2015, 11:56 AM
That Elemental Burst buffing ... and here I was waiting for when Sega would release a 12* JB with ridiculously high % for that skill. Them actually buffing the base skill is great, just in time since I was planning on picking up JB BOFI again.

Perfect Chaos
May 30, 2015, 05:27 PM
Where does it say that Elemental Burst is getting buffed? (I wasn't looking at the text very thoroughly.)

Slide Upper should send enemies flying into the stratosphere. Instant death.Unless it's on a Quartz Dragon; it'll just get angry and come crashing down on you!

Selphea
May 30, 2015, 05:38 PM
Where does it say that Elemental Burst is getting buffed? (I wasn't looking at the text very thoroughly.)

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20150610/08/

Right above the part where it says an all skill reset pass will be distributed.