PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Zondeel, anti-grenade field

Ordy
May 29, 2015, 12:20 PM
I think that shit's been around for quite some time now, but I always wanted to believe that I was doing something wrong or that SEGA couldn't be so retarded, right?

After playing some SHAQ this week, with and without tech users, I'm now convinced that Zondeel is and has always been the biggest gravity/stun grenade cock-blocker.

For people unfamiliar with the skill: Rangers have 2 active skills called Gravity bomb and stun grenade, when using the skill the player can throw grenades and can see the trajectory of the projectile, like this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/i4WPd/c5cf97cb9b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Thanks to SEGA, Zondeel or the grenades have been coded with the wrong collision variables. What does that mean?

When someone is using zondeel, the tech is going to create an invisible 3D wall that's going to block your grenade projectile, if you try to throw the grenade on the zondeel'ed mobs, you'll end up looking like a moron with a grenade landing at your feet (and no PP regen if you have a Tactics Trap build).

To make sure that zondeel was the cause, I asked a Fo in my party to cast a zondeel while I was holding a grenade:

Before zondeel: normal trajectory
During zondeel: fucked up trajectory
After zondeel: trajectory back to normal

So, fellow Rangers, think twice before using your grenades or it's going to blow up straight in your face _(:3 」∠ )_

Maenara
May 29, 2015, 12:26 PM
I always wondered why my grenades would randomly explode at my feet. Thanks for the info.

RadiantLegend
May 29, 2015, 12:30 PM
That explains a lot. Feels less stupid.

landman
May 29, 2015, 12:31 PM
What if you approach the centre of the zondeel and try to throw it there?

Kondibon
May 29, 2015, 12:40 PM
I don't think it's just zondeel. I'm pretty sure I've had the bug happen when I was solo and it usually gets fixed by moving around a little before throwing it instead of just tapping the button. I'm also pretty sure I've thrown grenades into my own zondeels too.

EDIT: Woah no, you're right. I don't ever remember this happening before. It's way different from the bug I usually get.

Perfect Chaos
May 29, 2015, 12:54 PM
This is actually mentioned in the Stun Grenade section in the Ranger skill page on swiki. It's just that few people bother to make an effort to read it (I don't blame those that can't read Japanese, though).

strikerhunter
May 29, 2015, 01:18 PM
Stupid question, but why the fuck would you even throw gravity grenade at zondeeled mobs in the first place? Especially when zondeel is stronger than gravity bomb unless you have tactic trap to get some PP back. It makes no complete sense other than making yourself wait another 15sec.

TaigaUC
May 29, 2015, 01:20 PM
JP friend told me about this a while ago. I was also wondering why my grenades kept detonating early.
Wish they'd fix it.

Stupid question, but why the fuck would you even throw gravity grenade at zondeeled mobs in the first place? Especially when zondeel is stronger than gravity bomb unless you have tactic trap to get some PP back. It makes no complete sense other than making yourself wait another 15sec.

You could buffer in-between Zondeels by timing grenades in-between.
Except, you can't because they will just explode outside of Zondeel's range.

Xaeris
May 29, 2015, 01:21 PM

You answered your own question.

Superia
May 29, 2015, 01:31 PM
Ah, always thought it was just me experiencing some precision lag with odd properties.

Flaoc
May 29, 2015, 03:02 PM
well this explains the blow up stun nades in my hand when im trying to get pp back

deahamlet
May 29, 2015, 03:10 PM
o.O this explains so much about my grenades!

thanx for the info.

Punisher106
May 29, 2015, 05:35 PM
Watch. Forces get ridiculed for using Zondeel. I don't mean to sound like Inazuma, but I've noticed that a lot of english players get super salty over anything, in the game.

Xaelouse
May 29, 2015, 05:40 PM
Hate the game, not the player

Kondibon
May 29, 2015, 09:43 PM
Watch. Forces get ridiculed for using Zondeel. I don't mean to sound like Inazuma, but I've noticed that a lot of english players get super salty over anything, in the game.Zondeel is one of the biggest detriments to the game's depth in its current state so... :wacko:

Xaelouse is right though, hate the game not the player. Which... is what everyone is doing. I don't see anyone complaining about people using zondeel, only that this bug exist.

FacelessRed
May 29, 2015, 10:11 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that's what's been happening.

Cadfael
May 30, 2015, 08:45 AM

Sometimes you're aiming the grenade and a force uses zondeel before you throw it.

sol_trigger
May 30, 2015, 09:21 AM
What if you approach the centre of the zondeel and try to throw it there?

all ships go BOOOM

Korazenn
Jun 1, 2015, 12:21 AM
Explains what was going on when people tried throwing Gravity Bombs into my Zondeels during Wind and Rain 3 and it ended up exploding at their feet. x:

all ships go BOOOM

If it is a Stun Grenade, this. ^
If it is a Gravity Bomb, it will create a black hole that eat away at the very fabric of existence itself. On the flipside, at least there wouldn't be any Darker threat anymore!