PDA

View Full Version : Gune Units.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 8, 2015, 06:05 PM
Why are these units so popular? I was thinking of buying a set for my FO, but after close inspection, I noticed that they arent that great.

I am fully aware of the 25pp hiden boost they have. But other units can match this boost. For example my current 10* set gives me 26PP boost (the foli cut set).

Again I ask why are these 11* units so popular? Is there something im not seeing here?

The magatsu units seem way better than the gune units.

Sandmind
Jul 8, 2015, 06:22 PM
Solid base defense, set bonus with standard 60 all-atk + the 25pp you mentionned. Each unit give 4% strike and range resist + 50hp.

If you can craft them, you can exchange the range resist for 100hp (sdef recipe) or scrap both resist for pure PP, aka 155 base PP before affixing (rdef recipe).

Base Brisa set does have better defense and resist than base Saiki set thought. But Saiki is potentially the most offensive one.

Personally, I'm running base Saiki set with a mix of Tatk, PP and HP for an all rounder on my main.

red1228
Jul 8, 2015, 06:24 PM
Why are these units so popular? I was thinking of buying a set for my FO, but after close inspection, I noticed that they arent that great.

I am fully aware of the 25pp hiden boost they have. But other units can match this boost. For example my current 10* set gives me 26PP boost (the foli cut set).

Again I ask why are these 11* units so popular? Is there something im not seeing here?

The magatsu units seem way better than the gune units.

If you're talking about the Saiki 11* units. Its a combination of their set bonus AND what you can put on them with Affixes & Special Crafts. No other set of units even come close to what Saiki can collectively give.

Think about it like this: Your 10* Folly Cut gives 6 pp (3 from each unit) & 10 for the set bonus. That's only 16pp. You're 26pp total is from affixes and/or special crafts, not by themselves.

The 11* Saiki gives +25pp for the set bonus (its individual pieces give +50hp).

25pp > 16pp.

Add in special crafting & Now Saiki can have +300 HP / +25pp or +155pp... BEFORE ANY AFFIXES.
Add in some basic 3slot affixes that includes Soul+SpiritaIII (7pp per unit) & now you're looking at upwards of 176pp.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 8, 2015, 06:43 PM
No lol The foli set gives 26 when you add in the arm unit to it. The arm unit isn't technically part of the "set" but it may as well be since thats the best arm unit to use them with. So the Foli Set itself gives 16 plus 10 of the arm unit for a total of 26.

So that said, crafting units is actually legit now? I remember when crafting units was a huge no no because they would lose their hiden abilities making them worse. It sounds like this has been changed from what you guys are saying.

KazukiQZ
Jul 8, 2015, 06:50 PM
^It's called special craft. Basically, you can take any unit (even 2*!) and give it either 100HP or 10PP. HP comes with 4% melee resist while PP one give 4% ranged resist.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 8, 2015, 07:00 PM
Oh nice so this "special craft" can be applied to pretty much any unit then ^^

red1228
Jul 8, 2015, 07:03 PM
No lol The foli set gives 26 when you add in the arm unit to it. The arm unit isn't technically part of the "set" but it may as well be since thats the best arm unit to use them with. So the Foli Set itself gives 16 plus 10 of the arm unit for a total of 26.

So that said, crafting units is actually legit now? I remember when crafting units was a huge no no because they would lose their hiden abilities making them worse. It sounds like this has been changed from what you guys are saying.

I may have blundered a tad in completely forgetting that you would use a different arm unit (my bad), but my point still stands.

When taking into account Set Bonus, Individual Affixes & Special Crafts (unique Lv3/8/10 crafts that are separate from the normal Lv3/8/10 crafts): Saiki units give the most stat gains. There are a select few sets that would have slightly more attack in a given area (Negro for Tech, Tian for Range), but they lose out on 15pp.

Zorua
Jul 8, 2015, 07:28 PM
or +155pp... BEFORE ANY AFFIXES.

Took me a second to realize what you meant here. If only these gave you +155pp on top of your base 100. That shit'd be crazy.

Perfect Chaos
Jul 8, 2015, 07:32 PM
The point is that all of Saiki's important bonuses (ATK and PP) comes from its set bonus, so when you craft it with the special recipes, you'll keep all of those bonuses. If you craft Foli with the same recipes, you'll lose some of its bonuses since some of it comes from each unit's innate bonus. The difference in the end is 15 PP less.
Only HP comes from Saiki units innately (50 HP each), so you'll lose some of that when crafting for PP, but ideally, that shouldn't matter. Going the other route, you can craft it with the special HP recipe and get even more HP (+150 compared to non-crafted, or +300 overall) and still have +25 PP from the set bonus, which is something that you can't get with other units.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 8, 2015, 10:12 PM
The point is that all of Saiki's important bonuses (ATK and PP) comes from its set bonus, so when you craft it with the special recipes, you'll keep all of those bonuses. If you craft Foli with the same recipes, you'll lose some of its bonuses since some of it comes from each unit's innate bonus. The difference in the end is 15 PP less.
Only HP comes from Saiki units innately (50 HP each), so you'll lose some of that when crafting for PP, but ideally, that shouldn't matter. Going the other route, you can craft it with the special HP recipe and get even more HP (+150 compared to non-crafted, or +300 overall) and still have +25 PP from the set bonus, which is something that you can't get with other units.

That makes sense now I understand. My FO/TE is a glass cannon so HP doesn't matter. I totally see the point now.

So crafting units still "wrecks" them, but since Saiki's bonuses come from the actual set it doesn't matter. I see their appeal now.

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2015, 12:12 AM
I used to use Foly set. I don't recall clearly now, but I think I had roughly the same or slightly better attack stats with Foly + Heirem Jees.
But my survivability was much lower. I tend to solo a lot, so it's nice to have a little more survivability.
Saiki has good defense, fat HP, resist, etc.
I can't speak for crafting it, though, as I don't do that.

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 9, 2015, 03:54 PM
I used to use Foly set. I don't recall clearly now, but I think I had roughly the same or slightly better attack stats with Foly + Heirem Jees.
But my survivability was much lower. I tend to solo a lot, so it's nice to have a little more survivability.
Saiki has good defense, fat HP, resist, etc.
I can't speak for crafting it, though, as I don't do that.

I think the magatsu units are more "tanky" since they also have fatter HP and much better elemental resistances. They do lose out on 75 s-def and 3% strike resist though. But the magatsu units have 50 HP more (HP is better than resist or elemental resist since HP covers all types of defense) they also have slightly better offensive bonuses along with the better elemental resistances.

Of course this is just comparing them "stock" without any crafting.

Also, I understand where you're coming from as I tend to solo a lot aswell every once in a while I do get hit by a random one shot move or something silly like that it's rare but it's annoying having to restart the daily quest cuz I got one shotted for not paying attention =P

ArcaneTechs
Jul 9, 2015, 07:28 PM
Brisa's cheap so nows your chance before boost week happens

Rakurai
Jul 9, 2015, 09:16 PM
I've had a full set of both Saiki and Brisa for the longest time, but kind of gave up on affixing after I failed a 90% one too many times.

wefwq
Jul 10, 2015, 12:00 AM
I've had a full set of both Saiki and Brisa for the longest time, but kind of gave up on affixing after I failed a 90% one too many times.
NEVER GIVE UP, BUDDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE)