PDA

View Full Version : Playing from china for 2 months

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 5, 2015, 01:11 PM
So is it possible to play with PSO2 Proxy in China without getting banned?

I'm going to China for to visit grandparents for 2 months and i don't want to miss that limited quest period.

Will they track me and permaban me if i do play from china for just those 2 months.

Z-0
Jun 5, 2015, 01:16 PM
yes u will get rekt

The Walrus
Jun 5, 2015, 01:21 PM
they'll hunt you down bruh

Natsu Nem
Jun 5, 2015, 01:49 PM
Don't even think about it.

A friend of mine got bopped doing the same thing.

wefwq
Jun 5, 2015, 02:11 PM
they'll send hired goon after you

Flaoc
Jun 5, 2015, 02:12 PM
they'll send hired goon after you

that right here but it wont be sega doing it :D

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 6, 2015, 04:19 AM
fucking shit...

so i have to miss all the limited quest shit.

Lax
Jun 6, 2015, 07:09 AM
Do china ban use of the internet?

TheszNuts
Jun 6, 2015, 07:49 AM
Do china ban use of the internet?

They got their entire country banned after they tried to setup a RMT market.

sol_trigger
Jun 6, 2015, 07:51 AM
use japanese VPN > safe

Shinamori
Jun 6, 2015, 07:58 AM
You can use the proxy cap method.

Yamishi
Jun 6, 2015, 11:18 AM
If you use PSO2Proxy (the one in the Tweaker) you should be fine. China is IP-blocked from PSO2, but the PSO2Proxy isn't located in China.

Unless PSO2Proxy also bans Chinese IP addresses, in which case disregard everything I've said.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 6, 2015, 04:51 PM
If you use PSO2Proxy (the one in the Tweaker) you should be fine. China is IP-blocked from PSO2, but the PSO2Proxy isn't located in China.

Unless PSO2Proxy also bans Chinese IP addresses, in which case disregard everything I've said.

i want to look into this^

people are saying i'd still get banned if i play from china for a month and a half even if i'm using PSO2PROXY, but doesnt pso2 proxy work in a way that your IP address gets scrambled and becomes that pso2proxy guy's host IP address?

So i don't understand how PSO2 admins would be able to find out i'm using pso2proxy from china o.O

and just curious, if i'm looking at it from this point of view, shouldn't a lot of guys from china be using this method to still log on from china, but i barely ever see any chineses players anymore.

ShinMegamiSensei
Jun 6, 2015, 05:05 PM
There is also the issue of logging in from drastically different IP locations. Sega can lock your account temporarily until you contact support and let them know it was you and all is fine. Problem is, they don't really bother responding to foreigners.

Maenara
Jun 6, 2015, 06:18 PM
you done fucked son

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 6, 2015, 09:51 PM
There is also the issue of logging in from drastically different IP locations. Sega can lock your account temporarily until you contact support and let them know it was you and all is fine. Problem is, they don't really bother responding to foreigners.

yea i'm curious on how they can tell i looged on from a different IP if i use PSO2proxy? Doesnt the proxy rewrite your IP address or something? so how do they know?

n_n
Jun 6, 2015, 10:13 PM
SEGA won't be able to tell if you're connecting from China.

Yes, there's a small chance you can get 817'd if you play on a VPN... especially if it's a very different IP location than your usual one.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 7, 2015, 10:28 AM
SEGA won't be able to tell if you're connecting from China.

Yes, there's a small chance you can get 817'd if you play on a VPN... especially if it's a very different IP location than your usual one.

Okay i'm going to test it out see if they ask me for that email confirmation if i log on from a different locatoin with different wifi using PSO2proxy.

Yamishi
Jun 7, 2015, 10:45 AM
but doesnt pso2 proxy work in a way that your IP address gets scrambled and becomes that pso2proxy guy's host IP address?

That is exactly correct. During the DDoS fiasco of 2014, I went from my regular IP address, a Putty/Amazon Web Services IP address, the PSO2Proxy IP address, and the IP address of a friend of mine who wasn't blocked in the span of about a week.

Never got an e-mail, never got banned, still playing daily.

and just curious, if i'm looking at it from this point of view, shouldn't a lot of guys from china be using this method to still log on from china, but i barely ever see any chineses players anymore.

This is technically true, Chinese players COULD use proxies to get on. I just suspect the combination of effort and time is too high for those who were just looking to do RMT. I'd imagine if there are legit Chinese players who just want to play PSO2, this is how they do it.

Anduril
Jun 7, 2015, 01:14 PM
If you've been using the proxy since before the trip and you'll be playing from the same PC or laptop, I imagine it should be fine.

GHNeko
Jun 7, 2015, 07:16 PM
yes u will get rekt

http://i.imgur.com/jmN8Mul.gif

if it matters to OP

I play with my own personal PSO2Proxy for the features, but i also play on Vita.

So my IP looks ike it bounces from Japan to America and back again when i go from my PC to my Vita and back.

No issues so far kek.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 7, 2015, 08:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jmN8Mul.gif

if it matters to OP

I play with my own personal PSO2Proxy for the features, but i also play on Vita.

So my IP looks ike it bounces from Japan to America and back again when i go from my PC to my Vita and back.

No issues so far kek.

i'm just affraid that they'll find out i'm playing from china. and you know, the fact that you're playing from CHINA gets you rekt WAY MORE htan if you play from america LOL.

Considering how much sega hates Chinese RMTs

edit: i'll be leaving on the 25th, how much will i actually miss? I really want to go against taht pso1 boss to see what you guys are all nostalgic about LOL

Rain Walker
Jun 7, 2015, 09:28 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/icob4m.png
They wouldn't give a shit as long as you don't hack, exploit, RMT and make suspicious trading in game.

wefwq
Jun 7, 2015, 11:49 PM
You can just use proxy or something, they'll won't ban you just because you're using different computer.
As long as you don't join Chinamen RMT Inc., they won't give a single shit.