PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Some Questions from a somewhat new Br/Hu

ComfortablyNumb
May 26, 2015, 11:11 PM
I've been playing for about 3 weeks as a Katana Braver and I have some questions now that I'm actually learning the game.

I've recently acquired my first 10* Katana from doing Matter Board Quests. Its one of the weaker 10s but it gets the job done for now. First question I'm wondering is if I should continue doing the matter board. They seem so repetitive and if the best items you can get from them are 10 I don't see the point of doing them unless you want to follow the story line.

Next question is about my weapon. I'm level 52 ATM and I'm wondering if I should invest a lot of money into grinding this weapon when I'll be able to equip 11* and 12* weapons soon. Right now its at +7 but I haven't really put a lot of money into it. Should I be grinding for the 12* Stone Shop weapon or should I be looking for one to drop off a boss.

Next question is about my Armor. Right now I'm using the Hiei Set because I got it from the matter board quests. It seems alright seeing as you get a set bonus but I know i could have better armor. I've found a couple 10* units but they seem so weak with they're terrible attributes and whatnot. Im not sure exactly how crafting units and set bonuses and requirements and all that work for armor, So it would be nice to be shown what armor set I should be looking for as a Katana Braver.

Lastly I would like to know but I should be working towards as a lvl 55~ character. Should I just be grinding COs and whatnot, or should I just be doing Matter Board Quests, or should I just be looking for weapon and unit upgrades.

Also, as a side note I really need to upgrade my inventory space but I can't figure out how to purchase AC. Any help there?

Dephinix
May 26, 2015, 11:34 PM
Braver Thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208491

As for what's here, I don't know what weapon that is, Kinei? I would upgrade it and get potential level 1 at the least, you might want to use it to level your Hunter(if it's not 75 already).

For armor, I would say Saiki, but considering that's hard to get you can just keep the Hiei set and affix it with 60-95 atk and pp or something. It's cheaper to affix the Hiei.

AC purchase guides:

To purchase with Web Money and the like: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199490

Not sure if you need to set all that info when using PSO2es, but this method is pretty handy:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218485&highlight=Arks+Cash

Evangelion X.XX
May 26, 2015, 11:50 PM
Matterboards are indeed tedious and boring and the items you get from them certainly aren't the best stuff by any means; the weapons are okay to use when a person is just starting out is severely lacking in meseta or is a freemium player. That being said, whenever Bingo Cards are given out, completing some Matter Board events are necessary to completing the Bingo Cards for goodies such as Triboosts/250% RDR etc.

You should not spend a lot of money grinding that 10* weapon; I'd say get it to maybe +20 (Lv. 1 Potential unlocked and then +10) and that's it... with like at least 60 S-ATK on affixes. I think it'd be best to invest a lot of money into grinding end-gear weapons (13*'s Areas Katana/Ideal Katana, etc.) and maybe Yasha (11*) since I still think it's relevant.

For units, if you're still starting out, special HP craft Hei Set to Level 3 until you get Saiki Set; it's not that expensive.

At Lv. 55, get to Lv. 75 by spamming EQs (except for SH/XH TDs, if your level isn't appropriate since other players will hate you for "leeching"), LQs (whenever available), and CO's; it doesn't take long to level up with Exp boosters.

For me, I purchase Webmoney at this site and I usually get it instantaneously:

http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=buy&loc=193646

After I have gotten the webmoney code:

Then I go to this site to put in the code to get AC:

https://m.cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2&p_siteno=

Qualia
May 27, 2015, 12:50 AM
I'd assume since you have the Hiei units, you're working on your Episode 3 matter boards and have Dies Ryu instead of Kenei or Agito. I wouldn't worry about getting the weapon to +40 or anything, since Dies Ryu's potentials are honestly mediocre, but you should definitely try getting it to +10. Personally, I'd wait for the next Magatsu EQ to pop up, acquire a few Keneis or Fubuki Kizans, and max element/grind one of those instead.

Since you seem to be working on your matter boards, you could always go for the Gloam set with the Ing Plate leg unit, which all drops from later episode 3 boards with decent affixes. You can even grab some of 'em from the 2nd part of the Magatsu EQ, but you'll have to affix those yourself.

At your level, I would probably focus on getting a stable amount of money to upgrade newer stuff before actually getting them. I've seen people run around with unaffixed Orochi Agitos that were <+5. Money plays a huge role in this game, no matter where you are in terms of your level, so stock up on your Klotho cash as much as you can.

starwind75043
May 27, 2015, 02:52 AM
I'd assume since you have the Hiei units, you're working on your Episode 3 matter boards and have Dies Ryu instead of Kenei or Agito. I wouldn't worry about getting the weapon to +40 or anything, since Dies Ryu's potentials are honestly mediocre, but you should definitely try getting it to +10. Personally, I'd wait for the next Magatsu EQ to pop up, acquire a few Keneis or Fubuki Kizans, and max element/grind one of those instead.

Since you seem to be working on your matter boards, you could always go for the Gloam set with the Ing Plate leg unit, which all drops from later episode 3 boards with decent affixes. You can even grab some of 'em from the 2nd part of the Magatsu EQ, but you'll have to affix those yourself.

At your level, I would probably focus on getting a stable amount of money to upgrade newer stuff before actually getting them. I've seen people run around with unaffixed Orochi Agitos that were <+5. Money plays a huge role in this game, no matter where you are in terms of your level, so stock up on your Klotho cash as much as you can.

I would agree that could probably last him for awhile before he even needs to look for a better weapon/armor