PDA

View Full Version : Too late to change my MAG?

Salim8
Jun 22, 2015, 06:49 AM
It's currently Lyra at Lv. 40, Striking at Lv. 31, Range Technique and Dexterity at Lv. 3 with the other stats being at 0... I decided to main the Force Class, so asking if it's too late for me to change by feeding weapons to raise it's Tech stats.

Morgan Fumi
Jun 22, 2015, 06:57 AM
If I recall correctly from the mag guide, I believe that every 5 levels, the Mag will recheck its stats and change forms to what the correct form would be. At level 40, you have plenty of time to catch up.

If all else fails, Mag reset devices exist.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 22, 2015, 07:27 AM
It's currently Lyra at Lv. 40, Striking at Lv. 31, Range Technique and Dexterity at Lv. 3 with the other stats being at 0... I decided to main the Force Class, so asking if it's too late for me to change by feeding weapons to raise it's Tech stats.

Mag reset device is at least 300AC iirc.

New mag device should be slightly cheaper than a reset.

Mag de-levelers are 50 cubes per, and reduces ONE stat ONE level at a time. Ideally, you'd want a pure T atk mag for FO

If your character is new, no major loss in deleting/starting anew. Just put everything of value in storage.

In future, do make sure you raise your mag purely of one offensive stat. It is the best option.

wefwq
Jun 22, 2015, 08:46 AM
Mag reset device is 500AC, additional mag is 300AC.

37 level are too much trouble to use level down device that available on excube shop IMO (in total you'll need 1850 excubes to completelly cut all the level you don't want).
If you don't want to shell out money just reroll character (you keep all of your stuff that stored on storage).

Dammy
Jun 22, 2015, 08:49 AM
yeah, what is your level? reroll is not so bad if you store stuff/money

Vintasticvin
Jun 22, 2015, 10:00 AM
Hm, if you want you can try give Techer a try since it also puts striking to use on contact then if skill points are used you can also do tech damage via explosion. So you can still keep your mag the eay it is just build up on tech attack stat for the additional weapon element damage before you decide to restart and in my opinion would hopefully make the transition from striking to casting less painful since you'll be weaning off of Strike stat while you build up the mag's teching capability.

Salim8
Jun 22, 2015, 11:30 AM
I'm at LV. 15 for everything but Lv. 20 for Force and Lv. 18 for Hunter, won't be starting again... I'll probably stick to raising the stats for Strike rather than decreasing...

Yeah, I guess I'll try out Techer a little more.

Vintasticvin
Jun 22, 2015, 11:41 AM
I'm at LV. 15 for everything but Lv. 20 for Force and Lv. 18 for Hunter, won't be starting again... I'll probably stick to raising the stats for Strike rather than decreasing...

If you're gonna main Force I'd suggest picking Fighter and grabe both brave and wise stances, or Braver for Weak Stance (Which does bonus elemental damage if corresponding tech matches enemy weakness) :p The Techer thing I was kind of in a rush posting

Sayara
Jun 22, 2015, 11:50 AM

Otherwise if you want to become a Techer, at lvl 25 you'll get a CO to unlock Subclass (Choosing a secondary Class allowing you to use skills, PAs and certain weapons of that subclass example a Techer/Hunter can use Swords and their PAs if the weapon is all class [Like Lambda Aristin]). From there choosing either Hunter, Fighter or Braver as the subclass for Techer will give you more striking power with special benefits for each...
Hunter - Flatter all around damage, and bulkier defenses
Fighter - More magical damage, strategic damage increase
Braver - Larger burst damages, bows for long range options.

Though no rush to this point get comfortable as a Techer to...
1. Get use to having your Shifta Debands and such benefit you stronger than as a FO
2. Using techniques as not critical damage like a FO.

When you're ready This guide showcases ALOT of information for playing a Techer (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226714). The userbase thinks of EndGame in mind but understanding how a TE works from the guide can help you sail along your path. (They also dont mention TE/FIghter, perhaps im a bit dated..)

Happy travels!

Salim8
Jun 22, 2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the information!

Ryuuguu
Jun 22, 2015, 05:34 PM
If you are having a lot of fun with the game and you hit 75 you will need to spend 300 AC to get a new mag at some point. That ugly mag is going to eat away at you otherwise.

kurokyosuke
Jun 23, 2015, 11:48 AM
I'm at LV. 15 for everything but Lv. 20 for Force and Lv. 18 for Hunter, won't be starting again...

If levels are your only issue, under Lv.25 shouldn't be a problem. Unless you've been playing entirely by yourself without asking anyone to help you out along the way, it takes no effort to reach level 15. All you need are a couple good EQs and you'd hit 10~20 in a matter of hours.