PDA

View Full Version : 33000 missing files?! Yikes. Tweaker Issue (?).

ChaosAngel92
Jul 15, 2015, 06:17 PM
Good day everyone.

After installing the most recent setup version offered in http://arks-layer.com/ I've decided to check my updates using PSO2 Tweaker by clicking on the option "Check for PSO2 Updates (New Method)". As the title says, over 33000 files were reported as missing. After that, the tool started to download all those files. After 3 hours only a total of 3000 were downloaded. If we do the math, it would take approx. 11 hours more to complete (Yikes). Now, my connection isn't the fastest in the world but im pretty convinced it isn't the slowest. Also, I'm in no way torrenting or streaming anything else. As a matter of fact, I disabled everything that would consume any bit of bandwith. I was aware that the game would require some kind of updates, but I've never imagined it would take this long. Is this is a normal behaviour or not? Should I just sit tight and let it do it's thing?

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

NOTE TO MODS: After my last thread being blocked for violating the rules, I've lost track of what is right to post and what is not. I've tried to keep this post with the minimum mention of tools that aren't the official (since I see everyone in this subforum posting and mentioning the Tweaker and the Arkz Layer setup, I've risked myself to post this thread the way I did). Now, this isn't a complaint or a plea. If this post does violate the rules, I apologise in advance and wish I have a better understanding of the rules next time. Been forever in this forum and the last thing I want is to be banned.

UPDATE: I've just found out that Tweaker is having problems with the "new method" option (according to http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229524 such option made it reinstall all the game files). Are we having the same issue here?

UPDATE2: After reinstalling PSO2 (same ver as before) and selecting "Check for PSO2 Updates" on Tweaker (no "new method"), it only reported 6580 as missing. Did I just fixed the issue?

Anduril
Jul 15, 2015, 06:49 PM
New method is buggy for a lot of people; since it is causing you issues, next time there is an update for the game hit "No" when prompted to update, then manually initiate the update via the non-new method.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 15, 2015, 06:58 PM
Good to know that will fix it.
Thanks for your reply.