PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu + Dengeki July scans part 2 - Summer, Oceans, Darkness, PA customs...

Lyrise
Jul 9, 2015, 09:32 PM
Scans from the latest issues of Famitsu and Dengeki, outlining what's coming up in the next update: "Black Territory Enshrouded in Darkness."

Famitsu page 1 + 2

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/FamitsuJuly20152-1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki page 1 + 2

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DengekiJuly20152-1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki page 3 + 4

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DengekiJuly20152-2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Notes:
-Episode 3 Chapter 5 with the main story focusing on Harukotan and Sukunahima but does feature a sidestories involving Eucrita, Sara and Klariskrays. Chapter 6 will be released the week after.

-Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku/Mikagura School Suite collab, along with Summer Festival is the theme of the next scratch.

-Mag levels uncapped to 200, new SP autoactions (these cost EXCubes)

SP-Shot/Multishot (Locks onto one target, fires multiple shots, damage is based on its R-atk stat)
SP-Strike/Rave (physically attacks all targets up to mid range from your position; damage based on mag s-atk stat)
SP-Skill/Iron Wall (Puts up a barrier to reduce the damage you take; reduction based on mag dex value)
SP-Tech/Multicast (I have no further details on this)

-You can now get detailed info on what your friends are doing, and send them messages directly from the friend list in a separate window.

-Items that require Ragol Memories to obtain will remain after each cycle. However, the costume prices go up from 4 to 5 whenever a new cycle appears, with the new cycle discounted.

-Beach Wars 3 has all the Lind series 12* items as an area drop. (Sword Knuckle Boots Gunslash)

-Wearing some form of swimwear in Beach wars 3 will grant you a rare drop boost.

-PA customizations will be available. For now, there are 12 customizations, 1 for each weapon type known. Power goes up, but so does PP consumption. Maybe they'll show more in the livestream...

Twister Fall Zero-shiki (Hold the button down to spin in place and hold your altitude, you can also move all over the place while maintaining altitude)
Cerberus Dance Zero-Shiki (Range narrows and Speed Increases)
Rising Flag Zero-Shiki (Grants movement similar to Asagirirendan, you can use this in the air to great effect and to close gaps)
Wild Rhapsody Zero-Shiki (Range expands and spreads out more and Speed Increases)
Tornado Dance Zero-Shiki (Can be charged to increase speed and range by a lot)
Slide Upper Zero-Shiki (Can be charged to increase power and hit count)
Tri-Impact Zero-Shiki (Each attack animation hits twice, fires off a counter-edge style shockwave when the attacks connect)
Kazan Nadesico Zero-Shiki (Can be charged. The longer you charge, the faster and stronger it becomes; Charge level 2 multiplies damage by 1.4x)
Homing Emission Zero-Shiki (My favorite. Reduces the number of lockon points from 6 to 1, fires all 6 shots, and homes in on the target.)
Divine Launcher Zero-Shiki (Can be charged to increase damage, and explosion range)
Bullet Squall Zero-Shiki (As you keep firing, you can move yourself around maintaining the same altitude)
Tritt Shooter Zero-Shiki (Becomes a charge attack, longer charge result in more hits, and you'll also be able to move around while maintaining altitude)

-Lastly for those who care, Twin Halogen Dual Blade camo will be given away in the next issue of Dengeki.

Maenara
Jul 9, 2015, 09:46 PM
Wait what, Lind- gunslash and knuckles? I REQUIRE MORE DETAILS

Lyrise
Jul 9, 2015, 09:52 PM
Lindonett - Gunslash
Lindstrum - Knuckles (You can see them in the last page of the Dengeki scan)

Maenara
Jul 9, 2015, 10:05 PM
Wish I knew their stats/potential. ;;

Rakurai
Jul 9, 2015, 10:18 PM
Being able to use Homing Emission for reliable rifle DPS is going to be really nice.

Satellite Cannon isn't practical in most situations, especially not when soloing.

KazukiQZ
Jul 9, 2015, 11:45 PM
Hohoho, rifle will get something nice with the new Homing Emission =w=)b

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2015, 11:45 PM
Oh cool, I'll finally get to use homing emission :D

wefwq
Jul 9, 2015, 11:48 PM
-You can now get detailed info on what your friends are doing, and send them messages directly from the friend list in a separate window.Stalker update

Bullet Squall Zero-Shiki (As you keep firing, you can move yourself around maintaining the same altitude)

Flying UFO blender bullet dispenser.

KazukiQZ
Jul 10, 2015, 12:02 AM
Lol

If anything, that feature will allow me to tell people on my friendlist what's my plan for the day.

Flaoc
Jul 10, 2015, 12:12 AM
Lol

If anything, that feature will allow me to tell people on my friendlist what's my plan for the day.

looks like its time to make my friendlist turn to 0 people

KazukiQZ
Jul 10, 2015, 12:15 AM
Wait, it (the game) told the others about what im doing, not me myself wrote about it, like a notes/memo?

Kinda meh then xD

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2015, 08:19 AM
-PA customizations will be available. For now, there are 12 customizations, 1 for each weapon type known. Power goes up, but so does PP consumption. Maybe they'll show more in the livestream...

Yet Dual Blades and Jetboost PAs aren't listed.

Rakurai
Jul 10, 2015, 08:25 AM
I'm fully expecting them to eventually have a custom for Strike Gust or Moment Gale that lets you move around during the attack, since they seem to be a fan of doing that for PAs that involve spinning.

Z-0
Jul 10, 2015, 08:26 AM
Wait, it (the game) told the others about what im doing, not me myself wrote about it, like a notes/memo?

Kinda meh then xD
It tells people what quest you're in (and how full it is), while you can write your own message for people to see from the friends list.

I think it's definitely the best part of this update.

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2015, 08:28 AM
I really need last login info for friends list, so I can get rid of all these people who never seem to play anymore.
I don't understand how PSO2ES can have it but PSO2 does not.

Also, PSO2 sure looks a lot nicer in those saturated screenshots than actual game.

KazukiQZ
Jul 10, 2015, 08:49 AM
It tells people what quest you're in (and how full it is), while you can write your own message for people to see from the friends list.

Ah, so it will indeed work like I wish it to be. Thanks.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2015, 08:53 AM
I really need last login info for friends list, so I can get rid of all these people who never seem to play anymore.
I don't understand how PSO2ES can have it but PSO2 does not.

Also, PSO2 sure looks a lot nicer in those saturated screenshots than actual game.

This, for Team Members too please.

Chdata
Jul 10, 2015, 08:57 AM
umg Eruna-chan daisuki

(actually, Otone is more my type)

(Hmm, will Otone's outfit be available)

(Ryui mag pls)

Poyonche
Jul 10, 2015, 09:25 AM
I want Vinto Gigue craft : Allow you to rotate when charging the kick. PLEASE I NEED IT SO MUCH

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2015, 10:27 AM
I think I requested the login thing on the enquete, but I don't remember.

Terrence
Jul 10, 2015, 10:45 AM
I want Vinto Gigue craft : Allow you to rotate when charging the kick. PLEASE I NEED IT SO MUCH
Me... Need... This... Too. This is so annoying to be locked while kicking.

Flaoc
Jul 10, 2015, 10:57 AM

i think its the worst. considering i may be doing things i dont want others to see or know about. if anything we need a function that lets us appear offline

wefwq
Jul 10, 2015, 11:02 AM
I think I requested the login thing on the enquete, but I don't remember.
Me too, already put it in there several times but it end up being pso2es-only when it's released back then...

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2015, 11:36 AM
Cuz they're too busy making more ugly 13 stars that I don't want.
And most of the recent outfits etc look awful or boring too.

Vintasticvin
Jul 10, 2015, 11:56 AM
looks like its time to make my friendlist turn to 0 people

My friendlist is going to be so annoyed I'll get deleted xD This is gonna be sweeter and the upgraded Homing Emission is going to be even sweeter.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 10, 2015, 06:36 PM
Homing Emission Zero-Shiki (My favorite. Reduces the number of lockon points from 6 to 1, fires all 6 shots, and homes in on the target.)

Gg time to level RA.

starwind75043
Jul 10, 2015, 07:51 PM
Tanned Tea & Patty.......Im OK with this

Kondibon
Jul 10, 2015, 08:15 PM
Oh god, I was just thinking about how clunky HE is. But that carft...
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/632/577/774.gif

KazukiQZ
Jul 10, 2015, 08:32 PM
^lol

Also, don't forget super AoE + more damaging Divine Launcher. =w=)b

Cyber Meteor
Jul 10, 2015, 08:38 PM
don't forget super AoE + more damaging Divine Launcher. =w=)b

This a lot,also you can charge it, which mean the ennemy that attack or dodge randomly right when you shoot (press PA button i mean) won't be a problem anymore:-P (i can't count how many times it happens)

On a side note, that Sigure Repca F is kinda interesting i think it'll go well with 1 or 2 of my chars hehe!

Rakurai
Jul 10, 2015, 10:24 PM
If the charging on Divine Launcher occurs after the loading animation, that alone would be enough reason for me to pick it.

It's slow enough that weaker enemies will be dead by the time I even get the shot off at the moment.

Hrith
Jul 11, 2015, 05:02 AM
About time we got PA customisation. Slide Upper, Twister Fall, Homing Emission and Divine Launcher look really good. I hope SEGA realises how strong Homing Emission would be if all six projectiles hit the same target consistently and have the recipe nerf the damage, otherwise...

I hope we get more than just these, it's not enough even for something new. Also, bouncer weapons got the shaft; I hope this means they plan to release PAs 7~10 for dual blades and 4~6 for jet boots.

KazukiQZ
Jul 11, 2015, 06:58 AM
^I rewatched the livestream video, and from my observation, Homing Emission ZERO-STYLE will have 40PP instead of default 25. This may balance out the potential damage output HE can give.

Meanwhile, Divine Launcher retain its default 35PP usage. So maybe its demerit is something else?

Hrith
Jul 11, 2015, 07:07 AM
Charge time is a demerit, in a way. It's what launchers have needed for a while, though.

Rakurai
Jul 11, 2015, 07:14 AM
Increased PP cost seems like a fair trade-off for potentially massive burst DPS.

Hrith
Jul 14, 2015, 04:17 AM
We'll see soon enough. I hope PA customisation really does bring something new to the game. Too many PAs are currently pointless, and I have a lot of ideas about how to make them better that are not 'GIVE IT MOAR POWAR' >_> Hopefully SEGA's ideas are good and do not rely on simply allowing a PA to be charged...

Poyonche
Jul 14, 2015, 04:27 AM
Jetboots : You can now charge the charged Strike Gust !

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 14, 2015, 05:45 AM
We'll see soon enough. I hope PA customisation really does bring something new to the game. Too many PAs are currently pointless, and I have a lot of ideas about how to make them better that are not 'GIVE IT MOAR POWAR' >_> Hopefully SEGA's ideas are good and do not rely on simply allowing a PA to be charged...

I know what I would love to see would be a craft for kanran/fudo.

Katanas have the least efficient AOE outside of combat finish, and it doesn't look like the new PA will help that much. Kanran is fine up to SH, but beyond that, how pathetic it is in damage:PP spent for an AOE attack compared to at least every other S atk weapon starts to really show in XH/ult, and will have you wishing for your own personal zondeel.

I'd like a kanran/fudo craft that adds a quick jerk-in effect to targets hit like chaos riser does to have the option of following up with something efficient, in addition to their knockdown/stun without wishing you had a techer all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwlpnxUZsdA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwlpnxUZsdA

Lyrise
Jul 14, 2015, 09:14 PM
If anyone is interested, Sega just posted all of the valid swimwear for the Beach Wars 3 bonus here:

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20150722/03/01/

Nothing out of the ordinary, anything that pretty much resembles a swimsuit will apply. No towels, no fundoshi, and just because you saw screenshots of Katori wearing the airy summer dress, it does NOT apply for the bonus. That said, Summer Rappy suit will work for those who don't feel like revealing skin.

Bellion
Jul 14, 2015, 09:20 PM
Summer Rappies are the true heroes of this game.

Flaoc
Jul 14, 2015, 09:22 PM
Summer Rappies are the true heroes of this game.

amen.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 14, 2015, 09:33 PM
No towels, no fundoshi, and just because you saw screenshots of Katori wearing the airy summer dress, it does NOT apply for the bonus.

Looks good on her, but I have a hard time making it not look like a maternity dress :/

Rakurai
Jul 14, 2015, 10:13 PM
I'm going to assume story chapter 3-6 is the one where we get to fight Double and witness them taking on their Dark Falz form, since there aren't any story updates in the early fall schedule.

Maenara
Jul 15, 2015, 12:48 AM
I know what I would love to see would be a craft for kanran/fudo.

Katanas have the least efficient AOE outside of combat finish, and it doesn't look like the new PA will help that much. Kanran is fine up to SH, but beyond that, how pathetic it is in damage:PP spent for an AOE attack compared to at least every other S atk weapon starts to really show in XH/ult, and will have you wishing for your own personal zondeel.

I'd like a kanran/fudo craft that adds a quick jerk-in effect to targets hit like chaos riser does to have the option of following up with something efficient, in addition to their knockdown/stun without wishing you had a techer all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwlpnxUZsdA

By GOD it is such a terrible thing that each weapon has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Even more terrible? Classes do too!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 15, 2015, 01:00 AM
By GOD it is such a terrible thing that each weapon has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Even more terrible? Classes do too!

Can't tell if sarcasm, but in case it is, have you not noticed SEGA has been gradually taking weaknesses away from weapons?

Remember when daggers couldn't mob at all? Then they got bloody sarabande.

Remember when D sabers couldn't mob? Chaos riser.

Remember when partisans couldn't boss at all? Volg graptor.

Remember when tech damage was weaker, but FOs had everything else going for them from range to PP sustain? Yeah...

The list goes on.

Heaven forbid they all had glaring weaknesses, am I right?!

It was also pretty clear from katana design early on that they wanted katanas to be able to handle most things on its own because its braver's one S atk weapon. It makes even more sense now that 13* power is on another level, and there are none with multiclass properties.

To some game designers, they consider taking glaring weaknesses in a weapon away/mitigating them for the sake of allowing players to be fairly effective at what they choose in any situation a good thing.

To say anything to the effect of 'all weapons should have weakness', and then play Fi (who's every relevant weapon got PAs to cover their weaknesses) is ironic.

yoshiblue
Jul 15, 2015, 01:04 AM
In before katana gets across the room multi crit dashing. Kind of surprised that knuckles still doesn't get its own version of katana combat.

Qualia
Jul 15, 2015, 01:17 AM
Katana had OP shunka tho

RIP

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2015, 01:22 AM
Strengths, weaknesses, etcetra are only relevant in the context of the game environment.
PSO2 doesn't encourage much variation because of how it's designed.
I think the real problem is that enemies don't provide sufficient reason to use anything other than the same few effective kinds of attacks.
For bosses, it's whatever deals the most damage. For trash, its a combination of damage+range.

In other words, what I'm saying is I'd like to see more variation in terms of adapting to unique encounters, instead of simply damage and range.

wefwq
Jul 15, 2015, 01:30 AM
http://puu.sh/iZNyy.gif
I wonder if this PA become the next "go fast" PA.

Qualia
Jul 15, 2015, 01:41 AM
http://puu.sh/iZNyy.gif
I wonder if this PA become the next "go fast" PA.

Why is PP consumed twice, but the PA button only pressed once?

Maenara
Jul 15, 2015, 01:41 AM
Strengths, weaknesses, etcetra are only relevant in the context of the game environment.
PSO2 doesn't encourage much variation because of how it's designed.
I think the real problem is that enemies don't provide sufficient reason to use anything other than the same few effective kinds of attacks.
For bosses, it's whatever deals the most damage. For trash, its a combination of damage+range.

In other words, what I'm saying is I'd like to see more variation in terms of adapting to unique encounters, instead of simply damage and range.

Gu Wondas actively punished you for throwing melee PAs around blindly. Then they removed that. It was quite hilarious to see that post-nerf Gu Wonda Yugas were easier to kill than pre-nerf Gu Wondas.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 15, 2015, 01:45 AM

I think they're taking starwet-whatever-that-GS-PA-is-called and running with the concept.

Gu Wondas actively punished you for throwing melee PAs around blindly. Then they removed that. It was quite hilarious to see that post-nerf Gu Wonda Yugas were easier to kill than pre-nerf Gu Wondas.

At first, I thought it was silly, but then I played the game.

1 - FOs>>>>>>>melee ult lilipa without the shield punishment
2 - Could you imagine trying to play most melee classes in ult lilipa if they didn't remove the bounce-back in the first place? Do melee really need to be any more inferior to FOs in there?

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2015, 01:55 AM
Gu Wondas were super annoying when thrown in together with other enemies.
It basically meant you couldn't attack anything anywhere within their range.

Well, but what they could have done was given players an ability to attack their behind, like that new Katana PA seems to do.
But the underlying problem with that is it's a pain switching between PAs because of how PSO2 is set up.
The PA combo system gets in the way of encouraging the use of specific PAs.
And so does shit like limiting the number of palettes players have access to.

PA combo system basically defines PSO2's PAs as "part of a damage combo", moreso than unique abilities to use in specific situations.
What they could do, is add the ability to define "control palettes" (select PAs, like with Techs/guns) or "combo palettes" (like how melee palettes are now).
That way, melee users could bust out the PA they want to use, and also have combos available.
It'd give players a hell of a lot more control.
They could then introduce attacks that fit into either category. Imagine having Techs designed to fit into combo palettes.

wefwq
Jul 15, 2015, 02:10 AM
I don't know, or rather i just notice it.
Maybe the PA will require extra player prompt to execute the second slash which will consume additional PP?

Gu Wondas were super annoying when thrown in together with other enemies.
It basically meant you couldn't attack anything anywhere within their range.

Well, but what they could have done was given players an ability to attack their behind, like that new Katana PA seems to do.
But the underlying problem with that is it's a pain switching between PAs because of how PSO2 is set up.
The PA combo system gets in the way of encouraging the use of specific PAs.
And so does shit like limiting the number of palettes players have access to.

PA combo system basically defines PSO2's PAs as "part of a damage combo", moreso than unique abilities to use in specific situations.
What they could do, is add the ability to define "control palettes" (select PAs, like with Techs/guns) or "combo palettes" (like how melee palettes are now).
That way, melee users could bust out the PA they want to use, and also have combos available.
It'd give players a hell of a lot more control.
They could then introduce attacks that fit into either category. Imagine having Techs designed to fit into combo palettes.
Yeah, the combo system in this game are not as good as it sounds because of how it works.
Sometimes i wonder if they'll change the combo system, giving it more in-depth, detailed configurations for player to changes as their liking.
But i belive that the current "combo system" born are because, the fact that lacks of available buttons (gamepad/vita).
Can't keep palette switch while retaining Guard button.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 15, 2015, 02:11 AM
I don't know, or rather i just notice it.
Maybe the PA will require extra player prompt to execute the second slash which will consume for additional PP?

Most likely yes. We just got a PA like that for GS.

wefwq
Jul 15, 2015, 02:17 AM
Most likely yes. We just got a PA like that for GS.
If it's really happening, i can already see people would carry all class katana just for the dash...

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2015, 02:20 AM
Lack of buttons isn't really an issue if we can configure palette type in the lobby.
I mean, Rifle etc work fine on Vita and gamepad.

Besides, even if the game is designed for certain controls, it doesn't mean they can't accommodate other forms of control.
If they don't, it just means they're too lazy to do so.

Back in the old days, games used to often come with multiple control methods, and many ways to configure them.
Nowadays, it's more like "use this very specific setup, or go play something else". Not a fan of that mindset.
What makes games different from other forms of media is control, so it's particularly sad to see everyone dropping the ball in that area.

wefwq
Jul 15, 2015, 02:25 AM
Lack of buttons isn't really an issue if we can configure palette type in the lobby.
I mean, Rifle etc work fine on Vita and gamepad.

Besides, even if the game is designed for certain controls, it doesn't mean they can't accommodate other forms of control.
If they don't, it just means they're too lazy to do so.
Back in the old days, games used to often come with multiple control methods.
Nowadays, it's more like "use this specifically or go play something else". Not a fan of that mindset.
What makes games different from other forms of media is control, so it's particularly sad to see everyone dropping the ball in that area.
That's casualized gayme for ya.
I hope that they fix the retarded combo system.
I mean, in the end even that we able to setup 3 PAs as combo, majority of people would just setup 3 same PA straight for that palette.

They're trying to enfore people to make use of the combo system by implementing certain lantent and skill but that barely changes anything at all.

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2015, 02:26 AM
A lot of the PAs don't feel like they're designed for combo use, either.
There's no sense of fluidity between most PAs.

It's as if PSO2 really doesn't know what it wants to be.
Well, I've seen a lot of people make that exact complaint.

Maenara
Jul 15, 2015, 02:41 AM
I think they're taking starwet-whatever-that-GS-PA-is-called and running with the concept.

At first, I thought it was silly, but then I played the game.

1 - FOs>>>>>>>melee ult lilipa without the shield punishment
2 - Could you imagine trying to play most melee classes in ult lilipa if they didn't remove the bounce-back in the first place? Do melee really need to be any more inferior to FOs in there?

It's called Strezwei.

And Yuga Wondas aren't nearly common enough to make a difference in tiers here. Either way, Gu Wondas had their gimmick demoted to 'You can't attack from this direction', from 'you shouldn't even try'. It's a bad thing and it dumbs down the game. They should have made Yuga Wondas more formidable, not less. They could have easily done so by causing the shield to automatically reflect damage back on to ranged and tech users that hit it, up to a cap, like Anga's shield, except without the super-short range.

And people call Gu Wondas are annoying. They're only annoying because they're one of the very few enemies in the game where one actually has to change their strategy up.

Atmius
Jul 15, 2015, 02:55 AM
Wonda's were annoying because the shield is a lock on target. If you could break the shield, that would be a non issue, but you can't, so it was a really stupid decision.

Maenara
Jul 15, 2015, 02:56 AM
Wonda's were annoying because the shield is a lock on target. If you could break the shield, that would be a non issue, but you can't, so it was a really stupid decision.

Easily fixed instead of dropping the reeling-back system entirely, and besides my main point regardless.

Hrith
Jul 15, 2015, 07:52 AM
Yes... I liked the fact that shields bounced back melee weapons, but I also wished they had made shields destructible instead of removing the effect altogether =/

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 15, 2015, 07:58 AM
If it's really happening, i can already see people would carry all class katana just for the dash...

That would fall flat for anyone not maining/subbing Br unless we get a katana that has gurren tessen on it.

I just want it to have enough power so I could snatch JA -> one shot something in the horizon without charging, like pre-nerf shunka.