PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with these people?

Spectal
Jun 11, 2015, 02:41 AM
Nowadays, I have met several people that leaves a MPA for no reason.This usually causes the run not be able to go smoothly (ex. driving in the rain 3, Luther) These people frustrate me greatly because we're not be able to complete the run/gain good exp or rares because of them.

There's this 1 day, where Luther EQ is going on, we've got like 10 players in the MPA (fair enough). However, there seems to be a FO or TE or a BO to help mirage the clock. Then for some reason, in the middle of the fight, everyone seems to left the MPA and only left 5 people including me. Of course we failed the fight then.

I've seen these kind of people more frequent nowadays.

Also, could this be the reason why the japanese hate us foreigners? (beside shittalking)

Note:I've been playing with my team members, which doesn't help at all.

Espri
Jun 11, 2015, 02:45 AM
Also, could this be the reason why the japanese hate us foreigners? (beside shittalking)

Pretty sure that's just because a lot of western players tend to be bad at the game. It's not totally unjustified, either.

As for people leaving, it's usually because they think the run's going to be a waste of time. I do it myself sometimes (missing the first binding on magatsu pugs, four darker towers going off at the same time in td3, wb wars etc).

Evangelion X.XX
Jun 11, 2015, 03:06 AM
Number 1 reason why I think a lot of people bail out of EQs is because, perhaps, they have multiple characters that they want to run and therefore don't want to waste any time (this happens quite a bit with Luther from my experience); this includes if they see no WBers, less a 12/12 MPA, a lot of English players' names, etc.

Edit: Other reasons? I dunno, maybe they're just cowards...

strikerhunter
Jun 11, 2015, 03:43 AM
I haven't been seeing this lately, but there was a time though.

-Lack of Wb or WB war with a nut head (yes there are those accidental missed placed shots but then there are those idiots who intentionally does it)
-Poor MPA damage, which means longer EQ runs such as Luther, TD2, and TD3.
-Poor EQ knowledge, ex: Laser towers being allowed to be formed, barriers used on bosses, smacking luther arms instead of exposed clock, etc.
-Majority of MPA being poorly geared.

There are more reasons but these are the only ones I can think of atm.

I've seen these kind of people more frequent nowadays.
And there's bound to be more since reaching to cap these days are really easy.

No, there are more reasons. I've also seen JP players doing this before but not as common as foreign players.

emeraude
Jun 11, 2015, 05:34 AM
risk (time spent) vs reward.

If an XH Magatsu ends up in 2nd ice vomit stage it's not worth finishing.

A bad XHTD3 MPA can run 28mins on a C-Rank (if you actually clear) with the same MPA for the 2nd run. Compare this with quitting said bad MPA five minutes in and getting into a good MPA with two 20 min S-rank runs afterwards. What if you're on boosters then? You'd probably pick the latter. I would pick the latter. I don't have much time to play and I'd rather be efficient with it.

I think it's a result of people levelling too quickly and not knowing what to do during EQ (I mean breaking Luther's clock on SH- should be common knowledge) or how to gear up/play efficiently in general.

Miles064
Jun 11, 2015, 06:04 AM
I feel its less leveling too quick and more that the game is piss easy till you get to xh eqs. The speed would honestly be fine if you actually had to work a little for it. Everything from normal to sh drops fast if even a little effort is put in. Makes the jump from sh to xh seem quite large.

That and the "hard" stuff in this game are random so you cant really get any practice without ruining someones run. Some people can pick up on things quickly. Some can not. They need to make the rest of the game harder or do something with this eq system or this is never going to go away.

On a side note xh needs to not rely on wb so much. Mostly Magatsu and luther.

Sora3100
Jun 11, 2015, 06:22 AM
Does this happen often in ship 2 or something?

NightfallG
Jun 11, 2015, 06:29 AM
Leavers are common as fuck on Ship 2.

E: Also, anyone can be a complete terrible joke at this game. It's not just restricted to westerners.

Gama
Jun 11, 2015, 09:23 AM
i think you need to start doing EQ's with friends.

random mpas are always full of assholes.

Alenoir
Jun 11, 2015, 10:23 AM
smacking luther arms instead of exposed clock

To be honest, that really depends on the difficulty. On XH, you actually need to break both his arms (and the core that gets exposed afterward) before you can even start damaging the opened clock.

@TC: People quit the quest because something doesn't go as how they want it to go. It may not always be the case, but most of the time, it's because the MPA is crap. For example, if you're playing RA during XH Magatsu, you better damn well know where to WB and save your bullets, not aim a random face, unload all 4 bullets at once, then pretend you didn't just do the stupidest thing on earth.

TaigaUC
Jun 11, 2015, 10:25 AM
I see both EN and JP people leaving all sorts of runs like that.
Luther is very popular for people to leave early. Izanai too.

What to do? Complain to SEGA whenever their Enquete comes by (once a year).
I already made some suggestions to the EQ system but I doubt they will fix it.

reaper527
Jun 11, 2015, 11:48 AM
On a side note xh needs to not rely on wb so much. Mostly Magatsu and luther.

i'm not sure there is a good solution to this unfortunately. if you give stuff less hp so parties aren't so reliant on wb, that means stuff will die way too quick when there is wb. you could nerf wb, but that isn't exactly something that qualifies as a good solution.

i'd be happy with sega fixing their awful targeting system so that wb wasn't such a pain in the ass to put in the right places. is it so much to ask for to be able to lock onto something in free aim mode or have a toggle that doesn't just toggle between the same two (wrong) targets? hit boxes that worked better would be nice too.

Spectal
Jun 11, 2015, 11:55 AM
ah i see, thanks guys, for the inputs

Miles064
Jun 11, 2015, 12:05 PM
i'm not sure there is a good solution to this unfortunately. if you give stuff less hp so parties aren't so reliant on wb, that means stuff will die way too quick when there is wb. you could nerf wb, but that isn't exactly something that qualifies as a good solution.

i'd be happy with sega fixing their awful targeting system so that wb wasn't such a pain in the ass to put in the right places. is it so much to ask for to be able to lock onto something in free aim mode or have a toggle that doesn't just toggle between the same two (wrong) targets? hit boxes that worked better would be nice too.

I agree. Runs falling apart becuase of of lack of a RA is kind of dumb though. I really can't say I know how to fix this but hp on mag seems set with wb in mind. I guess they could lower damage across the board too. Or they could remove the cheese from the bosses to. They are just large mobs at this point.

Spectal
Jun 11, 2015, 12:17 PM
But can u actually join luther again if you left before he got killed?

AlphaBlob
Jun 11, 2015, 01:00 PM
When people fail to break the clock on Luther, instant leave, I'm sorry...

Frankincense
Jun 11, 2015, 01:03 PM
And unless they ditch super early or they're the only ones to go, they're likely to end up with the same people again anyway as the whole MPA falls apart and tries again fresh.

I mean, I understand the risk vs. reward thing, but it's a little ridiculous when it prevents you from getting a single full run of TD in or has you waiting 20 minutes for an MPA to fill up on a phase 2. (Not typically how it goes, but it has happened.)
And the worst part is that there's not much of a solution. I'd like to hear possible solutions people have in mind, though.

I think the things mentioned so far have had a hand in this problem, too.
-Newcomers leveling too quickly and not actually learning how to play so it's like having a lv10 newbie in XH (west and east alike, in my experience)
-Western players generally being bad at the game or stupid with their gear (it being difficult or impossible to get top-of-the-line gear isn't an excuse-- crafting exists for a reason and it's more than good enough in the right hands), leading to immediate distrust in western-looking names

Best way to "deal" with it is to pretty much do the best you can on gear (people do snoop through the MPA's gear to determine how a run will go, and crafted garbage is sparkling bronze where uncrafted garbage is just garbage) and keep an eye on the MPA size. One person dropping might be a D/C, two is cause for concern, three is jump ship.

It's amusing though that so many ship2 players can be less tolerant or patient than various players on the shared ship for CM. (Though there's plenty of people who run like hell at the first sign of non-Japanese there, too.)

Great Pan
Jun 11, 2015, 08:16 PM
Not worth playing with PUGs, especially foreigners.

I, myself, likes to leech with JP players. Much worth it.

Amazing Ampharos
Jun 12, 2015, 05:39 AM
This drives me crazy. I am the kind of guy who likes a challenge so I don't even mind being in a relatively weak group (as long as the group is good enough to clear it at all, which almost any group is), and even if I weren't, it seems very obvious to me that quitting is a foolish decision. If your current group is bad, your new group is likely to contain many of the same bad players. Even if it weren't, you waste so much of your limited EQ time per each "attempt" to get a good group that you're almost always going to get fewer total runs if you quit-fish for good groups instead of just stick with whatever you happen to roll. I don't really think it's fixable in any way but Sega changing how the game works to make it more obviously punishing to quit, but it certainly is annoying and certainly doesn't feel good to have my time wasted by these people...

Achelousaurus
Jun 12, 2015, 05:42 AM
When people fail to break the clock on Luther, instant leave, I'm sorry...
I'm not >_>
I used to be but playing too much with people that have shit gear and can barely kill a rappy in 12 minutes made me bitter.
I am tired of carrying real hard cause most of the mpa is just leeching off a handful decent players.

And I do blame sega as well. In eqs like luther/magatsu/td or ult you need WB. So when I see there is no ranger I leave instantly.
The game shouldn't rely so very much on a single skill of a single class usable with a single weapon. But it does so we have to oblige >_>

Though what's far more confusing and what really pisses me off is people leaving mobkill eqs. You know like chrome eq or fang banther.
If they start early they end early but this happens far too much to think everyone coincidentally only has 2-3 minutes of timer left when I join the mpa.

Especially makes no sense for eqs like volcanic gorillas that have a timer, but do not actually end when it's done. People leave that in droves 2-3 minutes after eq time is over as well. Despite codes and bosses still spawning frequently.

Halikus
Jun 12, 2015, 07:50 AM
But can u actually join luther again if you left before he got killed?

Yes you can, you can even save the fight for a later EQ if you wished. The apos flag only clears once Luther dies.

A lot of my friends have been saying for over a year that the flag needs to clear as soon as you enter the game to prevent this shit occuring. Sure you loose out if you disconnect but it will prevent most of the leavers. That or preferably have a 30 min cooldown to accept the quest again if you do leave and make it account wide. That will sort all this shit out in one fell swoop. If you don't like the random pt you get, tough shit no eq for you.

the_importer_
Jun 12, 2015, 09:55 AM
If it would be up to me, their would be a list of shame posted in the game for people who bail out too many times.

First battle with Magatsu last night, we started 12 and before Magatsu turned the corner, 4 already left, bunch of assholes. Another eventually left, so we were 7 to fight Magatsu and you know what, we did it before it got to the 2nd door, which is about the norm on my ship.

So fuck these pretentious, self-centered assholes with no sense of honor and team work.

kgrc199913
Jun 12, 2015, 10:03 AM
about Magatsu
my friend told me that if the mpa cant break the knee after 30s => bad MPA => should left

the_importer_
Jun 12, 2015, 10:05 AM
about Magatsu
my friend told me that if the mpa cant break the knee after 30s => bad MPA => should left

Euh, it take about 10 seconds just to be able to attack when the mission starts.

kgrc199913
Jun 12, 2015, 10:09 AM
actually, a strong mpa can destroy 2 knees in 30s ;;;w;;;
they often left because they want better mpa

the_importer_
Jun 12, 2015, 10:23 AM
actually, a strong mpa can destroy 2 knees in 30s ;;;w;;;
they often left because they want better mpa

Not saying that it should take 5 minutes either, but 30 seconds including the long start time is pushing it. Usually takes the average MPA on my ship about 1 minutes. It's their lost anyway, their arrogance probably cost them a round or 2 of Magatsu at some point.

Gama
Jun 12, 2015, 10:26 AM
i still think that organizing mpas for emergency quests is usually the best way to go, then you wont have to worry about people you know leaving mid quest and stuff.

ive been lucky but it happens mostly on tower defense, not so much on magatsu or loser, imo anyway

Miles064
Jun 12, 2015, 10:35 AM
i still think that organizing mpas for emergency quests is usually the best way to go, then you wont have to worry about people you know leaving mid quest and stuff.

ive been lucky but it happens mostly on tower defense, not so much on magatsu or loser, imo anyway

It would be nice if 11 other people I knew were on during eqs.

the_importer_
Jun 12, 2015, 10:43 AM
It would be nice if 11 other people I knew were one during eqs.

Time Zones :p

Spectal
Jun 12, 2015, 01:03 PM
Actually I think that if people leave cause they want to look for a better mpa, they will actually lose more time for doing that and cost them a round or 2 of the eq.

Sigh, kinda reminds me of my friend whose not willing to try things out because he's afraid of "wasting" his time. I feel bad for him tbh, he just won't listen to me..