PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Tweaker Help

Jaquecz
Jul 9, 2015, 01:40 AM
So after pretty much exploding my mind by bashing my face and my keyboard together after somehow screwing up a simple goddamn patch, I'd like to know if there's a page somewhere for

-How to properly patch the game via the tweaker so I don't wind up REINSTALLING 25 GIGABYTES every time I need to patch the game.

or basically a "How not to be a fuck up" page.

Would be greatly appreciated as I really want to play the game but stuff like the patching problems i ran into tonight makes it really hard.
Along with just being flat out infuriating.

Seriously help would be nice, I'll be your negrite slave for eternity if its required.

xBM
Jul 10, 2015, 09:49 AM
Not a lot of people have problems with PSO2 tweaker or the patches, so you won't really find any info about the issue you're having.

Did you select the correct PSO2 directory folder?

When the PSO2 tweaker asks you to select the PSO2 directory folder, make sure you select:

C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin

You could also try installing the game outside the default installation directory (C:\) and patch it with PSO2 tweaker, see if that helps.

You can also manually patch the game, but I would not recommend it. It's going to make your life harder.

Limbo_lag
Jul 10, 2015, 09:57 AM
Try the following:

Delete tweaker and all tweaker files (including the txt files)
Update your game using the official client
Reinstall all translation patches manually
???
Profit

After that, feel free to re-download tweaker and re-build the file record for future updates (using the "new method" to build the list, which it does automatically). It seems these last couple of updates have been buggy with tweaker. Mine keeps telling me to install the precede data (from ~a month ago) even now.