PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Prepatch : Enemy icons, Dark Falz Abyss textures

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2015, 04:28 PM
First, sorry if I break some hype. :(

There are the icons of Double Hunar form, and of some toys rare form.
We can also find the Kuronians icons and some shit they always put in the prepatch data.

It looks like there is the Castle thing but... unassembled or maybe need a special program to 3D build it ?
It is named : en_toy_dp_double_a_d

Also... I found some weird pictures about DF Abyss, like for Castle.

I am too tired today to upload Kuronians icons and toys, so i'll just post

-Double Hunar
-Castle (weird form)
-Abyss (weird form)
-dp_block rare tier (the toy mid boss)

Also before anyone asks, I am unable to find any infos about emergency quests or some other text, i began datamine today. :v
But didn't find any interesting things outside of Double castle and Abyss with pictures.

http://imgur.com/pWyzNGw,9w5sWyX,bGWscSm#0 (Double Hunar, castle, dp_block)

http://imgur.com/wm0R2Bq,6PGhquH,0snEMn9,KsIHYMF (The thing about dp_abyss, I really don't know what it is supposed to be. Also, the 4 are the same, just different colors, idk why.)

Here are the other enemy icons I found, honestly, nothing interesting except, maybe, the rare forms.
http://imgur.com/a/rE2rZ

Edit : Changed the title because
Dark Falz Abyss unfinished : http://i.imgur.com/L7rw9oy.jpg
Thanks to Chikinface from psumods for his job with Abyss.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 04:35 PM
I'll rip apart some files in the prepatch myself. Interestingly, both Double forms are in the same icon, so it seems both of them will ALWAYS spawn together.

Edit: Also, those images are just textures. The model should be in the same location as the textures, it takes a renderer to assemble the textures and the model together.

Mattykins
Jul 17, 2015, 04:37 PM
So the castle's texture files is labeled as Double? I guess the castle is Double then :c

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 04:40 PM
So the castle's texture files is labeled as Double? I guess the castle is Double then :c

Yep, there's no way this is wrong. To get an enemy's files, you take the enemy's name in the data, and run it through an MD5 hasher. Whatever you get is the filename containing the files for that enemy.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2015, 04:42 PM
Yep, there's no way this is wrong. To get an enemy's files, you take the enemy's name in the data, and run it through an MD5 hasher. Whatever you get is the filename containing the files for that enemy.

Well, I'm not sure, aren't Falz arms labelled as dp_fish_Arm or something like that ?

Also thanks for the infos.

wefwq
Jul 17, 2015, 04:47 PM
Those texture are looks kind of creepy.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 04:48 PM
Well, I'm not sure, aren't Falz arms labelled as dp_fish_Arm or something like that ?

Yep, and if you run that through an md5 hasher, you will get the Falz Arm file. (Presuming that's the correct data name for Falz Arms, I'd have to look it up).

For example: Gal Gryphon is en_galgriffon_a.ice in the data. And if we run that through an MD5 hasher, we get e2a5b248db28ca3fdba9fbc77c4ef57f. Now, this is the filename for a file in win32, and if we open that, guess what we find? Gal Gryphon textures and models.

Mattykins
Jul 17, 2015, 04:49 PM
Well, if I had a list of all the filenames for mobs and bosses, I'd be able to compare :c

Also, almost forgot:

Also, the 4 are the same, just different colors, idk why.)

Those are, like, the normal map and extra details and stuff. Normal texture stuff.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 04:55 PM
Well, if I had a list of all the filenames for mobs and bosses, I'd be able to compare :c

I have a list. I need to update it with the latest prepatch data, however. It took me a looong time to make the list. You wouldn't believe how much junk data is in the enemy list, it took me over 2 hours to parse all the junk out the first time around to create a coherent list.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2015, 04:56 PM
Also, according to a picture, for the C-Mode green cans things, it looks like that, for exemple, if you have 82% and that you get a 30% green cans, you will get additionnal 12 miles. Because 30-18 = 12 duh.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2015, 04:57 PM
I have a list. I need to update it with the latest prepatch data, however. It took me a looong time to make the list. You wouldn't believe how much junk data is in the enemy list, it took me over 2 hours to parse all the junk out the first time around to create a coherent list.

When I was looking in enemy list, I had a random fire effect or idk what. I was like "wtf is going on".

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 04:58 PM
When I was looking in enemy list, I had a random fire effect or idk what. I was like "wtf is going on".

Already replied to your message.

Rakurai
Jul 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
Those textures for Dark Falz Abyss look like they'd be appropriate for an insect Darker.

Maybe a new Dark Falz is going to take control over the insect Darkers in the future, in light of the fact that the current Apprentice isn't a real Dark Falz?

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2015, 05:02 PM
Already replied to your message.

Yeh I just noticed.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 05:03 PM
Those textures for Dark Falz Abyss look like they'd be appropriate for an insect Darker.

Maybe a new Dark Falz is going to take control over the insect Darkers in the future, in light of the fact that the current Apprentice isn't a real Dark Falz?

They don't match the color scheme of Yuga insect darkers, so most likely not.

Edit: Oops, I forgot that when you MD5 hash an enemy name, you need to include "enemy/" in front of the enemy name, so the MD5 hash I gave for Gal Gryphon's file was wrong. My bad.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 17, 2015, 05:23 PM
First, sorry if I break some hype. :(

You're getting me hyped with these things!!!:D

Rakurai
Jul 17, 2015, 05:28 PM
They don't match the color scheme of Yuga insect darkers, so most likely not.

The first color scheme has an about even mix of red and black, which is how the Yuga insect darkers are.

Though I was mostly going off of the fact that a number of the textures resemble insect wings.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 05:39 PM
The first color scheme has an about even mix of red and black, which is how the Yuga insect darkers are.

Though I was mostly going off of the fact that a number of the textures resemble insect wings.

Actually, there doesn't seem to be any black at all. The black in the texture file is just blank space, and some parts that do look black are actually just very dark red. Yuga insect darkers are mostly monochrome black + Monochrome red, which doesn't fit the theme we see here.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 06:41 PM
Can I ask which files you found those textures in? I can't seem to find d8d20c30ece5157fb22c959596166a2d which is Dark Falz Double's file.

silo1991
Jul 17, 2015, 10:44 PM
nah you guys are wrong , the castle is the herald of double just like the falz arms is for elder and apos dorios is for loser

Rakurai
Jul 17, 2015, 10:46 PM
We've already heard what's presumably the boss theme for the castle, too (The one used in Double teaser), and it really doesn't sound epic enough to be a Dark Falz fight when considering how intense the theme for Double's small form is by comparison (Used in the late August update preview).

Xaelouse
Jul 17, 2015, 11:00 PM
So why did people think the castle wasn't DF Double again?

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 11:23 PM
Guys, the castle texture is literally named en_toy_dp_double. It's over, it is guaranteed that the castle is Double.

Zorak000
Jul 17, 2015, 11:55 PM
because this is the pso-world.com forums, where logic and evidence do not apply

Rakurai
Jul 17, 2015, 11:55 PM

Because it would be strange for them to show the Dark Falz before the darker boss prior to them.

Call me stubborn, but I'm still not completely convinced, despite what the datamining seems to indicate.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 12:00 AM
There is absolutely nothing in the data, even now that seems to indicate that Dark Falz Double even has a phase 1. There is absolutely no data for a toy darker boss other than Double's two forms and the miniboss Colotta Edetta. To assume that they still haven't added the actual Dark Falz Double to the data yet would entail assuming that they would finish working on the NEXT Dark Falz(Abyss) before they finished working on this one.

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 12:07 AM
Because it would be strange for them to show the Dark Falz before the darker boss prior to them.

Call me stubborn, but I'm still not completely convinced, despite what the datamining seems to indicate.

They COULD also be changing things up.

Call me crazy for suggesting this, but in lieu of their casualization revamps lately, they may just opt to skip the Herald and go straight for the Falz.

My basis for this is the manner in which they seem to be rushing to complete each Episode - EP2 at least had four new areas (five if you count Sanctum), while EP1 had the most areas of any Episode.

Episode 3 had, what, 3 areas? And one of those doesn't really have a "boss" by our normal definition of it (IIRC, you said that Nepto+Rheo was more a miniboss).

Not only that, but if we go by prior patternization, Double's army is still not big enough in the boss depot to qualify. They only have one miniboss, whereas Elder and Loser had at least a boss/mini-boss prior their release (and FYI, Magatsu doesn't count - he's his own deal, from what I've seen).

It really looks as if they're in a rush to finish this Episode. Three new areas, one new "raid" (which had to be revamped before it became Falz-ish in nature), six new bosses (two of which are clumped in one fight effectively making them minibosses).... This has to be the smallest Episode in the game atm.

There is absolutely nothing in the data, even now that seems to indicate that Dark Falz Double even has a phase 1. There is absolutely no data for a toy darker boss other than Double's two forms and the miniboss Colotta Edetta. To assume that they still haven't added the actual Dark Falz Double to the data yet would entail assuming that they would finish working on the NEXT Dark Falz(Abyss) before they finished working on this one.

They could also just add the Herald itself later - assuming that the Castle IS actually DF Double. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they pulled this shit (Magatsu comes to mind).

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 12:07 AM
I suppose they could've just decided to just abolish their pattern of having two phase boss EQs for whatever reason.

In any case, I can't wait for the story quest with the Double fight to release in a little under two weeks from now, since that'll most likely put all and any doubts to rest, seeing as it appears to be the last story update before the Double EQ is released.

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 12:10 AM
I suppose they could've just decided to just abolish their pattern of having two phase boss EQs for whatever reason.

In any case, I can't wait for the story quest with the Double fight to release in a little under two weeks from now, since that'll most likely put all and any doubts to rest, seeing as it appears to be the last story update before the Double EQ is released.

That's my theory. Smaller quantities of content, with more quality... though in this case, "quality" isn't something I'd use to describe what we've received.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 18, 2015, 12:12 AM

No CG transformation, unlike Elder and Loser. No resemblance in any way to Double. Absolutely nothing flashy from the trailer when every trailer that revealed a Dark Falz showed off their most lethal attacks.

If that really was Dark Falz [Double], they just got the most dull, boring, uncreative reveal any Falz has been given. Can't explain the internal naming thing though, besides Double possibly referring to how it shifts forms, or a body double, as in fake/stand-in. Or it could just be an error on Mae's part.

because this is the pso-world.com forums, where logic and evidence do not apply

Oh this is just cute.

There is absolutely nothing in the data, even now that seems to indicate that Dark Falz Double even has a phase 1.

There's missing mobs for the Kuronia update, so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

-Modified shoe guys
-Toy darker cars
-The various elemental centaur Kuronians

Probably more, didn't really pay much attention to the gameplay showcase.

---

Ah right, I should probably mention. There were no models in the prepatch as far as I could find. After looking at the textures for Abyss for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it has a skeleton motif, as most of its body parts (particularly evident in image 3 of the imgur link) resemble bones. From what I can tell of image 2 in the imgur link, which is the normal map, there's a face structure in the top left (leftmost, below another body part which for the life of me I cannot identify but looks like it has cylinders near the right end, wtf can that be), which has a very long curving extension of its head that runs below the cylinder body part, and four vertical eyes (the eyes are more obvious in images 1/4, but the face itself is much harder to see in those images). The face is something that gets mirrored so only the right (its left technically) is there. There's some other body parts but I think the face is most important to figure out.

All I can really say for sure is that Abyss is really macabre. If Sega pulls it off right it could live up to the story hype. At least as far as aesthetics go.

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 12:37 AM
-snip-

This is also a prepatch, IIRC. Might be that the meat of what we're after would be in the June 22nd main patch.

I mean, do we even KNOW how big that section is going to be?

Mysterious-G
Jul 18, 2015, 03:47 AM
I'm not convinced either way, but there is also the possibility of Double being the pre-phase boss for Abyss. If not that, the model might just show up in an after-boss matterboard scene as was the case at the end of each episode so far. That is probably the most likely scenario.

I don't see them straying from their 2-phase model for Falz battles though, and I think them presumably wanting to finish the episode early as was suggested by someone is weak reasoning for them only releasing one phase for Double, as both would be released on the same date to begin with.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 04:06 AM
Can I ask which files you found those textures in? I can't seem to find d8d20c30ece5157fb22c959596166a2d which is Dark Falz Double's file.

I found the Castle thing in the file 013094d51b0a90d16f49327be13e5b15 of the prepatch. It also have some things called en_toy_dp_double_event ..
Double Hunar was in file a380a3c11c0ce92d7cd1802a4747a574. (still prepatch)

I found Abyss textures in the file c588164424ea86cfe8a5d298dce8b0ba, prepatch, again. I also found the textures of what could be a burnt/broken ARKS uniform or ship in the same files. Too bad I don't know how to do something with textures...

Anyway, here are the links, it is in the same files of Abyss (which also has a file called dp_dark_op.evt file (?)).

Weird ARKS thing link : http://imgur.com/RzP9bzR,CVgHv74,zohohOz
Edit : They all start by "eff_ob", eff could be effect so maybe nothing interesting..

Also, Dark Falz Elder (dp_fish) has dp_fish_arm (and the same but from one to far/hanabi/free [dfk?]) and dp_fish_elder, so we can still hope that the castle isn't Dark Falz Double's form, except if I am wrong and that the "arm" things are just how they named Elder's true arms.

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 04:44 AM
I'm not convinced either way, but there is also the possibility of Double being the pre-phase boss for Abyss. If not that, the model might just show up in an after-boss matterboard scene as was the case at the end of each episode so far. That is probably the most likely scenario.

I don't see them straying from their 2-phase model for Falz battles though, and I think them presumably wanting to finish the episode early as was suggested by someone is weak reasoning for them only releasing one phase for Double, as both would be released on the same date to begin with.

Except we're not getting the Double fight until next month. We're only getting EP3-5 this patch.

EP3-6 comes next month, so if they're intending to release the Double fight itself the month after, that would give them two months to make any final adjustments to the final form of Double, and plausibly also begin working on DF Abyss and its cronies simulataneously.

Given what I've learned about Japanese work culture as of late, I can see them withholding Double's final form until that time; if there's anything they'd want to fix/improve/test/etc, they'd have ample time between 3-5's release, 3-6 and Falz Twins, and the actual release itself.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 04:45 AM
Actually there is a week between 3-5 and 3-6 release.

Added all ennemies icons I found in prepatch (except double hunar)

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 05:07 AM
Actually there is a week between 3-5 and 3-6 release.

Added all ennemies icons I found in prepatch (except double hunar)

Well, I had to do a double take because I'm QUITE sure that it said JULY, not JUNE.

It's easy to see how that would be confusing because they both share the first two letters. It happens to me all the time.

Though I'd hope the Kanji for June and July don't suffer the same curse of looking alike.

Either way, you should check with Ricardo at Bumped, because I swear to god his article says July 29th.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just fell for that YET AGAIN! Ignore everything I just said, please.

God, I feel like an idiot now....

Mysterious-G
Jul 18, 2015, 05:16 AM
Except we're not getting the Double fight until next month. We're only getting EP3-5 this patch.

My post does not state the Double EQ is to be released together with the story chapter, so what are you referring to?

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 06:14 AM
If anything, I'm expecting Dark Falz Abyss to debut in the final story chapter of episode 3.

Mattykins
Jul 18, 2015, 06:33 AM
Well, what Sega's been including and excluding in pre-patches has been weird, lately. Last one had Gryphon, but not its soul, nor any of the PSO-related things, so relying on a prepatch as an absolute window into the future is a bit spotty.

At any rate, I'm mostly convinced that the castle is Double. Was looking forward to an excellent boss fight with the twins all pimped out and Falzy, so a little bummed that they copped out and gave Double a single body, but hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. o:

Raujinn
Jul 18, 2015, 07:36 AM
That texture you linked for Abyss is a texture map, not a colour scheme. There are usually around 3-4 textures for anything in PSO2, including the base texture (_d, typically the main thing you're looking at), normal map (_n), I think specular but not certain, could be lighting or glowmap or something else (_s) and a colour channel (_m). There may be more I'm forgetting about. You overlay these textures for effects, for example a normal map can make a mesh look more complex than it really is by adding the illusion of bumps and dents in an actually flat plane. Point is they're not colour schemes...

In the order of the images in your gallery then: _s, _n, _k_d, _d.

Abyss has a _k_d, not sure what its purpose is. You'll note that the _d texture looks very unfinished, much like with Chrome Dragon when it was first datamined, so they're likely still working on it.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 08:11 AM
I found the Castle thing in the file 013094d51b0a90d16f49327be13e5b15 of the prepatch. It also have some things called en_toy_dp_double_event ..
Double Hunar was in file a380a3c11c0ce92d7cd1802a4747a574. (still prepatch)

I found Abyss textures in the file c588164424ea86cfe8a5d298dce8b0ba, prepatch, again. I also found the textures of what could be a burnt/broken ARKS uniform or ship in the same files. Too bad I don't know how to do something with textures...

Anyway, here are the links, it is in the same files of Abyss (which also has a file called dp_dark_op.evt file (?)).

Weird ARKS thing link : http://imgur.com/RzP9bzR,CVgHv74,zohohOz
Edit : They all start by "eff_ob", eff could be effect so maybe nothing interesting..

Also, Dark Falz Elder (dp_fish) has dp_fish_arm (and the same but from one to far/hanabi/free [dfk?]) and dp_fish_elder, so we can still hope that the castle isn't Dark Falz Double's form, except if I am wrong and that the "arm" things are just how they named Elder's true arms.

Because of how Falz Arms work, there are like five different Falz Arms in the code.

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 08:16 AM
At any rate, I'm mostly convinced that the castle is Double. Was looking forward to an excellent boss fight with the twins all pimped out and Falzy, so a little bummed that they copped out and gave Double a single body, but hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. o:

That's pretty much why I'm not convinced that it's Double.

Fighting a killer Disney castle is amusing and all, but its appearance really doesn't scream "Episode 3 final boss" to me, nor does its battle theme (Which is way less intense then the one for Double's first form).

It also would feel like a huge cop-out for them to not incorporate the whole fusing/splitting mechanic Double's first form uses (It's able to detach its legs and reposition them into different formations, but that's not really same as having two distinct entities attacking you), and it wasn't shown using their copying abilities, either.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 08:26 AM
The battle theme was obviously for Double's Hunar form, not the castle.

In any case, the castle has a unique color scheme that other toy darkers don't have(It has golden elements, in the same vein of Loser's rainbow stained glass), just like every other Dark Falz.

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 09:00 AM
They played the theme for Double's Hunar form in the late August update trailer (Which on a random side note, is easily my favorite out of the three Falz themes. Got to love the violins and harpsichord).

I'm assuming that the theme in Double teaser is for the castle, because it has a very similar tone to Apos Dorios' theme in that it feels more like a prelude to something bigger.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 09:13 AM
They played the theme for Double's Hunar form in the late August update trailer (Which on a random side note, is easily my favorite out of the three Falz themes. Got to love the violins and harpsichord).

I'm assuming that the theme in Double teaser is for the castle, because it has a very similar tone to Apos Dorios' theme in that it feels more like a prelude to something bigger.

Not that you have any real evidence for that one way or the other.

Mysterious-G
Jul 18, 2015, 09:22 AM
Not that you have any real evidence for that one way or the other.

Not like you do either though. At this point the two songs could end up playing either this or that way around. Or in case of another phase existing we do not yet know about, in a different way altogether.

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 09:23 AM
I'm guess I'm just expecting them to stick to pre-established trends.

They're always played new songs in the order they'd normally be heard in in-game for the past trailers. They've also never showed off the Dark Falz form immediately after the Hunar form, and saved it for the broadcast after in the case of both Elder and Loser.

In any case, I don't think I'm going bother discussing this any further and will simply wait for the 29th where the truth will come out after Double gets beaten up and they presumably go Dark Falz on us.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 09:25 AM
Ultimately, the dissenting argument boils down to: They haven't done it this way before, so they won't.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 09:40 AM
Someone posted the unfinished Abyss on psumods.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/L7rw9oy.jpg

Doesn't it remind you someone ? Maybe it is Anga's wife. Who know.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 09:41 AM

Doesn't it remind you someone ?

Anga Fundarge Mach9.

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'm guess I'm just expecting them to stick to pre-established trends.

Amazingly, we had a similar thing happen to us when Falz Angel was revealed.

If you recall, we all thought that Theodore was gonna go Falz on us because gurlfriend issues and being flippin' emo (and that being similar to how Gettemhalt was prior to Falzification); meanwhile we all totally ignored Luther because we thought that just because he was an arrogant prick didn't mean he was gonna be bad - maybe he'd form his own "ARKZ" and we'd rebel against the system and have this awesome faction war thingy...

...only to find that Luther WAS Loser, that HE transformed into Angel and not Theodore, that Angel was the lord of the Bird Darkers (we had expected it to be Persona/Masked Dude at the time).

Hell, we even thought that Eucreta was Apprentice, that she was gonna be the Falz that turned Afin into a real hardcore man (by forcing him to kill his sister because "Dark Falz, yo")....

... and then we get thrown this random ass black woman that apparently was the REAL Falz Apprentice. And that said Falz was also eaten up by a pair of kindergartners. Really evil kindergartners with mouths for one of their arms.

Doesn't it remind you someone ?

Looking at that... while I do see bits of Anga, some of the apparatus on that Falz look a lot like Insect parts. The wings in particular don't scream "plant" like they would for Anga (Anga still reminds me of a motherfucking overdecorated Christmas Tree whenever I see it), the back piece resembles what you see on enemies like Sorza or Ragne, there's antennae on the side that resemble that of moth antennae. And the fact that there's eyes all over the body makes me feel like "How does anyone get Matoi from this?". It really makes me think that this is actually Dark Falz Apprentice.

Shinamori
Jul 18, 2015, 09:48 AM
I doubt she was "black", well, maybe. I'm under the assumption that a Falz with all it'spower has Dark skin.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 09:48 AM
I doubt she was "black", well, maybe. I'm under the assumption that a Falz with all it'spower has Dark skin.

Double. :v

What about Double ? Are you saying they are weak because they are white ?

That's racism.

Looking at that... while I do see bits of Anga, some of the apparatus on that Falz look a lot like Insect parts. The wings in particular don't scream "plant" like they would for Anga (Anga still reminds me of a motherfucking overdecorated Christmas Tree whenever I see it), the back piece resembles what you see on enemies like Sorza or Ragne, there's antennae on the side that resemble that of moth antennae. And the fact that there's eyes all over the body makes me feel like "How does anyone get Matoi from this?". It really makes me think that this is actually Dark Falz Apprentice.

I guess we have to "wait and see". Indeed i didn't notice those "insect" like parts the first time I saw it. I was just like "Blade/Shot/Force/Heaven Mother + Anga = this"

Cyber Meteor
Jul 18, 2015, 09:55 AM

Hey! I really like this! And yeah, it really looks like an advanced version of Anga to me. Honestly if we're going to fight this shortly after Double, i sincerly doubt we'll kill him, it'll be probably like just repelling him for some time before he gets his true power which sounds like what we did with Elder except he already had his true power.

Edit : Ah also, i tend to think the "real" falz power thing is more related to hair color than skin color tbh, one color = real Falz, dual color = weak Falz (Loser has dual and only became Falz by the loss of omniscience, but since he gave up on some of his power to try to reach that i think it's coherent with the "weak" part)

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 09:57 AM

Well, I'm not saying that Oldprentice being black is a bad thing. Rather, I'm a tad disappointed because Sisprentice was killing it with the way she was acting early on. Not to mention that deliciously hot bod - there's a reason she had a ridiculously big fanart phase at the time.

Not to mention Oldprentice doesn't really appeal to me. She seems a lot like an altered Elder. And that's... boring.

Double. :v

What about Double ? Are you saying they are weak because they are white ?

That's racism.

Oh no, I'm not saying Double's weak. Au contraire, they're actually mischievously annoying. And depending on how you look at that, that's a strength.

P.S. Also, Luther is a white-skinned Falz. At least he has a legit reason for why we hate him - he's a controlling egomaniacal prick that had his illegitimate waifu stolen from him by our space swords and space shinies.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 10:01 AM
I noticed that Abyss_dp_human files don't exist yet, while abyss_dp_dark does, oddly enough. Until we get an updated enemy list(Should get one this Tuesday), we can't know if Abyss_dp_dark is abyss_dp_human or just dp_abyss.

P.S. Also, Luther is a white-skinned Falz. At least he has a legit reason for why we hate him - he's a controlling egomaniacal prick that had his illegitimate waifu stolen from him by our space swords and space shinies.

Luther isn't actually a real Falz. He just gained Falz-like powers after absorbing more negative photons than his body had room for. That's why Regius could -actually- kill him.

Flaoc
Jul 18, 2015, 10:01 AM
personally think that looks like apprentices falz form

Cyber Meteor
Jul 18, 2015, 10:05 AM
If i got it right, Apprentice should be something like "Dark Falz Insect" in the file name not "Abyss" for all the reasons that was said before

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 10:08 AM
If i got it right, Apprentice should be something like "Dark Falz Insect" in the file name not "Abyss" for all the reasons that was said before

Indeed,

Elder is dp_fish
Loser is dp_bird
Double is dp_toy

Darkers insect are usually "bug" (well from the darkers insects i found)

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 10:11 AM
personally think that looks like apprentices falz form

Me too. I'll lay out a big list of reasons why, but the gist of it is that most of the physical features upon Abyss actually remind me of a Hornet.

-The "skirt petals" remind me of insect wings - particularly transparent ones; wings of creatures like hornets are known to have blood vessels running inside them, which is what allows us to see them and gives them their "shiny" texture.
-The little sharp bit at the very bottom is a very "thin" stinger. Hornets, Wasps, Bees... they all have stingers.
-The "skirt" itself reminds me of a Vespiquen's honeycomb skirt.
-The rear-upper torso's layout is a fusion of a Kartargot's wings and a mix of Krahda/Sorza's "loop".
-The head reminds me of a Kartargot, but with a more sinister look to it. There's also the fact that it has six eyes (insects are known for having lots of eyes).
-The "bulbous" bit resembles a bee or ant's "abdomen".

EDIT: I just had a thought - what if, upon reclaiming Eucreta from her Falz control and Matoi becoming Dark Falz Abyss, she actually takes control of the leaderless Insects? Just a theory, of course.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 10:13 AM
Me too. I'll lay out a big list of reasons why, but the gist of it is that most of the physical features upon Abyss actually remind me of a Hornet.

-The "skirt petals" remind me of insect wings - particularly transparent ones; wings of creatures like hornets are known to have blood vessels running inside them, which is what allows us to see them and gives them their "shiny" texture.
-The little sharp bit at the very bottom is a very "thin" stinger. Hornets, Wasps, Bees... they all have stingers.
-The "skirt" itself reminds me of a Vespiquen's honeycomb skirt.
-The rear-upper torso's layout is a fusion of a Kartargot's wings and a mix of Krahda/Sorza's "loop".
-The head reminds me of a Kartargot, but with a more sinister look to it. There's also the fact that it has six eyes (insects are known for having lots of eyes).
-The "bulbous" bit resembles a bee or ant's "abdomen".

Your reasons can really make us think this is Apprentice's form. But then, why they named it abyss in the files and not dp_bug or something like that ?

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 10:16 AM
Your reasons can really make us think this is Apprentice's form. But then, why they named it abyss in the files and not dp_bug or something like that ?

They've never once broken their naming convention for darkers in the code, so it's absurdly unlikely this is Dark Falz Apprentice. It could however, be related to Apprentice for story reasons, but I personally would guarantee this is its own thing.

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 10:20 AM

Couple theories why. Either A)Eucreta stops being Apprentice; because the Insects lack a hive mind, Matoi takes up the mantle (having recently reawoken her PD self). Or B)SEGA remembers that we datamine their bullshit and put it that way to mislead us.

I mean, does anything else have the data headline "abyss" in it? Why is it just this creature? Does it have minions? Mooks? Atm, it's just a standalone.

I may not be versed in Phantasy Star lore like a number of peeps here, but pretty sure that a new Falz like this would have at least SOME followers; if only few in variation and incredibly strong (as JRPGs are wont to give to the big bad).

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 10:20 AM
Totally off-topic but, where am i supposed to look for the icons ?

Cyber Meteor
Jul 18, 2015, 10:23 AM
We already know the color scheme of Falz Apprentice with Yuga Darkers (black and bloody red), what i see in this unfinished Falz Abyss is the color scheme of Anga and Ares weapons (purple and "more normal" red mostly). Also it has a pretty humanoid form tbh, and all the final form of Falz have been far from it. The lower half of the body looks more like a some kind of spatial station to me even has some "Mothership" style to it

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2015, 10:25 AM
We already know the color scheme of Falz Apprentice with Yuga Darkers (black and bloody red), what i see in this unfinished Falz Abyss is the color scheme of Anga and Ares weapons (purple and "more normal" red mostly). Also it has a pretty humanoid form tbh, and all the final form of Falz have been far from it. The lower half of the body looks more like a some kind of spatial station to me even has some "Mothership" style to it

Perhaps I blame the fact that this model is unfinished; and at first glance, appears to take a bit from the gold structure of the Bird Darkers.

Please let me know when y'all finish rendering it.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 10:25 AM
Couple theories why. Either A)Eucreta stops being Apprentice; because the Insects lack a hive mind, Matoi takes up the mantle (having recently reawoken her PD self). Or B)SEGA remembers that we datamine their bullshit and put it that way to mislead us.

I mean, does anything else have the data headline "abyss" in it? Why is it just this creature? Does it have minions? Mooks? Atm, it's just a standalone.

I may not be versed in Phantasy Star lore like a number of peeps here, but pretty sure that a new Falz like this would have at least SOME followers; if only few in variation and incredibly strong (as JRPGs are wont to give to the big bad).

The followers of the Profound Darkness are Dark Falzes.

Totally off-topic but, where am i supposed to look for the icons ?

I don't think there's a central repository, but I wouldn't know.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 10:29 AM
Perhaps I blame the fact that this model is unfinished; and at first glance, appears to take a bit from the gold structure of the Bird Darkers.

Please let me know when y'all finish rendering it.

Lets hope they put other Abyss things in the next patch then.

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 12:00 PM
Couple of things:

1) The music from this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1jwzKyVqI is no doubt, in my opinion, Falz Doublar's theme. Has a Falz Angel feel to it, but it's also upbeat like Hunar's.

As for the music from the reveal trailer for Dark Falz Double's Castle, that is no doubt a Falz theme. How do I know? A few times in that theme, there was a sound effect that I could recognize from a mile away. Each and every Falz, from PSO to PSO2, has this sound effect (3932). Just listen to any other Falz song, and you'll hear it. So it could either be Double's Pre-Boss, or maybe even Double themselves.

2) In terms of DF Abyss' design, a lot of you are just thinking that it looks like just one Falz. In fact, Abyss seems to resemble Elder, Loser, and Apprentice, with elements from Anga. Abyss is supposed to be the true Profound Darkness, right? So why wouldn't look like the father/mother of all Darkers?

Abyss has the same bone-like structure as Anga, same red and black veins as Anga, too! Plus, both Abyss and Anga have a bell-like body.

The purple wings very much resemble Dark Falz Elder's purple wings, but with a little more of a majestic design to them.

The body and arms of Abyss look almost exactly like Falz Angel's. Not to mention to knight-like face that Abyss has, which looks like Angel's face.

Finally, the shoulders and purple ovals that make up the "dress" for Abyss looks similar to the ovals on Apprentice's weapon and headgear.

There is a possibility that all of this means that Abyss will have all kinds of Falz involved with it. As for the host, it's maybe possible that it could be either Matoi, or Persona. I say Persona because, if you ask me, Abyss looks quite male-like, and the fact that they both have a sort of "mask" could also adds on to my belief.

This also goes hand-in-hand with my theory that Anga Fundarge is associated with Persona (don't they both come from another timeline...?). This means Persona has rule over the Photon Darkers.

But anyway, that's just my opinion on this.

Kondibon
Jul 18, 2015, 01:13 PM
It's worth mentioning that other than Persona, who's an anomaly anyway, double absorbed the other two falz because they weren't cooperating in whatever it was planning to do to wake up the profound darkness. So what's actually stopping it from doing that on its own now. If abyss is the profound darkness then it makes sense for it to have similarities to the falz because it's technically the other way around, with them looking like IT.

I hope we get a story quest involving Anga if it's supposed to be important though.

Zorak000
Jul 18, 2015, 01:22 PM
But Loser is considered not a "true Falz" since he came into being on his own, as opposed to a "true Falz" being a literal fragment of PD. Why would PD have parts of a Falz it never created? Maybe abyss here could be all of the falzes fused into one; which wouldn't be PD per se, since PD is supposed to be something much greater

Kondibon
Jul 18, 2015, 01:57 PM
I forgot to mention, though I think someone else mentioned it. People keep going back and forth about whether the funhouse is Double's falz form or if it's just the pre-fight... what if it's both. What if Double is the prefight for Abyss/PD.

And don't give me that "it looks nothing like them" stuff. Elder and Hunar don't look anymore alike than Elder does with any of the fish darkers. Same for Loser and Angel.

But Loser is considered not a "true Falz" since he came into being on his own, as opposed to a "true Falz" being a literal fragment of PD. Why would PD have parts of a Falz it never created? Maybe abyss here could be all of the falzes fused into one; which wouldn't be PD per se, since PD is supposed to be something much greaterDerp, I forgot about him. I was talking about Elder and Apprentice.
Though this does bring into question how and where luther even got his powers from. It seemed to just spontaneously happen.

Of course, what I was getting at with my last post is that all the falzes fusing is supposed to be what summons or creates a body for the PD. Double doesn't actually seem to care where they come from. The thing about him not being a true falz seemed to be more of a comment about how weak he was and how quickly he was defeated. But eh, we'll see.

Lax
Jul 18, 2015, 03:18 PM
Do we have a rip for the double theme from the data?

Cyber Meteor
Jul 18, 2015, 03:19 PM
Though this does bring into question how and where luther even got his powers from. It seemed to just spontaneously happen.

Luther used to be a real Falz before he got the idea to take omniscience from Xion (remember Apprentice from 10 years ago calls him a "traitor" in MB 2-6). When he understood he couldn't get it under his Falz form, he choose to have the proper form, and losing some powers, so that all the ppl interacting with him (photoners and Arks) couldn't suspect he was a Dark Falz. However when he lost the omniscience right when he started to get what Xion saw and understood during her existence, he was so pissed off that his Falz side ended up "unsealed" (if we can see it as "Luther sealed himself"). Also there is the fact Luther is a photoner himself.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 18, 2015, 03:25 PM
Luther didn't start out a Dark Falz. He merely researched how to artificially become one. If the Profound Darkness created Dark Falzes in the sense that it created what constitutes their bodies, then it created the means for Luther to become [Loser], but otherwise no.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2015, 05:04 PM

Well, that better not be The Profound Darkness then, because it isn't intimidating at all, and quite frankly looks like shit, design-wise.

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 05:11 PM
Hey hey, that design doesn't look bad. It's actually really majestic-looking. Almost a true god-like being.

Also, as Lax asked, is there any music data for Double? Should be there somewhere, hopefully. If so, can someone put it in this thread?

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 06:05 PM
Also keep in mind it isn't finished. They are still working on it.

For the music I didn't find anything, I'll look for it tomorrow maybe.

Edit : Someone found a track that has nothing to do with Kuronia, enjoy (check the render Abyss topic)

This might have something to do with that area as well. For some reason two area tracks came down with the precede, not just the new kuronia one.

TN track preview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vI0W3tWDJQ)

silo1991
Jul 18, 2015, 06:06 PM
dark falz abyss looks like something something related with anga fudarge , is gonna be a new photon beast for ultimate amduscia :O

yoshiblue
Jul 18, 2015, 06:28 PM
dark falz abyss looks like something something related with anga fudarge , is gonna be a new photon beast for ultimate amduscia :O

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be used to explain why Anga is a thing. That entire song will have to grow on me. Still doesn't beat the 10 second pipe organ of Anga's theme.

Poyonche
Jul 20, 2015, 06:53 PM
So I just found 2 audio files, seem to concern Double, however idk what I am supposed to do with them, Audacity is like "I play it but no sound come out".

I put it here, in case anyone has the power to do something with them.
(.rar)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rr7c8itek0bw98/11_sound_voice_dfalz03_typeh%2B08_quest_02_toy_dph uman_op.rar?dl=0

Their names are :
-08_quest_02_toy_dphuman_op
-11_sound_voice_dfalz03_typeh

Zanverse
Jul 20, 2015, 07:04 PM
So I just found 2 audio files, seem to concern Double, however idk what I am supposed to do with them, Audacity is like "I play it but no sound come out".

I put it here, in case anyone has the power to do something with them.
(.rar)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rr7c8itek0bw98/11_sound_voice_dfalz03_typeh%2B08_quest_02_toy_dph uman_op.rar?dl=0

Their names are :
-08_quest_02_toy_dphuman_op
-11_sound_voice_dfalz03_typeh

What's with the file type? Is there anyway to convert it?

Edit: I'm more interested in the audio files for the upcoming updates, so if anyone has the full BGM for Kuronia and etc., please send them my way. ;_;

Raujinn
Jul 20, 2015, 07:12 PM
You're better off waiting. Reconstructing music from the files is a complete pain in the arse unfortunately.