PDA

View Full Version : NA PSO2 lol

MegaMettaurX
Jun 15, 2015, 10:42 PM
I hope no one is still waiting for that to happen. Shenmue 3 being announced before PSO2 NA was completed is a very clear indication they have no intention of releasing it here and probably never did.

Xaelouse
Jun 15, 2015, 10:44 PM
Does Sega even have a part in this? The director seriously had to beg on the E3 stage to give him kickstarter money

EvilMag
Jun 15, 2015, 10:48 PM
I heard somewhere that Sony pressured Sega to let the director make it.

Sad thing is that's the only shot PSO2 ever has at getting an NA release. if Sony pressured them to do it since it is on Vita but since they pretty much gave up on the Vita outside of Japan, it ain't happening.

ACDC
Jun 15, 2015, 10:58 PM
I don't know anyone who is still waiting for NA PSO2

I know plenty of people who are hype for Shenmue 3 though

MegaMettaurX
Jun 15, 2015, 11:28 PM
I met someone on facebook the other day who was still on the fence about NA PSO2, and told him why he should stop and just play the japanese one.

Squal_FFVIII
Jun 16, 2015, 12:14 AM
Wow people are STILL FUCKING waiting for the US version of this??? My god....some people really are just plain stupid >.<;

Also, Shenmue FTW! I was very surprised at that :O

yoshiblue
Jun 16, 2015, 12:18 AM
Would probably be better if they ported Nova (Final Mix Edition) to consoles in the US at this point.

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 02:14 AM
Kinda sad that a former rival company needs to pressure SEGA before they even consider doing something everyone wants.

They're probably looking at the kickstarter amount and kicking themselves right now.

Squal_FFVIII
Jun 17, 2015, 02:16 AM
Haha we in there :D

Pretty much at 3M now <3

Xaelouse
Jun 17, 2015, 02:28 AM
psssht and nobody thought FFVII was ever going to get a remake.

we did, it was just a matter of when S-E will lose enough money to resort to making it

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 02:41 AM
Same. I always expected Squenix to make it eventually.

Maybe if it does well they'll remake stuff I care more about, like Chrono Trigger.

Nyansan
Jun 17, 2015, 02:54 AM
we did, it was just a matter of when S-E will lose enough money to resort to making it

IMO it's more of a 'buy-a-PS4' if SE decides to make the remake a PS4 exclusive, or as a failsafe incase FFXV bombs hard after that 10+ year hype.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2015, 03:11 AM

This.

Almost anything FF7 related is their money stimpack; they know full well how much money nostalgia is worth, and overusing it creates diminishing returns.

Also, I like how the creator of castlevania: sotn has millions in kickstarter support for bloodstained likely off of his name and nostalgia as well.

IMO it's more of a 'buy-a-PS4' if SE decides to make the remake a PS4 exclusive, or as a failsafe incase FFXV bombs hard after that 10+ year hype.

Pretty sure I heard it'll be pisspoor exclusive 'at first', or 'for now'. Whichever phrase they used.

landman
Jun 17, 2015, 07:53 AM
Kinda sad that a former rival company needs to pressure SEGA before they even consider doing something everyone wants.

They're probably looking at the kickstarter amount and kicking themselves right now.
Shenmue 3 will be considered a succes when it's released and it's a sales success. Whatever money the game gets from kickstarter will still be a tiny amount compared to the money Sony will have to put in the project (if the game is at least as big as Shenmue 2), money they may not get back, which is why Sega was never going to fund it.

But having FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 on E3, games that will not see the light in at least 2,5 years, was a great move by Sony, no doubt.

sol_trigger
Jun 17, 2015, 09:18 AM
in b4 castlevania got ~8m usd fund on kickstarter (5m+ kickstarter and 2m+ on paypal)

castlevania OP

the_importer_
Jun 17, 2015, 09:48 AM
Would probably be better if they ported Nova (Final Mix Edition) to consoles in the US at this point.

Pretty much this

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 10:04 AM
What was the reason they dropped Shenmue after 2? I don't even remember.
I assumed it was because they thought nobody cared enough about it to warrant a sequel.

the_importer_
Jun 17, 2015, 10:13 AM
What was the reason they dropped Shenmue after 2? I don't even remember.
I assumed it was because they thought nobody cared enough about it to warrant a sequel.

Expensive to produced, the Dreamcast died and the few people who had an original XBOX only cared about Halo. If Shenmue 2 would have been ported to the PS2 instead, perhaps it would have continued.

Dammy
Jun 17, 2015, 10:15 AM
Expensive to produced, the Dreamcast died and the few people who had an original XBOX only cared about Halo. If Shenmue 2 would have been ported to the PS2 instead, perhaps it would have continued.

this.

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 10:43 AM
Thanks. I completely forgot that they ported 2 to Xbox.
I imported the JP limited edition 1 and 2 for Dreamcast, ended up feeling disappointed both times.
But I'd still like to know where the hell the story was going.

LunaSolstice
Jun 17, 2015, 10:55 AM
I have a feeling that if PSO2 came to NA,it would probably be published by Aeria Games then gg RIP PSO2 unless Sega publishes it themselves here.

I'd be upset if it got picked up by trashy publishers in NA.

Misaki Ki
Jun 17, 2015, 04:20 PM
I enjoyed Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. A few scenes stuck with me, which is pretty impressive given how long it has been.

There were actually a lot of interesting Japanese titles for the original Xbox, but like said, not a whole lot played/bought them.

Shinamori
Jun 17, 2015, 04:41 PM
Pretty much this

Be better if they ported to the PC.

the_importer_
Jun 17, 2015, 05:31 PM
Be better if they ported to the PC.

Why, cause you don't have a Vita :p

landman
Jun 18, 2015, 12:21 AM
I have a Vita and I'd still prefer it on PC.

the_importer_
Jun 18, 2015, 08:58 AM
I have a Vita and I'd still prefer it on PC.

If we ever get it, we'll take what we can get.

Reyva
Jun 18, 2015, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if it did come. People were saying the same crap about Blade & Soul and its finally coming. Never say never is all even if it does look like they won't bring it. If they did bring it, it get the same reception as B&S.

"Oh gee, this game is coming out now? Would of been great if it came out in 2012. Not bothering."

Anyways, slightly entertained by this post since its been a while.

Miles064
Jun 18, 2015, 05:37 PM
Really no point in a NA pso2 at this point. The jp version might as well be cross region with the en patch. That and we wouldn't want another psu would we?

Cadfael
Jun 18, 2015, 09:14 PM
At this point, who would give up three years of effort and all their shiny 12* and 13* weapons to play the NA version?

Shadowth117
Jun 19, 2015, 12:14 AM
At this point, who would give up three years of effort and all their shiny 12* and 13* weapons to play the NA version?

It'd be one thing if they started very close to JP server, but that's about as likely as gunner being buffed soon I'd say. If they offered account transfer, I wouldn't even hesitate in such a situation. As it is though, I can't fathom why anyone might want to transfer to something that's probably 3 years behind if it comes out.

Flaoc
Jun 19, 2015, 01:15 AM
It'd be one thing if they started very close to JP server, but that's about as likely as gunner being buffed soon I'd say. If they offered account transfer, I wouldn't even hesitate in such a situation. As it is though, I can't fathom why anyone might want to transfer to something that's probably 3 years behind if it comes out.

i wouldnt even transfer if that was the case we all know the jp version will end up with more content anyway (looks at psu and even PSOBB)

Shadowth117
Jun 19, 2015, 02:35 AM
i wouldnt even transfer if that was the case we all know the jp version will end up with more content anyway (looks at psu and even PSOBB)

That's an improper comparison given what I stated. Neither of the two faced what I described. Both were well under way and PSU in particular really got a bunch of flak since numerous distinct areas and such were left out of the game. Given what the management said of the game in the end of its days, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see something very different happen if the game ever came out here.

I do agree its more likely to be shit based on past experience though. If it weren't way up there in updates when it started and wasn't guaranteed updates relatively close to what was given here, that'd be different for me.

But yeah, I think I made it pretty clear how much I expect that to happen as well.

landman
Jun 19, 2015, 03:05 AM
There's people that play with 6+ different characters in the JP server, and there's people that have those characters on different versions of the game. IF the west server ever happens, I want to know what's cooking there, that doesn't mean I'll stop playing the JP server, I will just have a different character in a different place with a different community.

Zheneration
Jun 21, 2015, 07:39 AM
By now I think most people would already forget about PSO2 and settle with Destiny(lol).

Dammy
Jun 21, 2015, 08:17 AM
if there ever will be pso2 NA i would stay away from it
not because updates coming late or me being billionaire at jp server, but because of community

isCasted
Jun 21, 2015, 09:44 AM
if there ever will be pso2 NA i would stay away from it
not because updates coming late or me being billionaire at jp server, but because of community

Everyone's going to frustrate over every failed Luther because everyone "plays for fun", amirite?

wefwq
Jun 21, 2015, 07:34 PM
Everyone's going to frustrate over every failed Luther because everyone "plays for fun", amirite?
Actually, its true though.
Im telling you that yesterday i try to run doritos for once after couple of month the last time i running the quest.
The quest filled with FUN folks who dont bother gearing up themself.
Vibra set but ungrinded at all, A couple of techer who dont bring weapon at all and cast tech with bare hands all the time, and the takbir guy who do suicide dive with using dagger all the time.
After dorios explode his nuke and only 2 other guy survive, i left the quest out of depression.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 21, 2015, 11:47 PM
Actually, its true though.
Im telling you that yesterday i try to run doritos for once after couple of month the last time i running the quest.
The quest filled with FUN folks who dont bother gearing up themself.
Vibra set but ungrinded at all, A couple of techer who dont bring weapon at all and cast tech with bare hands all the time, and the takbir guy who do suicide dive with using dagger all the time.
After dorios explode his nuke and only 2 other guy survive, i left the quest out of depression.

fun? in my MMO? Not allowed.

Flaoc
Jun 21, 2015, 11:49 PM
http://www.learntocounter.com/i-play-for-fun-the-four-dumbest-words-in-video-games/

THIS

MegaMettaurX
Jun 22, 2015, 02:12 AM
I thought that was a real link lmao