PDA

View Full Version : So, how was all of you guys' time on pso2 these past 2 weeks?

Lostbob117
May 26, 2015, 08:01 PM
Since I won't be around when the server goes offline. I figured I'd make this thread earlier. I'll read it when in the morning.

How was your boost week?

sol_trigger
May 26, 2015, 08:06 PM
why would you care ?

milranduil
May 26, 2015, 08:24 PM
Almost soloed anga to death through both phases before mpa reached 250 pts a couple times this week. I think that about sums it up for me :wacko:

final_attack
May 26, 2015, 08:25 PM
How was your boost week?

Busy with irl things, maintaining peace in life, and keeping my sanity in check ...... so, just 1 set of TA (had 2 chars, but only managed to do 1) .... 1 Naberius EQ, 1 or 2 Magatsu, a few Daily Orders ...... that's it for me ;w; Would love to do Lilipa UQ though ;w;

Dark Emerald EXE
May 26, 2015, 08:56 PM
Due to #AdultStruggles (lol) my game playing has been limited....didn't get a chance to truly enjoy ult lillipa like i wanted.

By the way i still feel 13*s are a myth (even though they obviously aren't)

Ill see one sooner or later :P

Evangelion X.XX
May 26, 2015, 09:13 PM
For the past 2 weeks, things went quite well (did absolutely nothing else except spammed Ult Lilipa like crazy with the exceptional Magatsu EQ and sometimes W&R3); found quite a few 13*'s, but would've liked it better if I found either an Ares Katana, or an Ares Rifle since I'm still using their Bio's.

Also found 2 of the 12* Double Sabers with the Ancient Oath latent from W&R3.

I'll be looking forward to spamming Advanced Quest again since I'm still in very much need of Lv. 17 SatCan and Lv. 17 CosBreak discs; still Lv. 12 and Lv. 11 respectively.

InvertedWyvern
May 26, 2015, 09:52 PM
Almost soloed anga to death through both phases before mpa reached 250 pts a couple times this week. I think that about sums it up for me :wacko:

Teach me master =w=

Kinda disappointed I didnt get Saiki yet ._., either I'm not finding enough GGG trigger threads or bad luck.
Got some 12* that are pretty cool though.

Shunx
May 26, 2015, 09:56 PM
Leveled a bunch of classes during the time instead of farming for Slave weapons or Anga weapons

Fi went from level 10 to 63

Bo went from level 63 to 71

Lumpen Thingy
May 26, 2015, 10:01 PM
Didn't get one 13 star to drop using 250s up the ass. So didn't really feel like a boost week to me at all. The norm really.

wefwq
May 26, 2015, 10:14 PM
Barely play the game at all during the boost period because i got bored and end up logging out before doing anything productive.

RadiantLegend
May 26, 2015, 10:16 PM
Unremarkable

Xaelouse
May 26, 2015, 10:23 PM
I found a slave rifle, but then stopped doing Ult after. Game too boring to play more than 2 hours a day

Same thing will probably happen with AQ.

infiniteeverlasting
May 26, 2015, 10:25 PM
got 2 arm pieces of that ult lillipa boss but got no rear units :/ gg.

Miles064
May 26, 2015, 10:32 PM
Got ares boots and full saiki set plus an extra arm. Also got RA to 75. Pretty good I would say.

milranduil
May 26, 2015, 10:56 PM
Teach me master =w=

Kinda disappointed I didnt get Saiki yet ._., either I'm not finding enough GGG trigger threads or bad luck.
Got some 12* that are pretty cool though.

Maybe some day I'll make a full solo vid. I think I can kill anga in under 15min if I don't mess up and clean up mobs. It's kind of bs since a solo time is rng; whether or not a specific anga teleports vs. just turns random directions when firing off laser/homing orbs/knockback orbs (which is also based on the day and block).

Meteor Weapon
May 26, 2015, 11:00 PM
Busy schedule for the whole week and Ulti Lilipa lags like hell everytime I go in.

AzurEnd
May 26, 2015, 11:46 PM
I EX21'd a Vita Sword for my hunter just for shits and giggles. Even went as far as fully Affixing it, some of the looks and whispers I got when people saw me running around with a 3* weapon in SH and Extra Hard was priceless.

Evangelion X.XX
May 27, 2015, 12:35 AM
^Lol. Ya, that's pretty funny.

LunaSolstice
May 27, 2015, 01:11 AM
Pretty good. I only just started playing last week friday but got my bouncer up to level 34,although I waited abit too long to do the level cap quest due to playing when emergency quests were going on lol

Anyways I like the game enough so far to throw some money into it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2015, 01:52 AM
Started to try my hand at farming another 13* DB of either kind again due to boost week, and being handed like 8 100% triboosts. Only went through 4 of them. It's hard to stay immersed, and awake through ult farm.

I think the main problem that makes 13* farming from ult so bad aside from RNG-ception, absurd stone system, and no trading, is the fact it's so mind-numbing. I don't get that from CM, ever.

Zorua
May 27, 2015, 01:53 AM
I waited for Quna boots EQ during the rare drop boost period. Only popped up once and it was when I wasn't home.

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 02:22 AM
Started to try my hand at farming another 13* DB of either kind again due to boost week, and being handed like 8 100% triboosts. Only went through 4 of them. It's hard to stay immersed, and awake through ult farm.

I think the main problem that makes 13* farming from ult so bad aside from RNG-ception, absurd stone system, and no trading, is the fact it's so mind-numbing. I don't get that from CM, ever.

I did a 12hr nab anga mpa yesterday... I don't remember any of it . 3.p

Perfect Chaos
May 27, 2015, 02:36 AM
I waited for Quna boots EQ during the rare drop boost period. Only popped up once and it was when I wasn't home.There were at least two of them, since I did two of them this past week.

Zorua
May 27, 2015, 02:38 AM
There were at least two of them, since I did two of them this past week.
On ship 1?

Rakurai
May 27, 2015, 02:42 AM
Spammed the UQ and pretty much nothing else.

Didn't get a single 13* weapon.

Mesarthim
May 27, 2015, 02:45 AM
I found an ares rod. Then after that I questioned if slave weapons even still drop since after finding two of them weeks ago I haven't seen one since.

Lostbob117
May 27, 2015, 06:06 AM
why would you care ?
Why wouldn't you care?

I would have been surprised if someone solo'd Anga while I was getting 250points up if I was in the MPA, and a bit annoyed.

For the past 2 weeks, things went quite well (did absolutely nothing else except spammed Ult Lilipa like crazy with the exceptional Magatsu EQ and sometimes W&R3); found quite a few 13*'s, but would've liked it better if I found either an Ares Katana, or an Ares Rifle since I'm still using their Bio's.

Also found 2 of the 12* Double Sabers with the Ancient Oath latent from W&R3.

I'll be looking forward to spamming Advanced Quest again since I'm still in very much need of Lv. 17 SatCan and Lv. 17 CosBreak discs; still Lv. 12 and Lv. 11 respectively.

Reminds me when I found a Ares partizan instead of sword.

I can't wait to play improved AQs too.

Leveled a bunch of classes during the time instead of farming for Slave weapons or Anga weapons

Fi went from level 10 to 63

Bo went from level 63 to 71
I should have done this too. My fighter isn't max yet. oops

Didn't get one 13 star to drop using 250s up the ass. So didn't really feel like a boost week to me at all. The norm really.
Same, pretty much.

Barely play the game at all during the boost period because i got bored and end up logging out before doing anything productive.
I did this some days! Though I at least did some DOs

Got ares boots and full saiki set plus an extra arm. Also got RA to 75. Pretty good I would say.
I still need my rear for the Saiki set.

I EX21'd a Vita Sword for my hunter just for shits and giggles. Even went as far as fully Affixing it, some of the looks and whispers I got when people saw me running around with a 3* weapon in SH and Extra Hard was priceless.
Were they like "Umm, you know you're using a 3* weapon, right?" Doubt it would be that nice if it was English players tbh.

Pretty good. I only just started playing last week friday but got my bouncer up to level 34,although I waited abit too long to do the level cap quest due to playing when emergency quests were going on lol

Anyways I like the game enough so far to throw some money into it.
Nice! Hope you continue enjoying the game.

I waited for Quna boots EQ during the rare drop boost period. Only popped up once and it was when I wasn't home.
Rekt by SEGA. Business as usual.

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 06:18 AM
I would have been surprised if someone solo'd Anga while I was getting 250points up if I was in the MPA, and a bit annoyed.
I just know how to kill anga fast and mpa was very, very slow to mob the first few runs of my anga farm day . 3.

ZynischQ
May 27, 2015, 08:11 AM
Found my first 13*, an ares katana with 80 SAtt when tekked right before boost week. During boost week I found two halva tornados in rainy EQ as well as a brisa arm and evil rod from maggy.

So now I have excellent weapons for br/hu, fi/hu, and fo/te.

Evangelion X.XX
May 27, 2015, 08:27 AM
^Gratz, man. I could sure use an Ares Katana, still using Bio Katana atm (sort of outdated, but sort of not).

Magicks
May 27, 2015, 08:47 AM
This boost week haven't really done much; maybe at most did some AQs for fodder farming, leveled up Hunter a tad bit, and restocked my supply of Excubes from Magatsu. Tried doing UQs in the last two days, but nothing really obtained when doing those. : /

Natsu Nem
May 27, 2015, 10:05 AM
I won the game.

The only winning move is not to play.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 11:56 AM

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/XPth8Y6.png

http://i.imgur.com/PUO9sVQ.png[/spoiler-box]
TRYIN TO STEAL MY THUNDER NIGGA?

On-topic: I started working on my HU for the past 2 weeks and started on my rainbow elder pain set.

my team has called me crazy on numerous occasions and they just might be right. kek

Hitoshura
May 27, 2015, 04:35 PM
I got a full set of saikis and numerous rears and arms, I'm all set for when 11* unit passes are available.

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 05:28 PM
The only winning move is not to play.

I now feel very, very old...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/XPth8Y6.png

http://i.imgur.com/PUO9sVQ.png[/spoiler-box]
TRYIN TO STEAL MY THUNDER NIGGA?

On-topic: I started working on my HU for the past 2 weeks and started on my rainbow elder pain set.

my team has called me crazy on numerous occasions and they just might be right. kek

Matching element is 3% damage bonus (5% if 1 weakness, only). I'd say your team is right...

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 05:32 PM
I now feel very, very old...

Matching element is 3% damage bonus (5% if 1 weakness, only). I'd say your team is right...

oh yeah im not denying them in all honestly.

though i thought 20atk ~ 1% damage bonus still? an extra 10/15% element generally means like 100/150+ satk on a crafted elder pain which is ~5% and ~7%, no?

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 05:42 PM
oh yeah im not denying them in all honestly.

though i thought 20atk ~ 1% damage bonus still? an extra 10/15% element generally means like 100/150+ satk on a crafted elder pain which is ~5% and ~7%, no?

1) 1% of your atk = 1% dmg
2) matching element dmg bonus is mutually exclusive from the % on your wep
3) affix benefits your dmg against anything, not just matching element

Example: say I do 100k dmg with some 50% ice wep to a fire/wind weak nab enemy. It would do 103k dmg to a coast fire/ice weak mob (assuming same level/def), and 105k to an ice only weak facility/seabed mob.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 05:49 PM
wait wait. the matching element damage bonus IS the multiplier (1.2x/1.3x) applied to your weapon element right?

i'm a bit lost because based off what i read here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment_Upgrades#Element_Upgrade); that's where i got what i was saying from.

im just missing something it seems.

Flaoc
May 27, 2015, 05:52 PM
wait wait. the matching element damage bonus IS the multiplier (1.2x/1.3x) applied to your weapon element right?

i'm a bit lost because based off what i read here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment_Upgrades#Element_Upgrade); that's where i got what i was saying from.

no its literally a 3% boost to damage for matching ele

unless you are playing bouncer or using ancient oath this really is not worth it

what adios said is correct

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 05:54 PM
fml.

this is what i get for looking for shit on my own i guess.

EDIT: is this information on swiki? i want to read it for myself.

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 05:55 PM

That's a horrendously misleading example... that (1.2x/1.3x) applies for matching tech damage, not for matching striking/ranged.

For striking/ranged, it's (1.03x/1.05x).

edit: partial ninja . 3.p

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 05:56 PM
That's a horrendously misleading example... that (1.2x/1.3x) applies for matching tech damage, not for matching striking/ranged.

For striking/ranged, it's (1.03x/1.05x).

holy shit fuck my life
salkfjsd;fsasfdasl;kj

Bellion
May 27, 2015, 05:59 PM
wtf, it's not 3% and 5% respectively. It is based on your weapon's base, element percentage, AND enemy modifier to that element.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 06:01 PM
wtf, it's not 3% and 5% respectively. It is based on your weapon's base, element percentage, AND enemy modifier to that element.

isnt the 3/5% he's talking about generally what it is with all those factors being counted?

LonelyGaruga
May 27, 2015, 06:07 PM
Pretty much yeah. It works like

Total Attack Power - Enemy Defense Power * Enemy Hitzone
Weapon Attack Power * Weapon Element * Enemy Element Hitzone

And then you add the results of these two before moving on to the multiplication and division steps. So for example, with 3.5K ATK (with 1000 being weapon ATK), 315 enemy DEF, 50 element, and a 1.2x weakness

(3500 - 315) * 1 (3185)
1000 * 0.5 * 1.2 (600)

Total = 3785. Matching weakness only adds 100 in this context, which is roughly 2.7%.

Not too sure about ranged attacks though. I don't play ranged weapons and have minimal interest in learning about them.

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 06:09 PM
Okay, I hadn't realized how oversimplified what I said is. It makes sense now after reading what the swiki said (which is basically what garuga just posted). It comes out about the same though.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 06:19 PM
Pretty much yeah. It works like

Total Attack Power - Enemy Defense Power * Enemy Hitzone
Weapon Attack Power * Weapon Element * Enemy Element Hitzone

And then you add the results of these two before moving on to the multiplication and division steps. So for example, with 3.5K ATK (with 1000 being weapon ATK), 315 enemy DEF, 50 element, and a 1.2x weakness

(3500 - 315) * 1 (3185)
1000 * 0.5 * 1.2 (600)

Total = 3785. Matching weakness only adds 100 in this context, which is roughly 2.7%.

Not too sure about ranged attacks though. I don't play ranged weapons and have minimal interest in learning about them.

Okay now I have a complete understanding of what adios was getting at. I was still somewhat confused before this so thanks for that.

EDIT: at least i think i do lmfao

Bellion
May 27, 2015, 06:52 PM
Ranged attacks are the same, except headshots can be factored in but it's pretty much a weak point, usually.

Techs are where you get that direct damage modifier for elemental weakness/resistance rather than having to calculate it through weaponry.