PDA

View Full Version : Nepto Cassadora looks like a yu-gi-oh monster for me

Spectal
May 30, 2015, 11:26 PM
Well, when I first met this boss, I instantly think of Lavalval Chain from the Yu-Gi-Oh series . Could it be an intended reference? I don't know, let's discuss.(not sure if this is the correct section)

Sandmind
May 30, 2015, 11:42 PM
(Google said creature) Hey, I can see it a little, but truthfully, you would want to look at the trio of rare talis "duel gazes", and two of them got RA's trap related potential too.

strikerhunter
May 30, 2015, 11:50 PM
No, highly doubt it is a reference to Lavalval Chain. Just a design that so happens to be similar.

GoldGenII
May 30, 2015, 11:53 PM
-Waits for someone to make a totally legit Yu-Gi-Oh! card out of Nepto-

Anduril
May 31, 2015, 01:03 AM
Original series 4Kids! dub version:
http://i.imgur.com/b9Lxj7m.png

GoldGenII
May 31, 2015, 01:07 AM
Ritual summon? That's really old school; I wonder what cards are needed to pull it off.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2015, 01:09 AM
I kinda miss yugioh... if only pendulum summons would go away...

Korazenn
May 31, 2015, 01:26 AM
Original series 4Kids! dub version:
http://i.imgur.com/b9Lxj7m.png

I can definitely see Nepto Cassadora as a Yu-Gi-Oh monster. lol

Let's not forget Knight Gear while we're at it.

MechaTurtle
May 31, 2015, 01:46 AM

Agreed, that's like the worst idea they could've come with.

KazukiQZ
May 31, 2015, 01:52 AM
^What is 'Pendulum Summon' anyway? I only watched anime (full season) as far as YuGiOh 5Ds, and then I can't go on any further in Zexal (not even finished season 1, if it does have multiples) =w=

EvilMag
May 31, 2015, 01:53 AM

and their response is unban previous broken cards to "balance the game". I heard Harpies Feather Duster got unbanned in Japan...

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2015, 02:28 AM
^What is 'Pendulum Summon' anyway? I only watched anime (full season) as far as YuGiOh 5Ds, and then I can't go on any further in Zexal (not even finished season 1, if it does have multiples) =w=

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Summon

In short: they're game-ending rushdowns that can arbitrarily happen.

and their response is unban previous broken cards to "balance the game". I heard Harpies Feather Duster got unbanned in Japan...

Most likely because pendulum monsters in the their zones are treated as spell cards, so yeah... arms race.

strikerhunter
May 31, 2015, 03:39 AM

Basically this:
-Pendulum monsters can be placed in a special zone similar to field spell, they are treated as spell/trap cards while setting the scale (there's 2 zones)
-The number under their diamond represents their scale, blue goes to the left and the lower value while red goes to the right which represents the higher value.
-Once per turn you can Pendulum summon as many monsters as possible from your hand or Extra Deck (Pendulum monsters are sent to the extra deck instead of the graveyard and can be summoned back again) so long as their levels are between the scale values.

Example: Left scale is a 3 and right is an 8, you can Pendulum summon as many monsters from your hand and/or as many Pendulum monsters from the extra deck who's levels are between 4 to 7 (basically 1 above lower scale and 1 under higher scale). And then this where you troll your opponent with a bottomless traphole should they multi-summon 1500+ hitters XD

As for the anime, I recommend skipping Zexal season 1 for I all know was that it was a pile of trash. SpoilerMain character's catch line was dump as hell, the under 1000 LP comeback with cards that works from that range was even more stupider because let's face it the struggle value is lost after the 2nd time that happens, and transformation crap was dumb and not reasonable. From what I heard Season 2 was better but the taste of Season 1 just made me dropped Zexal entirely. The director of 5Ds is directing Arc-V and composer of the OST is the same guy who did Code Gease's OST, so far Arc-V is pretty fun to watch. 1 minute its a fun duel, 5 minutes in it's FKing WWII.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2015, 03:47 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that found zexal cringy as hell, at least early on.

strikerhunter
May 31, 2015, 03:50 AM
Main character's catch line is dumber than Shulk's "I'm really feeling it!"

I cringed every time I heard that, and that was almost every dual/episode.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2015, 05:22 AM

I cringed every time I heard that, and that was almost every dual/episode.

"I'm pop flying" was it? God that was terrible.

Sacrificial
May 31, 2015, 06:59 AM

cursed seal of the forbidden spell or fairy wind. solved.

strikerhunter
May 31, 2015, 02:17 PM
"I'm pop flying" was it? God that was terrible.

It was "I'm feeling the flow"....................

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2015, 03:16 PM
It was "I'm feeling the flow"....................

That kind of stuff never gets translated right on the first go.

Korazenn
Jun 1, 2015, 12:01 AM

B-But...

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!

http://media.tumblr.com/cc0a3919b68bee1673aed870fa50f069/tumblr_inline_ncq4jzdRLq1rvhkho.gif

Are you a kid or a squid? How could you not be feeling it? Is your body not ready?

-----------------------------

To be honest, though, Nintendo has struck gold with the bevy of memes they've created over the past two years alone in my personal opinion. If this was enough of a reason to get me to play as Shulk in Super Smash Bros. 4 which then proceeded to give me a reason why I should get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on my New Nintendo 3DS XL when I already owned it on the Wii, then I think it does its job perfectly for me. It just made me like Shulk as a character that much more. SSB was what got me initially interested in trying out games in the Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus, anyways.

Spectal
Jun 1, 2015, 12:52 PM
Well since both have "fire elements" on them.. so yeah xD
At the same time adding the dark falzes as a whole archetype for yugioh would be cool too! Could be a ritual/ tribute-normal-summon (monarch style) archetype.

Ex:
Level 11 Dark
Dark Falz - Luther
[Winged Beast/Effect]
This card is also always treated as a Fiend type monster.This card's normal summon cannot be negated.This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.This card cannot be banished.Once per turn,during either player's turn, you can activate this effect, you can negate the activation of a card's effect. If your opponent does not activate card effects during your turn, destroy all cards on your opponent's field in their next turn.

sol_trigger
Jun 1, 2015, 08:07 PM
B-But...

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!

http://media.tumblr.com/cc0a3919b68bee1673aed870fa50f069/tumblr_inline_ncq4jzdRLq1rvhkho.gif

wtf is this cg scene from ? i dont remember xenoblade has any cg movie

TwistedShaerk
Jun 1, 2015, 08:31 PM
It's from Shulk's introductory trailer for Smash 4.

Maenara
Jun 1, 2015, 08:35 PM
Well since both have "fire elements" on them.. so yeah xD
At the same time adding the dark falzes as a whole archetype for yugioh would be cool too! Could be a ritual/ tribute-normal-summon (monarch style) archetype.

Ex:
Level 11 Dark
Dark Falz - Luther
[Winged Beast/Effect]
This card is also always treated as a Fiend type monster.This card's normal summon cannot be negated.This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.This card cannot be banished.Once per turn,during either player's turn, you can activate this effect, you can negate the activation of a card's effect. If your opponent does not activate card effects during your turn, destroy all cards on your opponent's field in their next turn.

Level 1 Light
Nyau
[Beast-Warrior/Effect]
This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. You take no damage from battles involving this card. This card cannot attack if you control a Nyau's Sword. When this card attacks, after damage calculation, summon a 'Nyau's Sword' token (Level 1/Light/Warrior/0 ATK/0 DEF) in Defense mode. When a Nyau's Sword you control is destroyed as a result of battle, destroy both this card and the monster that destroyed Nyau's Sword. Then, special summon either one Level 8+ monster, or two level 5~7 monsters, from your hand or deck. During your standby phase, destroy any Nyau's Sword you control.

500 ATK/2000 DEF