PDA

View Full Version : Back after a while: Bouncer, 13-star weapons, etc.

gaijin_punch
Jul 14, 2015, 11:20 PM
I moved back to the states from Japan. I had to get my life together and also didn't want to dick around w/all the proxy mess, so hadn't logged in until last month. I got a few weeks in, but a few things are still foreign.

For the record, I played up until about 2 days before Episode 3 was released.

Quick stuff:
Will probably try Bouncer out as I have both Tech & Pow mags. If I use the boots, I assume I'll want to use the tech mag, and affix Elder Soul + Tech III and all that jazz? How do the techs work? Is Force the more common subclass or Techer?

Affixing: Wow -- this is way easier now. You can use 5 fodders?

Ilmegid: I guess this is outdated... I rarely see it.

Gauge Booster skills: Worth the SP?

Not so quick:
I'll get at least one of these 13-star weapons from Shi... maybe a 2nd. Note that I had a ton of stuff left over (and it looks like they gave me a bunch of shougo (title) items a second time). As such, I got a Bio weapon, and can get another (probably any). I also have enough stones from the Advanced Quest to get either the Boots or Twin Swords.

The rod for Force seems like a no-brainer. The 2nd one, not sure. Katana maybe? I have a pretty tricked out Dalzentou. For fighter I'm pretty content with the Niren Kamui even though it's so common now. Thoughts?

The Boots of Seraphy look interesting. I assume these are the equivalent of the Elusion, which would mean you'd have a specific build that doesn't give bonuses for charged techs. Not seen anyone use them though, and honestly I don't know much about Bouncer other than what I've seen. Would like to try something new though.

EDIT: Looks like if you use the Boots of Seraphy you'd want to sub Force and take Normal Tech Advance to 10.

Sorry if that got out of hand. Cheers.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 15, 2015, 01:05 AM
Quick stuff:
Will probably try Bouncer out as I have both Tech & Pow mags. If I use the boots, I assume I'll want to use the tech mag, and affix Elder Soul + Tech III and all that jazz? How do the techs work? Is Force the more common subclass or Techer?

Depends on your class combo. Bouncer/Fighter will get more mileage out of a T-ATK Mag. If you want to go Bouncer/Hunter for more bulk, you'll definitely want to make use of an S-ATK Mag and Switch Strike (a skill that switches your boots to S-ATK so they can benefit from S-ATK boosting skills.)

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2015, 01:29 AM
What MEGA ULTRA CHICKEN said.
I use hybrid Bo/Hu with focus on SATK. Not sure what you mean by gauge boosting.
I don't think anybody uses Bouncer for casting. If you want to main Techs, you should go Force main, basically.

Niren Kamui still seems to be a good dagger.
There's a grinding/affixing and rare/exp etc boost event coming up soon.
From what I hear everywhere, max element good weapon is better than a low element 13 star.

I think affixing can use up to 6 fodders now.
Fodder in general drops like candy now. Very easy to get very high slot.
You can also use fodder with slots higher than what you're aiming for.

CoWorker
Jul 15, 2015, 02:10 AM
Also Boots of Serafi is Fo-able, so your really better off being FO/TE if you want to use them

gaijin_punch
Jul 15, 2015, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. Heading to work, but...

I'll check out Bo/Fi -- I'm totally lost. Guess I'm confused on how the T-ATK works w/o casting. :)

Niren Kamui still seems to be a good dagger.
There's a grinding/affixing and rare/exp etc boost event coming up soon.
From what I hear everywhere, max element good weapon is better than a low element 13 star.

Yeah, I know about the event. Saving dough/fodder for it now! The latent on the Niren Kamui works well with a few of those techs. I see myself sticking with it for now.

I think affixing can use up to 6 fodders now.
Fodder in general drops like candy now. Very easy to get very high slot.
You can also use fodder with slots higher than what you're aiming for.

Yeah, noticed that. I think I overpaid for a piece of fodder when I came back. Would have been nice to research that first.

Also Boots of Serafi is Fo-able, so your really better off being FO/TE if you want to use them

Aight -- also good to know. Again, guess I should read a guide or something.

Azure Falcon
Jul 15, 2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the replies. Heading to work, but...

I'll check out Bo/Fi -- I'm totally lost. Guess I'm confused on how the T-ATK works w/o casting. :)

Basically, Jet Boots by default use your T.ATK stat for dealing damage. However there is a toggle skill on the tree called Switch Strike which changes them to use your S.ATK stat instead. Depending on your class setup you'll be better off using one or the other, personally I use Techer/Bouncer for a support based role with JBs so I have to invest in T.ATK, but I believe the most popular class setup (Bouncer/Fighter) uses T.ATK too. Casting techs from the boots should be using your T.ATK stat regardless.

Boots of Serafi, I mean they have a nice potential but you really won't be casting attack techs from the boots other than for changing element, the damage is lacklustre compared to what you can do otherwise. Generally they are for FO/TE to have a good option for mobility (like during Magatsu).

As for Xie's 13* weapons, the potentials aren't that great - in particular I've been told the rod is not worth it over Gravilios or Evil Nochiuhau + Magatsuhi.

LunaSolstice
Jul 15, 2015, 10:28 AM
Boots of Serafi, I mean they have a nice potential but you really won't be casting attack techs from the boots other than for changing element, the damage is lacklustre compared to what you can do otherwise. Generally they are for FO/TE to have a good option for mobility (like during Magatsu).

I'd mainly buy those for Nabarta honestly. Although seeing videos of Elysion makes me want those boots since they are stronger.