PDA

View Full Version : servers up

Flaoc
May 27, 2015, 02:48 AM
hearts are power. nothingness is eternal.

Evangelion X.XX
May 27, 2015, 02:50 AM
Got that right, the nothingness in my wallet is eternal.... or will be after this Scratch.

Jokai
May 27, 2015, 02:56 AM
Got that right, the nothingness in my wallet is eternal.... or will be after this Scratch.

I'm afraid of how much the shoulder draped hair will cost.

Mattykins
May 27, 2015, 03:15 AM
Anyone figure out who to talk to for metaltit's first CO?

Rakurai
May 27, 2015, 03:23 AM
Debating on which AQs I should dump my excess capsules into.

I'm also legitimately afraid of fighting level 80 DS Persona or Apprentice with my Force. Even the level 60 versions of them hit pretty hard.

Maenara
May 27, 2015, 03:26 AM
Can anyone get a list of which AQs need to be run for which 12*s? Item translation patch is down so I have no clue.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 03:36 AM
Sword: Forest, Volcano, Desert
Wired Lance: Mines, Tundra, "Skyscape"
Partisan: Urban, Ruins, Sanctum

Twin Daggers: Coast, Quarry, Seabed
Double Saber: Forest, Volcano, Desert
Knuckles: Mines, Tundra, Skyscape

Gunslash: Forest, Volcano, Desert

Katana: Urban, Ruins, Sanctum
Bow: Coast, Quarry, Seabed

Dual Blades: Coast, Quarry, Seabed
Boots: Coast, Quarry, Seabed

Rifle: Forest, Volcano, Desert
Launcher: Mines, Tundra, Skyscape
TMG: Urban, Ruins, Sanctum

Rod: Forest, Volcano, Desert
Talis: Mines, Tundra, Skyscape
Wand: Urban, Ruins, Sanctum

My condolences to anyone who has to go to Sanctum.

Beatrix kiddo
May 27, 2015, 03:38 AM
Theodore

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 03:38 AM
Apprentice Soul, gives 40 to S/R/T-Atk.

Not sure if it's worth it.

Edit: Zeno, Claris, Theodore and Kuna for the first CO from Shiki.

arublast
May 27, 2015, 03:39 AM

Zeno, Quna, Claries Claes and Theodore

Flaoc
May 27, 2015, 03:41 AM
Apprentice Soul, gives 40 to S/R/T-Atk.

Not sure if it's worth it.

Edit: Zeno, Claris, Theodore and Kuna for the first CO from Shiki.

so it gives 40 but no pp.. meh

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 03:49 AM
I think it boosts the success rate of Modulator so it may very well be worth using over the Ult Souls to make affixes cheaper, but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure right now.

whitevolpe
May 27, 2015, 03:51 AM
Are there less people to play pso? I just wonder since new bride costume price skyrocket from 1.5 m to 21m on the first hour.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 03:55 AM
Hmm, question, and bear with me if it sounds stupid. If you use the Risk Up option at the AQ gate, does it boost your innate risk to that level, or is it only on a per run basis?

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 04:03 AM
If I'm reading right, it stays if you succeed and drops if you fail, but I'll test it right now in a run.

EvilMag
May 27, 2015, 04:17 AM
I think it boosts the success rate of Modulator so it may very well be worth using over the Ult Souls to make affixes cheaper, but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure right now.

Confirmed that it can. By 10%

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 04:36 AM
Risk saves.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 04:37 AM
Hallelujah.

Rakurai
May 27, 2015, 04:38 AM
I fully expect that the large stone drop rates probably got nerfed so that even at max risk they aren't even better then they were before.

EvilMag
May 27, 2015, 04:40 AM
Also looks like you need just +10 risk for Lv71 enemies.

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 04:59 AM
Furthermore you can buy up to 50 risk in VHAQ as well. Yay, levelling.

Poyonche
May 27, 2015, 05:10 AM
30 caps to get ennemies level 80

Stickboy
May 27, 2015, 05:24 AM
30 caps to get ennemies level 80

for real? 'cuz i just spent 50 caps on it, lol

Dnd
May 27, 2015, 05:28 AM
No, it is 50 assuming you started at 0 risk

so these bosses, we had 3 runs of +50 fc and had 3 triple boosted crys draals, is this an assured thing or we just get very very lucky?

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 05:30 AM
We got lv 3 rare banthers @ 50 risk forest 1 run, doing some more now.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 05:32 AM
Noire Draal lv 3 @ 50 risk here. Just the one sample though, not going in hard yet.

Stickboy
May 27, 2015, 05:45 AM
i just had to pay 40 capsules for 30 risk, lol

Shinamori
May 27, 2015, 05:56 AM
I fully expect that the large stone drop rates probably got nerfed so that even at max risk they aren't even better then they were before.

Large stones always had crappy drop rates to being with.

Maenara
May 27, 2015, 05:58 AM
Apprentice Grudge is up on SWiki.

Potential is TAJAB +14%.
Hunter and Braver equip.
Innate Zanverse.

Kondibon
May 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
Apprentice Grudge is up on SWiki.

Potential is TAJAB +14%.
Hunter and Braver equip.
Innate Zanverse.

Potential is TAJAB +14%.

Innate Zanverse.I will be completely surprised if people don't find a way to abuse this.

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 06:29 AM
Soloing a +50 urban I got a good number of e-caps but hardly any stones of the large or small variety. I believe boosters do affect stone rates but not cap rates?

e: By hardly any I mean I got 0 large stones and about 4 small stones.

Kondibon
May 27, 2015, 06:30 AM
Soloing a +50 urban I got a good number of e-caps but hardly any stones of the large or small variety. I believe boosters do affect stone rates but not cap rates?Boosters affect both in my experience. "Rare" for the rare drop boost seems to just mean 4* or higher.

EDIT: Actually I can just check the jp wiki...

MOAR EDIT: I dunno if it says... ;;

ShinMegamiSensei
May 27, 2015, 06:30 AM
How do you get enough caps to do SHAQ? I always get 8-12 caps for the next run and have to buy caps if i dont reach 10 dropped ones. And here are people paying 30+ for a run . _. I wasnt here for the massive giveaway of capsules they gave.

Kondibon
May 27, 2015, 06:31 AM
How do you get enough caps to do SHAQ? I always get 8-12 caps for the next run and have to buy caps if i dont reach 10 dropped ones. And here are people paying 30+ for a run . _.I got most of mine from doing VHAQs, getting hundreds of the A/B/C caps and converting them.

ShinMegamiSensei
May 27, 2015, 06:33 AM
I got most of mine from doing VHAQs, getting hundreds of the A/B/C caps and converting them.

Oh! Completely forgot we can trade up. =x= Thanks!

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 06:33 AM
Cap rates used to vary wildly for me back when I did SHAQs before. There'd be runs where I'd get like 2 and others where I'd get 20+. I suspect this is still the case, but I'm only one run in at the minute!

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 06:36 AM
Playing with people is the way to get capsules, and optimising your bursts (although RNG still has to be on your side to some degree). It's not too difficult to get 30~40 capsules per run if you know how to burst properly.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 06:47 AM
TAJAB on twin daggers? "Please use something besides Symphonic Drive, pretty please? We worked real hard on those other arts." -Sega

Xaelouse
May 27, 2015, 06:54 AM
Live weapons are 5% per JA, 10% max at lvl3 potential. Not really spectacular

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 06:54 AM
I personally feel like the Live weapons are a waste of time overall. They have a 450 DEX requirement, which requires a waste of SP or mag levels on some race/class combinations, 450 DEX is also pretty high which means they're pretty pointless for levelling (unless, again, you have a lot of DEX for some weird reason) and their latent is mediocre at best really.

I guess they'll be okay to wear on some class combinations but crafting is a thing, after all.

It doesn't help that you can only get one of the Falz weapons from Jig, per account even, which means those weapons might as well go in the trash heap unless you're prepared to hunt for another one. I believe the element on them is random too, although I'll need a confirmation on that.

Also turns out that Apprentice spawns in VHAQ, so there's still no point to do SHAQs as far as I'm concerned (except to possibly hunt 17 PAs outside of UQ/EQ).

EDIT: Lives aren't actually that bad thinking about it, but their allclass property doesn't seem too useful since it's for capped players only really, and there are better choices out there. I would argue they're a good middle ground, but the amount of grinding you have to do for them you might as well hunt something else.
EDIT2: They seem to have nerfed Hatou lol.

red1228
May 27, 2015, 07:12 AM

...Wait, what? Really? I just started playing with Katana Braver again (hadn't really played a whole lot of it outside of TACOs, since the DDoS attacks).

Maenara
May 27, 2015, 07:14 AM
Does XH Ocean of Death have its own 12*?

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 07:17 AM
Hm. Reckon it's still worth shooting for Live Katana for HuBr or is there a better option for that out there that isn't too horrendous to obtain? Taking into account I tend to HuBr for UQs and HuFi elsewhere.

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 07:28 AM

Power notation is the same and nothing in patch notes... I'll test later after eq, but this seems off.

Calamity
May 27, 2015, 07:35 AM
Probably the wrong place to ask but what am I suppose to do with the tweaker after a patch ? Just started playin yesterday

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 08:14 AM
Power notation is the same and nothing in patch notes... I'll test later after eq, but this seems off.
Twitter explosion about it, pretty sure it's true. I'm being told that they reduced the amount of hits it does or something -- it's most likely a bug.

I was gonna test then I realised I had no BR tree so I just logged off to go do real life stuff lol. ・。・

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 08:20 AM
Run of +50 ruins, no stones at all and something like 20 caps (full clears). Either I'm really unlucky or the drop rates on stones are abysmal.

Miles064
May 27, 2015, 08:22 AM
Run of +50 ruins, no stones at all and something like 20 caps (full clears). Either I'm really unlucky or the drop rates on stones are abysmal.

Normal or large stones? Before this update the large ones we pretty rare as it is with the normals being hella common.

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 08:25 AM
Both!

Miles064
May 27, 2015, 08:30 AM
Both!

That...sucks. I swear to talos if segac lowered the drop chance ima be pissed.

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 08:32 AM
At this point I'm willing to accept that my luck has been horrific re: stone drops. Will see how things go after more runs.

e: Yeah 30 smal stones, 0 large and 6 caps on +50 sanctum. Just plain wierd luck then.

e2: 11 caps and 17 small stones (0 large) from Urban there. (related, tripleboosted lv80 Agrani is an absolute arsehole to solo)

LonelyGaruga
May 27, 2015, 09:50 AM
I will be completely surprised if people don't find a way to abuse this.

Nothing really abusable. Charging Zanverse makes you fall, so resets TD Gear. TAJAB doesn't improve Zanverse either (and even if it did, Wind tech potential is 16%).

Since it hasn't been mentioned, Coat Doublis D has the same potential and innate Megiverse. Techer equip, 1000 T-ATK. 450 T-DEF equip requirement.

Ideal are almost as strong on non-bosses with the TAJAB potential active, so might as well just get those.

Bellion
May 27, 2015, 01:12 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDVF9UGnXME[/SPOILER-BOX]

I don't know what to make of it compared to https://youtu.be/D2p9EBsEWuo?t=1m13s I still kill in the same amount of Hatou, but it caps at 6 hits and my damage numbers seem to be slightly less.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2015, 01:20 PM
Twitter explosion about it, pretty sure it's true. I'm being told that they reduced the amount of hits it does or something -- it's most likely a bug.

I was gonna test then I realised I had no BR tree so I just logged off to go do real life stuff lol. ・。・

Still 6 hits in the sweet spot for about its usual damage here...

Haven't tried something large enough to be hit 9 times yet.

edit: damage is in fact the same for each of the six hits. Did my malmoth run again.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 01:34 PM
VHAQ still caps at level 60 right?

I paid 30 caps to get myself to +45 risk and enemies were still 60 orz.

is Risk50 SHAQ better than risk 50 VHAQ for leveling?

TheszNuts
May 27, 2015, 01:44 PM

So does the risk stay after completion like that or resets to 0?

red1228
May 27, 2015, 01:45 PM

vhAQ enemies cap at Lv60.
shAQ enemies cap at Lv80.

So... depends on what level your character is.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 01:57 PM
So does the risk stay after completion like that or resets to 0?

Stays.

vhAQ enemies cap at Lv60.
shAQ enemies cap at Lv80.

So... depends on what level your character is.

garbage i wished they'd at least bump up the VH cap a little.

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 01:59 PM
VHAQ is still far better for levelling, always has been. Do VHAQ City, regardless of level.

Also, it seems that they made risk cap at 50 now... I can't get my risk to go over 50, really annoying.

TheszNuts
May 27, 2015, 02:00 PM
VHAQ is still far better for levelling, always has been. Do VHAQ City, regardless of level.

Also, it seems that they made risk cap at 50 now... I can't get my risk to go over 50, really annoying.

Bumped mentioned the risk cap.

cheapgunner
May 27, 2015, 02:15 PM
Seems stupid to have a risk cap. Should should be able to build ur risk in a run as high as you can make it to be imho.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 02:32 PM

Oh word?

What makes City the best for EXP? I figured that EP1 enemies have the lowest exp gain per kill vs EP2 (quarry,seabed,coast)

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 02:45 PM
Exit burst in Area 2 is laid out perfectly, and Predicahdas count as large enemies so they give a lot of EXP, despite being extremely easy to kill.

During those AQ boost days they did with +200% EXP, it was very easy to go from 45→75 in a day doing VHAQ City.

GHNeko
May 27, 2015, 02:50 PM
Exit burst in Area 2 is laid out perfectly, and Predicahdas count as large enemies so they give a lot of EXP, despite being extremely easy to kill.

During those AQ boost days they did with +200% EXP, it was very easy to go from 45→75 in a day doing VHAQ City.

oh word? that's hype as fuck nigga. thanks for the info.

also exit burst? you mean where they drop a fuck ton of enemies right by the exit to next area? if so, i need to play urban more because i've rarely touched it as is lol.

TheszNuts
May 27, 2015, 03:10 PM
Also Aragni is a huge exp bag on boost days.

Z-0
May 27, 2015, 03:52 PM
I feel like they nerfed cap drop rate in SHAQ this update. Before it wasn't too hard to sustain, but we just had a run where we outright failed the quest due to too many bursts, and I only managed to get like...

20 E capsules.

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/i2QT5/0bb6d689cc.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 04:15 PM
I think the the RNG wasn't on your side that run. I was doing a two person run earlier in Volcano. Got bursts, sure, but two man bursts, lol. Still came out with 18 e caps.

Dnd
May 27, 2015, 04:36 PM
Did a +50 forest with about 9~10 mins of bursts and got 3 caps
the next run without a burst i got 19 caps

If that isnt RNG then i donno what is.

tl;dr - AQ's are working as they always have, but i've noticed im getting tons more large stones, even without rdr in the +50 risks

Raujinn
May 27, 2015, 04:53 PM
I've been without rdr boosts and so far managed to get one large stone in 5 runs.

LonelyGaruga
May 27, 2015, 04:56 PM
I think the the RNG wasn't on your side that run. I was doing a two person run earlier in Volcano. Got bursts, sure, but two man bursts, lol. Still came out with 18 e caps.

Doubt it's just RNG. I've done dozens of solo SHAQs with NPCs trying to get level 17 discs and consistently broke even. Usually got 13-15 caps per run, oftentimes 20+. Did easily 50-60 runs just from that, naturally did at least a hundred other SHAQ runs prior, never saw anything close to such a poor cap profit as the runs we just saw.

On an unrelated topic, level 80 Falz Angel wrecks. 25.8m HP (Dark Falz Loser has 25m at the same level) and spawns with a bunch of other enemies. Got Garongos and PSE Bursts that spawned Garongos. Actually bursted twice while Angel was present.

Of course he dropped junk after wasting a ton of time. But it's OK, we got a parallel area as our reward! 10x Predicahda Nero and 1x Rigshrayda.

Anyone know when Zesh's knees became lock-onable? Because they are now.

Shinamori
May 27, 2015, 05:00 PM

I think the last update or the on before that.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 05:02 PM
Zesh change was maybe...a couple months ago? I remember reading about it in bumped patch notes earlier in the year. It's relatively recent.

Edit: Okay, I found it. It was on April 22. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-4222015/

Flaoc
May 27, 2015, 05:10 PM
On an unrelated topic, level 80 Falz Angel wrecks. 25.8m HP (Dark Falz Loser has 25m at the same level)

wait xh luza only has 25 mil? wouldnt that make it so elder has more hp than luther at 80 (last i read elder had over 30 mil)

and never knew angel had such a ridiculously high hp pool

LonelyGaruga
May 27, 2015, 05:31 PM
Zesh change was maybe...a couple months ago? I remember reading about it in bumped patch notes earlier in the year. It's relatively recent.

Edit: Okay, I found it. It was on April 22. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-4222015/

This?

Relaxed the difficulty for destroying parts on Zeshraider and its rare counterpart. Relaxed the range of their attacks as well.

That's...really vague. Well, if it was fixed that long ago, then I must never have even tried to lock on to its legs in that time span in all the times I fought Zeshrayda (just TPS the knees to knock it down). I only noticed this time from accidentally locking on to its legs while scanning for Predicahda. Probably wouldn't have noticed for a lot longer if it weren't for that. Heh.

Don't suppose you might know when they changed parallel areas to be level 80? I just ran into one a few days before the SHAQ update and it had level 80 Signo Blues and Tranzexias. It was just the Coast Oceanid extermination quest, so quest level had nothing to do with it.

wait xh luza only has 25 mil? wouldnt that make it so elder has more hp than luther at 80 (last i read elder had over 30 mil)

Elder has 33m exactly, yeah. Loser got his HP nerfed in the same update that brought XH Loser, and SH > XH isn't even a doubled increase in HP, but at least XH Loser has new and altered moves, unlike literally every other XH enemy.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2015, 05:40 PM

What?!

Misaki Ki
May 27, 2015, 05:42 PM
It wasn't this update, I remember locking on last update as well.

red1228
May 27, 2015, 05:46 PM
Was atleast two updates ago. I dont know how you all missed this for so long.

Flaoc
May 27, 2015, 05:48 PM

i always tps to nail the legs which is much easier anyway (pso2 lock on system is crap.. never get the lock on u want)

milranduil
May 27, 2015, 05:58 PM
Don't suppose you might know when they changed parallel areas to be level 80? I just ran into one a few days before the SHAQ update and it had level 80 Signo Blues and Tranzexias. It was just the Coast Oceanid extermination quest, so quest level had nothing to do with it.

Apr. 22nd as well.
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/i304g/dd8d3500b2.png
[/spoiler-box]

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 27, 2015, 06:04 PM

Because:

1: minute details in japanese patch notes are easy to miss, especially when they use vague wording like 'relaxed the difficulty in...'
2: after not being able to use lock on against zesh's knees for years, why would I randomly try it now unless I was specifically told I could?

LonelyGaruga
May 27, 2015, 06:13 PM

Because TPS was the most effective way to break the legs, I always fight Zeshrayda in TPS if I want to break the legs (well, more like switching a lot and not always TPS, but yeah), which means no lock on. If I don't want to break the legs, then I just go for the head. As a result, I never had any reason to lock on to its legs.

I can't speak for anyone else though. When I read the patch notes I just thought that they made the parts more fragile, really unhelpful wording.

Apr. 22nd as well.
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/i304g/dd8d3500b2.png
[/spoiler-box]

Man Bumped doesn't even mention this in its patch notes. Figures. Oh well, thanks.

WBMike
May 27, 2015, 06:21 PM
Man Bumped doesn't even mention this in its patch notes. Figures. Oh well, thanks.

Seems this is why.

パラレルエリアに出現するエネミーレベルの調整につきまして、記載が漏れておりました。お詫びして追記させ ていただきます。(2015年4月27日 17:30 追記)

So that was added April 27th, a few days after the update notes were posted on April 22nd.

Xaeris
May 27, 2015, 07:04 PM
The only reason I found it (I read the notes afterward) was because I usually defeat Zesh by applying Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger directly to the forehead. Needless to say, I was a little confused when the lock-on went to its knee.

Punisher106
May 27, 2015, 09:04 PM
Rod: Forest, Volcano, Desert
Talis: Mines, Tundra, Skyscape
Wand: Urban, Ruins, Sanctum

My condolences to anyone who has to go to Sanctum.

Well, shit. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a TON of AQing to get my Psycho Wand...

TaigaUC
May 27, 2015, 10:24 PM
I ran into level 80 rare Meduna parallel area a week ago.
Stuff like parallel always only happens when I'm just running through quests at minimum level to do boss/skill point orders.
Takes forever to kill level 80s as a weak level 50.

Rakurai
May 28, 2015, 02:09 AM
Does Apprentice drop Modulator items in VH?

The prices on those are going to seriously bomb regardless considering how many items she drops compared to clones.

I also actually feel motivated to try affixing units now that you can get decent fodder outside of TD 3 now.

LonelyGaruga
May 28, 2015, 02:20 AM
Yeah, she does. Unique enemy affixes can drop at any difficulty.

Didn't actually know Apprentice dropped stuff with Modulator before. Apprentice Soul + Modulator should be good money.

Flaoc
May 28, 2015, 03:13 AM
Yeah, she does. Unique enemy affixes can drop at any difficulty.

Didn't actually know Apprentice dropped stuff with Modulator before. Apprentice Soul + Modulator should be good money.

im not sure she does... looks like most apprentice modu fodders were made but it was day 1 and if she does drop mod its a very rare affix from her (but amazing if u do get both soul and mod at once if true)

Rakurai
May 28, 2015, 04:18 AM
Wonder if one of the AQs has a better Persona/Apprentice spawn rate.

I know bosses that appear everywhere like Falz Hunar/Angel seem to have better odds in the free fields like Caves and Ocean where only the midbosses of the respective area like Transmizer and Orgblan spawn.

Z-0
May 28, 2015, 04:20 AM
She does not drop modulator, that's still only from clones.

Rakurai
May 28, 2015, 04:24 AM
I'm going to assume someone on the JP wiki misheard her soul boosting Modulator transfer rate as her dropping Modulator, then.

Don't get why they list both her and Persona as dropping Stigma, as well.

LonelyGaruga
May 28, 2015, 11:14 AM
swiki says Apprentice drops Modulator both on her enemy page (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%80%90%E8%8B%A5%E4%BA%BA%E3%80%91%E8% A4%87%E8%A3%BD%E4%BD%93) and the actual page on affixes (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%89%B9%E6%AE%8A%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B%E8% BF%BD%E5%8A%A0), and also mentions Apprentice Soul boosting Modulator affix rates.

On the other hand, looking at the swiki comments on her enemy page, I see this:

モデュレイター付かないよねこれ

Machine: I'm not attached Mode~yureita this

And below it looks like a comment that's saying that the Apprentice Soul + Modulator market made it look like both were dropped at once, so I guess that's it.

As for Stigma, pretty sure they really do drop Stigma.