PDA

View Full Version : ★10 weapon drops in Base Defense nerfed

kurokyosuke
Jun 10, 2015, 08:38 AM
Discuss.

the_importer_
Jun 10, 2015, 08:40 AM
You sure you boost simply didn't finish before the crystal broke? Sometimes, the yellow boost icon stays above your meters, but the time in your stats is up, don't know why it does that.

kurokyosuke
Jun 10, 2015, 08:48 AM
You sure you boost simply didn't finish before the crystal broke? Sometimes, the yellow boost icon stays above your meters, but the time in your stats is up, don't know why it does that.

I had 30 minutes of +250% boost left after the first run, and 14 after the second. Pretty damn sure.

Shinamori
Jun 10, 2015, 08:54 AM
It's RNG. Sometimes I'd get 20 10☆ in 3 runs. Other times I'd get 10.

Maenara
Jun 10, 2015, 09:00 AM
Base Defense is definitely not the place Sega would start if they were going to nerf 10* drops.

Mildora
Jun 10, 2015, 09:08 AM
Mining base wasn't nerfed, check the patch notes.

Raujinn
Jun 10, 2015, 09:13 AM
The idea that they'd nerf this over Magatsu is still funny as fuck though. Partly because it'd be well within the realms of believable, somehow.

Bellion
Jun 10, 2015, 09:17 AM
Well, they took out lock on Persona's head and it wasn't in the patch notes!

Cyber Meteor
Jun 10, 2015, 09:32 AM
Well, they took out lock on Persona's head and it wasn't in the patch notes!

The LQ has the Double saber version of Persona which was never head lockable in first place, only the Sword version can be head locked

red1228
Jun 10, 2015, 09:34 AM
I feel like it's drop rates were nerfed some time ago (not in this last update). I remember when I could get ten -to- fifteen 10* weapons from two runs. Nowadays, I struggle to get more than five, with 380% Rare Drop Rate & three runs.

Bellion
Jun 10, 2015, 09:53 AM
The LQ has the Double saber version of Persona which was never head lockable in first place, only the Sword version can be head locked

Oh? I didn't even notice it was the DS version.

TaigaUC
Jun 10, 2015, 02:57 PM
The drops are crappier if the multi sucks and fails to defend towers (ie. low rank).

kurokyosuke
Jun 11, 2015, 01:07 PM
After thinking about it for a bit, I think I understand why I felt there was a nerf. It's not so much the quest, as it is the enemies. The ★10 items that aren't dropping as frequently as before are all the stuff that Goldrardas drop. Hell, I've barely seen any Nega Photons in all of the Mining Base runs I've done in past couple days. And I think the reason behind this nerf is the Limited Time Quest.
Sega posted before that they'd remove the loot that Guwanarda Bits would drop since it would affect badge drops, and edited the drop table for Guwa himself accordingly. Goldrardas spawn in the LTQ. They normally drop shitloads of ★10 equipment like candy, even without rare boosts. I believe Sega may have altered their tables as well, considering this.

pkemr4
Jun 11, 2015, 01:29 PM
i get more units than 10*s for some TD1 runs with 250%

Achelousaurus
Jun 12, 2015, 05:49 AM
Discuss.
Just cause the rng didn't favor you doesn't mean there was a change in the patch.

Z-0
Jun 12, 2015, 10:59 AM
There definitely wasn't a nerf. I've done two TD1s since maint, one gave me 41 cubes, another gave me 35.

Seems fine to me.

kurokyosuke
Jun 13, 2015, 02:55 AM
I've been playing this game almost every day since beta. Naturally, I've also been playing since Base1 first came out. As long as I had at least 2 runs, all were S, and I used a +250% rare boost, I never, NEVER, got anything less than 12 Excubes. After the patch, with only 2 S runs and a +250% rare boost (at least with Base1; haven't had the chance to run the others), I'd be lucky to get 10 Excubes. This has been consistent since the update; it's not a one time thing. Don't give me bullshit about RNG when this never happened to me for a whole year and a half until now.

I suppose it doesn't actually matter since, if you want Excubes, you only need to run Magatsu to easily get 60+, even with PUGs. However, the simple fact that the drop table is different for me for a single quest (as far as I know) is annoying the shit out of me. I barely run UQs at all (in fact, I only run Lili UQ a couple times after every Magatsu I can attend, and this only started a couple weeks after the 2nd phase update), yet I managed to pick up a Slave weapon yesterday, so I know my luck isn't terrible, either.