PDA

View Full Version : Current Class combo tier list

Snapback
Jul 14, 2015, 10:43 PM
Is there a tier list in terms of 1v1 dps and aoe dps?

wefwq
Jul 14, 2015, 11:00 PM
feelan incoming flame war to defend their own faction :^)

Gwyndolin
Jul 14, 2015, 11:02 PM
Popcorn freshly popped and I'm in my comfy divan... this is going to be good! lol

wahahaha
Jul 14, 2015, 11:04 PM
FI / BR
Evil sword
Limit break only
Ultimate quest

yoshiblue
Jul 14, 2015, 11:07 PM
1.) Gunslash Pure

2.) Gunslash + those other weapons

3.) Bear Handed Gunslash Kick Boxer

4.) Gunslash Spirit Animal Summoner.

Really I don't know. It changes with every patch and update. Rip Shunka heroes.

arublast
Jul 14, 2015, 11:17 PM
:) S tier: Hu/Fo :)

jiasu73
Jul 14, 2015, 11:47 PM
SSSSS: Challenger

sol_trigger
Jul 14, 2015, 11:55 PM
weak bullet

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 15, 2015, 12:26 AM
fo/te te/fo and everything else with hunter as sub

Feyua
Jul 15, 2015, 12:49 AM
weak bullet

:beer:

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2015, 01:39 AM
I don't use 13 stars, so I've no idea how those factor in.

General observations:
- Fire Fo/Te seems great for everything below XH (ie, enemies die quick, so you don't use much PP). Fire is also effective in Ultimate Lilipa.
- Ice Fo/Te feels great for general purpose, but lacks the burst damage of Fire. Il Barta very effective if other Ice users present.
- Fi/Hu, in particular Partisan Volg Raptor combos, seems to be the strongest melee?
- Fi/Bo seems to be a popular powerful combination.
- Dual Blades in general still seem to be very popular.
- Chain Trigger and/or Banish Arrow related combinations are still powerful versus bosses.
- Sword seems to be pretty good for lengthy battles, but too slow for short battles.
- Holding Current is still effective on bosses that don't move.
- Knuckles is much better now, but still somewhat lacking in AOE.
- Katana feels like its damage output is a little too low in comparison to other weapons.
- Twin Gun Satellite Aim vs boss feels powerful, but not sure about Twin Gun in other situations.
- I've been told that Dual Blades are generally more powerful than Jet Boots.
- Currently not much point in using Techer for casting. Melee Techer is sufficiently powerful in general.

Recent content relies too much on Weak Bullet.

Just going by feel, if I had to make a Tier List, I guess it'd be something like this?
1. Fi/Hu (Partisan + Limit Break, good for mobs and bosses).
2. Techer wand swinging (amazing for gatherable mobs, not so great on bosses).
3. Chain Trigger/Banish Arrow combos (Bow, Twin Gun, etc), great for bosses.
4. Dual Blades, for general usage.
5. Fire/Ice Fo/Te, for general use (less effective on bosses?)
6. Holding Current, for bosses.
7. Sword (seems best for Ultimate)
8. Knuckles, for bosses?

Why I didn't include Rifle/Bow stuff? Because it feels like they take too much time to set up now.
We're at a point where stuff usually dies before Rifle/Bow gets a chance. Launcher is probably too slow, too.

Rayden
Jul 15, 2015, 07:06 AM
For mobbing, Techer's the number one class.

Scale of Judgment
Jul 15, 2015, 01:16 PM
The obvious answer is AIS class.

The Walrus
Jul 15, 2015, 01:23 PM
The obvious answer is AIS class.

Dis guy gets it

Great Pan
Jul 15, 2015, 07:56 PM
Nonsense, Leecher class is the best.

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2015, 09:20 PM
HUmar is best class.

InvertedWyvern
Jul 15, 2015, 09:38 PM
So what would be the laziest then?

nguuuquaaa
Jul 15, 2015, 10:57 PM
- Sword seems to be pretty good for lengthy battles, but too slow for short battles.

Why I didn't include Rifle/Bow stuff? Because it feels like they take too much time to set up now.
We're at a point where stuff usually dies before Rifle/Bow gets a chance. Launcher is probably too slow, too.

Do you have something against rifle/bow/launcher stuff? :wacko:

suzaku0zero0
Jul 16, 2015, 12:00 AM
Just recently used ra/br and found its slow for killing and needs time to set up for lots of damage

But it's very flexible with its new skills on tree to flip from wb dispensing to high damage output during wb cd e.g. Bow last nemises

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2015, 01:39 AM
So what would be the laziest then?Te/Hu full tank build. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2015, 02:35 AM
Forgot to list Techer wand for mobbing.

Do you have something against rifle/bow/launcher stuff? :wacko:

Don't jump to strange conclusions. There's more to reasoning than simply like or hate.
Ra/Br is one of the class combos I use most.
I previously listed it as best, because it's versatile, has great support, and can deal huge damage.

But, as I said, I feel melee has been getting better and faster to the point that the scales have tipped.
When I'm doing Magatsu, I feel I do the most damage with Fi/Hu and Gu/Br. I used to always do Magatsu as Ra/Br.
Note that part of the reason long-range may feel weaker against Magatsu is because of the reduced damage when firing from long distance.
Also, going from what people have been saying here, and what I've seen from other players in-game, not many people use those weapons nowadays.
Perhaps people are just getting sick of them?

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I didn't say that Ranger combinations are bad, just slower than before.
I've been using Ra/Br on Elder Luther, and doing huge amounts of damage.
But I often use Penetrate Arrow spam over Last Nemesis because Nemesis is riskier and takes too long.

I said sword feels too slow because whenever I try using it outside of Ultimate, everything dies before I can do anything.

red1228
Jul 16, 2015, 03:07 AM
I said sword feels too slow because whenever I try using it outside of Ultimate, everything dies before I can do anything.

As a Sword-Hunter main, I kinda agree with this. If I'm in a group on SH or lower, I will often spend more time trying to find a target that isn't already dead by the time I run Guilty Break up to it. Nevermind trying to find something to use Sacrifice Bite on.

But in Ultimate, things aren't being 1shotted by Force or instantly ClusterFucked by Wand-Techers. That's where Sword can shine. Especially if you have some combination of Automate, Massive Hunter or Vampiric Blade weapon potential & can just keep on trucking. 8-)

Poyonche
Jul 16, 2015, 03:18 AM
That's where Sword can shine. Especially if you have some combination of Automate, Massive Hunter or Vampiric Blade weapon potential & can just keep on trucking. 8-)

By Ride Slashing or Over Ending in the mob pack. 8-)

Shadix
Jul 16, 2015, 03:39 AM
Remember when GU / HU was good?

Poyonche
Jul 16, 2015, 04:31 AM
Oh yeah, when ranged multipliers of Fury Stance where as high as striking (or close to ?) multipliers. And when S-Roll JA Bonus was 200%...

When the only palette you needed was Elder Rebellion x 3 and Infinite Fire x 3

Aine
Jul 16, 2015, 07:00 AM
BrGu/GuBr still deletes magatsu and elder/luther

nguuuquaaa
Jul 16, 2015, 10:05 AM

It's a joke, sorry. But I feel that rifles are still very good, at least in UQ or the current LQ.

Z-0
Jul 16, 2015, 01:47 PM
FoTe is best overall, TeBr is a close second (slightly worse mobbing due to less options, but better bossing due to Rikauteri Banish arrow).

BrGu is the best bossing class. FiHu is strong, but not even close to BrGu done properly.

But to just rank the mains (so you're using them in general, so BrGu doesn't count):

1. Fo
2. Te
3. Fi

4. Ra
5. Hu

6. Bo
7. Br
8. Gu

Bottom 3 are probably debatable, don't know how I'd order them, they're all rather lackluster compared to the other 5 unfortunately for general play.

Probably anyway. Not sure why there supposedly has to be a flame war about this topic. At the end of the day though it depends on what you're doing.

lemonlight16
Jul 16, 2015, 06:05 PM
what about te/hu and te/fi bossing, are those lagging behind te/br?

Sayara
Jul 16, 2015, 06:09 PM
I think TE/br has more flat damage of the Melee TEs, xHU is bulkier, and xFI is situationally burst or something.

RealKillaK
Jul 16, 2015, 06:56 PM
FoTe is best overall, TeBr is a close second (slightly worse mobbing due to less options, but better bossing due to Rikauteri Banish arrow).

BrGu is the best bossing class. FiHu is strong, but not even close to BrGu done properly.

But to just rank the mains (so you're using them in general, so BrGu doesn't count):

1. Fo
2. Te
3. Fi

4. Ra
5. Hu

6. Bo
7. Br
8. Gu

Bottom 3 are probably debatable, don't know how I'd order them, they're all rather lackluster compared to the other 5 unfortunately for general play.

Probably anyway. Not sure why there supposedly has to be a flame war about this topic. At the end of the day though it depends on what you're doing.

BO not at the bottom ignore everything this casual says.

Dephinix
Jul 16, 2015, 07:07 PM
How is Fo/Te best overall? I am actually puzzled by this, unless you mean consistently switching trees every mission, but even then, I'm still unclear.

Oh yeah, when ranged multipliers of Fury Stance where as high as striking (or close to ?) multipliers. And when S-Roll JA Bonus was 200%...

When the only palette you needed was Elder Rebellion x 3 and Infinite Fire x 3

I thought ranged was always 10% behind striking, in which case... nothing really changed.

Bellion
Jul 16, 2015, 07:14 PM
Fury Stance for Ranged and Striking were equivalent for a day or two, and then Ranged got nerfed by 10%!

Maenara
Jul 16, 2015, 08:13 PM
Remember when GU / HU was good?

FI/GU is pretty alright with a crafted Fuuga Dan. Depending on values and if 12* crafting comes to exist, Blitz Fender's new potential might make the class combo even better.

GHNeko
Jul 17, 2015, 10:50 AM
FI/GU has horribly fickle damage though.

Espri
Jul 18, 2015, 04:00 AM
What is it exactly that makes Fi/Gu any better than Gu/Ra?

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 04:38 AM
In terms of usefulness, necessity, damage, etc...
1. Weak Bullet <- the one ability in the entire game that causes people to leave if it's absent (bad game design)
2. AIS <- hits hard, moves fast, can fly, etc... makes gear, class, level, skills, etc all irrelevant (ie. reduces chances of people sucking)
3. Limit Break <- big damage boost, but risky
4. Chain Trigger <- super-effective in parties, and on bosses like Magatsu that are easy to maintain the chain (are there any other bosses like that?)
5. Volg Raptor/Banish Arrow <- big damage, if used properly
6. Wand Gear/Stance <- wipe out mobs
7. Photon Fever <- big focused damage

Something like that.

No idea how I'd rank Techs.
I tend to use Foie/SaFoie because I'm lazy to regenerate PP otherwise.
I like how effortless NaBarta can be. Just sit in front of enemies and spray them in the face.
Oh yeah, and I hear casters like to hang around in SH and Fomelgion everything.

The thing to keep in mind with lists is, they don't define the distance between each number.
And of course, there are a lot of factors that vary. Gear, player skill, lag, which quests/bosses they're doing, etc.
It's very difficult, if not impossible to create a definite/absolute list or order.
So, people shouldn't be raging over not seeing their favorites mentioned.
Just take note of people's experiences as a very rough guideline on what's useful and effective.

Flaoc
Jul 18, 2015, 12:10 PM
saw a list on 2ch where they rank weapons based on their bossing capabilities

http://yomogi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1437220314/l50

google translate version:

[PSO2] weapon ranking [versus boss] [Reprinted ban] © 2ch.net

S rank knuckle, Barettobou (bullet bow)

A rank partisan, dual blade, assault rifle, twin machine gun

B rank Sword, wire-de-Lans (wired lance), twin dagger, double Saber, Gansura(gunslash?), Katana, jet boots

C rank launcher, rod, Thalys(talis), Wand

Paruchi The A to inferior and is proud of the strongest compared with the overall Look PP around, such as poor have the same melee weapon knuckle Place to Magatsu.

D blur no persistence in Ki There limit skill, AR, TMG is good command if S equivalent

C rank rank in Sotai-teki because it has all those strong in basically small fish warfare under

Tech is complex, A considerable in certain of such converters

Chdata
Jul 18, 2015, 12:40 PM
lol, but the more important part is mobbing capabilities - that's the majority of the actual game

Xaelouse
Jul 18, 2015, 02:14 PM
That's becoming less true the more they keep throwing boss fight EQs, harukotan maps, and things like the current LQ at us. That's a bit over half the encounters being bosses/big HP zondeel-immune mobs.

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 02:42 PM
Yeah, when I actually play PSO2 (ie. not idling) I mostly just do bosses. Or Despair. Or Naberius 2.

Last time I tried, I had trouble soloing bosses as Fire Fo/Te. IlFoie is too situational, I think.
Ice wasn't bad. IlBarta and NaBarta do a pretty good job of flattening bosses.

Chdata
Jul 18, 2015, 02:54 PM
i never have much trouble soloing bosses as fote, rather, I use that if I want an easy time

they need to make a custom guardinane with its own zondeel that pops if you use lightning techs on it

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 04:10 PM
Well, there you go. Regardless of whatever's good or not, it still comes down to the player.

pkemr4
Jul 18, 2015, 04:14 PM
in regards to Fi/Gu it really shines in magatsus with chained Backhand smash spam

Kondibon
Jul 18, 2015, 05:22 PM
i never have much trouble soloing bosses as fote, rather, I use that if I want an easy time

I think most people's idea of having a hard time with a boss means taking longer for whatever reason.

Sinon
Jul 18, 2015, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f67NgJaIuIU

Selphea
Jul 18, 2015, 05:52 PM
saw a list on 2ch where they rank weapons based on their bossing capabilities

http://yomogi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1437220314/l50

google translate version:

[PSO2] weapon ranking [versus boss] [Reprinted ban] © 2ch.net

S rank knuckle, Barettobou (bullet bow)

A rank partisan, dual blade, assault rifle, twin machine gun

B rank Sword, wire-de-Lans (wired lance), twin dagger, double Saber, Gansura(gunslash?), Katana, jet boots

C rank launcher, rod, Thalys(talis), Wand

Paruchi The A to inferior and is proud of the strongest compared with the overall Look PP around, such as poor have the same melee weapon knuckle Place to Magatsu.

D blur no persistence in Ki There limit skill, AR, TMG is good command if S equivalent

C rank rank in Sotai-teki because it has all those strong in basically small fish warfare under

Tech is complex, A considerable in certain of such converters

The notes, from what I gather, are:

Partisan is strongest in Maggy but in the context of the entire game, the poor PP management puts it behind competing close range weapons, namely, Knuckles (I don't really play Hunter so does Partisan really have poor PP management?)
Dual Blades are limited by their cooldown (i.e. PBF), so their sustain is weak
AR and TMG in skilled hands are S rank
The C-rank weapons are specialized in mobbing
Techs are complicated. With Combination techs factored in, they might be considered A-rank.

Don't really play Hunter so can't comment on Partisan, but the rest of it sounds about right.

I think the usual methodology for making a tier list would be to match all candidates vs a set of situations and score them based on criteria that can be represented in one dimension. In a PvP game, the situations are essentially matchups vs other candidates but that doesn't apply to PSO2.

So that probably means a table with two columns. One column would be quests like Maggy, Elder/Loser, TD1, Gryphon LQ, Lilipa UQ etc, the other column would be the classes like Hu/Fi, Fi/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Ra, Fo/Te, Fo/Br, Te/Hu, Te/Br, Fi/Br, Ra/Br, Br/Hu, Fi/Bo, Bo/Hu etc.

The criteria is hard to define though. If it's simply DPS, skills like WB and Territory Burst Zondeel that don't necessarily increase personal DPS aren't represented. Second thing is how to measure DPS.

Another thing is should they be judged in a premade setting where things like perfect Zondeels on spawn can be expected or pug setting which tends to be messier?

And then there's the question of how to factor in TAs, where on one hand they're pretty much the only competitive content, but on the other they're one difficulty level behind and there's not much reward to having a short TA time.

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 11:53 PM
What Selphea said.

Volg -> Pick Up Throw doesn't use much PP, and Partisan attacks are pretty quick, but they don't seem to regenerate much PP per swing.
Knuckles probably is faster in PP management now.
I also hate having to wait for the pose to rebuild the Partisan gear. Holding shift to recharge gear feels slow, too. Can't regenerate PP during that time.
As Bo/Hu, when Photon Fever and Rapid Boost are down, I sometimes use Partisan Volg combos.

@Kondibon
Yeah, it feels like it takes forever to kill Vol, Caters and Quartz in Sanctum TA as Fire Fo/Te.
The longer a boss is up and running, the more time they have to do annoying stuff, like Vol changing forms and Quartz ramming non-stop = harder.
With other setups, I can usually stun-lock them to prevent messy situations.

But then, I don't feel super confident in how I play Fo/Te, so maybe i'm just not doing it properly.
Been a while since I gave it a try, too. My gear is outdated (Psycho Wand/Beltrodan, no 13 stars).

LonelyGaruga
Jul 19, 2015, 12:03 AM
Yeah, it feels like it takes forever to kill Vol, Caters and Quartz in Sanctum TA as Fire Fo/Te.

Well there's your problem. Should be using ice and dark techs in Sanctum. Dunno why people divide Fo/Te into different elements as a class either, that makes no sense. Should be looking at the class' abilities as a whole, not with just one element.

Kondibon
Jul 19, 2015, 12:23 AM
@Kondibon
The longer a boss is up and running, the more time they have to do annoying stuff, like Vol changing forms and Quartz ramming non-stop = harder.
With other setups, I can usually stun-lock them to prevent messy situations.
That's true. I'm just kinda used to things taking a while regardless of what class I play. I learned a while back, but keep forgetting, that the game is entirely different if you're strong enough to oneshot mobs and stunlock bosses.

Well there's your problem. Should be using ice and dark techs in Sanctum. Dunno why people divide Fo/Te into different elements as a class either, that makes no sense. Should be looking at the class' abilities as a whole, not with just one element.I would assume Taiga doesn't play Fo/Te often so doesn't have multiple skill trees. But I dunno. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 09:18 PM
I have two trees, Fire+Light and Ice+Wind, basically.
After having trouble doing Sanctum as fire, I only do it as ice now.

I thought part of the problem was that fire doesn't have as great a boss killer as Il Barta.
From experience, Il Foie is difficult to set up and hit specific weak points.

And yeah, I don't play Fo/Te often. It bores me really quickly, for some reason.
Not a fan of the charge casting, slow dodge, etc. I guess there isn't enough variance to keep my attention.
Building up towards combination techs adds a little variance, but it's not enough.

I actually enjoy non-charge caster (ie. Elysion) more. Wish they made that a viable playstyle instead of making it obsolete.
It'd be like how people originally expected Techer to be - a quick caster with melee... instead of being just melee, or just a shittier Force.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 19, 2015, 10:59 PM
Ilfoie is not a boss killer to begin with so I don't know why you're bringing that up. Safoie and Nafoie (mainly Nafoie) are the fire techs you should be using on bosses.

It rather sounds like you're judging classes without learning them to be honest. It's one thing if you get bored of playing it, but you probably aren't playing it "correctly" to begin with, which would naturally affect your opinion of the class. Do you watch any gameplay of classes? Own experience + gameplay videos >>>>> own experience alone.

Ryu Soma
Jul 20, 2015, 04:08 AM
HUmar is best class.
This. That man knows his stuff.