PDA

View Full Version : The two new 13* sets

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 08:39 AM
What are their latents?

Poyonche
Jul 8, 2015, 08:49 AM
Double Saber (Double Cannon) from Elder/Loser increase damage up to 15% but PP comsuption raise by 30% (according to ppl)

No clue for the other.

Rakurai
Jul 8, 2015, 08:53 AM
The griffon 13* raise crit rate and damage while close/mid range/far from the target.

The tech and ranged weapons seem to all have the close range latent, and either the midrange or far latent as a secondary.

EDIT: At max level, it's +25% crit and 12% damage for the close range latent and +35% crit and 11% damage for the midrange one. So it's flat-out better the Ares and Slave, and most likely better then the Falz weapons, as well.

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 09:13 AM
The griffon 13* raise crit rate and damage while close/mid range/far from the target.

The tech and ranged weapons seem to all have the close range latent, and either the midrange or far latent as a secondary.

EDIT: At max level, it's +25% crit and 12% damage for the close range latent and +35% crit and 11% damage for the midrange one. So it's flat-out better the Ares and Slave, and most likely better then the Falz weapons, as well.

Jesus christ.

TaigaUC
Jul 8, 2015, 09:43 AM
Thirteen Star Online 2.

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 10:01 AM
Can anyone confirm Gal Wind has a new latent?

final_attack
Jul 8, 2015, 10:05 AM
Can anyone confirm Gal Wind has a new latent?

JP Wiki's comments says 12% / 16% / 20% Wind Tech damage

Rayden
Jul 8, 2015, 10:15 AM
At max level, it's +25% crit and 12% damage for the close range latent and +35% crit and 11% damage for the midrange one. So it's flat-out better the Ares and Slave, and most likely better then the Falz weapons, as well.

I wouldn't call that flat-out better than Ares at all, since it only works at a specific range instead of all ranges, and it's not much better than Ares' 10%. I'd prefer Ares, but the new potentials are still good.

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 10:37 AM
JP Wiki's comments says 12% / 16% / 20% Wind Tech damage

That's...actually pretty nice. Finally a 12*-worthy potential.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 8, 2015, 10:39 AM
It is better than Ares and Slave because first no need of PB at max to get the boost, and 2nd that's probably more important, Double Saber is a close-range weapon and you can't really go farther than mid-range, also Fighter has a skill boosting critical rate and dmg. So yeah, it's probably the best DS currently even better than Double Cannon which raise your PP cost by 30% for like 3% more dmg

@Maenara kinda but no considering Talis and Wind techs don't combine well, so if they had put that on a rod that would be awesome indeed but on a talis, it's not

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 10:48 AM
It is better than Ares and Slave because first no need of PB at max to get the boost, and 2nd that's probably more important, Double Saber is a close-range weapon and you can't really go farther than mid-range, also Fighter has a skill boosting critical rate and dmg. So yeah, it's probably the best DS currently even better than Double Cannon which raise your PP cost by 30% for like 3% more dmg

@Maenara kinda but no considering Talis and Wind techs don't combine well, so if they had put that on a rod that would be awesome indeed but on a talis, it's not

Talis are stronger than rods anyways, because of Talis Throw Bonus.

Bellion
Jul 8, 2015, 10:53 AM
Besides Fighter weapons that benefit from the Wind series the most, it's whatever.

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2015, 11:43 AM
Talis are stronger than rods anyways, because of Talis Throw Bonus."But you have to keep throwing the talis."

Or something.

Meji
Jul 8, 2015, 11:47 AM
I accidentally.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJZ_AcAUMAADaeR.png:large

Time to grind. <3

Meji
Jul 8, 2015, 12:07 PM
Here's the latents.

Like mentioned earlier, you get to pick one of them. As for the TMGs, either bonus to close range, or bonus to mid range.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJaFLQcUAAE8xVY.jpg:large

Achelousaurus
Jul 8, 2015, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't call that flat-out better than Ares at all, since it only works at a specific range instead of all ranges, and it's not much better than Ares' 10%. I'd prefer Ares, but the new potentials are still good.
I reckon for melee you will be in range with most pas. Of course stuff like kfc or db weapon action can get to midrange so you gotta be careful, as well with every midrange melee pa but mostly you are safe.

That's...actually pretty nice. Finally a 12*-worthy potential.
No, it is not. Insert the usual rant about too little challenge and too low potential boosts, so that there is very little motivation to actually give a fuck.

Hrith
Jul 10, 2015, 05:53 AM
God, the potential for Double Cannon, Yasminkov 8000C and Blanc Fluke is really bad, all in all.

I don't care too much about the crit rate+damage ones, but they're really strong. I especially like the range limit, it means you have to choose, that's a cool aspect.

Rakurai
Jul 10, 2015, 06:24 AM
I'm curious as how big the difference in distance requirement between the latents that specify close range and short range are.

Hope they're not requiring pre-patch ZRA range or anything like that.

Hrith
Jul 11, 2015, 05:00 AM
Well, since the Zero Effort and Zero Justice potentials require very close range, one can assume it's the same with 剴切の接撃.

Note there are four different potentials:
剴切の接撃 which description says 至近距離 (literally, point-blank range). The double sabre, twin machineguns, wand and jet boots have this one.
剴切の撃 which description says 近距離 (short range). The wired lances, rifle and bullet bow have this one.
剴切の隔撃 which description says 中距離 (middle range). The wired lances, double sabre, twin machineguns, bullet bow, rod, wand and jet boots have this one.
剴切の遼撃 which description says 遠距離 (long range). The rifle and rod have this one.

The fact there is a potential for 'short range' and one for 'point-blank range' probably means that the latter requires literal point-blank range.

IndigoNovember
Jul 11, 2015, 03:08 PM
So, for example, charged Deadly Archer might put yourself out of range for the potential to activate?

Bellion
Jul 11, 2015, 03:11 PM
Pretty much, yes. It's possible.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/61269.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Jul 11, 2015, 06:06 PM
Ares weapons are seeming more appealing to me now.

IndigoNovember
Jul 11, 2015, 07:19 PM
So the super close range one is essentially Zero Range Advance close range.

elryan
Jul 16, 2015, 03:09 PM
<rant>

How are people getting those Gryphon weapons?!?!

I did 700 gold medals worth of run already (currently having Xie's 13* Katana and Sword at 60% element each) with 250% RDR + 50% triboost + 30% daily triboost + team tree 9% + premium drink 15%, NEITHER Ares nor Gryphon weapon drops.

I've been farming using BR and FI (switched to Fighter when BR Excube SP capped). If we're going with the "main class boosts drop rate" logic, I should be getting AT LEAST a Bow OR a Double Saber. (I'm actually aiming for a Gryphon TMG)

But apparently I got nothing. WHY?!?!?

I should probably give up and just do the buffed CQ later on.

</rant>

Skyly
Jul 16, 2015, 03:18 PM
Its just rng. I got a 13 star from a rare gal with only a 250

yoshiblue
Jul 16, 2015, 03:19 PM
Can confirm, all RNG. Got an Ares rifle, no boosters.

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2015, 04:41 PM
<rant>

I did 700 gold medals worth of run already (currently having Xie's 13* Katana and Sword at 60% element each) with 250% RDR + 50% triboost + 30% daily triboost + team tree 9% + premium drink 15%, NEITHER Ares nor Gryphon weapon drops.

I've been farming using BR and FI (switched to Fighter when BR Excube SP capped). If we're going with the "main class boosts drop rate" logic, I should be getting AT LEAST a Bow OR a Double Saber. (I'm actually aiming for a Gryphon TMG)

</rant>

What? No 3rd Anni. dounts? :V

Bellion
Jul 16, 2015, 04:58 PM
Relevant
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/61534.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2015, 07:20 PM
I guess the close range and long range latents are the least restrictive in terms of how big of an area they're active in.

In any case, I can't see myself wanting any of the weapons that lack those latents. It baffles me that the bow wasn't one of the weapons with the latter latent when considering that it has the longest attack range out of any of the ranged weapons.

P51mus
Jul 16, 2015, 08:47 PM
Relevant
[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/61534.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So, what is that? Pink- zero range, orange close range, the two yellow circles for far range, and what for mid range? Inner Yellow to blue?

Hrm, or is it blue then outward for long range and yellow to yellow for mid range.

Saagonsa
Jul 16, 2015, 08:54 PM
So, what is that? Pink- zero range, orange close range, the two yellow circles for far range, and what for mid range? Inner Yellow to blue?

I think mid is orange to blue, and there's a gap between mid and long where nothing counts

vv Oh, that's really strange

Bellion
Jul 16, 2015, 09:03 PM
Yellow to yellow is considered mid-range.
Blue circle to that blue line is long-range, funny enough long-range activates closer to the target than the mid-range potential.

red1228
Jul 17, 2015, 01:14 AM
<rant>

</rant>

Same way some players still have not seen a single 13* drop, despite actively doing Ultimate since its release (while some players have more 13* weapons than they literally know what to do with). Same way you can fail a 98% affix & succeed a 10% affix. Or Iron Will (max 10/10 points) failing to trigger, three Moon Atomizer revivals in a row.

R N G

wefwq
Jul 17, 2015, 02:10 AM
<rant>

</rant>
It's all RNG son.
All you have to do are just run the quest mindlessly until you got one or go home and don't get anything at all.
It's the same reason why bunch of people losing at dudu over 95% chance of affixing their stuff, even if the chance of losing was only 5% who knows when RNG choose to shitting at our face.
There's no logic at all in this kind of stuff, just pure luck. Being smart ain't going help you getting the stuff you want, just pray a lot and run the quest bunch of times.

Rakurai
Jul 20, 2015, 05:43 AM
The griffon 13* seem significantly more common then Ares according to the records.

I assume it's probably because of the rare griffon having such a huge drop rate increase. I really hope they have limited quest triboost day like for the previous quest.

I imagine the Summer EQ will probably help, too, due to the Griffon being level 80 there, along with the rare enemy boost PSE.