PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ pso2 website

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 17, 2015, 01:21 AM
I was bored and typed in pso2 in google and it took me to the old english site that was made years ago for it.

I can't believe the site is still actually up haha.

I wonder why sega hasn't removed it yet?

I mean it's pretty obvious the game will never be released in the USA are they just too lazy to remove the site? lol

lostinseganet
Jul 17, 2015, 01:25 AM
So that americans can still "have hope" :)

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2015, 01:29 AM
I'm actually starting to wonder if the game just isn't coming out specifically because of Sega wanting to improve their image...

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 17, 2015, 01:32 AM
Would anyone even want to play a game that's over 3 years old though? I been playing since the closed beta non stop so I cant imagine leaving my characters behind on a superior server for a crappy tone down version of it that's miles behind the JP version.

I still remember the USA version of psu... =/

GoldGenII
Jul 17, 2015, 03:02 AM
With Blade and Soul NA coming, if done right, the hype train can be refueled it seems.

'Done right' and 'SEGA' unfortunately haven't gone well together in recent years ¦I

Valimer
Jul 17, 2015, 04:13 AM
Well SoA downsized and moved out of SF to LA and said they are going to focus on mobile now, in fact I saw an ad on gamasutra for a mobile engineer for SoA. So yeah PSO2 NA is dead, wonder when they'll take the site down.

wefwq
Jul 17, 2015, 04:49 AM
PSO2NA website are just like the corpse parade that only for display at this point...

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jul 17, 2015, 06:54 AM
LOL y'all really care that much about this game? I mean I would have been hype about this game if PSU AOTI never came out and showed how far PS can go.

I'm waiting on PSO 3. I have a good feeling that the japanese will see the demand for PS games outside of japan again. Then decide to make 3 world wide. They are gonna come out with an anime early next year. So I guess this means they are gearing up for another game. It's about time for a new one now. I would rather see PSU AOTI animated though. That game had the best music.

wefwq
Jul 17, 2015, 06:55 AM
LOL y'all really care that much about this game? I mean I would have been hype about this game if PSU AOTI never came out and showed how far PS can go.

I'm waiting on PSO 3. I have a good feeling that the japanese will see the demand for PS games outside of japan again. Then decide to make 3 world wide. They are gonna come out with an anime early next year. So I guess this means they are gearing up for another game. It's about time for a new one now. I would rather see PSU AOTI animated though. That game had the best music.
Keep dreaming, bud.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2015, 07:51 AM
Would anyone even want to play a game that's over 3 years old though?

That's kinda what I mean. If Sega is trying to improve their image releasing PSO2 now probably wouldn't help.

DrCatco
Jul 17, 2015, 02:09 PM
It's too late to a NA release.

IMHO, if Sega wants to ingratiate themselves with the non-japanese players, what they can do is the following:

Apologize, for not keeping up the promise of a NA release.
Integrate the english pacht, english large files and the story patch into the game. They have the option, it can be done, and heck, I'm almost sure that Agrajag, AIDA & Co. will gladly transfer to them the work that has already been done :-?
Keep up the good work.

landman
Jul 19, 2015, 03:32 PM
Integrate the english pacht, english large files and the story patch into the game. They have the option, it can be done, and heck, I'm almost sure that Agrajag, AIDA & Co. will gladly transfer to them the work that has already been done :-?

This can't and will never happen for the simple fact that Sega of Japan has made contracts with third party products to be present in their Japanese server for Japanese only players and "opening" this server to other players would require new contracts that would also conflict with international licensing of said products.

supersai8
Jul 19, 2015, 03:49 PM
This can't and will never happen for the simple fact that Sega of Japan has made contracts with third party products to be present in their Japanese server for Japanese only players and "opening" this server to other players would require new contracts that would also conflict with international licensing of said products.

Not to mention it would royally piss off some, if not most of the Japanese players for something like that.
I don't think SEGA would want to gamble on losing most of their local community just to officially allow us in.

KazeSenoue
Jul 19, 2015, 04:04 PM

So naive.

TheszNuts
Jul 19, 2015, 04:29 PM

Is this a serious post?

Skyly
Jul 19, 2015, 04:34 PM

Not to mention it would royally piss off some, if not most of the Japanese players for something like that.
I don't think SEGA would want to gamble on losing most of their local community just to officially allow us in.

How would having an English option piss off Japanese players? It the equivalent of a Japanese language option in an antivirus software installer lol.

supersai8
Jul 19, 2015, 05:00 PM
How would having an English option piss off Japanese players? It the equivalent of a Japanese language option in an antivirus software installer lol.

As it is, having the patches on would be like as you described.
If SEGA announces officially that they're welcoming English players, I don't think the JP playerbase would welcome having more English players that they can't communicate with, and having more blocks be more like B01 would turn away players faster.
Plus, as landman stated earlier:

[...] Sega of Japan has made contracts with third party products to be present in their Japanese server for Japanese only players and "opening" this server to other players would require new contracts that would also conflict with international licensing of said products.

I don't believe SEGA would want to spend so much time and money on trying to cater to the international audience, and I don't think the licensing companies would want to try either.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 19, 2015, 05:21 PM
It shouldn't be suprising the site is still on. After all, the offical word is that PSO2 NA release is "delayed" (or in life support).

landman
Jul 20, 2015, 06:04 AM
You don't need English language options in a product that is meant to be exclusively for Japanese players, and the Japanese server is exactly that, and this will never change (too much work to re-licence all the stuff for international opening.

wefwq
Jul 20, 2015, 07:20 AM
Because mainly i'll protect muh superior nippon culture from foreigner.

They recognize outsider as mainly... uh, rude.
There's lots of misunderstanding on both side, because of language barrier and difference of culture so this kind of thing are basically unavoidable.

As for SEGA didn't want to include EN language probably to avoid possible extra headache that they don't want to deal, by "officially" accepting outsider means that they have to taking a good care for us too, it's not as easy as it sounds to.

DRIGZ
Jul 21, 2015, 04:29 PM
Im still hoping for a western release for connection reasons ^^;

[Ayumi]
Jul 21, 2015, 10:27 PM
There's no real reason to take down the site.
If you look hard enough, you can find a lot of old sega links to some of their older parts of their sites if you wanted to.

I'll try and take you serious here. What did PSU AOTI do exactly? You mean being an expansion as they released all the content that was on vanilla PSU already?
Because I'm sure them adding all of these new things every few updated onward and new content and new features and so on and so forth is pretty much what AOTI did and none of it is disc-locked-content.
Like all the new features coming tomorrow and then the more that's to come in August.
PSO3 might get the same treatment as PSO2 where Sega allows us to play on the server and allow us to patch the game and so on and so forth.
I mean, look at PSP2i. The few of us that wanted the game got it. Hell, I bought PSP2 twice. Got it the very 1st day it release in JPN on PSN and then the 1st day it came out outside of Japan.

PSO2 animation to me seems like a horrible joke personally just by the small bit that I've heard it will be about. Also, PSU AOTI story was completely horrid. Completely completely horrid.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 21, 2015, 11:03 PM
PSU did have disc locked weapons and some content that wasn't available till AOTI release

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 22, 2015, 12:01 AM

Sounds like someone didn't get passed the first 3 areas in PSO2.

[Ayumi]
Jul 22, 2015, 12:07 AM
Sounds like someone didn't get passed the first 3 areas in PSO2.

You mean just Za Oodan, Fangulf, and Daggan mission?
Because Shironia which unlock after Volcano now pretty much remixes some Neudaiz areas.
Speaking of which, I think I recall hearing a remix of the Grove of Fanatics in the last video update.