PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Build Help

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 01:20 AM
Hello!,

New here, me and my girlfriend just started on Ship02, I noticed that if you mess up on your skill charts it cost ~$15 to fix, so could anyone help me or with the best hunter build, and I suppose bouncer for her, Also how does the whole sub class system work? Can you also mess up your weapon skills? Sorry everything if ind, i go on later in the comments and ppl say its outdated..... Thank you guys in advance for the help :)

Selphea
Jul 4, 2015, 01:31 AM
Bouncer:

Dual Blades (http://www.fulldive.nu/category/pso2/db-bouncer-guide/)
Jet Boots (http://www.fulldive.nu/category/pso2/jb-bouncer-guide/)

Hunter:

I think general consensus is that the best Hunter is a Fighter who uses Hunter weapons, unless you're making a Sword user. A Hunter can mean so many things though. Better to explain what you're looking for exactly :p

Subclass:

At level 20 you do a quest that Koffee gives you and tada you can pick a subclass. You get a small amount of stats from your subclass

The bigger things are first, that all skills on your subclass except Main Class skills become usable, e.g. subclass Hunter can use Fury Stance, Ranger can use Weak Bullet, subclass Braver can use Rapid Shoot etc

Second, you can use all Photon Arts usable by your subclass, including Techniques. So a Fighter by itself cannot use Partisan Photon Arts, but a Fighter/Hunter can. However, the Partisan needs to be Fighter-usable for a Fighter to equip the Partisan in the first place.

Can You Mess Up Weapon Skills:

You mean Photon Arts? Nah you can learn everything, go ahead and eat all those discs up.

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 01:39 AM
I am used to playing tank in other games, but dps can be fine too, I picked cast Hunter, is it useless? I do like swords.

Selphea
Jul 4, 2015, 02:01 AM
It can work, but a Sword Hunter doesn't really fit the traditional notion of tanking IMO. It's more like a slow but heavy DPS. It falls behind at lower difficulties due to the slow speed, but in Extra Hard and Ultimate, the high damage pays off.

If you're looking at tanking, I'd say Katana Braver with Hunter subclass is the closest to a traditional sword-and-shield tank in design. It has very rewarding Counter skills that kick in when you block, and some Katana scabbards look like actual shields.

Techer with Hunter subclass on the other hand is the closest to a tank in function. It's the character that can run ahead of a party and initiate fights with a wide area pull, along with stacking defensive buffs in the Techer tree with Hunter's own survivability skills to be practically immortal while doing solid damage.

Either of Katana Braver or Techer will feel more tank-like, although if you're leaning towards heavy DPS then go with Hunter.

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 05:18 AM
Thanks for your help, whats the most efficient way to play Hunter that will still be useful endgame?

Also can you change subclass?

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 07:26 PM
bump >.>; Just a link to a good hunter build would be fine

Selphea
Jul 4, 2015, 07:31 PM
You can change your main or subclass at any time at the class counter.

For a Hunter build, try this (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10fbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm0 jdodBdoI2i2dB4NISGAdnIdJksNI20000006dOInfHndxeBGKG KfHnIndA00000jdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000007oIn00 000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000j). Should do fine with a good Sword, and can use Partisan, W. Lance and Twin Daggers - try them all out to get a feel for when to use which weapon.

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 07:46 PM
Thank you so much, what subclass is best to use? I really hate to bother you so much....

Is the build guide still useable or is it very outdated....?

Selphea
Jul 4, 2015, 08:10 PM
Thank you so much, what subclass is best to use? I really hate to bother you so much....

Is the build guide still useable or is it very outdated....?

Fighter. I forgot to check that checkbox in that build but Fighter's skill points are done too.

The build guide was made when we had a level 70 cap, and 80 skill points. We have 89 skill points and a bunch of new skills now.

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 08:46 PM
Fighter. I forgot to check that checkbox in that build but Fighter's skill points are done too.

The build guide was made when we had a level 70 cap, and 80 skill points. We have 89 skill points and a bunch of new skills now.

Thank you so so much, >.>; if you could get me a bouncer jet boots (if thats good) one for her, we would be in your debt, and if you play on ship 2 we will help you with anything :)

And you do seems to be the bouncer master :)

Selphea
Jul 4, 2015, 09:03 PM
My builds should be in part 2. If your GF wants easy and straightforward, go with the Bo/Hu build. If she likes technical, high-effort/high-reward then start as Bo/Fi and switch to Fi/Bo.

I won't say I'm the master, just the one who so happened to write it all down somewhere ^^;

Ericthegreat
Jul 4, 2015, 09:16 PM
My builds should be in part 2. If your GF wants easy and straightforward, go with the Bo/Hu build. If she likes technical, high-effort/high-reward then start as Bo/Fi and switch to Fi/Bo.

I won't say I'm the master, just the one who so happened to write it all down somewhere ^^;

Oh i see the links now. I guess ill send her the guide and let her chose. Thank you very very much :)

TehCubey
Jul 5, 2015, 05:31 AM
OP, do note that there are no standard roles in PSO2. There are no tanks, healers, DPS. Or rather, everyone is DPS - some classes have abilities to heal or (temporarily) draw attention away from others, but in the end you are supposed to deal damage - and also know how to deal with enemy damage thrown your way.

Regarding specific builds, you will see people argue about which skills are worthwhile and which are not, but there will always be must-haves:

Hunter - JA Bonus, whole Fury skill tree except Fury Critical (and if you are strapped for points, only 5/10 in Fury Combo Up will do). Either Automate Halfline or Iron Will for defense.

Fighter - Brave Stance + Brave Stance Up, PP Slayer.

Bouncer - Elemental Stance + Elemental Stance Up, other skills dependant on whether you go Jet Boots or Dual Blades. Selphea's linked guides are very useful here.

And of course Gear skills for all the weapons you use - Sword Gear, etc.

Great Pan
Jul 5, 2015, 07:43 PM
No tanking in this game, thank you. Do as much DMG as you can before you die.

Ericthegreat
Jul 5, 2015, 09:08 PM
Is automate better then iron will/never give up?

Sayara
Jul 5, 2015, 09:14 PM
Automate at 10/10 is 100% guaranteed HP recovery
Iron Will has a 25% chance to still fail on max level.

I feel safer with Automate maxed and maybe a point or so in Iron Will. As your HP begins to increase because Hunter does that. Automate uses the lowest mate you have on hand. in otherwords, it'll use your monomates before your dimates. Which in theory seems ok except when you get hit hard (800+ damage/1000HP) and you only heal like 300...

KazukiQZ
Jul 6, 2015, 02:24 AM
^Hence, it's better for Automate users to not bring any Monomate, and bring full stocks of Di/Trimates before starting any quest.

TehCubey
Jul 6, 2015, 06:12 AM
Iron Will is preferred for fighters with Limit Break, because Limit Break lowers your HP to 25% max during its duration - so Automate heals very little.

Automate Halfline is latency dependent. So is Iron Will, but this one even more so. With decent latency however, it is reliable. Just don't run out of -mates.

Limbo_lag
Jul 6, 2015, 06:13 AM
Thank you so so much, >.>; if you could get me a bouncer jet boots (if thats good) one for her, we would be in your debt, and if you play on ship 2 we will help you with anything :)

And you do seems to be the bouncer master :)

If you're looking to use BO weapons, jet boots may be fun, but dual blades tend to do more damage than jet boots simply due to photon blade fever being a thing. Boots are also a little more complicated to use, plus you'll need to get used to the very slow movespeed you have when theyre unsheathed.

Also, 1 point in hunter gear boost is more than enough. Just max out massive hunter instead for more uptime and damage reduction.

Warcry/Automate/Iron will is personal preference. Warcry/brave for more damage and aggro, Iron will for limit break or those times you get randomly one/two shotted, automate for sustainability.

If you main hunter weapons, Just guard PP gain/Healing guard/All guard are pretty good for 1sp.