PDA

View Full Version : admins being mean

TGZUS
May 25, 2015, 04:42 PM
Ok, so here goes im sitting in the ship for my buddy to clear something so I can go level. I have been playing for like 3 hours now and i said that I had a "poopybutt" and inquired if someone had a wet wipe. Then I was silenced, this of course made me quite peeved and once i found out I was un-silenced. I said poop agian to get the admins attention and was trying to understand why poop is such a heavy word in this community as i work with kindergartners and they don't get in trouble for saying poopybutt then i was kicked for the day. I don't know what your admin screening process is or if he was having a bad day but I find that kind of behavior unacceptable i have no clue what the admins name is but I was kicked around 2 oclock pm 5/25/15.
Thanks and i hope this is resolved soon,
TGZUS

Selphea
May 25, 2015, 07:51 PM
Who silenced you where? The PSOW admins are not related to the proxy chat admins, and neither of them are related to Sega.

Sayara
May 25, 2015, 07:53 PM
Yeah we're not affiliated with the Proxy guys.

Sizustar
May 25, 2015, 09:36 PM
I believe you have a fundemental misunderstanding of the free speech issue,

The Proxy in question, is run privately, and the person there can dictate what behavior they want, and are not required to answer specifc question you have, as they are offering a service of their own free will.

And free spech, as it stands in the US, is that the government itself, which the proxy is not, have no right to censor speech.

So the solution is simple, don't use words that will get you banned, the admin there is not requried, nor is it necessary for them to explain their reasoning.
And they are not affliated with Sega or PSO-W in anyway, so this topic might not even register on their radar.

KazukiQZ
May 25, 2015, 09:39 PM
It's a global chat. So please mind your manners, I guess.

Dephinix
May 25, 2015, 10:45 PM
No, it's a global chat that you must be known in to act a fool, duh. You can't talk about sex, drugs, and other things until you hip in the crowd, didn't you learn that at school!?

TaigaUC
May 25, 2015, 10:47 PM
The worst censoring I've ever seen was in Blade and Soul China.
The game would just randomly silence people for hours and nobody could tell they were silenced.
You can't even use emote commands, so everyone just thinks you're ignoring them.
Only way to communicate is by mail, which means you have to sit at a mailbox and hope people notice they're getting mail.
It silenced both EN and CN players, and nobody could figure out what triggered it.
Oh, and right after the silencing was removed, you could say one small normal sentence and get silenced for a few more hours.
Most frustrating shit ever.

wefwq
May 26, 2015, 04:17 AM
You could always just turn off proxy gchat and head up to B-001 for some dumb conversation.

Mattykins
May 26, 2015, 06:08 AM
Could just find a team and make some friends who aren't chumps.

Asuka~
May 27, 2015, 02:45 AM
The worst censoring I've ever seen was in Blade and Soul China.
The game would just randomly silence people for hours and nobody could tell they were silenced.
You can't even use emote commands, so everyone just thinks you're ignoring them.
Only way to communicate is by mail, which means you have to sit at a mailbox and hope people notice they're getting mail.
It silenced both EN and CN players, and nobody could figure out what triggered it.
Oh, and right after the silencing was removed, you could say one small normal sentence and get silenced for a few more hours.
Most frustrating shit ever.

Welp... Hopefully that doesn't happen in the EU/NA version when it's released like later this year (closed beta) and fully released early next year.

Karmadon
May 27, 2015, 11:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6HkB1Fj.png

sorry, can't help

Psycl0ne
May 28, 2015, 12:30 AM
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ridiculous-chris-parnell-1422362957.gif

TaigaUC
May 28, 2015, 01:43 AM
Personally, I think it's kind of strange that people are getting punished for saying "poopybutt", but whatever.

Welp... Hopefully that doesn't happen in the EU/NA version when it's released like later this year (closed beta) and fully released early next year.

It probably won't because the censoring/silencing system seemed to be linked to Tencent's setup.
Tencent has the rights to publish BnS in China.
Pretty sure someone else has the rights for the English version.

Chdata
May 28, 2015, 08:08 AM
I run a community and as such babysit hundreds of kids that appear as traffic on my server.

It is no consequence to me if they get bothered when I permagag random morons like this.

I can stand to lose one kindergardener playing a game that's probably at a higher age rating than s/he should be playing... since my average player base... isn't kindergardeners. Only they would be missing out.

Actually I wouldn't gag for that, nor do I gag for crazy swearing or racism (I just tell them to stop fucking swearing) until they start spamming, which I actually do gag for.

Selphea
May 28, 2015, 08:24 AM
If I was an admin I wouldn't ban but I'd certainly roll my eyes at a line like that.

KazukiQZ
May 28, 2015, 09:55 AM
^SEA doesn't have proxy though, iirc?

RedRaz0r
May 29, 2015, 11:16 AM
He never said anything about a proxy chat.

The SEA version has GMs that walk around and (assumingly) do stuff, so I think he's talking about one of them.

I am curious which one. I wonder if the logs would show it - This stuff just doesn't happen on JP so I don't know.

Case closed boys. /thread