PDA

View Full Version : English Patch not working

PriestBelmondo
Jun 26, 2015, 03:25 PM
My friend just started playing PSO, everything seems to be working fine except when he installs the english patch and starts the game up everything is still in Japanese.

Stealthcmc1974
Jun 26, 2015, 03:48 PM
My friend just started playing PSO, everything seems to be working fine except when he installs the english patch and starts the game up everything is still in Japanese.

Did he install just the core English patch, or the Large Files and the Story Patch as well?

FYI, you may want to direct future Tweaker and Enlisgh patch related questions here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

EDIT: Posted correct link

PriestBelmondo
Jun 26, 2015, 06:37 PM
Did he install just the core English patch, or the Large Files and the Story Patch as well?

FYI, you may want to direct future Tweaker and Enlisgh patch related questions here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

EDIT: Posted correct link
He installed the core and large files but not the story

Sayara
Jun 26, 2015, 08:04 PM
Core is gonna just do the absolute basic things to make the game understandable in English, Menus, some NPCs and so forth. So if his menus are also all japanese perhaps revert back to the JP setting with the tweaker and then try again?

Lostbob117
Jun 26, 2015, 08:22 PM
Did he extract them to the right location?

PriestBelmondo
Jun 26, 2015, 11:23 PM
we'll try that, and i thought the tweaker automatically put the patch in the right locations on its own? Or does the first time require to him to do it manually?

Rain Walker
Jun 27, 2015, 12:55 AM
we'll try that, and i thought the tweaker automatically put the patch in the right locations on its own? Or does the first time require to him to do it manually?

It'll automatically put the patch in the right location you had to select when you first start the tweaker up. Nothing manually

Purplexity
Jul 3, 2015, 11:51 PM
Yeah so i have no idea what i did wrong but my tweeker seems to be broken it wont patch and it says its the wrong OS so it wont install. Im using win7 game loads up fine i just cant put the english patch in ttp://pastebin.com/55y2bkjQ