PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to help render Dark Falz Abyss?

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 07:53 PM
So, Sega doesn't usually include models so far ahead of time, but in today's prepatch, they've included Dark Falz Abyss' textures, normal map, and their model.

The issue is this, I've absolutely no experience with 3D model things, and I don't know which file is the actual model. I only know which ones are the textures/normal maps.

If someone thinks they could render it, we could all see what Dark Falz Abyss actually looks like ahead of time, which could be quite interesting.

Mattykins
Jul 17, 2015, 07:55 PM
Are we sure it's called Abyss? By this logic, We have Dark Falz Fish, Dark Falz Bird, and Dark Falz Toy.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 07:58 PM
Are we sure it's called Abyss? By this logic, We have Dark Falz Fish, Dark Falz Bird, and Dark Falz Toy.

In lieu of any actual name to call it by, it's what I'm going with.

wefwq
Jul 17, 2015, 08:01 PM
Holy shit, it is the time already? Are we going to summon falz by ourself this time around?

LonelyGaruga
Jul 17, 2015, 08:02 PM
"Abyss" is one of the meanings the kanji used in the Profound Darkness' name can be translated as. Profound as in bottomless, unfathomable, abyssal, etc.

That's not Dark Falz Abyss that was datamined, that's the Profound Darkness.

Oh hey, looking at the textures...I think I know a program that can do this. It's called Noesis (http://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php), and it was commonly used in the texture hacking group for DDFF. At least, it was recommended to me for that purpose. I think that it can be used to view PSO2's models.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2015, 08:04 PM
Wait, Big Momma PD is already being unleashed?

labyrinth
Jul 17, 2015, 08:05 PM
send me the model and texture in a usable format (.obj, .png etc.) and i will try

Maenara
Jul 17, 2015, 08:20 PM
LonelyGaruga is gonna try and render it, so we'll get back on that.

Jaquecz
Jul 18, 2015, 12:23 AM
Big Balz Abyss.... Sorry It sounded funny in my head.

Maenara
Jul 18, 2015, 01:33 AM
Here's a download link for a zip containing all Dark Falz Abyss' files as of this time, if anyone wants to take a go at it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk0htc9zpw6y982/dp%20abyss.zip?dl=0

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 04:02 AM
I'll take a look in a bit.

Edit: The Noesis plugin I have can't decode the AQOs anymore. I guess SEGA changed the format or encryption?

I also think it's strange that the diffuse map texture is colored a flat tan, as if it's incomplete?
But the detail seems to be complete in the normal map and the specular? map.

Edit2: And, as I suspected, the Abyss textures look a lot like Elder parts.
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/61759.jpg

The more interesting texture is the one that looks like a damaged black Arks uniform. Or weapon.

Shinamori
Jul 18, 2015, 08:25 AM
Seems Noesis can't export the AQO. Maybe the script needs to be updated.

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 02:38 PM
There was some talk on the ripping forum about the old version being 4 and the new version being 7.
But these files decrypted from the packages correctly, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the textures.
Unless they only used version 7 for the models to prevent people peeking.

Or to try and slow down people modding models into nudes?

Shinamori
Jul 18, 2015, 02:53 PM
The error seems to spit something out something about unicode error.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 02:55 PM
The more interesting texture is the one that looks like a damaged black Arks uniform. Or weapon.

Are you talking about those three things ?
http://imgur.com/RzP9bzR,CVgHv74,zohohOz#0

Kondibon
Jul 18, 2015, 03:01 PM
Are you talking about those three things ?
http://imgur.com/RzP9bzR,CVgHv74,zohohOz#0I think that might be a ship.

Poyonche
Jul 18, 2015, 03:07 PM
I found those in the same file I found Abyss textures things.

Maybe PD area ?

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2015, 04:31 PM
Hopefully it's a texture for Dudu and Monica's counter.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 18, 2015, 05:00 PM
This might have something to do with that area as well. For some reason two area tracks came down with the precede, not just the new kuronia one.

For the time being I've decided to remove these.

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 05:14 PM
Could be the pre-map to Falz Double?

Kondibon
Jul 18, 2015, 05:19 PM
Could be the pre-map to Falz Double?Most likely. It sounds a lot like the waiting music for Elder and Loser.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 18, 2015, 05:29 PM
I had the same thought but the B track is too long for that.

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 05:36 PM
Hm... I have a theory. What if there is a new Mothership/Darker's Den area, but for Double? Maybe that's the theme for it? I dunno.

Also, has a very Anga Fundarge theme type of feel to it. Hmmm....

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 18, 2015, 05:41 PM
I think that more fits in line. when I saw the image above, I thought that might have been the original mothership that was lost 100 years before the darkers appeared. (I haven't played past 2-2 yet so spoiler tag please if I'm wrong)

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 05:46 PM
Hmmm... So that could possibly mean that there IS a link between Double's Castle and Abyss. Huh.

EvilMag
Jul 18, 2015, 05:49 PM
What if...
Falz Double is really the mid-boss and the true final boss of Ep3 is the Profound Darkness the whole time? Seems really odd to already put in his model in the game.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2015, 05:58 PM
What if...
Falz Double is really the mid-boss and the true final boss of Ep3 is the Profound Darkness the whole time? Seems really odd to already put in his model in the game.

Because Apprentice and Persona haven't been engaged in battle yet, and I highly doubt they'd skip right to the FINAL final boss before that happens.

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 05:58 PM
OKAY. WHOA. Just did a comparison between Anga's theme, the theme from the Castle reveal, this presumable new area theme, and the theme in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1jwzKyVqI. Each one, except for the reveal trailer for Double's Castle almost the same instruments in their songs. So there are 2 possibilities:

1) The theme in this new area might be linked to Anga in some way (maybe it'll be revealed after Ultimate Amduscia, which might be announced this fall?) Also, Anga's theme and the theme in the trailer with C-Mode II are incredibly similar to me. Plus, this goes together with my Anga = Persona's "Mag" theory. And Persona = Abyss?

2) I could be very wrong, and SEGA is just throwing things around to put us all off.

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 06:02 PM
Also, for anyone that's a Sonic fan like me, that theme sounds awfully similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhywlIDzIg

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 06:31 PM
That theme really sounds like it's for a new area, not just the waiting room before Double. If I had to guess, it's probably going to be in the final story quest.

Judging from the battlefield the castle is being fought in, Double creates some manner of huge Darker structure. Wouldn't be surprised if it's meant to serve as the site of the Profound Darkness' rebirth, which Matoi is obviously going to play a part in if the datamined "Abyss" versions of her are any indication.

Shinamori
Jul 18, 2015, 06:49 PM
OKAY. WHOA. Just did a comparison between Anga's theme, the theme from the Castle reveal, this presumable new area theme, and the theme in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1jwzKyVqI. Each one, except for the reveal trailer for Double's Castle almost the same instruments in their songs. So there are 2 possibilities:

1) The theme in this new area might be linked to Anga in some way (maybe it'll be revealed after Ultimate Amduscia, which might be announced this fall?) Also, Anga's theme and the theme in the trailer with C-Mode II are incredibly similar to me. Plus, this goes together with my Anga = Persona's "Mag" theory. And Persona = Abyss?

2) I could be very wrong, and SEGA is just throwing things around to put us all off.

3) The same composer could have made both Song.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 18, 2015, 10:26 PM
Here's a reconstruction of the base battle track. Sadly I messed up a few times in transitioning tracks. (Each chunk is between 4-9 seconds long, mostly 4 but sometimes the longer ones threw me off) What you're not hearing is the rhythm along with a large violin track that also plays through most of it.

For the time being I've decided to remove these.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlkkd3LNH0Q)

Meteor Weapon
Jul 18, 2015, 10:52 PM
Hearing that track, I'm feeling Rykros would make another appearance once again

Zanverse
Jul 18, 2015, 11:08 PM
So it IS in fact a new area! Haha, guess I was right. Here comes the new Toy Darker's Den!

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2015, 11:31 PM
Are area themes normally that long?

It sounds like it could be a boss theme with the rhythm and violins included.

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 12:23 AM
Are area themes normally that long?

It sounds like it could be a boss theme with the rhythm and violins included.
If you mean the "Field" tracks, yeah it's pretty long since like the tracks are divided to several parts (normal, battle, etc) each has slightly different beats etc sounds into it and changes seamlessly.
On the official soundtracks, several field theme can easly goes up to 5~10 mins each, but not counting the battle version.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 19, 2015, 04:26 AM
@Jonathan_F Pretty cool track, i really look forward to hear the complete version of it. :D

Shinamori
Jul 19, 2015, 06:29 AM
Sounds like type of "final boss" crystalline-like castle theme.

Rakurai
Jul 19, 2015, 07:57 AM
Seems fitting for the conclusion of episode 3 if that's what is.

Hope it's a long quest like the Mothership quest in episode 2.

Searaphim
Jul 19, 2015, 08:16 AM
Here's a reconstruction of the base battle track. Sadly I messed up a few times in transitioning tracks. (Each chunk is between 4-9 seconds long, mostly 4 but sometimes the longer ones threw me off) What you're not hearing is the rhythm along with a large violin track that also plays through most of it.

TN Battle O Tracks - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlkkd3LNH0Q)

This kinda reminds me of vincent valentine's theme from ffvii or maybe tales of symphonia music cuz of the tubular bells and the harpsichord? idk it just feels familiar

Poyonche
Jul 20, 2015, 03:29 PM
Sorry for that bump but I am curious Jonathan, in what files did you find those ?

Great Pan
Jul 20, 2015, 07:07 PM
Dak Matoi, that is all.

[Ayumi]
Jul 21, 2015, 04:05 PM
Seems Noesis can't export the AQO. Maybe the script needs to be updated.

That script needed an update since 2013 or 2014.
Been trying to get them to update it, but no one seems to care to do it anymore.
If I knew how to, I would myself personally.
I really want the new Pioneer 2 team remodeling background.

Renvalt
Jul 21, 2015, 11:04 PM
;3275241']
I really want the new Pioneer 2 team remodeling background.

By any chance, would you be wanting it for use in modding PSO1?

Because that's what I would've done if I had access to the material (and didn't suck so bad at modding).

[Ayumi]
Jul 21, 2015, 11:44 PM
By any chance, would you be wanting it for use in modding PSO1?

Because that's what I would've done if I had access to the material (and didn't suck so bad at modding).

Nope. I just wanted the whole layout to try something with it outside of the game actually.
After that though, I would probably try and yes stick it into PSO and see how it would go.
The same I would've tried with Gal's area as well.
It seems all of the levels/stages/areas/backgrounds after a certain update can't be exported through noesis.
PRetty much from what it seems, only Episode 1 areas can be exported while anything Episode 2 and up either gives errors or crashes noesis.
Haven't located the Hunter outfits either, but I haven't really look for them though.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2015, 12:22 PM
Dunno if this is old news, but I saw it on MMOloda and going by how it's textured, it's clearly that Dark Falz Abyss model.

http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=61817

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 22, 2015, 12:27 PM
Dunno if this is old news, but I saw it on MMOloda and going by how it's textured, it's clearly that Dark Falz Abyss model.

http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=61817

Looks kinda like Anga Fundarge on steroids.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 22, 2015, 12:28 PM
It's pretty recent, like it was revealed 3 days ago.

Raujinn
Jul 22, 2015, 02:13 PM
It's a re-upload of the PSUmods render.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2015, 03:38 PM
Ahh, I figured they probably did it. I don't visit there, so I've no idea what they're up to.