PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 keeps crashing?

Mildora
Jun 20, 2015, 03:22 PM
When I click on my character and hit play game or start game, it sends me to the loading screen then crashes.

Any suggestions?

Anduril
Jun 20, 2015, 03:36 PM
Delete the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder in Documents, launch Official Launcher, it will recreate it, then reset your resolution settings in the launcher to what they were before.

Dammy
Jun 20, 2015, 03:56 PM
are you using any story patches/large files etc? try to launch without it to check if it works

Mildora
Jun 20, 2015, 04:07 PM
@Anduril
Uh yeah, so I just deleted the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder (which was like 20gb) opened the launcher and it looks like the game is entirely re downloading itself

@Dammy
I Don't install story patches but I do use English files to translate stuff. I Actually attempted to uninstall story patch and there was like 4000 files to delete which is weird because I've never installed it.

Anduril
Jun 20, 2015, 04:13 PM
I said the one in Documents, ie. the one where screenshots and logs are saved.

Mildora
Jun 20, 2015, 04:22 PM
I feel soo bad...

well I'll attempt that once PSO2 has installed itself again.

kuromechan
Jun 20, 2015, 06:35 PM
it's missing files or they're broken

Anduril
Jun 20, 2015, 06:47 PM
it's missing files or they're broken
According to this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3269409&postcount=22), they already ran a file check. I had this exact same problem, and deleting the PSO2 folder in Documents fixed it; my guess is that one of the files the game stores there (like version.ver or user.pso2) is the culprit of this issue.

EDIT: Just realized which post you were referring to; Mildora deleted the entirety of the PSO2 directory (the one that houses the actual game files), rather than the folder that is in Documents.

kuromechan
Jun 20, 2015, 07:01 PM
According to this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3269409&postcount=22), they already ran a file check. I had this exact same problem, and deleting the PSO2 folder in Documents fixed it; my guess is that one of the files the game stores there (like version.ver or user.pso2) is the culprit of this issue.

well if it's not that then it's something with the PC itself conflicting with the game files

ShinMegamiSensei
Jun 20, 2015, 09:05 PM
I had this same problem and did what Anduril recommended. Then I just moved all my screenshots and logs back into the newly made folder and was good to go.

Mildora
Jun 21, 2015, 12:57 AM
worked.

thank you.