PDA

View Full Version : Best Xie Weapons?

SlN
Jun 12, 2015, 03:49 PM
What you guys think the best Xie weapons are, best or worst?

Sure we all know they arnt the greatest, but they are better than nothing.

sadly im disappointed with the knucks being only 3% damage and 10% pp but oh well.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 12, 2015, 05:16 PM
"Best"? In what sense?

They're all the worst 13*s available to go with how accessible, and average they are in every situation (wands sucking the hardest of all).

Comparing weapons of different categories is akin to comparing apples and celery.

wahahaha
Jun 12, 2015, 05:25 PM
No 13 star is good
In fact, 13 stars killed the game.

Flaoc
Jun 12, 2015, 05:52 PM
"Best"? In what sense?

They're all the worst 13*s available to go with how accessible, and average they are in every situation (wands sucking the hardest of all).

Comparing weapons of different categories is akin to comparing apples and celery.

more or less what xie weapons are the best compared to each other

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 12, 2015, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't say that.

They're a new step in the arms race, yeah.

They make most other EQs, etc pointless to do for drops to use/not immediately turn into excubes, sure.

Sad truth is, people wouldn't have much to do if we didn't have them. It's not until fairly recently we got more accessible 12*s that could actually outpace 11*s provided max element, and even then, just barely. Endgame would still be 11* weapon visophone warriors without 13*s, instead of doing something like CM.

Selphea
Jun 12, 2015, 05:56 PM
I was feeling a Xie Gunslash actually. Thrillerplode and Add Bullet are serious PP guzzlers, and I use Gunslash for mobs more than bosses.

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 12, 2015, 07:11 PM
Get the double saber since it's one of them with the 6% damage latent and it looks sexy.

Radical Dreamer
Jun 12, 2015, 08:03 PM
I was feeling a Xie Gunslash actually. Thrillerplode and Add Bullet are serious PP guzzlers, and I use Gunslash for mobs more than bosses.

I've been thinking about getting the Gunslash, but I hate how big Sega made the "stock." Seriously, the thing clips right through your head every time you shoot. Bleh.

Get the double saber since it's one of them with the 6% damage latent and it looks sexy.

I agree. It looks even better when it's sheathed on your back.

kuromechan
Jun 12, 2015, 08:24 PM
Dual Blade for me

ZynischQ
Jun 12, 2015, 08:25 PM
I'll be getting the rod, if only because it's one of the few weapons without that logo plastered somewhere on it.

Flaoc
Jun 12, 2015, 08:43 PM
already got the launcher.. purple fireworks everywhere

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 12, 2015, 09:47 PM
sword bruh.

Z-0
Jun 12, 2015, 09:55 PM
Assuming welfare (therefore 3rd anniversary vs Ideal vs Everything Else that is not a 13*), here's what I think:

3rd Anniversary:

- Sword
- Gunslash
- Launcher

Ideal:

- Knuckles
- Daggers
- Rifle
- Bow
- TMG

Other:

- Partizan (Limit Break)
- Wired Lance (Limit Break)
- Double Saber (Meteor Cudgel)
- Katana (Limit Break)
- Dual Blade (Limit Break)
- Rod (Elemental Rods)
- Talis (Elemental Talis)
- Jet Boots (Limit Break)

Wands are a bit odd. Ideal/3rd anniversary are weaker at teching than 11* wands with appropriate latents from what I've seen (although if this is not true, let me know), but the 13*s are stronger at smacking.

For Rod/Talis, the elemental rods are pretty much the same strength (if not stronger), and a hell of a lot cheaper overall. You'll need either Ares, Slave or Evil Rod to overpower them.

For some of the things which aren't recommended to get a 13* for, if you're still planning to get a Partizan for your HuFi or DB for your BoHu, weigh up whether the weapon is either mostly a mobbing weapon or a bossing weapon, then get either 3rd anniversary or Ideal respectively. Since both of these 13* weapon series are guaranteed if you play enough, there's no reason not to consider them against each other.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 12, 2015, 11:28 PM
Assuming welfare (therefore 3rd anniversary vs Ideal vs Everything Else that is not a 13*), here's what I think:

3rd Anniversary:

- Sword
- Gunslash
- Launcher

Ideal:

- Knuckles
- Daggers
- Rifle
- Bow
- TMG

Other:

- Partizan (Limit Break)
- Wired Lance (Limit Break)
- Double Saber (Meteor Cudgel)
- Katana (Limit Break)
- Dual Blade (Limit Break)
- Rod (Elemental Rods)
- Talis (Elemental Talis)
- Jet Boots (Limit Break)

Sometimes, it's hard to not say 'nerf limit break'.

Xaelouse
Jun 12, 2015, 11:37 PM
It's not even bad, plus that list isn't factoring times outside LB, or people that dont like playing FI (there's surprisingly a lot)

stardustreverie
Jun 13, 2015, 03:34 AM
Sword looks the best. I'm getting it for sure.

Raujinn
Jun 13, 2015, 05:21 AM
Going for sword. After that I'm basically weighin up if I want to get the Partizan or not (I have a crafted Gungnata that seems to do the job well enough and a 38% Slave sitting around and as pointed out, Ideal is my best option for bossing).

Could just see how many gold badges I have by the end of the event and get an off-class weapon or something to boost one of my alts.

TheAstarion
Jun 13, 2015, 08:21 AM
As a serial main-HU crafter it's difficult to want any of the 13*s based on their class restrictions. Now if they continue this trend of more than one effect on a potential (the Sakura-Night 13s and Maga2 evil-series 12s) then they might bring out a mini HP steal with mini perfect keeper pot, and that would be worth using.

As it stands... I'm probably going to aim for the talis for my alt just because it looks fantastic for a talis and will outstrip any of my rods in terms of raw t-atk. Regardless of the potential it ends up having, a 10% pp sustain or 6% blanket damage boost would both be welcome. Had no luck with the few (fewer than 200) Angas I've faced, LQ has slain UQ for now so there's nobody running for slavestones, and I hate hate hate the first few stages of cmode... so these are my only hope for now!

silo1991
Jun 13, 2015, 10:25 AM
launcher for me i always use that weapon for the minions , also how the potential works , i do 6%extra damage if my PP is in 10% . right ?

Scale of Judgment
Jun 13, 2015, 10:31 AM
launcher for me i always use that weapon for the minions , also how the potential works , i do 6%extra damage if my PP is in 10% . right ?

You do 6% more damage and reduction on PP usage.

Edit: I'm going for Masamune because There aren't enough Sephiroths in game XD

Miles064
Jun 13, 2015, 10:41 AM
I'm not even sure I want one at this point. The lq is boring as hell and these 13 stars are the worst of the lot. Grinding them is a pain and I guess they wont beat out an 11 star unless I get it to 60%(really getting tired of this)? But....that sword looks hella cool though.....

Z-0
Jun 13, 2015, 10:43 AM
All of melee/ranged beat out anything below it (except under Limit Break). Only reason not to get them is because the Ideal is better for whatever weapon type, or you'd rather spend the time getting Ares (which is better for sure).

Lostbob117
Jun 13, 2015, 11:50 AM
10% reduce PP, and Power increase by 3% for: Sword, Partizan, Daggers, Knuckles, Rifle, Bullet Bow, Rod, Talis, and Jet boots

6% reduce PP, and Power increase by 6% for: Wired Lance, Double Saber, Gunslash, Katana, Dual Blades, Luancher, Twin Mechguns, and Wand.

Shinamori
Jun 13, 2015, 01:08 PM
6% increase isn't THAT bad on a wand. Certainly no Ares or Ideal

LonelyGaruga
Jun 13, 2015, 01:32 PM
Pretty sure it only applies to PAs and techs.

Poyonche
Jun 13, 2015, 01:35 PM

I know it is Sega we're talking about but, they aren't that dumb right ?

Shinamori
Jun 13, 2015, 01:46 PM

That's shits whack, yo.

Saagonsa
Jun 13, 2015, 01:55 PM

Looking at it the description of the potential, it only mentions PAs and techs in the portion talking about pp consumption, then goes on to talk about power. So it seems like its saying its unconditional?

At least that's what it looks like and that's what some JP people have said as well.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 13, 2015, 02:47 PM
Far as I can tell, it says "when using a PA or tech, PP consumption is reduced by x%, damage is increased by x%". Going off the swiki comments on the wand page, people are talking about how it's awful for Te/Hu but good for Te/Fo and Te/Br, so...yeah.

Element applies to the S-ATK bonus from Wand Reactor anyway, so it's actually worse for wands than for the other weapon categories regardless of whether the potential applies to normals or not.

Espri
Jun 13, 2015, 07:02 PM
Comparison between crafted pristine, scorpio and lq launcher? Trying to see if it's worth the effort.

Selphea
Jun 13, 2015, 07:06 PM
All of melee/ranged beat out anything below it (except under Limit Break).

11* Blocker Bredd is better than Xie TMG actually: http://4rt.info/psod/?pGPNm

Now I feel like checking Moment Gale JB and Pirikanet vs Xie...

Edit: http://4rt.info/psod/?oUrbG Pirikanet and Leone are better too!

Flaoc
Jun 13, 2015, 07:06 PM
Comparison between crafted pristine, scorpio and lq launcher? Trying to see if it's worth the effort.

at 30 ele its like having red scorpios potential active at all times ( 13* ) 60 even more so

Espri
Jun 13, 2015, 10:22 PM
at 30 ele its like having red scorpios potential active at all times ( 13* ) 60 even more so

Before element is factored:
Red scorpio has 1109 ratk at +10 no affix
LQ launcher has 1321 at +10 no affix

Black heart means scorpio has 1421 ratk.

????

Selphea
Jun 13, 2015, 10:24 PM
50 attribute vs 60.

Espri
Jun 13, 2015, 10:38 PM
He said "at 30 ele" so yeah.

Flaoc
Jun 13, 2015, 10:48 PM
He said "at 30 ele" so yeah.

well yea my actual raw damage is doing whatever scorp did (assuming scorps potential was active) its certainly an improvement to scorp in my case anyway

but if u want the details on max ele vs max ele

red scorpio 50 ele

2063 bh

lq launcher 60 ele (and 30 i guess)
2113 (60 ele) 1717(30 ele)
6% potential

strange how im hitting scorps damage with my launcher though... did ele take affixes into consideration.. something i never knew until now

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 14, 2015, 01:48 PM
word.

Achelousaurus
Jun 14, 2015, 02:09 PM
So, I guess I'll just get them to +10 so I got something better that ancient 11* for the time being.
The choice in elements also makes me skip a whole lot of them.

I really don't want wind knuckles.
This would never happen if sega stopped being lazy and added a super simple element choice window to the menu.
But that would probably be about 1.5 man hours including playtesting and all and who the fuck has this kind of time?

SlN
Jun 14, 2015, 04:34 PM
Wind could potentially be the next UQs weakness, seeing as how Griffon was weak to lightning and wind.

ZynischQ
Jun 14, 2015, 04:44 PM
Wind could potentially be the next UQs weakness, seeing as how Griffon was weak to lightning and wind.

I doubt they'd do that considering amduscia ult is confirmed to have bird darkers.

Doubling up on weaknesses doesn't seem like the best idea.

Achelousaurus
Jun 14, 2015, 05:41 PM
I hate ult =/
The clusterfuck is causing me headaches.

milranduil
Jun 14, 2015, 05:45 PM
So, I guess I'll just get them to +10 so I got something better that ancient 11* for the time being.
The choice in elements also makes me skip a whole lot of them.

I really don't want wind knuckles.
This would never happen if sega stopped being lazy and added a super simple element choice window to the menu.
But that would probably be about 1.5 man hours including playtesting and all and who the fuck has this kind of time?

You realize element means almost nothing for melee/ranged when it doesn't have ancient oath right? The damage difference is on the order of 2-5% if you match element at best.

Achelousaurus
Jun 15, 2015, 09:41 AM
Yes, but it's annoying me.
I know the damage isn't much of a difference but this random element distribution is yet another case where sega is disappointing me.