PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on the SEA Version of PSO2?

CGPSerpentis
Jun 8, 2015, 12:55 PM
I am new to these forums as you can see, so I must say greetings to everyone here aboard PSO-World! ^^;
My primary question is here, I downloaded the SEA Version of PSO2 as it was already in English and thanks to some FAQs upon this website, managed to now play it with no problem. I am curious however, there aren't too many english speaking players (shouldn't have been suprised there, really) and just curious if anyone on here also plays this version or should I spend some time getting the JP Version instead? :nerd:
I only avoided the JP version because I assumed it was much more difficult to get on the servers. :-?

Shunx
Jun 8, 2015, 01:01 PM
idk aboot u, but getting on the JP version feels easier to me. Only thing you have to deal with really is Capcha.

Ziel
Jun 8, 2015, 01:07 PM
Also content and playerbase-wise you should get to JP before you waste your time in SEA and wait for half the patches/content.

Only blockade of JP is captcha boss after you defeat it its a breeze.

DrCatco
Jun 8, 2015, 02:22 PM
I'm trying the SEA version and the translation is... not the best.

They just got Quarry and access to Matterboard 2-4, and they're using the old skill tree (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/old/06/skillcalc.php). Also (at least in ship 2) the market is pretty much limited, compared with the JP server.

So, as a suggestion, and if you can/want: play some PSO2 SEA. Create your character, save its data, learn the basics (how to feed your mag, classes and subclasses, how to unlock new maps/difficulty levels, how to develop your skilltree), play with all the classes and weapons, until you find your favorite; and when you're ready, make the jump to JP servers. It's a much better experience and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Shadowth117
Jun 8, 2015, 03:55 PM
Most people here play JP PSO2 and for good reason. There is a lot more content out (and lets be honest, this game is pretty sparing on that subject as it is) and its got a much larger player base. The English translation is well done for a fan translation and is supported very well. The Japanese won't mind you either assuming you don't make a fool of yourself.

landman
Jun 8, 2015, 05:10 PM
Go to the JP server just for the fact that you will not need a VPN to play unlike SEA, and everything the SEA server has, the JP server has it translated by the community, and many more. It's not 100% in English, but it is 99% translated.

Selphea
Jun 8, 2015, 05:15 PM
I hear Nazonde and Sakura End are ridiculous on SEA.

seilent
Jun 8, 2015, 06:02 PM
SEA indeed in english, but most ppl still talk using their own language, imo it's better to just play at JP with english patch..

I hear Nazonde and Sakura End are ridiculous on SEA.

very, this come to the point where every FO using nazonde everywhere (even at boxes)

In case anyone wondering how bad it is :
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqETrBGRISc[/SPOILER-BOX]

emeraude
Jun 8, 2015, 08:46 PM
I play both. Have capped on both.

Play JP.

wefwq
Jun 8, 2015, 09:49 PM
Well OP, if you're living on SEA region you may want to stick to SEA server, but if you indeed want "superior version" of the game just hop in to JP.
The stuff that keep outsiders from JP probably registration captcha which you can solve yourself if you're smart enough, and IP blocking which has tons of workaround to bypass.

bilun
Jun 9, 2015, 02:17 AM
>playing at English version- SEA
>there aren't too many english speaking players

lmao

wefwq
Jun 9, 2015, 02:29 AM
>playing at English version- SEA
>there aren't too many english speaking players

lmao
nice meme arrow bud

CoWorker
Jun 9, 2015, 02:39 AM
just stay away as far as possible from SEA... market pricing is very very bad... like prices there has extra ZEROES so expect stuff in millions... also drop rates are terribly bad, people are egotistical assholes, and they kept raving about how they deal more damage than JP people are doing but they will bitch and moan when EP3 hits their faces with the nerfs it has to those OP attacks

seriously... before ep2 in SEA, Gunner is supreme and everyone gets kicked for being Melee and Tech classes, more like Phantasy Gunner Online 2.... but ep2 came with the Guld Milla and S-Roll nerfs they cry their asses off and they're rendered as "Jobless" without Gunner.... well they moved on to "Shame-murai" (seriously... is "Braver" copyrighted or something?) and "YOLO-Nazonde"... im still waiting for nerfs for their river of tears to flow...

TL;DR- SEA is bad

hanekawa
Jun 9, 2015, 04:02 AM
Thing changes with the introduction of SH now... it pretty similar back then when SH was introduced in JP. 10 stars being ez and what not.

Well except PA damage values per hit retains as EP 2 and EP 3 PA power notation lel.
If you ever played through EP 1-3 of JP. It feel actually kinda similar .....

inb4 haters saying SEA just suck plainly without trying.

it's more of like a fast forward pace of server squeezing what JP had for a year to 9 mths in SEA.
Other than the "Money grabbing mindset they have and inconsistent TL " pretty much is fine actually.

As for Market wise.. Inflation.
Enuff said ( JP market was as horrid from ep1-ep2 mass taco and rmt era) :^)

Good or Bad? Well it's up to one to decide after trying it out.

If you want to be able to access up to date content right off the bat. You will be better off at JP imo.

Sea starters will have it bad. Unless you want to work double the effort to get some what "geared with no fashion".

edit: add in my opinion

LunaSolstice
Jun 9, 2015, 12:46 PM
Its kinda funny to hear that the JP server has more English speakers than the English SEA server lol

Z-0
Jun 9, 2015, 12:58 PM
Its kinda funny to hear that the JP server has more English speakers than the English SEA server lol
I don't know if that's true. On the SEA server, the English players go to Ship 1 while everyone else goes to Ship 2 (for the most part).

OP probably went to Ship 2 by accident, because English speakers are everywhere on the SEA server.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jun 9, 2015, 08:52 PM
last time i saw my friend play in SEA server, there are:

1.Bot Players
2.RMT in lobby
3.Awful community(well,my friend's team)
4.Spot Monkeys(pre-nerf gunners)
5.Ridiculous Costume prices

and apparently you gon get hacked if you have too many lambda radieguls in your shop

it gave me a good laugh m8

hanekawa
Jun 9, 2015, 09:04 PM
I don't know if that's true. On the SEA server, the English players go to Ship 1 while everyone else goes to Ship 2 (for the most part).

OP probably went to Ship 2 by accident, because English speakers are everywhere on the SEA server.

Ship 2 has a declining population, compared to ship 1. What you hearsay is actually true.
If you want a ratio comparison, it's actually about 4:1 on Busy / Schedule EQ period

As for why the OP feels alienated and having this kind of impression. Mostly due to the players speaking in their native language 1/2 the time. (tagalong, "Singlish", and combination of languages). ¯\(O_O)/¯

On the English speakers everywhere point. Technically in Sea every one is able to chat using English. Well..... some of them are pretty broken.... still understandable, I guess?

CGPSerpentis
Jun 10, 2015, 01:04 PM
Sorry, didn't get a chance to respond back, work and was sick the past two days. :(
I'll download the JP and give it a shot just to compare the two simply because it sounds the JP is a much superior version to the SEA from what I've gathered so far. I did go to ship 2 on SEA so that may be why.
Just really two more questions, is there anything special you have to do to login to JP version? (VPN change, etc.)
Is there a specific Block/Ship I should focus on upon getting the game set up?

Sandmind
Jun 10, 2015, 03:49 PM
If you can view the official JP pso2 page, then you will not need a VPN.

Otherwise, on this forum, most english speaker are on ship2. It's not the only ship with english speaker, but it tend to have more.

CGPSerpentis
Jun 11, 2015, 01:31 AM
Understood, thanks to you all for all the support!