PDA

View Full Version : So, about the future of PSO2...

the_importer_
Jul 11, 2015, 07:57 PM
So, every month, SEGA is either releasing new ★12 and ★13 weapons or making a new EQs by mixing up existing enemies and bosses. I think it's clear that they're running out of ideas because the main elements of game itself (Free Fields, ARK Quest, Time Attack, Ext. Quests) can be done with ease by anyone with a class and a sub-class at Lv75 each.

Yes, we are getting a new chapter of the story as well as a Mag level cap increase this month. Now I don't know about you, but I can clear all of this over a weekend. So what else can they do, release new weapons? It's getting so bad that most people I talk to only hunt them for trophies, it's not about needing them anymore.

Only thing I could think of would to add XH difficulty for everything else in the game and increase the level cap to 80 or 85, this should add another 6 month or so of stuff to do.

Any thoughts on what they could add to the game?

BIG OLAF
Jul 11, 2015, 07:59 PM
14-16* weapons.

It's going to happen. Anyone who played PSP2/i knows this.

Shit, they may even go higher.

(probably make "Super Ultimate" difficulty, too)

Rakurai
Jul 11, 2015, 08:04 PM
It won't surprise me at all if Dark Falz Double has like 50 million HP compared to Loser's 25 million to compensate for all the power creep from the 13* being released.

Enemies in general need to be much more durable and perhaps even completely immune to flinching if they want things to be challenging.

wahahaha
Jul 11, 2015, 08:23 PM
Remake the game

strikerhunter
Jul 11, 2015, 08:26 PM
14-16* weapons.

Wouldn't be surprise if we see 20* by the end if the game's life.

@OP
I still hope something like Infinity Quest from PSP2i may come at one point.

ZynischQ
Jul 11, 2015, 08:27 PM
Remake the game

PSO3, coming 2024!

the_importer_
Jul 11, 2015, 08:53 PM
I don't claim to be an expert in online gaming, but I don't think other games would pretty much rinse and repeat the same formula every time. Any WoW current or ex-WoW players can tell us how Blizzard keeps their game from getting old after more than 10 years?

wefwq
Jul 11, 2015, 09:04 PM
They can keep adding new gameplay elements (system update) along with small stuff that keeps everyone interest up, but of course it will not hold up for too long as the replay value was too low they have to keep adding stuff if not people will leave sooner.
The problem is, instead of offering variation, they just adding same stuff with different label so people will play the new content, but will not hold out too long and get bored with it extremly fast.

I'd rather have them releasing huge patch to overhaul the game tbh, first EP3 update really did a great job to shift gameplay elements to balance stuff (even if it's still huge clusterfuck though), removing inane restriction and keep player flexibility to the top tier, since the game rounded around various player customizations.

The Walrus
Jul 11, 2015, 09:56 PM
Remake the game

I was gonna write a long post about how to fix it, but this pretty much sums up what I was gonna say >.>

LunaSolstice
Jul 11, 2015, 11:31 PM
Level cap 100 lol

xBM
Jul 11, 2015, 11:40 PM
I really want Sega to put some previous bosses from other Phantasy Star series in this game as EQ's or LQ's.

I enjoyed fighting against Orga Spiritos and Orga Angelus/Anastasis on PSPo2. I also like Dark Falz Dios fight on PSPo2i.

Plus they have that EQ vibe in them since they're pretty big bosses.

Also, considering this game is almost 30GB, it doesn't have much content as I thought it would have.

xBM
Jul 12, 2015, 12:06 AM
14-16* weapons.

You know, I actually would like to see the Infinity system in PSO2 like the one on PSPo2i. That means PSO2 would have more replayability.

strikerhunter
Jul 12, 2015, 12:17 AM
I really want Sega to put some previous bosses from other Phantasy Star series in this game as EQ's or LQ's.

I enjoyed fighting against Orga Spiritos and Orga Angelus/Anastasis on PSPo2. I also like Dark Falz Dios fight on PSPo2i.

Plus they have that EQ vibe in them since they're pretty big bosses.

Also, considering this game is almost 30GB, it doesn't have much content as I thought it would have.

Yea and watch it be underwhelming than the originals like what happened to Gal.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 12, 2015, 01:16 AM
I don't claim to be an expert in online gaming, but I don't think other games would pretty much rinse and repeat the same formula every time. Any WoW current or ex-WoW players can tell us how Blizzard keeps their game from getting old after more than 10 years?

To some extent... they don't. They keep trying to make the next Ulduar with every second raid tier in each expansion.

But it does feel like they're experimenting more with the recent expansions. Then again, changing things up a lot isn't always good. There's some pretty harsh criticism of Garrisons, for example.

TaigaUC
Jul 12, 2015, 06:28 AM
I stopped playing WoW before Lich King.
Around the time I quit, they basically kept scaling loot and adding new raid dungeons, and I heard they added more "heroic" (eg. high difficulty) versions of old dungeons.
The dungeons were pretty fun. I always found raids to be boring, though. They put me to sleep.

I think they've always added new PvP stuff as well, for both Battlegrounds and Arena.

With Lich King expansion, they added the entire northern continent, which of course has to be a lot of content, with new quests, dungeons, items, class/race?, etc.
Notice how they tend to add a huge amount of things at one time? Not this trickle dripfeed crap.
From what I heard, they also revamped all the classes and races, streamlining and simplifying lots of the gameplay (eg. instead of multiple buffs, they condensed them into few).
I heard they also made more class talent tree variations viable. You know, instead of discouraging mix and matching like PSO2 seems to like doing.

That's just what I heard, anyway. As I said, I quit before Lich King.
I don't know anything about Cataclysm.

suzaku0zero0
Jul 12, 2015, 07:06 AM
They should add a pvp system or some kind of red vs blue equivalent, but using ur teams

Essentially maps that enables team vs team (with maybe some reistriction e.g. Each team member must be a different main class)

That would solve ur bordom of pso2 repetitive updates

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2015, 07:09 AM
They should add a pvp system or some kind of red vs blue equivalent, but using ur teams

Essentially maps that enables team vs team (with maybe some reistriction e.g. Each team member must be a different main class)

There isn't any interest for PvP content

wefwq
Jul 12, 2015, 07:15 AM
So like lobby soccer?
No one wants "stay away while im casting my powerful tech" PvP.
PvP was included in player survey for several times, but it never gets added to the game so that means the interest was really that low.

TaigaUC
Jul 12, 2015, 07:57 AM
PvP is something you have to think about from day one.
PSO2 is designed in such a way that there is no way they could have competitive PvP with the way the classes and weapons currently are.

I don't really like PvP, but there were times in WoW where it was very fun and satisfying.
It'd be nice to be able to have those kinds of experiences in PSO2.
Those would be possible if they focused more on exciting encounters instead of f'kn drops.
I mean, to some degree, it's not necessary to have player opponents.

AlVaRo0515
Jul 12, 2015, 10:19 AM
PvP wouldn't work work on pso2 because... FO. If you really want competitive play, there's Time Attack quests. It really drives you to improve your gear and knowledge of the game . 3.

the_importer_
Jul 12, 2015, 10:56 AM
PvP wouldn't work work on pso2 because... FO. If you really want competitive play, there's Time Attack quests. It really drives you to improve your gear and knowledge of the game . 3.

Ya, I can just picture myself spamming RaFoie or smashing in everyone using IlZonde :)

Remember PvP in PSO1, being a Fo and using Grants :p

Z-0
Jul 12, 2015, 11:14 AM
Rinsing and repeating the same formula is perfectly fine, assuming the same formula actually holds peoples' attention for a while while adding some adjustments to keep it fresh and varied.

All PSO2 V2 really did was add Ultimate, new drops and 100 more levels (along with new quests), whereas PSP2 Infinity also did the same thing, by basically adding a bunch more items to hunt and more quests to play in (along with a prestiege system so you could keep levelling).

However, PSO2 falls flat in that it has random quests and everything is similar to each other. Nothing really has its own flavour or feeling (does anybody go "I prefer to play x map instead of y because z"? Not really, every map is more or less the same with very slight differences), as everything is just blocks that spawn some enemies randomly, causing everything to feel the same after a while and making burn out come a lot faster than previous games of the series.

It's clear that SEGA doesn't want to change up this terrible design flaw though, and just tries to keep players occupied with timeslotted Emergency Quests with too big rewards and slight differences in them. PSO2 is always going to go on most likely because of the huge fashion approach that keeps people around, but gameplay wise it is absolutely horrible as there's no variety in things to do outside of EQ timeslots since everything is exactly the same. More drops or levels isn't going to do anything because people will just wait for the Emergency Quest which gives 5683958 EXP or drops said item at a really easy rate, since hunting in this game cannot be optimised and is too much at the mercy of RNG maps.

Everyone is constantly asking for "new" things because they want something else to do, but anything new is usually just the same as something before but with a different appearance in this game, nothing really "new".

ShinMaruku
Jul 12, 2015, 11:28 AM
Sega does not want to change that up because it's blowing up their whole old game. HOWEVER. If their Atlus branch makes some good gwap and there is derisking Hint:Bug Gio Corsi on twitter
They could actually blow up PSO2 and actually make a great game off the base.

wefwq
Jul 12, 2015, 11:29 AM
Sega does not want to change that up because it's blowing up their whole old game. HOWEVER. If their Atlus branch makes some good gwap and there is derisking Hint:Bug Gio Corsi on twitter
PSO3 then?

ShinMaruku
Jul 12, 2015, 12:27 PM
Is PSO2 4 year old? If so, yes.

wefwq
Jul 12, 2015, 12:29 PM
Is PSO2 4 year old? If so, yes.
but muh decade support tho!

Lyrise
Jul 12, 2015, 12:41 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's badgering the head of Sony's Third Party productions going to do? Especially since PSO2's relative link to Sony is for a platform that the west has acknowledged as pretty much dead?

ShinMaruku
Jul 12, 2015, 12:47 PM
If those fuckers can bring back Shenmue, them dersiking PSO would be good. Now NOT PSO2 a new project. Nobody in the west wants the shit in pso2. :P

Oh and fuck 'decade' of support. Look at Wow and Destiny. They are shit. :P

annieruru91
Jul 12, 2015, 02:13 PM
reborn and guild war (team war?)

Great Pan
Jul 12, 2015, 07:26 PM
PVP, with nerfing ranged classes to the ground and buff HU to OP tier.

Utterly Vile
Jul 12, 2015, 07:36 PM
Quite a few things can be implemented from the old into the new to extend the games longevity. Like the reintroduction of the older classes remastered. I for one would love to see (Protranser, Vanguard, and Beast) brought back into the game. Extend the lobby action look into another base perhaps. Then give your SUV it's own skill tree with camo variety. And finally give me my "Black Beast" with dual Axes darn it!!!!! :D

Achelousaurus
Jul 13, 2015, 04:29 AM
Rinsing and repeating the same formula is perfectly fine, assuming the same formula actually holds peoples' attention for a while while adding some adjustments to keep it fresh and varied.

All PSO2 V2 really did was add Ultimate, new drops and 100 more levels (along with new quests), whereas PSP2 Infinity also did the same thing, by basically adding a bunch more items to hunt and more quests to play in (along with a prestiege system so you could keep levelling).

However, PSO2 falls flat in that it has random quests and everything is similar to each other. Nothing really has its own flavour or feeling (does anybody go "I prefer to play x map instead of y because z"? Not really, every map is more or less the same with very slight differences), as everything is just blocks that spawn some enemies randomly, causing everything to feel the same after a while and making burn out come a lot faster than previous games of the series.

It's clear that SEGA doesn't want to change up this terrible design flaw though, and just tries to keep players occupied with timeslotted Emergency Quests with too big rewards and slight differences in them. PSO2 is always going to go on most likely because of the huge fashion approach that keeps people around, but gameplay wise it is absolutely horrible as there's no variety in things to do outside of EQ timeslots since everything is exactly the same. More drops or levels isn't going to do anything because people will just wait for the Emergency Quest which gives 5683958 EXP or drops said item at a really easy rate, since hunting in this game cannot be optimised and is too much at the mercy of RNG maps.

Everyone is constantly asking for "new" things because they want something else to do, but anything new is usually just the same as something before but with a different appearance in this game, nothing really "new".
Yeah.
Every area has basically the same 3 arks quests with only minor variations.
Not to mention that all of it is super short. In PSOBB it took a while to get through an area, mostly cause cause you needed to kill every single enemy ever.
Not having to do that is very good, not needing 10 minutes to catch up to others from the beginning is good, but nonetheless this means there is almost no point in doing any arks quest or exploration unless you got a co for it.
Hence daily quest meseta boost to make people play these again and not ignore them entirely for all the actually rewarding content.
And since this game is so much more focused on rewards than psobb (mostly cause some content gives very little while other content gives 10-20 times more), it feels incredibly pointless to even bother with free/arks quests outside of dailies.

And another big problem is that there are so many gameplay issues that sega doesn't care about.
Here is another area/boss that is a huge bother for melee. Here is another stupid pa/skill that screws up the last trace of balance.
Ra too important for WB? Lets give it to everyone in the eq!
That makes for some really annoying setups. Don't use ra yourself easily > find yourself in an mpa without it and it's a drag.

Things like this greatly reduce the quality of the game, causing the current content to be not good enough for endless recycling.

If the basics were truly good, recycled stuff and direct upgrades would be all we need.

At the moment it feels like giving an injured man more bandages and more painkillers but refusing to actually fix the injuries.

isCasted
Jul 13, 2015, 05:03 AM
Mate heals and step attack JAs are too slow - make those skills for Braver.

Break Stance has no use - make a skill that makes people realise how pitiful it actually is.

There's too much load on the servers - make new PAs that trigger damage calculation 6 times per second.

Fo/Te is underused - make new techs that are actually stronger as other class combos.

And, from latest livestream: Bullet Squall hits hitboxes on the bottom? Make new enemies have weak spots on the bottom!

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jul 13, 2015, 03:22 PM
When they had released XH, I knew then that they were making room for advancements in the future because I had originally expected the release of Ultimate Mode... not an Ultimate Quest.

It appears that they're taking the development of the game quite slow which isn't a bad idea at all, but just as I expected 12* passes this time around, I still feel like they're planning something big.

Perhaps Ultimate Mode is right around the corner after all. I look forward to what comes next.
Indeed, I may just take PSO2 more seriously and actually try.

They sure made it easier to att grind 12*s for some reason.

Sacrificial
Jul 13, 2015, 07:47 PM
An in game pso(2) based trading card game like psoES badges. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mattykins
Jul 13, 2015, 09:52 PM
Iunno, I just wish there was a game as fluid and streamlined as PSO2, but as grand and satisfying as PSO1.

Like, it feels like with any franchise, after a while the games just kinda become like... Robotic? Jilted? They lose their soul after a while. Like fast food vidya. PSO2 just being a FtP MMO just makes it worse :\

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2015, 09:34 PM
Refine old mechanics, introduce new mechanics, and encourage unique builds instead of penalizing them.

Chdata
Jul 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
They need to make a single party mode that bans the usage of moons, but has really good rewards.

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 09:57 PM
does anybody go "I prefer to play x map instead of y because z"?

We can't, because we have no choice but to wait for goddamn EQs to occur.
That's where the meat of PSO2's variance is.

A. Zerran
Jul 20, 2015, 05:48 AM
I think the game should be possibly remade. Maybe have an offline single player option? Some people just want to level up their characters alone sometimes or play alone...or play with AI partners.

I don't know what to think really. Honestly, I'm looking forward to finally facing against Dark Falz Double. The twins will hopefully be a great fight, but...we really need some more solid gameplay elements that aren't repeats or similar events. Maybe add Beasts? Probably won't help or make it worse, but hey, just my thoughts.