PDA

View Full Version : Arks Player Report is up

Lostbob117
Jun 17, 2015, 12:16 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/

Player Statistics[spoiler-box]
Player Height and Breast Size Statistics
[spoiler-box]
http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/image/img_03.png[/spoiler-box]
Race/Gender/Class Statistics
[spoiler-box]
http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/image/img_01.png[/spoiler-box]
Class Level Population
[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/image/img_02.png[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Support Partner Statistics[spoiler-box]
Race/Gender/Class Statistics
[spoiler-box]
http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/supportpartner/image/img_01.png[/spoiler-box]
Class Level Population
[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/supportpartner/image/img_02.png[/spoiler-box]
Personality
[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/supportpartner/image/img_03.png[/spoiler-box]
Most Popular Client Orders
[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/supportpartner/image/img_04.png[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Photon Arts/Techniques Statistics[spoiler-box]
Most Popular Photon Arts
[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/pa/image/img_01.png[/spoiler-box]
Most Popular Techniques
[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/pa/image/img_02.png[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Title Statistics[spoiler-box]
Number of Titles Cleared[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/achievements/image/img_01.png[/spoiler-box]
Most Used Titles[spoiler-box]http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/achievements/image/img_02.png[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

New Update: http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/quest/

New New Update: Weapon! http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/weapon/

New New New Update: Last part http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/extra/room/

Sanguine2009
Jun 17, 2015, 12:25 AM
zondeel is not even in the top 3 for common lighting techs.... thats depressing.

Rakurai
Jun 17, 2015, 12:26 AM
Do they have last year's results saved somewhere?

Would be interesting to see how things have changed since then.

Anduril
Jun 17, 2015, 12:28 AM
Damn, Newms dipped down another .4%. Level spread is horribly skewed towards lv75, though that is understandable considering how many of the Ep.3 changes facilitated faster leveling. Also, interesting that the spread of percentage of breast size flipped with larger breasts becoming more common than smaller. Most other things are still similar from last year, though it is interesting to see that Braver is still the most popular class, if only by a fraction of a percent.

1st Anniversary Report (http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/report/)
2nd Anniversary Report (http://pso2.jp/players/event/2nd_anniversary/report/player/)

Rakurai
Jun 17, 2015, 12:33 AM
Wonder if the costume selection is what causes the shifts in chest size.

Anduril
Jun 17, 2015, 12:36 AM
Wonder if the costume selection is what causes the shifts in chest size.
Considering stuff like Luna Prophecy came out this year, and the abundance of Free Makeover Passes we've gotten, I wouldn't be surprised.

Lostbob117
Jun 17, 2015, 12:37 AM
Updated the op with some stuff. I'm not 100% sure what the rest of it is.

Anduril
Jun 17, 2015, 12:40 AM
Updated the op with some stuff. I'm not 100% sure what the rest of it is.
I think the second tab is Support Partners, and the last one is titles, most likely.

Lostbob117
Jun 17, 2015, 12:42 AM
I think the second tab is Support Partners, and the last one is titles, most likely.

Right, they have that in the url.

.Melody.
Jun 17, 2015, 12:45 AM
zondeel is not even in the top 3 for common lighting techs.... thats depressing.

you're so cute <3

Kondibon
Jun 17, 2015, 12:52 AM
Lol at support techs winning in every element except lightning.

you're so cute <3
Actually it is pretty interesting considering zondeel is useful for pretty much any class that can cast techs regardless of their build. I imagine the others are there because of element switching bouncers and elder though.

KazukiQZ
Jun 17, 2015, 01:18 AM
Zondeel's not even in top three for Lightning section? This is BS o_O

Xaeris
Jun 17, 2015, 01:18 AM
I'm sure Katori and Saga are having one of their amusing exchanges, but Google Translate doesn't quite capture it.

Most of the PA results are unsurprising. Only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is that Chaos Riser didn't beat Illusion Rave. At least Million Storm didn't win bows this time.

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 02:30 AM
Probably because majority of the population are 75 and most people are fuxing around in Ultimate, where Zondeel is useless.

I still rarely see people using Zondeel outside of Ultimate, though. But then again, I don't do much outside of Izanai, Oceanid EQ, Magatsu.
I'm probably the only Bouncer that uses Zondeel. Every other Bouncer I've seen just uses Moment Gale or Disperse Shrike.

I'm surprised there are so many Bravers. I haven't been seeing many.

Last page is all titles stuff. Number of titles people have, most used titles.
The most used title is of course the Challenge M10 clear title, followed by Lili!, Rookie and then "BOKU TO SHOUBU SURU NYAU!"

Lostbob117
Jun 17, 2015, 03:14 AM
Probably because majority of the population are 75 and most people are fuxing around in Ultimate, where Zondeel is useless.

I still rarely see people using Zondeel outside of Ultimate, though. But then again, I don't do much outside of Izanai, Oceanid EQ, Magatsu.
I'm probably the only Bouncer that uses Zondeel. Every other Bouncer I've seen just uses Moment Gale or Disperse Shrike.

The most used title is of course the Challenge M10 clear title, followed by Lili!, Rookie and then "BOKU TO SHOUBU SURU NYAU!"

Alright updated

Only got 2 ???s left in the support partner stuff. I have a vague idea what the 2nd ??? is.

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 03:24 AM
Personality and client orders. They had those last time too.
Client orders are still the same as last time. Quartz Dragon Fangs and Kresshida's 37k EXP thing.

Kayarine
Jun 17, 2015, 03:25 AM
The first ??? is support partner personality (default personality not included.) The second ??? is the most popular COs for support partners, yes.

Edit: Ninja'd. (´・ω・`)

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 03:35 AM
Hmm. Didn't notice default wasn't included.
Would've liked to have seen the percentages for that, considering so many are at level 1.
Ha ha ha.

Lostbob117
Jun 17, 2015, 03:37 AM
Cool, thanks. Finished it up.

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 03:46 AM
Good job.

Mattykins
Jun 17, 2015, 04:07 AM
How is Gunner not the least popular class. Looks like it's beat out by, I think that's Techer? Te's not exactly a glamorous class, but I figured it'd beat out Gu, at least. At least Te knows what it wants to be.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2015, 04:18 AM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/974/456/36c.gif

wefwq
Jun 17, 2015, 04:33 AM
How do i into breast size, they should put semi-detailed character measurement on character creator/esthe!

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 05:00 AM
I always seem to see a lot of people playing Gunner for some reason.
I bet it's just because everyone loves Gun Kata.

Achelousaurus
Jun 17, 2015, 05:17 AM
Yeah, just thought the same. Especially cause for every other element with one, its support tech is no1.

Zondeel's not even in top three for Lightning section? This is BS o_O
This is PSO2.
._.

Actually most people do EQs. And most EQs benefit greatly from lots of Zondeel. But not like people can be assed.
In the rare cases I play as zondeeal capable class, people rarely even bother to focus on zondeeled enemies and still prefer to pick off enemies one by one.

On a side note, most people really don't get the game. So very many forces as support partners and so very few techers.

Lostbob117
Jun 17, 2015, 05:19 AM
Gunner is kind of fun. Makes sense why people would still play it.

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2015, 06:27 AM
I still don't feel synergy from the Gunner PAs. Well, I was never much of a gun fan anyway.
If I use guns it's because I like aiming and hitting targets from a distance, which is pretty much the opposite of Twin Guns.

One thing I do enjoy is the massive damage from Chain Trigger.
If I recall correctly, I got a ~3.6m finish on Magatsu the other day.

ultimafia
Jun 17, 2015, 09:29 AM
Can anyone upload them to Imgur? Im still blocked from pso2.jp.

Punisher106
Jun 17, 2015, 09:45 AM
I'm a bit shocked that Zondeel isn't the top lightning tech, too. I religiously pair that with Gifoie and Ramegid when I'm doing runs. That's my primary mobbing combo.

Also, what are the title and CO translations?

the_importer_
Jun 17, 2015, 09:46 AM
Breast Size Statistics...

http://wiiuandmii.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Japan-oh-you.png

D-Inferno
Jun 17, 2015, 11:44 AM
I wonder if the reason Zondeel didn't rank is because this recorded only ignited Zondeels...

LunaSolstice
Jun 17, 2015, 01:11 PM
I'm surprised that the OP Satellite Cannon PA didn't make the list for Assault Rifles somehow lol

Or is this calculated by PAs being used per second?

Z-0
Jun 17, 2015, 01:25 PM
Did you just say this unironically?

It may be weaker than outside of Ultimate, but it's still the best damn tech in Ultimate. You must be playing with shitty FOs if you think Zondeel if useless in Ultimate, because it makes it 10x faster.

Terrence
Jun 17, 2015, 01:50 PM
Player Height and Breast Size Statistics
:nono: At this rate, we'll have penis length and vagina depth next time. Holy shit, who cares about those slutty statistics ?
I'm really sad the TEchter is the last one. He deserved a better fate... Anyway, thanks for the information Lostbob117.

Zyrusticae
Jun 17, 2015, 03:04 PM
:nono: At this rate, we'll have penis length and vagina depth next time. Holy shit, who cares about those slutty statistics ?
Wow, hahahahahaha. What? I can't even parse this... "slutty statistics"? Huh? And how in the world are genitals anywhere close to being the same as breasts, which, I might add, are not even remotely sexual to begin with (aside from male brains MAKING them so)?

You can guess at a woman's breast size at a glance. It's a big part of how someone is perceived aesthetically (and of course, women with larger breasts automatically receive more 'slut shaming' because having big boobs is a sign of infidelity or some shit - seriously, this is dumb). It's interesting to see how people design their characters with that in mind, especially since the topic of 'what size is best' tends to be extremely polarized.

It's especially relevant because it can be nice information for other game devs to know that a wide range is preferred, as opposed to every female character being forced to have idealized Cs and up. Too bad a lot of them don't seem to be getting the message, grumble grumble.

Now, yes, it IS silly that people tend to fixate so damn much on this one part of the human anatomy, but that's patriarchy for you. Unless you can undo the last several millenia of human history and change the course of fate, this is just something you're going to have to put up with, because it's here, and it's ubiquitous. :-?

Schubalts
Jun 17, 2015, 03:04 PM

Breast size and player height have been in every player report, untwist your knickers.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 17, 2015, 03:07 PM
I'm really sad the TEchter is the last one. He deserved a better fate... Anyway, thanks for the information Lostbob117.

All this slut talk is pretty dumb for someone whose team icon looks like a sperm cell.

btw, Techer is a class, not a male individual.

AFKei
Jun 17, 2015, 03:13 PM
Megiverse most used Dark tech? ...interesting.

Also that big ol spike on the level spread amuses me for some reason. You just have that even plateau of levels and then BOOM EVERYONE IS AT THE CAP

Also, I think the big boob population went up from last report. There's also a surprisingly low count of DFC. (though SZ is like... the cusp from A to B???)

Zorua
Jun 17, 2015, 03:20 PM
Forget genital sliders! When are we getting butt sliders?

Z-0
Jun 17, 2015, 04:27 PM
As soon as someone claims patriarchy, they lose all credibility.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2015, 06:27 PM

Wow dude, really?

Selphea
Jun 17, 2015, 06:45 PM
Maybe this was recorded during a Maggy EQ run? Awful lot of Rangers and no reason to use Zondeel on Maggy.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 17, 2015, 06:50 PM
The record accounts for the entirety of April. Says so right underneath the tabs on the website.

Thing is, the surveys always showcase that the majority of players are clueless. Best off ignoring the PA/tech usage stats.

RibbonSoft
Jun 17, 2015, 07:20 PM

Seconded.

Xaeris
Jun 17, 2015, 07:34 PM
Silly people being silly aside, I'm honestly interested by the breast results this time around. I remember them being evenly spread across the board last time, or the time before that. I'm wondering what the trigger for this migration to larger oppai could be. I doubt PSO2's playerbase has grown enough that the new players could skew the results like that, even if they all went Eiken issue, so it's probably more to do with people using the free salon passes to make changes. Why though? Regret? To fit better into newer outfits? I can come up with a couple guesses, but I don't have enough info to confidently decide on any of them.

Fascinating.

Edit: Did I say evenly spread? I misremembered. The smaller sizes used to actually hold a commanding majority over the larger ones: http://pso2.jp/players/event/2nd_anniversary/report/player/

It basically flip flopped. Damn, now I'm really curious.

Mattykins
Jun 17, 2015, 08:13 PM
All the lolis hit puberty

Zorua
Jun 18, 2015, 01:31 AM
We're at our bustiest, while we have more lolis. That's creepy.

SEGA advertising their breast slider was a bad idea...

Zyrusticae
Jun 18, 2015, 01:42 AM
As soon as someone claims patriarchy, they lose all credibility.
Dohoho. Please forgive me if I fail to see any other reason for people to give a shit about the tumorous growths on womens' chests.

In a perfect world, DFC would be the ideal, not gigantic overstuffed balloons swinging around with unnatural viscosity. I'm not even speaking aesthetically - just from a purely pragmatic perspective, there is zero reason to have bigger breasts (and yes, that includes breastfeeding).

The fact that the breast augmentation industry is even a thing should tell you all you need to know. Absolutely disgusting. I die a little inside every time I see another example of a poor woman who doesn't know any better submitting herself for invasive cosmetic surgery just to please teh menz. It's enough to make me hurl.

Gross, gross, all so fucking gross.

Even worse is how fucking ubiquitous oversized boobs are on fictional female characters, with most of them unsurprisingly designed by men. That shit gets to me, man. I cringe in sympathy-pain every time I imagine how much shit those fictional ladies would have had to go through if they were actually real. Thank goodness they're not. Still dumb to see, especially when fighting ladies cannot actually function with such massive mammaries, let alone when they're as unsupported as they usually are in those absurdly sexualized costumes.

All of it is shit. Utter shit. You're shit. I'm shit! EVERYTHING IS SHIT! BURN IT ALL DOWN!! :argh:

RibbonSoft
Jun 18, 2015, 02:07 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Dohoho. Please forgive me if I fail to see any other reason for people to give a shit about the tumorous growths on womens' chests.

In a perfect world, DFC would be the ideal, not gigantic overstuffed balloons swinging around with unnatural viscosity. I'm not even speaking aesthetically - just from a purely pragmatic perspective, there is zero reason to have bigger breasts (and yes, that includes breastfeeding).

The fact that the breast augmentation industry is even a thing should tell you all you need to know. Absolutely disgusting. I die a little inside every time I see another example of a poor woman who doesn't know any better submitting herself for invasive cosmetic surgery just to please teh menz. It's enough to make me hurl.

Even worse is how fucking ubiquitous oversized boobs are on fictional female characters, with most of them unsurprisingly designed by men. That shit gets to me, man. I cringe in sympathy-pain every time I imagine how much shit those fictional ladies would have had to go through if they were actually real. Thank goodness they're not. Still dumb to see, especially when fighting ladies cannot actually function with such massive mammaries, let alone when they're as unsupported as they usually are in those absurdly sexualized costumes.

All of it is shit. Utter shit. You're shit. I'm shit! EVERYTHING IS SHIT! BURN IT ALL DOWN!! :argh:[/SPOILER-BOX]

lol! I actually agree with all of your points. I just don't understand the obsession most men have with huge boobs. As a man myself, I prefer at the most an A-cup. Anything bigger is a turnoff to me and I find them quite gross. Hence all my female characters that I create (in PSO or other games) have small boobs when given the option. Not because of loli though; I can't stand loli. I just find a woman quite attractive when they have curves on their lower half: hips, bubble butt and long, strong, shapely legs.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2015, 02:20 AM
It basically flip flopped. Damn, now I'm really curious.

Same, holy crap.

Dohoho. Please forgive me if I fail to see any other reason for people to give a shit about the tumorous growths on womens' chests.

In a perfect world, DFC would be the ideal

*Urbandictionarys DFC*

Oh...

not gigantic overstuffed balloons swinging around with unnatural viscosity. I'm not even speaking aesthetically - just from a purely pragmatic perspective, there is zero reason to have bigger breasts (and yes, that includes breastfeeding).

All of it is shit. Utter shit. You're shit. I'm shit! EVERYTHING IS SHIT! BURN IT ALL DOWN!! :argh:

http://i.imgur.com/rA9Yhkt.gif

I just find a woman quite attractive when they have curves on their lower half: hips, bubble butt and long, strong, shapely legs.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/IntermineLaboratories/Liquid.png

LonelyGaruga
Jun 18, 2015, 03:14 AM
This is just hilarious. "I hate big boobs but I love big butts", seriously? Is there somehow something wrong with finding an entire woman's body attractive? No matter what shape it is? It's really not that hard. Girls are cute. Everything about them is pretty cute. Isn't that all that matters aesthetically? Why is it that some people must hate on large chests like they're a bad thing? More importantly, a lot of girls naturally develop to have large chests. They can't help how their body develops. So why are people criticizing these things? I never understood fandom flame wars (why not like both franchises?), and I certainly don't understand how a person can love one body part but hate the other, even though they're both body parts on the same person.

Now I'm not saying preferences are bad or shouldn't exist. I'd go into detail on my own as an example but that's not what this is about. I'm saying that hating is bad. People can't help how their bodies look, nor should they be judged or stereotyped based on their bodies. That's just idiotic and sexist.

But I say that people can't help how their bodies look in an age where surgery can change a person radically, so let me rephrase that. People can't help how they naturally look. If a girl naturally develops large chests, is she a slut for doing so? Hardly. If a woman has surgery to enlarge her chest, is she a slut for doing so? Hardly. Maybe they just want to appeal to their specific partner better. Maybe they feel inadequate about their bodies. Maybe they want a very particular look for themselves. To be honest, I don't even care, and I don't think anyone should pry into a person's personal choices unless they actually know the person. The events and personal experiences that led them to make that choice are completely unknown to total strangers just reading about something a person did. Every single case is different, there is no one singular cause.

Now if we were talking strictly within the realms of fiction (and video games in particular), absolutely, I think the large chest thing is absurd. But honestly, I think most media in general completely fails to capture what makes the female body beautiful in the first place. Unrealistic jiggle physics and poses aren't men objectifying women to look sexy, they're objectifying them and failing to make them look sexy in the process. And this happens because of incompetence. Although for jiggle physics I'd rather chalk that up to badly handled physics engines, but that isn't always true.

But my point is, there's a clear line between trying to be sexy and what actually succeeds. Just because something is intended to be sexy doesn't mean the target audience is going to find it sexy. Guys have varied preferences. Hell, it's not even all about the NSFW stuff, but the general assumption is that all guys like the same thing. And that's not true. That's just a fabrication of media telling people what to think. Because it's easier that way.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2015, 03:24 AM
This is just hilarious. "I hate big boobs but I love big butts"

I like both. i just feel like thighs are underrated.

Achelousaurus
Jun 18, 2015, 03:36 AM
Gunner is kind of fun. Makes sense why people would still play it.
Yeah.
One of the many things I hate Sega for is nerfing GuHU mobbing into oblivion.
I do however appreciate that chain is now spammable, so at least gu bossing doesn't rely on one hit every 90 seconds anymore.

I wonder if the reason Zondeel didn't rank is because this recorded only ignited Zondeels...
Nah, I doubt it. I'm pretty sure there's just a trigger upon activating a pa.

AMEN!
This would finally solve the issue of looking totally flat cause of the stupid idel stance

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2015, 04:52 AM
Looked at the before and after again.

Less female characters at least as tall as mine (170 cm), and a huge increase in the amount of characters with C cup or larger. Soon it'll be eiken the game.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 18, 2015, 10:06 AM
This is bad... Male Newmans are declining even more. The burden may fall on me to repopulate their numbers before they go extinct.

On the upside, Gundams and unicorns are (sightly) on the rise.

Also, the generic anime protagonist population is declining I guess.

Miles064
Jun 18, 2015, 10:34 AM
The height was not surprising at all. My character towers over like 70% of the player base. Max height masterrace!

Selphea
Jun 18, 2015, 10:36 AM
My thesis for the ingame explanation is that if they can raise humans from the dead as robots and turn space elves into space unicorns, surely it would be a trivial task to perform a sex change and breast augmentation. So a good portion of the 70% females are actually males wanting to look... pretty.

Zorua
Jun 18, 2015, 11:02 AM
I used to have a male character, but I ended up deleting him for a caseal. It all makes sense now! He is the caseal.

Mattykins
Jun 18, 2015, 11:28 AM
snip

http://cdn.niketalk.com/5/58/900x900px-LL-58cf3418_salt_intensifies.gif

Akaimizu
Jun 18, 2015, 11:41 AM
I'm beginning to think Sega might as well just remove males from the game. The highest Male populated type is just above the lowest female populated type by now. I figured that Sega was feeding into their own perpetual endless cycle of depromoting male characters and kind of knew it would get to this.

I know what this means. Guess we shouldn't expect any worthwhile costumes for our Male characters any time soon. 'Cept maybe ones that would pull some Ranma 1/2 Naruto stuff and make them female while wearing it.

Not a serious rant. I'm actually kind of laughing at this. The situation basically represents a stale parody, which is still on its legs of being funny and predictable.

wefwq
Jun 18, 2015, 12:07 PM
I'm beginning to think Sega might as well just remove males from the game. The highest Male populated type is just above the lowest female populated type by now. I figured that Sega was feeding into their own perpetual endless cycle of depromoting male characters and kind of knew it would get to this.

I know what this means. Guess we shouldn't expect any worthwhile costumes for our Male characters any time soon. 'Cept maybe ones that would pull some Ranma 1/2 Naruto stuff and make them female while wearing it.

Not a serious rant. I'm actually kind of laughing at this. The situation basically represents a stale parody, which is still on its legs of being funny and predictable.
Can't be helped at all since it's all are coming back to the fanbase itself, i mean just look at FF XIV ARR.

Akaimizu
Jun 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
Actually, I saw a lot of males in FF XIV ARR. There's a lot of nice wearables for them in the game as well. They actually had a good solution, and I actually saw results of it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2015, 02:04 PM
Can't be helped at all since it's all are coming back to the fanbase itself, i mean just look at FF XIV ARR.

Sure catgirls alone are especially hella common, but it ain't no pso2.

Azzle
Jun 18, 2015, 03:39 PM
I could rant for a page or so about sexism in Japan, but it's basically, imagine the worst horror stories of the west (games being man's territory, girls being considered posers and unladylike (and therefore undesirable) if they like games, and men are only interested if there's tig ol' bitties on the cover) and amplify it by about 5. Girls are actively discouraged from liking games. It's bad, and definitely worse than anime, games and dramas would have you believe.

I...uhhh...what?
Not sure if you're the one behind the times, but...

Hokkaido =/= All of Japan

ww w. techinasia. com/ what-country-has-the-most-gamer-girls/

Compared with the west, Japan actually has a bigger ratio of female gamers (66%) and they're not being discouraged. You might have an argument with that about China since their % of female gamers is very low, but it's hard to tell since the ratio between Chinese male and female population there is ridiculously skewed.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2015, 04:10 PM
but it's hard to tell since the ratio between Chinese male and female population there is ridiculously skewed.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Oh+i+m+gay+i+guess+_f2b44b021f359165b8e838ad7bf2c6 fc.gif

Selphea
Jun 18, 2015, 04:57 PM
Girls are actively discouraged from liking games. It's bad, and definitely worse than anime, games and dramas would have you believe.
(And then have game developers and anime producers openly laugh and joke about the west being upset about blatant intolerance and hurtful depictions of certain groups like we're all just one big tumblr stereotype with our panties in a bunch)

Though it should be noted that Japanese lady gamers are just as profitable, if not moreso, than they are in the west. Brothers Conflict (an otome game series) marriage certificates went on auction for over 12k yen. (Depending on current conversion rates, $100~$130) But again, those ladies are usually considered gross by men.

I always thought being a gamer in Asia is kind of like being in the Illuminati. You have your secret codes and handshakes, go to your secret events and lead a double life. But with "normal" people you try to blend in.

It's only the raging no-lifers who get ostracized, and that applies no matter the gender or culture IMO.

Tenlade
Jun 18, 2015, 05:26 PM
keep in mind that the game also gives a self fufilling prophecy of putting out more clothing options for women, meaning more variety for the gender, which likely convinced more people to switch over, so sega does it even more so more people switch over etc.

Miles064
Jun 18, 2015, 05:34 PM
Wow this thread took a turn. Still, is it really that bad for female gamers in asia? I have met many en female gamers that are fun as hell to play with. Some of the best raiders in WoW I have met were females so it was never a problem. I dont even really see them getting harassed. The females that talked a lot in g chat seemed to enjoy talking to everyone. Not in a attention grabbing sort of way, they were just really social I guess.

As for the way characters look? Is it really surprising people want them to look attractive? Sure it's unrealistic most of the time but lets not forget it's a game here. If adding muscle added s-atk or something then we might see more accurate looking toons. Without something like that we have no reason to.

I guess I'm more curious then anything. Things tend to get blow way out of proportion on the internet so maybe it could be problem and I'm not seeing it. I will say I play females in every game that I have the option, even if it changes nothing. Over the years I have had a hell of lot less people hitting on me or assuming I'm female at all. Unless you go out of your way to tell people your gender knowone is really going to know. Can't say I see the problem here.

Finally. The whole DD chicks in tight cloths fighting baddies is a fantasy. I can say I'm getting a bit bored of it now and love women in armor(real armor not platekinis). It is no different then all the dudes in games being ripped as hell imo. It's only a problem if you go out of your way to make it one imo.

/end rant

Valimer
Jun 18, 2015, 05:49 PM
They should have shown top 10 players with most incapacitations lol

Agastya
Jun 19, 2015, 12:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/7KbkMAr.png

now to actually contribute to the thread, kind of funny watching the average bust size change over time

rip male newmans though. literal dying breed

i can't wait to see the enemy kill statistics. gonna be hard to top that 5 million set sadinian instance though
am i reading this right, though? more people have the title for clearing m10 than have the title for defeating 500 enemies? or just more people cleared that during the month of getting stats?

LonelyGaruga
Jun 19, 2015, 01:06 AM
The title thing was for title being used, not unlocked.

Flaoc
Jun 19, 2015, 01:13 AM
Finally. The whole DD chicks in tight cloths fighting baddies is a fantasy. I can say I'm getting a bit bored of it now and love women in armor(real armor not platekinis).

/end rant

does sonia repca count? :-P

Achelousaurus
Jun 19, 2015, 04:21 AM
My thesis for the ingame explanation is that if they can raise humans from the dead as robots and turn space elves into space unicorns, surely it would be a trivial task to perform a sex change and breast augmentation. So a good portion of the 70% females are actually males wanting to look... pretty.
We do already have a drag voice and costume...
I actually got the drag voice for my waifu AND my fat yakuza.

Actually, I saw a lot of males in FF XIV ARR. There's a lot of nice wearables for them in the game as well. They actually had a good solution, and I actually saw results of it.
30% is still far too much to ignore and even if females get far more costumes, there are a ton of realyl good ones for males and we keep getting more (I actually use 3 males and 2 females).

I think it's fine the way it is, focused on females but males aren't being forgotten by any means.

I always thought being a gamer in Asia is kind of like being in the Illuminati. You have your secret codes and handshakes, go to your secret events and lead a double life. But with "normal" people you try to blend in.

It's only the raging no-lifers who get ostracized, and that applies no matter the gender or culture IMO.
Yeah.
Casual gaming in arcades or whatever is common enough in Japan for both genders.

Anyway, I don't really care that much about how other people look. I just want to be able to properly customize my own characters.
Cause it's their ass I gotta stare at when I'm playing, not other asses.

Senshi
Jun 19, 2015, 08:10 AM
They should have shown top 10 players with most incapacitations lol

Lol, now that would be funny.

Shinamori
Jun 19, 2015, 08:46 AM
It would 100% full of gajin death.

Miles064
Jun 19, 2015, 08:46 AM
does sonia repca count? :-P

Yeah that one was a surprise tbh. "oh cool armor for when I play HU!" Then I took a step forward and got a nice panty shot. Sigh... Hot, dont get me wrong but is it too much to ask for real plate without heels and a skirt? Wish they would let us wear more of the male clothes.

Bellion
Jun 19, 2015, 10:06 AM
A longer plate-skirt would've been fine for Sonia Repca, oh and more colors. :(

Flaoc
Jun 19, 2015, 03:00 PM
would have liked if kirika repca didnt kick so damn high when running

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 19, 2015, 03:36 PM
would have liked if kirika repca didnt kick so damn high when running

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/mSM5SPW.jpg?1[/SPOILER-BOX]

KazukiQZ
Jun 19, 2015, 04:49 PM
^Pretty much that in PSO2 nowadays. Almost all outfit with skirts from EP3 debut onwards (iirc) has this super floaty physics. Even the slightest movement can cause them to 'fly' =w=;;

wefwq
Jun 19, 2015, 10:41 PM
SUNRISE deliver

Zheneration
Jun 21, 2015, 07:29 AM
well figures ARKS is "virtually" female dominant

Zorak000
Jun 21, 2015, 01:43 PM
SUNRISE deliver

I think that's a moonrise

Akaimizu
Jun 23, 2015, 10:20 AM
well figures ARKS is "virtually" female dominant

Well, I actually would expect that not only by design, but by lore. Phantasy Star is a universe that predicated the first major Hero of the day behind a female. Also reinforced by the tales of Red Ring Rico. They have a society for which the female that comes and saves the day, is actually wrapped in the social norm in opposition to the way it has been for our own.

I just never really liked the lack of variety in the clothing, that's all. I guess I feel real limited for males, or as any kind of female that wants to be more tomboyish or at least not pretty princess with too short a skirt or something. Some of it even PSU (though also limited) actually trumped, in that regard. Though I guess, if all you wanted was to be Unique, you don't have to be as inventive as a male (save for Human ones). Just being a male non-human puts you in unicorn status in very much the same way as being a female human tomboy was for the western servers of PSU.

Stealthcmc1974
Jun 23, 2015, 12:00 PM
Well, I actually would expect that not only by design, but by lore. Phantasy Star is a universe that predicated the first major Hero of the day behind a female. Also reinforced by the tales of Red Ring Rico. They have a society for which the female that comes and saves the day, is actually wrapped in the social norm in opposition to the way it has been for our own.

One of the things I love about the lore.

Lostbob117
Jul 1, 2015, 12:26 AM
Quest stuff has been added in http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/quest/

wefwq
Jul 1, 2015, 02:12 AM
Quest stuff has been added in http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/quest/
>that Klothomination
well, that's not surprising at all, trully the arks member we need.

oratank
Jul 1, 2015, 02:20 AM
oh my i like this information

190.6m death count since 2014.5.1 to 2015.4.30

like we have 740 dead guy in every minute

isCasted
Jul 1, 2015, 03:46 AM
"Free Fields & Arks Quests"

Why are these two together? I'd bet Arks Quests alone would barely reach 2% (and that's only because there are a few DOs that require them).

Noblewine
Jul 1, 2015, 09:54 PM
This is japan were talking about...

Why are you surprised?

Lostbob117
Jul 15, 2015, 09:25 AM
Weapon stuff: http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/weapon/

CoWorker
Jul 15, 2015, 09:35 AM
seriously Diabo partisan? i thought Gungnata would at least be on the list cuz of the fair good amount of Gungnata cultists :T

Rain Walker
Jul 15, 2015, 10:35 AM
To think they nerf'd guld mira to junk and it's still top gu usage :wacko:

wefwq
Jul 15, 2015, 10:44 AM
Why is there so much bad weapon on the top?
Are we have reached the new low?

Saagonsa
Jul 15, 2015, 12:57 PM
seriously Diabo partisan? i thought Gungnata would at least be on the list cuz of the fair good amount of Gungnata cultists :T

There's a disclaimer that says 10* and above and (I think) also main class use only. So that's why you don't see things like Gunginata and Fuuga Naginata

Flaoc
Jul 15, 2015, 02:20 PM
0 ares weapons made it to #1... wat?

red1228
Jul 15, 2015, 02:25 PM
0 ares weapons made it to #1... wat?

The polls are based on most common weapon(s), are they not?
If that is the case, some of you lucky SOBs might be surprised that RNG is a very real thing & that there are still quite a few players who've never seen a 13* drop.

Kondibon
Jul 15, 2015, 03:10 PM
(I think) also main class use only. I'm looking right at vibrace launcher, bio rifle, and flow petal, so I don't think so.

Lyrise
Jul 15, 2015, 03:39 PM
I'm looking right at vibrace launcher, bio rifle, and flow petal, so I don't think so.

What is meant is that the weapon type must be used by its designated class. So for Swords, Wire Lance and Partisan, they only look at hunter mains that have them, not any other class.

Likewise goes for Dual Blades and Jet Boots - they only look at bouncer mains that use them (So FiBos don't mean a thing to the results if they're using dual blades, but will look at whether or not they're using doublesabers, daggers or knuckles)

Selphea
Jul 15, 2015, 06:52 PM
Lextear is the most extended DB, Yas2k is #3 most extended TMG.

MissionAccomplished.jpg

CoWorker
Jul 15, 2015, 07:20 PM
There's a disclaimer that says 10* and above and (I think) also main class use only. So that's why you don't see things like Gunginata and Fuuga Naginata

Okay I can understand that 10* and above, but.... Diabo spear seems really really off... The next in line should be Halva Tornado, before and after its Fi and Ra class addition, there are quite many Hu/Fi people running around with it...

Lyrise
Jul 15, 2015, 07:42 PM
Okay I can understand that 10* and above, but.... Diabo spear seems really really off... The next in line should be Halva Tornado, before and after its Fi and Ra class addition, there are quite many Hu/Fi people running around with it...

The reporting period ranges from 4/1 - 4/30. The first time you could find a Halva is in Wind and Rain 3, and that started in May.

ZyphNeko
Jul 16, 2015, 08:25 PM
I am saddened by the lack of statistics for the lower half bust. Making sure the cups can be filled is all very good 'n all, but nothing is more frustrating than having other parts of a costume clip horribly, or have random flaily-bits awkwardly floating way over the outfit...though that's probably the fault of the physics engine.

In other words, the waist and the butt both matter just as much as the breasts! You'd be surprised just how many Japanese players also create fat-bottomed girls...at least, as far as I know.

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2015, 08:40 PM
They don't have sliders specifically for modifying either of those features, so tracking it would've been difficult, if not impossible.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 16, 2015, 09:33 PM
They don't have sliders specifically for modifying either of those features, so tracking it would've been difficult, if not impossible.

The next best thing would be monitoring statistics on character width (which effects waist), in combination with leg thickness.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 16, 2015, 09:53 PM
My two characters are under the E cup breast size ^-^

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 16, 2015, 11:22 PM
Big chests really are overrated in this game. Don't see the appeal in warping costumes around them.

Maenara
Jul 16, 2015, 11:34 PM

butt slider pls

butt >hips>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>breasts>waist

wefwq
Jul 16, 2015, 11:58 PM
Big chests really are overrated in this game. Don't see the appeal in warping costumes around them.
Breast shape/size changes if your character wearing certain costume, it's kind of sad or hilarious in a way or two.

butt slider pls

Then we'll need B/W/H measurement build-in into the character creator for max immersion.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 12:39 AM
I actually spent some time guesstimating my character's b/w/h measurements a while ago, cause I didn't have anything better to do. They're something close to a 3:2:4 ratio. The numbers I got were 27/19/40 but they could be wildly off in either direction.

PSO2 has a way of making characters look normal except under scrutiny. Not that I have a problem with them hips.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 17, 2015, 01:35 AM
Breast shape/size changes if your character wearing certain costume, it's kind of sad or hilarious in a way or two.

Then we'll need B/W/H measurement build-in into the character creator for max immersion.

That's why my characters only wear costumes that are "true" to their breast size :D

I don't buy any costumes that make them look smaller.

Aeris
Jul 17, 2015, 02:10 AM
butt slider pls

If the devs and artists actually cared about more about that than just breast sizes, probably would had such slider already.

RibbonSoft
Jul 17, 2015, 06:46 AM
butt slider pls

^^
Seconded.

Speaking of butts, I found out that having large hips and butt on a woman in Japan is actually considered vulgar. I forgot what site I saw this on, but that actually surprised me and it would make a lot of sense if true. I don't know of any Japanese game that lets you specifically tweak the butt size. Certain Korean and western games will let you but not Japanese ones as far as I can tell.

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2015, 10:42 AM
If the devs and artists actually cared about more about that than just breast sizes, probably would had such slider already.

Now if only we can get the La Pucelle artists and devs on it. They love their butts and thighs, and would probably give them a slider between big and bigger. :)

saraishadow
Jul 17, 2015, 01:53 PM
Don't want it too big now. Not too big, not too small, Goldilocks Butt.

Chdata
Jul 19, 2015, 12:51 PM
someone should translate this

http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/player/image/img_01.png

yoshiblue
Jul 19, 2015, 01:07 PM

Male: 30%
Female: 70%
Human - 13%
Human - 21.7%
Newmen - 3.3%
Newmen - 16.1%
CAST - 7.7%
CAST - 12.2%
Dewmen - 6%
Dewmen - 20%

Striking Attack Department: 26%
Hunter - 17.6%
Fighter - 8.4%

Projectile Attack Department: 20.9%
Ranger - 13.6%
Gunner - 7.3%

Technique (Law) Attack Department : 15.2%
Force - 8.4%
Techer - 6.8%

Other: 37.6%
Braver 19%
Bouncer 18.6%

Lostbob117
Jul 19, 2015, 01:10 PM

That is simple.

First Image:
The things in the circle is races+gender population
Blue is % of males
Red is % of females

Second Image:
Class population inside the circle
Red: Hunter
Pink: Fighter
Blue: Ranger
Lighter Blue: Gunner
Yellow: Force
Orange: Techer
Green: Braver
Lime: Bouncer

Outside the circle
Red Word: Striking
Blue Word: Ranged
Yellow Word: Tech

EDIT: Was too slow GG

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 10:51 PM
Big chests look awful in PSO2 because:
- clothing scales with them instead of more skin being revealed (eg. super huge cups)
- breasts don't push out clothing, the clothing is almost always plastered to the breast shape like paint
- the boob physics aren't very good, and are kinda like flappy rubber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9nwPK1nyI0)
- they tend to clip through some outfits (Crazy Kitten is one such example)
- they tend to be squished in a strange way
- and of course, their size varies greatly depending on the costume, which is pretty stupid

I recall some JP female friends saying that anything that shows butt is perverse.
I never noticed the lack of butt sliders in JP games, but I honestly can't recall playing many JP online games that let you customize body parts.
The majority of such games tend to be Korean-made.
For non-online, there's Dark Souls series which just uses a very simple Facegen setup, and Dragon Dogma, which favors a more realistic style.
Those games don't have very good proportion customization.
No idea what Dragon Dogma Online is like, because I really can't be bothered with the whole VPN thing.

Aeris
Jul 19, 2015, 11:39 PM
Big chests look awful in PSO2 because:
- clothing scales with them instead of more skin being revealed (eg. super huge cups)
- breasts don't push out clothing, the clothing is almost always plastered to the breast shape like paint
- the boob physics aren't very good, and are kinda like flappy rubber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9nwPK1nyI0)
- they tend to clip through some outfits (Crazy Kitten is one such example)
- they tend to be squished in a strange way
- and of course, their size varies greatly depending on the costume, which is pretty stupid

I recall some JP female friends saying that anything that shows butt is perverse.
I never noticed the lack of butt sliders in JP games, but I honestly can't recall playing many JP online games that let you customize body parts.
The majority of such games tend to be Korean-made.
For non-online, there's Dark Souls series which just uses a very simple Facegen setup, and Dragon Dogma, which favors a more realistic style.
Those games don't have very good proportion customization.
No idea what Dragon Dogma Online is like, because I really can't be bothered with the whole VPN thing.

Because Sega doesn't know how to make proper 3D models like with the bent body on standing female models and physics properly, for that crazy kitten outfit, they readjusted those parts on the shoulders.

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 11:43 PM
I personally hate how shoes sometimes have no toes (eg. Dealer dress, and another I've forgotten).
It reminds me of Roald Dahl's The Witches.
The feet also sometimes have no heel area (eg. Bunny Suit shoes).

Then there's the ugly indentation on the thighs of the Airy Dress, which I've reported multiple times, but SEGA absolutely refuses to fix.
Takes like 5 seconds to fix misplaced vertices, but that's just too much work for them.
Yet they apologized profusely when the first bikinis had messed up ribcages. Remember how they fixed that?

Point being, there are some pretty strange artists working for SEGA.

Zorua
Jul 19, 2015, 11:58 PM
Snip

This shit drives me crazy. There's too many good costumes that I can't bring myself to buy because of glaring anatomical errors they create.

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2015, 12:02 AM
One of my friends rarely buys anything because there's always something slapped onto the costume designs somewhere that he hates.
You can tell SEGA tries really hard to be "unique" instead of keeping designs simple and appealing.

"Hmm. This outfit looks totally fine... but I think it'd look more interesting if I slapped this really obnoxious pattern here! Now everyone will know it was my work!"

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 20, 2015, 05:04 AM
One of my friends rarely buys anything because there's always something slapped onto the costume designs somewhere that he hates.
You can tell SEGA tries really hard to be "unique" instead of keeping designs simple and appealing.

"Hmm. This outfit looks totally fine... but I think it'd look more interesting if I slapped this really obnoxious pattern here! Now everyone will know it was my work!"

Preaching to the choir.

I would literally put 500 yen into their pockets right now if they did something simple like... blouse + skinny jeans + heels.

Nope!

Has to be overly-girly
Has to be frilly
Has to be gaudy
Has to be school uniform #87634597
Has to be a collab
Has to have clogs/impossible footwear

I am so very sad at the lack of variety in casual wear.

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2015, 09:12 AM
I wrote in the last enquete that I want more normal casual clothes, and less school uniforms.

Lostbob117
Jul 29, 2015, 01:32 AM
New Info http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/extra/room/

Last bit of it, I believe

TaigaUC
Jul 29, 2015, 01:34 AM
Dammit, I was looking for the thread to post that. You beat meeee

yoshiblue
Jul 29, 2015, 01:37 AM
Didn't know the western bar theme was so popular.

Ninjas, dood!

New Info http://pso2.jp/players/event/3rd_ma/report/extra/room/

Last bit of it, I believe

Pretty cool that we now get to see how popular the team room themes are. Poor lilipa though, heh.

I believe in order it goes,

Hot Spring: 10.5%
Forest: 5.7%
Coast: 8.5%
Lillipa: 1.9%
Tundra: 4.3%
Skyscraper: 12.4%
Flouting Continents (Skyscapenet, Kappa): 5.9%
Japanland: 25.9%
Ruins: 24.9%

Levels are the team levels.

TaigaUC
Jul 29, 2015, 01:41 AM
Prob cuz the Western theme is easily accessible.

Lostbob117
Jul 29, 2015, 03:59 AM

Yeah, I can find the thread much easier through my profile.