PDA

View Full Version : They're doing something to Gwanahda Bits?

EvilMag
Jun 2, 2015, 02:11 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=6195

From what I'm reading Bits will not be dropping anything for the duration of the Max Attack event to prevent people from farming Badges from them. Am I reading that correctly?

LonelyGaruga
Jun 2, 2015, 02:19 PM
Gwanahda Bits won't be dropping anything, but Gwanahda itself will have boosted drop rates to compensate for this. That's what it looks like to me at least.

Well that's strange. Seems like they don't or can't just set Gwanahda Bits to not drop the Badge. It also seems that Gwanahda will have boosted drop rates in general, not just for CO items.

Dammy
Jun 2, 2015, 02:23 PM
sounds fair

Mildora
Jun 2, 2015, 02:40 PM
Didn't even know this was a thing

Asdfv
Jun 2, 2015, 05:48 PM
Sounds like it might be a permanent change, rather than for just the duration of the event.

(post tl for the curious:)
[spoiler-box]About "Gwanahda Bit"s Item Drops

Due to "Weapons Badge: 2015 Bronze" (to be added in the 3rd Anniversary update, "MAXIMUM ATTACK", set for implementation on 2015/06/10 (Wed)) dropping from "Gwanahda Bit" and "Gwanahda Bit Nero", the obtainment quantity of "Weapons Badge: 2015 Bronze" is unfortunately affected. Therefore, on 2015/06/10 (wed), "Gwanahda Bit" and "Gwanahda Bit Nero" will be changed to no longer drop items.

(Currently, "Gwanahda Bit" and "Gwanahda Bit Nero" drop items required by certain client orders.)

Additionally, with regards to this matter, due to the downward revisions, we will be giving upward revisions to the drop rates of the boss enemies, "Gwanahda" and "Gwanahda Nero", and making adjustments to keep the effects of the downward revisions minimal.

We apologize for the inconvenience.[/spoiler-box]

Mattykins
Jun 2, 2015, 06:21 PM
Wait, you mean... they actually test shit before they release it? I call bullshit.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 2, 2015, 08:54 PM
Does it matter? Why would anyone expect drops from those bits anyway?

Xaelouse
Jun 2, 2015, 09:00 PM
well...free gwanada drop buff at least.

TheszNuts
Jun 2, 2015, 09:05 PM
Does it matter? Why would anyone expect drops from those bits anyway?

IIRC capsules/stones currently drop from bits.

Raujinn
Jun 2, 2015, 09:17 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong in this, but I feel like straight running the quest is going to be more effective than farming gwana bits in terms of badges/hour. Gwana bits being able to drop items was always a bit silly, so I haven't got a problem with the fix itself. I'm just a little skeptical about it negatively impacting the event in that way.

Stickboy
Jun 3, 2015, 12:42 AM
gwana itself has shit drop, lol

wefwq
Jun 3, 2015, 01:19 AM
Uh, i been killing those things for like few years already but im never know bits able to drop... item? wut.
so this is.... the power of... ultra, shit luck.... woa.
the more i know, i guess...

Mattykins
Jun 3, 2015, 01:45 AM
Afaik, bits only drop CO/quest specific items and don't actually drop anything on their own. So, if you have a CO that makes an item drop from Darkers, farming gwana bits is pretty handy.

EvilMag
Jun 3, 2015, 01:53 AM
Afaik, bits only drop CO/quest specific items and don't actually drop anything on their own. So, if you have a CO that makes an item drop from Darkers, farming gwana bits is pretty handy.

Used to farm bits for the items you need to unlock the order to unlock the secondary classes. Probably was the best way to do it before Ruins came out.