PDA

View Full Version : Help me build my character!

SStrikerR
Jun 12, 2015, 05:02 PM
Hey there everyone. I have a character I made way back when the game first opened, but I've only played very sparingly since then. Right now he's a level 28 Hunter, with Fighter as a subclass(?). I could be wrong, I'll check on that in a little bit. My Mag is level 31 or 32, all I've done so far is feed it low level striking weapons. Basically, since the game has started I've done very little in the way of customizing my character, because I don't know too much about what's good and what isn't, and I don't want to mess up something relatively permanent.

Anyway, I prefer melee fighting. Looking at the weapon choices available, I think I would prefer to be using Hunter or Fighter weaponry. So between those, what's best, and what subclass should I pick? i want to be effective solo, but I also want to be able to hop into parties with higher level content and be effective.

So as far as I know, I'm looking for:

Class/subclass
Skill tree
Equipment
Photon Arts
Item customization
Mag

Anything else?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 12, 2015, 05:05 PM
You forgot costumes, and accessories.

Anyway, people only do Hu/Fi if they intend on using swords. Otherwise, you're better of using Fi/Hu for Fi's mainclass skills.

Poyonche
Jun 12, 2015, 05:07 PM
FI is the universal main class while HU is the universal subclass (Selphia's guide copyright).

I have no time to give you a skill tree though, sorry. But usually, you want a pure S-atk mag

TheAstarion
Jun 14, 2015, 01:11 PM
Ok, seems you're gravitating towards a striking style. we now have two pure, two semi, and one minor striking class.

Hunter : You know this one. Big weapons swung faster than they should be but overall a slower class. Fury stance and JA bonuses make it effective as a main or sub, and defensive options such as flash guard or iron will give some staying power. As a main class, it gains access to 13* hunter weapons, if those happen to be your favourites, hunter gear boost, and Warbrave, my personal favourite of all main class abilities despite being frowned on by most other players.

Fighter : You know this too but maybe not since the overhaul. Limit Break is regarded as one of the most powerful abilities not because of its 20% damage bonus but because it activates so many other things at the same time and stacks with anything else you might have running. Limit Break is an extremely high risk for moderate reward, but if that reward is the straw that breaks the camel's back then it turns out to be a very worthwhile skill to function around. Limit Break is, again, main class only. Fighter weapons, again, you've seen before... many got boosted either with episode 3 or last week.

Since you're leaning towards those two, I'll keep the following brief.

Braver : Katana katana katana, and lots of it. Swiss army weapon. Most often used these days by either FIBR for those who have a problem with their intestines, or BRHU for the defensive safety net and no need to worry about directional positioning.

Bouncer : Blades as a sub, boots or blades as a main thanks to switch strike. My main character hasn't left Bouncer alone since it was released. Both weapons are versatile and AFAIK the current highest DPS is rapid fire dual wielding spellblade, a FF5-inspired combo of FIBO limit break and using blade fever with tech cancelling to shorten animation time between attacks, racking up insane damage in a short time and generally making numbers come up and bosses fall down. I'm told by people with similar stats to me that boots are good, but I can't get into them.

Techer : Not so much a black sheep of melee as a goat with an afro. TEBR is the only true hybrid build in the game right now, but the only reason this is here is because if you love, for instance, HU weapons, have one that's relevant and all-class, and don't care for main class skills, then running TEHU can make a lot of people in your MPA very happy as you supply Main Class Techer buffs, Techer zondeel, and then go contributing similar damage to a HUFI or HUBR with your Hunter weapons.

Find out one class's weapons and build around it. When in doubt, main FI, sub HU, or both for maximum damage output from yourself. For solo play consider a weapon with the Vampiric Blade or Lunar Eclipse potential as even though they don't deal increased damage like most of the favoured potentials, they heal you. And your DPS drops to zero while dead. Just don't go building a purely defensive character, if you don't deal damage you're not helping and will be labelled a parasite by JP players.

Here's a sample of trees, not perfect, but looking at a FI, BR or TE main... http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10dAbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm da0fdodBIbl2IniNjJkJksNI20000006dodAI2bndAboGKGKIF HsIndAIo00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000006dBdAf GDrBqxGFqBsNIk7n000006dBqBkIGAdF6sNHSHxdB00000jdoG B4NJfbrArFbsjGK000006 - Flat stat ups taken on BR and BO tree just to spend points on a relevant stat; when there's a multiplier you can use always go for that instead.

As for your mag... any dex levels can be wiped off eventually, but for now consider feeding 4* furniture or 1* healing items to it to keep dex from levelling. Dex is widely regarded as a lemon stat as most weapons of 7* or greater have a damage garterbelt that functions like having high dex.

The reason I've not told you "go knuckles all day every day" is because one person may like one thing while another really hates it. If you cannot be comfortable playing your character there's little reason to continue down that road. But again, choose what you like in moderation; always sub around your main, don't just pick two classes like RA & BO and expect them to work perfectly together.