PDA

View Full Version : Streaming PSO2 to Nvidia Shield Tablet...

Zipzo
Jul 5, 2015, 07:19 AM
Has anyone had any luck getting this to work?

Essentially I can't get it to start because PSO2 requires an admin prompt to launch, and gamestream essentially won't let me click the prompt so it renders me unable to get PSO2 to load if I'm trying to stream it.

Does anyone have this tablet and has anyone successfully gotten it to stream on to this tablet?

TauAkiou
Jul 5, 2015, 09:19 AM
It will work, but you need to disable Secure Desktop (That is the UAC feature that grays out the desktop and locks external programs out of clicking the prompt; not the actual, functional part of UAC itself) to get through the prompt.

You can do it through the control panel (Action Center -> Change User Account Control Settings -> Slider to "Notify me when apps attempt to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop).

You can also follow this KB from Microsoft to disable it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/975788

I've tested it using my Nexus 7 and Limelight, so the SHIELD should work about the same.

Zipzo
Jul 6, 2015, 03:31 AM
It will work, but you need to disable Secure Desktop (That is the UAC feature that grays out the desktop and locks external programs out of clicking the prompt; not the actual, functional part of UAC itself) to get through the prompt.

You can do it through the control panel (Action Center -> Change User Account Control Settings -> Slider to "Notify me when apps attempt to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop).

You can also follow this KB from Microsoft to disable it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/975788

I've tested it using my Nexus 7 and Limelight, so the SHIELD should work about the same.

Excellent, for some reason it didn't even occur to me to just disable the function in the control panel, I was so fixated on being able to click the prompt somehow.

Now the issue is that PSO2 doesn't seem to natively accept 360 mapped pads through bluetooth on the tablet. It registers other functions on the controller (the sheild controller) like the mouse pad and its click function, but none of the buttons work. I read that xpadder is an option but I feel as though maybe I'm missing something...considering PSO2 does default to a 360 control scheme if you try to use one.

Gama
Jul 6, 2015, 10:43 AM
run pso2 as admin, and lower the uac warning to a lower level "it dosent darken the background" and pso2 wont crash.

http://www.notebookcheck.info/fileadmin/_migrated/pics/uac_05.jpg

its still safe, the admin prompt will show up without drama.

TauAkiou
Jul 6, 2015, 06:05 PM
Excellent, for some reason it didn't even occur to me to just disable the function in the control panel, I was so fixated on being able to click the prompt somehow.

Now the issue is that PSO2 doesn't seem to natively accept 360 mapped pads through bluetooth on the tablet. It registers other functions on the controller (the sheild controller) like the mouse pad and its click function, but none of the buttons work. I read that xpadder is an option but I feel as though maybe I'm missing something...considering PSO2 does default to a 360 control scheme if you try to use one.

This isn't unexpected. As I recall, PSO2 is written to use DirectInput rather then XInput, so there are bound to be issues with the way PSO2 handles controllers with external devices like the SHIELD, which generally rely on the game having XInput hooks. I couldn't get it working properly under Limelight, either (My case was a third party bluetooth box for the Wii U Pro Controller, which can switch between XInput and DirectInput at will) for what I believe are the same reasons.

If you want to do some extra reading on how insane gamepad support is on the PC, read this blog post by Awesomenauts developer Joost: http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-craziness-that-is-joysticks-on-pc.html

Creation3
Aug 6, 2015, 01:03 PM
Can't get the sound
Everything is working FINE except the SOUND

Someone got a fix on this?

Thank you
p.s. other game streaming i got sound

Misaki Ki
Aug 6, 2015, 01:09 PM
Unsure for the sound issue, but just wanted to add that I've gotten it to work on the Nvidia Shield Portible, and Raspberry Pi 2 with little to no issue.

I've seen the sound not working a couple times on rare occasion, but it usually clears up after a few tries. Could easily just be GameGuard affecting it.