PDA

View Full Version : So how 'bout that Gryphon of the Gal variety?

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 11:39 AM
Love it? Hate it?
Drops new 13*s, as well as Gal Wind(Which has a new +20% wind tech latent now), 10* units like candy, and even Lambda Grinders.

KuroNeko77
Jul 8, 2015, 11:49 AM
I love the boss and the candies it drops. Too bad it melts in a 12-players MPA. Gal was my favorite boss back in pso, so I'm disappointed by that part.

The Walrus
Jul 8, 2015, 11:52 AM
Doesn't pretty much everything melt in a full MPA?

EDIT: Did quest solo, figured I could just run through and fight Gal. Was totes wrong. Too mad at Sega to fucking bother with this until friends are around.

Hysteria1987
Jul 8, 2015, 12:30 PM
I've been overseas for a while now but I'm dead keen to give it a go when I get back. It was my favourite boss back on the original too (though the Barba Ray was also nice). My team also assures me they're getting the Pioneer II team room all set up, so I've got a bit to look forward to.

Morgan Fumi
Jul 8, 2015, 01:59 PM
Very crushable. Lots of gold medals. I like it.

He hasn't given me any Lambda Grinders yet though.

LunaSolstice
Jul 8, 2015, 02:01 PM
My only problem with the new last LQ boss is that it dies in less than 10 seconds,which means delay=failed quest lol xD

However the affix stuff it drops are pretty good. I've been spamming the SH one and didn't do the XH mode yet.

I feel like this new boss could be eaten whole by Chrome Dragon from how weak it is LOL

Anga and Dragon Ex last longer than this last boss in SH lol

Gryphon needs a buff from fried chicken tier up to Dragon or Anga tier at least lol

Amazing Ampharos
Jul 8, 2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I was lagging badly earlier today, and I'm pretty sure it was mechanically impossible for me to clear the quest because of it. By the time my end "caught up" to Anga's death, the MPA had already killed the Gal Griffon. None of this is really the boss's fault though; to me, it seems like a good boss that will be very interesting once it starts showing up in 4-player situations.

So far it hasn't dropped me anything good though other than lots of 10* units.

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 02:31 PM
Very crushable. Lots of gold medals. I like it.

He hasn't given me any Lambda Grinders yet though.

Yeah, Lambda Grinders seem really rare. I've only gotten one from ~7 kills.

Poyonche
Jul 8, 2015, 04:20 PM
Maybe Arm III like Cougar and Knight Gear

Vintasticvin
Jul 8, 2015, 04:24 PM
Doesn't pretty much everything melt in a full MPA?

EDIT: Did quest solo, figured I could just run through and fight Gal. Was totes wrong. Too mad at Sega to fucking bother with this until friends are around.

My only problem with the new last LQ boss is that it dies in less than 10 seconds,which means delay=failed quest lol xD

However the affix stuff it drops are pretty good. I've been spamming the SH one and didn't do the XH mode yet.

I feel like this new boss could be eaten whole by Chrome Dragon from how weak it is LOL

Anga and Dragon Ex last longer than this last boss in SH lol

Gryphon needs a buff from fried chicken tier up to Dragon or Anga tier at least lol

Maybe you guys should downgrade weapon power a bit to where it does feel challenging?

The Walrus
Jul 8, 2015, 04:30 PM
I don't play in full MPAs, hence why it's a question.

I also despise gimping myself.

IndigoNovember
Jul 8, 2015, 04:40 PM
I managed to get 2 Lambda Grinders from rare Gal Gryphon. Perhaps they only drop from the rare variant?

Xaelouse
Jul 8, 2015, 04:42 PM
They drop from regular. They're just really uncommon
Anyway, Gal's 13*s look so cool. Too bad criticals only matter to like 2 classes at most

Eternal255
Jul 8, 2015, 04:43 PM
They drop from regular. They're just really uncommon
Anyway, Gal's 13*s look so cool. Too bad criticals only matter to like 2 classes at most

pics? how do they compare to the other 13*s? and whats the pot?

Maenara
Jul 8, 2015, 04:46 PM
Just got rare Gryphon and got 2 lambda grinders. Rare Gryphon is called Gryphon Gels by the way.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2015, 05:37 PM
BO-RING

But how 'bout that sideboob outfit huh

Sayara
Jul 8, 2015, 05:52 PM
BO-RING
how about people actually getting 12star weapons now huh

The Walrus
Jul 8, 2015, 05:53 PM
BO-RING

But how 'bout that sideboob outfit huh

I play this game for things other than fapping.

Like taunting lolicon friend with lewd loli :3

pkemr4
Jul 8, 2015, 06:15 PM
the E-trial for Protect is annoying. waste of time

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2015, 06:20 PM
how about people actually getting 12star weapons now huh

Oh really? That might help spark me to want to play again.

OH WAIT THERE'S THE WHOLE "GRINDING" PART HAHA

I play this game for things other than fapping.

Like taunting lolicon friend with lewd loli :3

Fucking nasty.

The Walrus
Jul 8, 2015, 08:31 PM
It was really fun when the nude patch came out and I never told him how to get it, then paraded around in a swimsuit while letting him know my loli was nude on my end :3

Chigun
Jul 8, 2015, 08:47 PM
Wish XH mode was as difficult as the ultimate it takes after. Sad to see its bosses liquified even faster than they already were. UQ is just right with its difficulty IMO. Anything less than that is playing on training wheels with 11 other halfway decent people.

And the Gal Gryphon from PSO1 would plow through and one-hit kill 200-level players on occasion. I want to see that kind of fun stuff. :P

Amazing Ampharos
Jul 8, 2015, 08:52 PM
Playing with random people, I have yet to see him do the big stomp attack and fail to kill at least one player. That's mostly just people being bad (it's not subtle what he's about to do), but he definitely has some power.

red1228
Jul 8, 2015, 09:14 PM
...And the Gal Gryphon from PSO1 would plow through and one-hit kill 200-level players on occasion. I want to see that kind of fun stuff. :P

If it makes you feel any better, my first Rare XH Gryphon did 900 damage to me when he landed from his Tornado attack. Didn't expect it cuz the tornado itself was only doing like 50 damage, but then that stomp did a crapload of damage out of nowhere. ^^;

Zipzo
Jul 8, 2015, 10:09 PM
I too was slightly miffed at the "weak" nature of the the new boss, as I'm also an old PSO-fanboi who loved the old fight.

I honestly believe MPA's need to go the way of the "ways to level up" and get side-lined for actual content meant for level capped players. MPA's generally make everything less fun. It sure makes everything faster and more farmable but I really, honestly do feel that MPA's negatively impact the end-game experience, unless they tune content to be much more sturdy.

Ultimate mode is sort of on the right track, but they're middle-grounding too much. They need to create missions that are specifically meant for MPAs, in which enemies/bosses take very large amounts of damage before dying, and have very versatile attack patterns similar to the current ultimate enemies, that do a lot more punishment for not staying out of danger.

A small party should not be able to easily push through MPA content, and there shouldn't be "end-game" content available that people can simply form an MPA in order to wipe it easy-mode. There needs to be some balance and polishing for content meant for either group size.

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2015, 12:05 AM
I like it better than the previous limited quest because it's faster, looks nicer, and is more rewarding. No more Sonic Nyau, too.
But it's a little dull in how static the spawns are.
I wish they gave us more ways to earn medals than just doing the same 1-2 things over and over.
You know, like having fun while earning medals without realizing it, instead of having to bore ourselves to tears to reach a goal.
That's one of PSO2's major problems - they dripfeed a single new thing and expect people to do that over and over for months on end.
More variation would be nice. The same thing doesn't tire out as quickly when there are other things to do at the same time.

For example, they could be generous and give everyone 1 medal per every other EQ completion.

Punisher106
Jul 9, 2015, 12:11 AM
It'd be nice to play...

...if I didn't fucking 630, half the time.

Touka
Jul 9, 2015, 12:12 AM
At the very least they are slowly learning(2 lqs rather than just one last year).But yes they could definitely do a better job.

Rakurai
Jul 9, 2015, 02:33 AM
Wonder if the drop rates are even worse then they are for Ares weapons for them to not even be registering on the item record at the time.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 9, 2015, 08:21 AM
At the very least they are slowly learning(2 lqs rather than just one last year).

We already got 2 LQ last year, one was the mothership, the other was Knight Gear in the Ruins level

Flaoc
Jul 9, 2015, 08:38 AM
I like it better than the previous limited quest because it's faster, looks nicer, and is more rewarding. No more Sonic Nyau, too.
But it's a little dull in how static the spawns are.
I wish they gave us more ways to earn medals than just doing the same 1-2 things over and over.
You know, like having fun while earning medals without realizing it, instead of having to bore ourselves to tears to reach a goal.
That's one of PSO2's major problems - they dripfeed a single new thing and expect people to do that over and over for months on end.
More variation would be nice. The same thing doesn't tire out as quickly when there are other things to do at the same time.

For example, they could be generous and give everyone 1 medal per every other EQ completion.

the static spawns is similar to how a pso1 quest worked and well at the end u fight a pso1 boss so yea...

knight1301
Jul 9, 2015, 08:54 AM
Hmm only a few class got new 13* weapon from new LQ ?

Achelousaurus
Jul 9, 2015, 08:58 AM
Oh really? That might help spark me to want to play again.

OH WAIT THERE'S THE WHOLE "GRINDING" PART HAHA

Fucking nasty.
Yep.
But weren't we supposed to get 12* grinding relief, too?
So, theoretically it might be fine now. Practically I doubt it but might be cheaper than pay the prices of people who ground stuff when it was at its lowest success rate.

If it makes you feel any better, my first Rare XH Gryphon did 900 damage to me when he landed from his Tornado attack. Didn't expect it cuz the tornado itself was only doing like 50 damage, but then that stomp did a crapload of damage out of nowhere. ^^;
Better than someone using jellen in psobb and the tornado hits for 100 dmg instead of 150 - but it hits you 20 times in half a second.

Anyway, it's quite nice. Very fast and farmable. Gryphon has enough hp to not die instantly and in this game you can actually dodge properly.
Still, could have a bit more hp.

And I am so glad the ult enemies and anga don't have their usual hp and even more that they only appear in a few trials cause otherwise this would have been impossible to spam with pugs.

IndigoNovember
Jul 9, 2015, 12:56 PM
Hmm only a few class got new 13* weapon from new LQ ?

Every class besides Hunter got something.

Kinaya
Jul 9, 2015, 01:01 PM
Every class besides Hunter got something.

13* WL doesn't count? :OOOO

IndigoNovember
Jul 9, 2015, 01:15 PM
13* WL doesn't count? :OOOO

No it doesn't =V . Ok fine, it does.

ZynischQ
Jul 9, 2015, 05:24 PM
Rare gryphon positively vomits high-slot weapons at you. I got 5 7-8 slot weapons with mixtures of stigma, ult buster, and attacks 3/4s.

This pleases me.