PDA

View Full Version : SEA .....................

Sinon
Jul 18, 2015, 04:43 PM

Zorua
Jul 18, 2015, 04:48 PM
Time to go make that Samurai/Wizard I've been dreaming of. Then I'll chug down all the health drinks that I want.

.Jack
Jul 18, 2015, 04:54 PM
can confirm, no vpn needed at this time

Mattykins
Jul 18, 2015, 04:59 PM
Desperation confirmed. Things must be bad, lol

pkemr4
Jul 18, 2015, 05:13 PM
>inb4 server renamed to Global
there's your English release guys :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))))

DrCatco
Jul 18, 2015, 06:25 PM

You monster. To mock us like that ...

I lol'ed :grin:

Meteor Weapon
Jul 18, 2015, 07:15 PM
Is SEA still IP blocked from JP?

GHNeko
Jul 18, 2015, 07:18 PM

this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.

final_attack
Jul 18, 2015, 07:25 PM
Is SEA still IP blocked from JP?

Yes, too bad it's still IP blocked :(

CoWorker
Jul 18, 2015, 08:43 PM
welp... Nazonde Star Online 2 is open to everyone :D
...still i think people will turn away cuz the market prices are waaaay to damn high...

Meteor Weapon
Jul 18, 2015, 10:04 PM
Inb4 they ask JP for global IP block and the whole world burns

The Walrus
Jul 18, 2015, 10:09 PM
Inb4 they ask JP for global IP block and the whole world burns

It'd be a nice excuse to finally drop this shit

#idon'tknowwhyihaven'tuninstalledpso2yet

metatime
Jul 18, 2015, 10:15 PM
I'm going to try it. From USA, PA

Jorudenu
Jul 18, 2015, 10:24 PM
Hello guy :)! I'm new here and i'll introduce myself soon but i need your help. I install the game from pso2.playpark.com/en , created myself an account, launch the PSO2 Tweaker since i had trouble to launch the launcher ''auto shut down about patch problem'' and now it's not working alway saying disconnected from the game when i enter my info. Is there a different client i'm suppose to launch? download the jap version or this one? Please land me a hand would be nice to be able to play with other english players even if i'm french from Québec Canada ^^!

elryan
Jul 18, 2015, 10:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck playpark.

The only way I'll forgive them is if SEGA JP lifts SEA IP ban.

emeraude
Jul 18, 2015, 10:37 PM
The Tweaker doesn't really work with SEA, it was made for the JP client. Download the JP client.

Jorudenu
Jul 18, 2015, 11:13 PM
So since i have problem with the SEA version ''funpark'' it mean the client had a trouble since some are able to play on it.... rahhh! I'll ask another question sempai! Is there a group of english players on JP so i can climb on the game and enjoy sweet moment :D?

dingophone
Jul 19, 2015, 12:13 AM
This thread made me vomit thanks everyone :)

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 12:16 AM
The only thing that matters are when SEA IP block are being lifted from JP server, PSO2SEA can just go to the deepest part of ocean and die alone there.

This thread made me vomit thanks everyone :)
lel PSO2SEA folk mad that everyone here shitting at their server, huh?

Jorudenu
Jul 19, 2015, 01:14 AM
The only thing that matters are when SEA IP block are being lifted from JP server, PSO2SEA can just go to the deepest part of ocean and die alone there.

lel PSO2SEA folk mad that everyone here shitting at their server, huh?

I guess if people spit on SEA server it mean you guys are playing on JP server :-??

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 01:17 AM
42/10 would not SEA again.

Zorua
Jul 19, 2015, 01:17 AM
People play on the SEA server?

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 01:24 AM
Nope. JP is the place to be... unless you're on ship 09 because you called your Ship 02 character Kirito Kirigaya and now you're too ashamed to show your face in public.

Jorudenu
Jul 19, 2015, 01:26 AM
Mind telling me the ''Ship'' number you guys are :D?!

Zorua
Jul 19, 2015, 01:27 AM
Mind telling me the ''Ship'' number you guys are :D?!
Most people are on ship 2

Mesarthim
Jul 19, 2015, 01:31 AM
I have no intention of dropping my progress, costumes (yes the kawaii factor is very important, never forget!), gear, and a place where I am not called a Wizard to be a... Wizard.

My class is called a Wizard in SEA right? Excuse me while I cast hocus pocus.

Jorudenu
Jul 19, 2015, 01:31 AM
Thx for the info hope i'll be able to play pretty soon. Need to download the game again... since i download the client for SAE and not JP. Oh well, can't wait to give a try tomorrow ^^!

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 01:37 AM
Mind telling me the ''Ship'' number you guys are :grin:?!

Most people are on ship 2
What have you done? Another potential SEAmen server players got lured onto the JP server.
get fucked, playpark.

I have no intention of dropping my progress, costumes (yes the kawaii factor is very important, never forget!), gear, and a place where I am not called a Wizard to be a... Wizard.

My class is called a Wizard in SEA right? Excuse me while I cast hocus pocus.
I'll break your black magic with folded over thousand times steel blade.

Jorudenu
Jul 19, 2015, 01:49 AM
What have you done? Another potential SEAmen server players got lured onto the JP server.
get fucked, playpark.

Sorry i tried to climb on the game but after 2hours trying to fix the launcher i've lost hope. Was trying on to go on both ship or simply ''play'' but, false hope, same error again and again :(

emeraude
Jul 19, 2015, 02:28 AM
Sorry i tried to climb on the game but after 2hours trying to fix the launcher i've lost hope. Was trying on to go on both ship or simply ''play'' but, false hope, same error again and again :(
What error are you getting?

.Jack
Jul 19, 2015, 02:53 AM

I dunno it's pretty straight forward, you download the entire game (15 gigs I think) use a vpn connection for the area and launch. The launcher updates just like the JP version. Now there's no VPN required at this time so any error is probably something pc related on your end. If it's a downloading issue I would recommend using the torrent option, that's how I downloaded the game.

Ithildin
Jul 19, 2015, 06:15 AM

Any luck Zenneth?

Poyonche
Jul 19, 2015, 06:18 AM
PSO2SEA, the only places where it worth it to takes Guard Stance because enemies hit 51548941894 times harder than JP enemies.

Rakurai
Jul 19, 2015, 06:28 AM
Just how much worse is it in that regard, anyhow?

Like...all normal enemies can OHKO FOs bad?

Poyonche
Jul 19, 2015, 06:42 AM
I remember someone posting a topic, saying he was FO/TE and geting OHKO by a Sol Deegalla

emeraude
Jul 19, 2015, 06:43 AM
Just how much worse is it in that regard, anyhow?

Like...all normal enemies can OHKO FOs bad?
Like Mr. Umblla (56) in VHAQ hits you (55/55 Fi/Hu, full Varder set) for 700 bad.
SH is worse.

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 06:49 AM
PSO2SEA, the only places where it worth it to takes Guard Stance because enemies hit 51548941894 times harder than JP enemies.
Well those scape dolls (or whatever they call it on SEA, voodoo dolls?) ain't gonna sell itself, right?

Skyly
Jul 19, 2015, 06:51 AM
What is the best gear for PSO2sea. Does it have bouncer?

emeraude
Jul 19, 2015, 07:05 AM
Well those scape dolls (or whatever they call it on SEA, voodoo dolls?) ain't gonna sell itself, right?

neither will these
http://i.imgur.com/hv7pflm.png

What is the best gear for PSO2sea. Does it have bouncer?

no bouncer yet. 65 cap, no TD, no seabed yet, quarry last boss.
best gear is basically pick any 10* rod and do 600k/tick nazonde :wacko:

Skyly
Jul 19, 2015, 07:10 AM
neither will these

Thanks for that info. I should have specifically said what is best melee gear. And Vardha units the best?

emeraude
Jul 19, 2015, 07:14 AM
Thanks for that info. I should have specifically said what is best melee gear. And Vardha units the best?

Nah, that Umblla test was taken when Ep2 first hit. The best units are Gloam and XQ units I think? No crafting yet. For weaps the uncommon ones would be the Elder 11* and weapons around the damage range of the 10* Dio series.

Asuka~
Jul 19, 2015, 07:18 AM
neither will these

I heard that those abilities on costumes are similar to timed abilities in that it doesn't last 'forever'. Is that true? :o

CoWorker
Jul 19, 2015, 07:29 AM
I heard that those abilities on costumes are similar to timed abilities in that it doesn't last 'forever'. Is that true? :o

yeah it kinda last till a new AC scratch comes in

i like how some of the SEA people claim its not "Pay2Win" with those costume affixes... well affixed gear cant reach that (they give % damage bonus than raw stats), so does craft timed ability... hell some costumes have +75~100% rare drop boost....

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 19, 2015, 08:04 AM
yeah it kinda last till a new AC scratch comes in

i like how some of the SEA people claim its not "Pay2Win" with those costume affixes... well affixed gear cant reach that (they give % damage bonus than raw stats), so does craft timed ability... hell some costumes have +75~100% rare drop boost....

That is pay to win. That quite clearly crossed the line of convenience.

TimWessel
Jul 19, 2015, 09:23 AM
Ok, so the Global server is the mainly english one?

RadiantLegend
Jul 19, 2015, 09:31 AM

:O Really?

Mildora
Jul 19, 2015, 10:00 AM
My dream of becoming the best PSO2 SEA player just went down the drain.

TheszNuts
Jul 19, 2015, 10:27 AM
Can I have a list of what SEA doesn't have? I seriously had a group of "diehard pso fans" try and tell me its the same exact server but in English...

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 10:29 AM
Can I have a list of what SEA doesn't have? I seriously had a group of "diehard pso fans" try and tell me its the same exact server but in English...
It doesn't have trust from the majority of PSO-W folks.

Poyonche
Jul 19, 2015, 10:30 AM
It doesn't have TD. From that you can't play on SEA servers.

metatime
Jul 19, 2015, 10:43 AM
Any luck Zenneth?

lol Hey Ithildin, Gonna try it today, was out at 6 flags yesterday (was a bit sick though). Hoping no VPN, don't want to deal with that.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 19, 2015, 11:00 AM
Why are you guys trying so hard to play an inferior version of it?

Poyonche
Jul 19, 2015, 11:02 AM
I want to see how does it feel when Hunter have two useful stances.

RmxVer
Jul 19, 2015, 11:15 AM
Has anybody from Europe tried out if they can access or is it only US that was lifted from the blocks?

Poyonche
Jul 19, 2015, 11:42 AM
I was able to download. However, had problem with launcher so i uninstalled that shit lol

final_attack
Jul 19, 2015, 11:49 AM
I was able to download. However, had problem with launcher so i uninstalled that shit lol

Let me guess .... "Server full. Try again later" ?

Anon_Fire
Jul 19, 2015, 12:07 PM
I can't download it because my Antivirus thinks it's a threat.

elryan
Jul 19, 2015, 12:11 PM
When you're looking at those pay-to-win costumes, suddenly 13* power creep in PSO2 JP doesn't look so bad.

Chdata
Jul 19, 2015, 12:30 PM
I want to see how does it feel when Hunter have two useful stances.

you mean like having fury stance and wise stance at the same time?

landman
Jul 19, 2015, 03:22 PM
Has anybody from Europe tried out if they can access or is it only US that was lifted from the blocks?
I can connect with no problems, other than having to use rappyperms as always.

RmxVer
Jul 19, 2015, 03:28 PM
Downloaded SEA version, tried to open launcher then "Pso2updater.exe error" .......god

KazeSenoue
Jul 19, 2015, 04:13 PM

Players. Bouncer. Balance.

metatime
Jul 19, 2015, 07:40 PM
:O Really?

Hey Aim! =D Just testing to see if the ip block is down or not.

I have to say that from the US there is no IP block to the SEA server.

Tomo-Kinji
Jul 19, 2015, 09:04 PM
Only plebs plays 1 server only 8-) Proudly SEA/JP player here. Go play sea server for lulz or play jp server for dose of elitism

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 19, 2015, 09:13 PM
Hello guy :)! I'm new here and i'll introduce myself soon but i need your help. I install the game from pso2.playpark.com/en , created myself an account, launch the PSO2 Tweaker since i had trouble to launch the launcher ''auto shut down about patch problem'' and now it's not working alway saying disconnected from the game when i enter my info. Is there a different client i'm suppose to launch? download the jap version or this one? Please land me a hand would be nice to be able to play with other english players even if i'm french from Québec Canada ^^!

can we make it clear to all new players that PSO2 SEA is shit. We need to make a sticky stating htis.

And btw @jorudenu, no one plays on SEA, play on pso2 JP instead. Do yourself a favor.

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 10:29 PM
Only plebs plays 1 server only 8-) Proudly SEA/JP player here. Go play sea server for lulz or play jp server for dose of elitism
I don't want to waste time and hard disk space.

Vampy
Jul 19, 2015, 11:58 PM
can we make it clear to all new players that PSO2 SEA is shit. We need to make a sticky stating htis.

And btw @jorudenu, no one plays on SEA, play on pso2 JP instead. Do yourself a favor.

This isn't really helpful at this point if people want to play on SEA let them play on SEA some people don't want to go through the effort of patching constantly and dealing with incomplete translations. These people more than likely won't last more than a month or two if they waited this long. Even if they had all the tools best way to see if they will stick around is if they do play on SEA and have a translated game they have been begging for. If not then they won't stick around even with an NA release.

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2015, 12:00 AM
Ugh. PSO2 JP is more than big enough.
I can't imagine having multiple regions of PSO2 eating up all my hard drive space.

Jorudenu
Jul 20, 2015, 12:03 AM
Well it's not that i was looking to play a specific server i just saw the region lock taken off and i was like... OMG OMG OMG i was waiting for this moment, my body is ready! Now i'm looking to download the JP version so i'm doing research to get it so if anybody got tips or a forum link with every detail explained i'll be very happy :)!

BTW if you have a server or what you call a team "guess it's the name of the guild system ^^" don't hesitate i'm looking foward to play with you guy :D!

Meteor Weapon
Jul 20, 2015, 12:07 AM
Why are you guys trying so hard to play an inferior version of it?

Like...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m49rht2W5t1rw0b33o1_500.jpg

Maenara
Jul 20, 2015, 12:59 AM
I saw a video of PSO2 SEA where Nazonde was doing 260k damage a tick.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 20, 2015, 01:03 AM
Great! Now we can all connect to the inferior version!

... :disapprove:

emeraude
Jul 20, 2015, 02:39 AM
I saw a video of PSO2 SEA where Nazonde was doing 260k damage a tick.
That's normal damage on SH Falz Arms. With WB on the butt I can do 600k per tick. Lol.

Maenara
Jul 20, 2015, 03:18 AM
On PSO2 SEA? Cause last time I checked Nazonde did ~200 power per tick in Japan.

Erza
Jul 20, 2015, 03:48 AM
pso2 sea is an abomination i hope the server goes to hell soon : )

.Jack
Jul 20, 2015, 03:56 AM
On PSO2 SEA? Cause last time I checked Nazonde did ~200 power per tick in Japan.

Lightning tree is currently best for FO/TE players followed by fire setup if I'm not mistaken.

CoWorker
Jul 20, 2015, 06:20 AM
i rather commit sudoku than enduring SEA's -99% drop rates, inflated market, and stupid enemy damage values...

SakuRei
Jul 20, 2015, 06:42 AM
*reads about SEA removing the IP block*

So... They're planning to lure out westerners to play their horrible server... WHEN PIGS FLY! Hahah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

emeraude
Jul 20, 2015, 08:47 AM
Ah yeah, that's on SEA, I have an account on both SEA and JP.

Rakurai
Jul 20, 2015, 08:52 AM
I'm guessing they probably goofed and made it do the tech's full damage notation per hit instead of spreading it out over all the hits like it's supposed to.

CoWorker
Jul 20, 2015, 09:25 AM
I'm guessing they probably goofed and made it do the tech's full damage notation per hit instead of spreading it out over all the hits like it's supposed to.
Sakura Endo and Rodeo Drive are one of those examples....

Zorak000
Jul 20, 2015, 12:41 PM
seeing people flock to this is killing me on the inside

metatime
Jul 20, 2015, 01:22 PM

It's beginning to spread on many of the mmo news sites.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/20/phantasy-star-online-2s-southeast-asian-version-is-no-longer-region-locked/

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/35635/Phantasy-Star-Online-2-Region-Lock-Reportedly-Removed.html#comments

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-07-18/phantasy_star_online_2_sea_removed_ip_block.shtml

and more

SakuRei
Jul 20, 2015, 01:23 PM
Hey guys! There'll be a new class in PSO2 SEA called... "Ninja"

What's the secret of the class you say? It has Double Swords and can dash or glide in the air! Ooh! And--and an awesome Hover Leg Blades! Not to mention it can cast "Magic" and you can do a double jump! Just like a NINJA!

Damn I love PSO2 SEA--

Ok... that's it... I'd wish I haven't said that... I need a gun...

edited: I've put a "do" Ugh...

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2015, 01:33 PM
Just find someone and hug it out. Therapy group sessions will be hosted every Thursday.

the_importer_
Jul 20, 2015, 01:41 PM

Could be worst, they could be coming here instead, imagine the EQs after that :p

pkemr4
Jul 20, 2015, 01:58 PM
Wouldn't mean much because people would just make private mpas

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2015, 03:20 PM
I find it funny that people still go on about the translations when the real problems with SEA are how poorly it's managed, how out of hand the economy got, and everything they did to costumes.

The Walrus
Jul 20, 2015, 04:07 PM
Nope, translations are the biggest issue.

Poyonche
Jul 20, 2015, 04:33 PM
"Wait what ? You mean it is possible to get Grinders for 1050 Meseta ? I thought the minimal price was 109k."

Also

derp

Congratulations ! I have the pleasure to tell you : You're post is my new signature on this forum.

Freshellent
Jul 20, 2015, 07:26 PM
I find it funny that people still go on about the translations when the real problems with SEA are how poorly it's managed, how out of hand the economy got, and everything they did to costumes.

Sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Briefly. I considered giving it a shot despite myself but upon actually seeing what they've done to the game (that I still don't completely find myself supporting the original) I decided to stay far, far away.

Cimohai
Jul 20, 2015, 08:55 PM
region lock removed ?
its probably just temporary, wait and see until next maintenance.
some said its just a temporary workaround for people within sea region that has connection issue.

as for content, sea has the same content and update as tw server.
the only difference is tw server has 2 months ahead of update.
so if tw got seabed update on august, sea will get it on sept or oct.

next update on sea ? 6 august, probably crafting and 10* pass like in tw

as for translation, aug in costume and damage mechanic, my opinion is :
i personally blame sega, i seriously doubt the publisher aka asiasoft has the resources and capability to alter the file or configuration of the game.
in fact since tw has the same content and mechanic as sea, it made me think that sega want this kind of mechanic on all non jpn pso2 server.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 20, 2015, 09:00 PM
fans could do it, why cant @soft do it?

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2015, 09:12 PM
as for translation, aug in costume and damage mechanic, my opinion is :
i personally blame sega, i seriously doubt the publisher aka asiasoft has the resources and capability to alter the file or configuration of the game.
in fact since tw has the same content and mechanic as sea, it made me think that sega want this kind of mechanic on all non jpn pso2 server.I didn't bring that stuff up to throw blame in any one direction. Just to point out that the translation isn't the worst thing going on in the SEA servers, regardless of who's idea it is.

risaxseph
Jul 21, 2015, 12:04 AM
i seriously doubt the publisher aka asiasoft has the resources and capability to alter the file or configuration of the game.
in fact since tw has the same content and mechanic as sea, it made me think that sega want this kind of mechanic on all non jpn pso2 server.

I never post here becuase I stopped playing PSO2 due to translation issues (I.E. I am not Japanese and thus becuase I do not know the language it is pointless for me to play when I lose half the game). Anyway the news of this game actually having a decent English patch now brought me back and I found this thread...

With regards to this comment most game developers actually include in the license for companies that publish their game in a specific region that they can DO NOTHING without the developer saying yes. In other words if SEGA did what most developers do Asiasoft can literally do nothing but cash whore the game becuase of the terms of their contract (that sounds like something SEGA would do doesn't it?). The only thing the publishers are able to do in most MMOs I have seen in provide customer service, spawn items (in limited cases), deal with disputes and collect money... Probably is a similar thing for this (as I said above it just sounds like something SEGA would do).

EDIT: Not that Asiasoft would want to do anything anyway; the like two games I have played where these guys published ended up being pretty bad but yeah...

neilp4453
Jul 21, 2015, 01:06 AM
This is why I like MMOs/Online RPGs that charge a monthly free.

F2P with micro-transactions makes the game more accessible but I've never really enjoyed the idea that someone can pay to get an advantage.

elryan
Jul 21, 2015, 02:08 AM
This is why I like MMOs/Online RPGs that charge a monthly free.

F2P with micro-transactions makes the game more accessible but I've never really enjoyed the idea that someone can pay to get an advantage.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/U1XhGr8CWqvVC/200_s.gif

Kondibon
Jul 21, 2015, 02:27 AM
F2P with micro-transactions makes the game more accessible but I've never really enjoyed the idea that someone can pay to get an advantage.I never really understood this argument. If you're willing to pay, and don't have a problem with people paying, why do you care if paying players get an advantage since you'd be one anyway. Why is not letting people play at all a better alternative to letting them play at their own pace and decide for themselves when they consider the game worth paying for? (from a consumer perspective at least)

Don't misunderstand me, the F2P market is full of games that try to take advantage of people and squeeze as much cash out as they can, but that specific argument against the f2p micro-transaction model as a whole never held water to me.

TheszNuts
Jul 21, 2015, 03:51 AM
Tbh, pay2win doesn't exactly exist on pso2. To be able to trade for weapon unit passes you have to find an item of the same rarity so say even if u wanted a certain 10/11/12* item you still have to be in a position to get one.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 21, 2015, 04:21 AM
"Players from over the world can play this official English version"

Espri
Jul 21, 2015, 04:44 AM
Tbh, pay2win doesn't exactly exist on pso2. To be able to trade for weapon unit passes you have to find an item of the same rarity so say even if u wanted a certain 10/11/12* item you still have to be in a position to get one.

Not when costumes can be affixed.

wefwq
Jul 21, 2015, 06:23 AM
Not when the affix in the costume has expiration date.

Poyonche
Jul 21, 2015, 06:54 AM
Not when AsiaSoft is in charge of the game.

Calamity
Jul 21, 2015, 06:58 AM
Is there a specific ship all the English players are using ?

CoWorker
Jul 21, 2015, 07:15 AM
is somebody going to SEA and do a video review about it? i would love if they make it similar to this guy's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVFLV3vHss

neilp4453
Jul 21, 2015, 10:43 AM
I never really understood this argument. If you're willing to pay, and don't have a problem with people paying, why do you care if paying players get an advantage since you'd be one anyway. Why is not letting people play at all a better alternative to letting them play at their own pace and decide for themselves when they consider the game worth paying for? (from a consumer perspective at least)

Don't misunderstand me, the F2P market is full of games that try to take advantage of people and squeeze as much cash out as they can, but that specific argument against the f2p micro-transaction model as a whole never held water to me.

The thing is, I don't want to pay $9.99 per month. But I know the company has to make money so I'm willing to choose that model over a F2P model.

Everyone starts at the same place and progresses at the same rate. Time invested is the main criteria...not money invested.

At the end of the day, games like these are all about greed and loot. I don't want someone to be able to dish out $20 more than I am per month and get ahead of the game without doing any additional work.

Basically, playing alongside people who paid their way to the top doesn't sit well with me. To me, it is just like buying meseta. Since Sega controls it..it isn't a bannable offense. Just a big old corporation doing their thing.

The Walrus
Jul 21, 2015, 10:47 AM
Is there a specific ship all the English players are using ?

JP Ship 2

SakuRei
Jul 21, 2015, 01:15 PM
Just find someone and hug it out. Therapy group sessions will be hosted every Thursday.

Hugs won't do enough. I need a syringe and a toilet bowl cleaner to purify my soul.

"Wait what ? You mean it is possible to get Grinders for 1050 Meseta ? I thought the minimal price was 109k."

Also

Congratulations ! I have the pleasure to tell you : You're post is my new signature on this forum.

Tbh, I'm not mad... I'm actually proud of it that you made it as a signature!--except where the part where I said that I love PSO2 SEA-- *barfs*

And... uhh... It should've been and you can do a* at the part of the double jump... Uuuuugh. Too lazy to edit.

pkemr4
Jul 21, 2015, 01:24 PM
is somebody going to SEA and do a video review about it? i would love if they make it similar to this guy's:

SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online [ENGLISH SERVER] - Server Launch First Impressions - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVFLV3vHss)

>whackymodder
lel

dingophone
Jul 21, 2015, 01:40 PM
The thing is, I don't want to pay $9.99 per month. But I know the company has to make money so I'm willing to choose that model over a F2P model.

Everyone starts at the same place and progresses at the same rate. Time invested is the main criteria...not money invested.

At the end of the day, games like these are all about greed and loot. I don't want someone to be able to dish out $20 more than I am per month and get ahead of the game without doing any additional work.

Basically, playing alongside people who paid their way to the top doesn't sit well with me. To me, it is just like buying meseta. Since Sega controls it..it isn't a bannable offense. Just a big old corporation doing their thing.

But PSO2 JP isn't pay to win?

Zorak000
Jul 21, 2015, 03:02 PM
if it is anything, it is "pay for a membership to get into VIP space to play with the people who are not horrible at the game without needing to log in 5 hours in advance"

I get team members without premium logging in 30 minutes before a major scheduled EQ and have to go to b23+. from there I have heard tales of failed phase 1 magatsu runs and loser runs that time out because nobody has weak bullet or mirage...

but that's really more that they really need a system to ensure all MPAs have the class skills required to finish in a timely manner *cough*weakbullet*cough*

[Ayumi]
Jul 21, 2015, 03:17 PM
I'll be nicer than I was on the one article I saw on this a few days ago.

"Big Whoop!" in simplest terms is how I see it.
I remember seeing videos of SEA a while back and was even considered trying it out when I heard about the IP problems with the JPN PSO2 servers.
I remember trying to get on PSO2 when I just was able to log in a week or so earlier only to find out I was unable to get on... before finding ways to get on.

The font on SEA really bugged me. Names being way too small for the UI and the chatting area looked horrible.
Didn't help when I heard about the "Wizards" with their magic which was a joke.
I knew the game would've been way outdated and all too, but to make it worse is what I just saw on here that I didn't know of before...
...well no I heard about it actually last night, but no one went into full detail.
I did hear the costumes had abilities on them just like how PSO2 JPN alpha did... but I do know they were removed from JPN servers when many did not like that.
They go away after the next AC come up? So pretty much forcing you to get new costumes whether you hate how all of them look just so you can get the buff or be really outclassed?

And yeah, these guys have to be getting desperate as one of the articles I've read said. They said many people been leaving the servers since the blocking that the place at times seem deserted.
Didn't help when I heard how the prices were to buy things in the shops on there too.. wait hang on did I hear before to BUY from the shop, just to buy, you needed to have premium?

Poyonche
Jul 21, 2015, 03:43 PM
I noticed one good thing on that version, people are actually very nice.

FantasyHeaven
Jul 21, 2015, 03:47 PM
if it is anything, it is "pay for a membership to get into VIP space to play with the people who are not horrible at the game without needing to log in 5 hours in advance"

I get team members without premium logging in 30 minutes before a major scheduled EQ and have to go to b23+. from there I have heard tales of failed phase 1 magatsu runs and loser runs that time out because nobody has weak bullet or mirage...

but that's really more that they really need a system to ensure all MPAs have the class skills required to finish in a timely manner *cough*weakbullet*cough*
That's not true at all though. You find plenty of b1 players on the higher blocks. I've had way worse runs on b13 (or whatever the highest one is) lately than I've had on b23. It's all down to luck. Nowadays I just aim to get into a 21+ filled block. Currently as a premium I don't even try to get into the higher blocks, even if there is space.

Just a few days ago I ran through loser + elder without WB in sub 10 minutes, and today with wb it took way longer than that.

neilp4453
Jul 21, 2015, 07:11 PM
But PSO2 JP isn't pay to win?

But aren't the SEA servers pay2win?

This pay2win term is new to me...but according to other people, PSO2 JP is essentially pay to make your life easier (and faster).

Now say there is a 12* weapon that you just can't seem to get to drop. You can get that from a player with some ark cash, any 12* weapon, and meseta, correct? This is regarded as pay to make your life easier....but I just see it as another form of pay2win.

Keep in mind, this was something we could freely do once we paid our membership dues in PSU without all the extra baggage. But with PSO2, they can continuously collect scraps from people that choose to go down the "easy" route. I'm sure all the meseta buyers are having a ball with PSO2....minimum work and maximum rewards.

Basically, I rather pay $10-15 per month and get all features with no pay walls. They kind of have that with the monthly premium package (which I plan on buying) but of course..there are additional options to "enhance" your experience.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 21, 2015, 07:28 PM

This pay2win term is new to me...but according to other people, PSO2 JP is essentially pay to make your life easier (and faster).

and to make you look cuter or badass.

Flaoc
Jul 21, 2015, 07:32 PM
That's not true at all though. You find plenty of b1 players on the higher blocks. I've had way worse runs on b13 (or whatever the highest one is) lately than I've had on b23. It's all down to luck. Nowadays I just aim to get into a 21+ filled block. Currently as a premium I don't even try to get into the higher blocks, even if there is space.

Just a few days ago I ran through loser + elder without WB in sub 10 minutes, and today with wb it took way longer than that.

i usually get better luck in b14 so idk

Nulve
Jul 21, 2015, 09:27 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but what ship are PSO-World and the US/EU on? What's the equivalent of Ship 2, basically?

.Jack
Jul 21, 2015, 09:47 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but what ship are PSO-World and the US/EU on? What's the equivalent of Ship 2, basically?

I've seen streams for the other ship and can say in both the majority is English speaking players in general. There's only 2 ships in SEA here's a quick video just now from 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxQrNKrLM0

[Ayumi]
Jul 21, 2015, 10:15 PM

Now say there is a 12* weapon that you just can't seem to get to drop. You can get that from a player with some ark cash, any 12* weapon, and meseta, correct? This is regarded as pay to make your life easier....but I just see it as another form of pay2win.

Keep in mind, this was something we could freely do once we paid our membership dues in PSU without all the extra baggage. But with PSO2, they can continuously collect scraps from people that choose to go down the "easy" route. I'm sure all the meseta buyers are having a ball with PSO2....minimum work and maximum rewards.

Basically, I rather pay $10-15 per month and get all features with no pay walls. They kind of have that with the monthly premium package (which I plan on buying) but of course..there are additional options to "enhance" your experience.
Only way you can get that 12* from someone though is if you're willing to sacrifice a 12* to turn it into a ticket.
Then again you get 3 tickets if you run the LQ a few times, so even then for the time being anyone can get 3 free 12*s without a problem if they got the meseta.
That's not a pay2win in my case. More of a Pay4convinience.

and to make you look cuter or badass.
Can buy all those with meseta too though.

emeraude
Jul 21, 2015, 10:16 PM

New players are defaulted to go to Ship 2 because Ship 1 is starting to get crowded, might want to go there. My SEA team has recruited fifteen+ players so far, there's really quite the influx of players.

emeraude
Jul 22, 2015, 06:39 AM
Double post, but it seems that the IP block is back up.

watashiwa
Jul 22, 2015, 08:03 AM
Double post, but it seems that the IP block is back up.

If you're talking about not being able to log in RIGHT NOW, I believe they are doing maintenance.

I couldn't log in with or without my VPN and their website seems to be experiencing errors when you click on links to news with database errors.

I think something else is going on...

emeraude
Jul 22, 2015, 08:05 AM
If you're talking about not being able to log in RIGHT NOW, I believe they are doing maintenance.

I couldn't log in with or without my VPN and their website seems to be experiencing errors when you click on links to news with database errors.

I think something else is going on...

The servers are currently up for SEA players.
Maintenance schedules for the SEA servers are GMT+8 10:00AM Thursdays.

watashiwa
Jul 22, 2015, 08:13 AM
Well, I'm just going to say this, I've been able to play (and was playing off and on) even when the IP block was in place using my VPN. If the IP block is in place now, I guess my VPN stopped working too. *shrug* I changed regions to Singapore and Hong Kong and both ships are down.

OmegaSorin
Jul 22, 2015, 08:19 AM
Well, I'm just going to say this, I've been able to play (and was playing off and on) even when the IP block was in place using my VPN. If the IP block is in place now, I guess my VPN stopped working too. *shrug* I changed regions to Singapore and Hong Kong and both ships are down.

Yeah I was playing fine for the last two days. Then suddenly this morning on my way back from leveling up my Wizard class, I disconnected and could not get back on. Then the VPN decided to block out my internet using a premade VPN that installed with the thing that I couldn't get rid of... Siggghhh

Anyway, Yeah, IP Bans are probably back.

neilp4453
Jul 22, 2015, 08:52 AM
;3275333']Only way you can get that 12* from someone though is if you're willing to sacrifice a 12* to turn it into a ticket.
Then again you get 3 tickets if you run the LQ a few times, so even then for the time being anyone can get 3 free 12*s without a problem if they got the meseta.
That's not a pay2win in my case. More of a Pay4convinience.

Ahh..see I am just starting out so didn't know.

But you say for the time being..is LQ a temporary thing? After that the only way to get a ticket is through trading in a weapon?

To me, if you played PSU and were willing to invest monthly for the premium pass (roughly comes out to $10/month)...then you get most of those features back.

But I just can't believe we have a playable English version (SEA) that is pay2win. What a shame.

Mr Champloo
Jul 22, 2015, 08:55 AM
There just under maintenance it says?

CoWorker
Jul 22, 2015, 08:57 AM
But you say for the time being..is LQ a temporary thing? After that the only way to get a ticket is through trading in a weapon?
not specifically LQ, but any XH will do, just do 1,10, and 30 times to get all 3 passes

hyjin
Jul 22, 2015, 09:25 AM
IP Block is back peeps!
I hope you enjoyed the short amount of time they allowed you to play.

For me I'm sticking with JP server :D

Meteor Weapon
Jul 22, 2015, 09:31 AM
Lel...

Got any source or article?

[Ayumi]
Jul 22, 2015, 09:36 AM
Hahahahaha.
Wow this is hysterical. People got so hyped playing that inferior version again. I don't see why not just play the JPN server.

SakuRei
Jul 22, 2015, 11:12 AM

SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online [ENGLISH SERVER] - Server Launch First Impressions - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVFLV3vHss)

I'll just compress it in a spoiler box since its a wall of text.

[SPOILER-BOX]tried watching the whole vid of whackymodder and he's got a point concerning about the SDGO NA's first release and I actually like the part of the vid where he said... for those who are beginners on SDGO, learn the mechanics, gameplay, buttons etc. until you actually memorize them, then migrate to SDGO TW.

I guess that's a good suggestion on other first timers who wants to play PSO2, make that horrible SEA server as a testing ground, then once you learn the PSO2's mechanics, migrate to JP. Hell even a youngster can actually set up a tweaker, proxy, patches, etc.

account-wise, if you really want to play PSO2 JP, you can ask like... friends, people or groups that can actually help you with the Hiragana captchas, hell that part is easy anyways, (for me at least) it's just sad that sometimes I do recruit people/friends I know to play PSO2 JP, but some of them are too lazy to set up those proxies and patches and they want a "one-click log-in gaming lifestyle" shits.

and still... PSO2 SEA sucks people... never stay in that server... It's like injecting toilet bowl cleaner inside your veins.[/SPOILER-BOX]

edited: oh wait, it isn't. Mmmmeeeh, I'll let it stay that way...

Daemetius
Jul 22, 2015, 12:29 PM
;3275621']Hahahahaha.
Wow this is hysterical. People got so hyped playing that inferior version again. I don't see why not just play the JPN server.

Cuz not everyone understand Japanese. Especially westerners. There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading.

The Walrus
Jul 22, 2015, 12:37 PM
It isn't confusing at all. There are guides to show how it's done...

TheszNuts
Jul 22, 2015, 12:39 PM
Cuz not everyone understand Japanese. Especially westerners. There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading.

And that's why people ask for help to get started...

ChaosAngel92
Jul 22, 2015, 12:43 PM
And that's why people ask for help to get started...

There is even a GUIDE:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Sinon
Jul 22, 2015, 12:43 PM

"confusing process"

I lol'd

http://i.imgur.com/dwyWfq3.gif

elryan
Jul 22, 2015, 01:03 PM

This opinion might be controversial and sounded elitist, but honestly I think that people who cannot research by themselves (with existing guides, mostly by AIDA) for registering, downloading and configuring the client, should NOT play this game.

If they can't do that much, how would you expect them to research on their own in regards to the game mechanics? They will just keep asking to be spoon-fed and be carried on in the game.

Just my 2 yen.

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 01:14 PM
This opinion might be controversial and sounded elitist, but honestly I think that people who cannot research by themselves (with existing guides, mostly by AIDA) for registering, downloading and configuring the client, should NOT play this game.

If they can't do that much, how would you expect them to research on their own in regards to the game mechanics? They will just keep asking to be spoon-fed and be carried on in the game.

Just my 2 yen.
It's just what they call "normie", they won't touch the game unless it's get localized, even if there's fan patch for the foreign version.

[Ayumi]
Jul 22, 2015, 01:42 PM

1. Don't need to know Japanese as a lot of the main content needed was translated for those that don't know Japanese. Especially for westerners.
2. Confusing process? You can do it two ways.
- PSo2.jp/players and look for the client to download it. Can also set up a SEGA ID over there as well. And if you can't see a way to maneuver there ddue to a confusing process there is...
- Going to one of the many guides on here for help or to bumped.org or to arks-layer or whichever.
The guides usually show how to set up the ID, get the client OR get it through the Tweaker if you need to (or you can get the client from Arks-Layer) and so on and so forth. I'm not going to go through the whole detail here.

Pretty much there is enough info out there the last few years to help a lot of people that want to play get started to play and they can learn as they go or at least get someone to help you when you get on if you still need help.
I'm pretty sure there are youtube guides maybe too as there's a guide for almost anything on youtube these days.

So I really don't see what the excuse is. Whether you know Japanese or Yugoslavian.

It's just what they call "normie", they won't touch the game unless it's get localized, even if there's fan patch for the foreign version.

I guess that's one way to put it. Thanks to my time in PSO, for me personally I can't keep away from anything Phantasy related ever since...
...except Nova as I don't have a Vita yet. Only because it has 2 games I want on it and one of them of course I'm already playing on PC.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2015, 03:58 PM
I was unable to get some American friends into PSO2 because they couldn't deal with the game being partially in Japanese.
Personally, I basically learned Japanese by surrounding myself with Japanese media.
Of course, that included playing games in Japanese.

Humans all share basic fundamental concepts.
Stuff is designed by humans, meaning humans should be able to figure those things out.
Sure, it takes some time and effort, but it's not impossible.
That's not to say everyone should have to do it, but it'd be nice if more people did.
I don't think it's elitism to hope others will strive to the same standards.
Learning more languages tends to be a good thing.

Now, about confusing... I remember having a hell of a time figuring out PSO2's interface.
It's way more confusing than other games, and I've been playing all sorts of games for decades. I'm still discovering hidden aspects of the game mechanics.
I have Japanese friends who played PSO2 for years and didn't know all sorts of things about the interface and mechanics until I told them. It's that badly designed.
So, honestly, as was previously said, I don't know how people could expect to play this game if they already find the installation/English patch confusing.
That's probably the easiest part.

Registration? I honestly don't remember. But there are always guides for registering on these kinds of games. Following an up-to-date guide is not difficult.
I usually handled foreign game registration for those American friends, and they still quickly gave up on PSO2.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2015, 04:00 PM
Heard that the SEA version put their IP Block back on, good stuff

Mr Champloo
Jul 22, 2015, 04:35 PM

Just my 2 yen.

Your 2 yen is worthless. It's harder to enjoy a game. Im not playing a game to have to research and learn another language just to play it.

I might as well get a book or go to school.

risaxseph
Jul 22, 2015, 04:51 PM
Your 2 yen is worthless. It's harder to enjoy a game. Im not playing a game to have to research and learn another language just to play it.

I play the JP server lightly becuase and I am going to be highly honest here... None of us are even supposed to be here; sure SEGA turns a blind eye but the MOMENT they get a wild hair up their a** they will just put IP blocks on JP again; search their database for any western IPs and BAN EN MASS then wait for the few Japanese folks whom are exceptions to their rules (actual citizens) to contact them and provide proof if they really want to stick around. Eventually it will happen; sure this is a doomsday idea but this is what happens when you research to go around a system; if they really dont want you they have ways to COMPLETELY remove you and nullify your progress becuase you are a bad FOREIGNER for not following their mouse trap maze for years until they decide you are worthy.

That is also why I never intend to put a ton of money into this until they localize or allow the west to use the JP servers officially (would probably never happen). The issue you mention is another reason I only plan to play lightly; I do want to learn Japanese but the language is so complicated at 27 the possibility of me learning Japanese fluently enough to understand their errors, item names, the actual structure of sentences so I can talk to people and so I dont look like a moron when I take a trip there would be next to impossible... Japanese is easier to speak than read. I have a friend who has lived in Japan for a few years now and he can speak Japanese and read a bit but most of the language is still gibberish.

EDIT: See SEA IP block; this re-states my above comment... If sega does not want you they can happily toss you into a fiery bin for NOT being a good money cow and buying there Sonic games that is all they give the west... You are not worthy of PSO2... Hail you god SEGA and it might decide to give you this game once it comes out of its current hellish state (Isn't SoA dying).

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 22, 2015, 04:54 PM

Or just learn to copy and paste like most people that don't want to learn Japanese. Unless mutitasking on a PC is too hard for you:grin:

Vintasticvin
Jul 22, 2015, 05:10 PM
Your 2 yen is worthless. It's harder to enjoy a game Im not playing. A game I have to research and learn another language just to play it.

^ This kinda lazy and morinic self centered logic here folks.

Yes it contradicts my usually nice and pleasant nature but good lord eggs gotta be breaked sometimes.

I'll admit at first its a total bitch having to sort through the guides, copy+pasting, and tabbing through tabs etc. But after a while it becomes second nature but still annoyin so I understand the download, install and forget logic and know you'll be in a server thats way behind due wacky patch schedules or the typical Sega hoarding patches to themselves nonsense.

Mr Champloo
Jul 22, 2015, 05:18 PM
Or just learn to copy and paste like most people that don't want to learn Japanese. Unless mutitasking on a PC is too hard for you:grin:

Because this is what i want to do when i play a game. Just going through tabs and tabs trying to learn a game. The game is not even worth it at that point.

Sure you got your patches to make it English. You are playing a game your not wanted. Its more of a hassle then it is to play.

I had the JP game patched. It still was not fun at all. Not worth it. I can go play an actual MMO where I'm wanted and don't have to sit there and deal with this. TBH,i wouldn't care if we only got 80 percent of the game. Just translate and let us play on the severs you have up already.

They don't want us.

Sinon
Jul 22, 2015, 05:28 PM
^ Casual peasants be like

[Ayumi]
Jul 22, 2015, 05:33 PM
Because this is what i want to do when i play a game. Just going through tabs and tabs trying to learn a game. The game is not even worth it at that point.

Sure you got your patches to make it English. You are playing a game your not wanted. Its more of a hassle then it is to play.

I had the JP game patched. It still was not fun at all. Not worth it. I can go play an actual MMO where I'm wanted and don't have to sit there and deal with this. TBH,i wouldn't care if we only got 80 percent of the game. Just translate and let us play on the severs you have up already.

They don't want us.

What was wrong when you had the game patched? How was it not fun at all? Just wondering.
Is it because of the small 1 sentence description of the weapons was not in English?

Mr Champloo
Jul 22, 2015, 05:49 PM
^ Casual peasants be like

Sorry your too hardcore. Sorry i play games to have fun. Go make money playing games..OH WAIT YOU DONT!
Video games are one of the things i do to escape the real world. Needs to be fun.

Mr Champloo
Jul 22, 2015, 05:56 PM
;3275773']What was wrong when you had the game patched? How was it not fun at all? Just wondering.
Is it because of the small 1 sentence description of the weapons was not in English?

I bet you if i met people who spoke English i probably would've enjoyed it. I just felt unwanted. And the weapons not translated were annoying but im sure i couldve gotten over it.

Sinon
Jul 22, 2015, 06:12 PM
PSO2 JP is fun

http://i.imgur.com/VxrBrSu.png

case closed

[Ayumi]
Jul 22, 2015, 07:08 PM
Sorry your too hardcore. Sorry i play games to have fun. Go make money playing games..OH WAIT YOU DONT!
Video games are one of the things i do to escape the real world. Needs to be fun.
These days you pay the company most times to play their games. Aka "early access" or whatever they want to call it these days.
And yeah, escape the real world? That's what I do in PS games.
Personally my 1st online game was PSO and it was my way to escape the real world. Pretty much made it my game, my story. Was an awesome experience that I moved from Dreamcast, to Gamecube, and then later to PC for PSU (I didn't have broadband at the time to play PSOBB and was on dial up the 1st month I played PSU. PSU pretty much got me out of dial up).
I hated PSU, but the experience with the people I knew made it awesome. Once again "escaping the real world."
PSO2 is no different. PSO2 feels much closer to PSO (and the Portable games) which made me enjoy it much more.

I bet you if i met people who spoke English i probably would've enjoyed it. I just felt unwanted. And the weapons not translated were annoying but im sure i couldve gotten over it.
Um, it's almost impossible NOT to meet people who spoke English in this game. It matters on the ship you've played on or picked I guess, but I think every party I've been in I've met at least 1 or 2... if not 6 of the 12 players in the MPA speaking English.
Not sure how you felt unwanted unless someone booted you from the party for no reason. Then again I had that happen with me on PSO and PSU too so that doesn't really mean much either. D***s exist everywhere.
As for the weapons thing, I hope you don't mean the mere descriptions because the weapons themselves have been translated bit by bit. The same with accessories and clothes and anything else really.
There's a few small items that never been translated like drops for Shi/Xie's orders and a few other things, but you hold onto those items for maybe a minute or two before turning them in makes it kind of pointless to translate in my opinion.

It just sounds like excuses to me, but I don't know. I'm not you, but I don't see how you didn't enjoy it unless you went to dead blocks or a ship where almost no english player played.

neilp4453
Jul 22, 2015, 08:26 PM
Even after a couple days of playing, I still get a feeling that turns me off from PSO2. It is mainly because of the untranslated stuff. It is also because this isn't a localized server made for me. Possibly knowing that I will instantly join a NA/EU server (if it is released) probably makes me feel like this isn't my permanent home. It could also be because I will always hate Sega because I was without Phantasy Star for 5 years.

But all the important stuff is translated. Setting up is easier than it looks. Signing up on their website is the hardest part (and Chrome translated everything for me). Invest $10 per month (kind of like the old PSU subscription) and you get most of the features back. If this was a couple years ago...it would be a different story. But this is highly playable for an English speaker right now.

The JP servers don't let people get rich by selling costumes with real cash either. If that type of BS ever came to a future NA/EU server, I'd be pissed off and probably wouldn't play.

The Walrus
Jul 22, 2015, 08:28 PM
Actually, there are costumes at times they sell for a pretty good price. Accessories tend to as well.

eMotion
Jul 22, 2015, 08:44 PM
A little something for the SEA American Players

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/874008.jpg

See ya in JP <3

The Walrus
Jul 22, 2015, 08:47 PM
A little something for the SEA American Players

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/874008.jpg

See ya in JP <3

http://replygif.net/i/1294.gif

risaxseph
Jul 22, 2015, 08:48 PM
The only thing he said that is true is what I already said (and is a known fact by EVERYONE here).

SEGA does not want us foreigners... However they will gladly take our cash and then ban us :D... Good stuff

BTW if you dont want to play why exactly are you here... I mean my b****ing about capchas and SEGA banning people actually has value becuase I play this game and could be crushed at any time out of some admin/GMs spite. You just say "Why play JP PSO2"... I think this community gets enough of that already Mr Champloo.

EDIT: All of this even applies to the SEA version. Unless SoA releases a version chances are none of the other licensed publishers will want us "horrible" westerners XD

Renvalt
Jul 22, 2015, 09:08 PM
-snip-

Listen, Natsu. I'mma be straight with you here, because I don't think you've the intelligence enough to comprehend this on your own: SEGA hasn't banned me, or anyone else I know that buys AC. They've allowed us a presence on this server, and so far we've been allowed to stay.

Now, why do you think that's the case?

Part of it lies in the fact that we're considerate people. We're not going to do stereotypically stupid stuff like most Westerners do. We're not making outrageous demands, and hacking servers/causing chaos when we don't get our way or feel like we aren't being listened to.

We don't impose ourselves on the Japanese, harassing them to the point that they feel uncomfortable on their own game. We don't do shit like "Ooooh, u so kawaii baby, cum sux mah d1k babeh" or something like that (gross example, but I figured it was the best way to get across how scummy some people can be over here in the West).

And for damn certain, we play the game fair, with everyone else, at least saying "thank you" or "good work"; or in the case where we don't have anything NICE to say, we DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

tl;dr SEGA still lets those of us who remain here play because we're respectful, kind and considerate. We don't take their leniency for granted, but we're thankful for it all the same.

Oh, and FYI: Majority Westerners are rude and disgusting. Not saying all of them are, but a good chunk are known to be.

Mattykins
Jul 22, 2015, 09:44 PM
everyone comin in this thread bein like

[SPOILER-BOX]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IYW_GmMtsDc/VPijwG3qYmI/AAAAAAAAHE8/WXiLRcMrvqA/w334-h286/50a229d1b5aff5742418bb6f0faecc6b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

risaxseph
Jul 22, 2015, 10:11 PM
Listen, Natsu. I'mma be straight with you here, because I don't think you've the intelligence enough to comprehend this on your own: SEGA hasn't banned me, or anyone else I know that buys AC. They've allowed us a presence on this server, and so far we've been allowed to stay.

Part of it lies in the fact that we're considerate people. We're not going to do stereotypically stupid stuff like most Westerners do. We're not making outrageous demands, and hacking servers/causing chaos when we don't get our way or feel like we aren't being listened to.

We don't impose ourselves on the Japanese, harassing them to the point that they feel uncomfortable on their own game. We don't do shit like "Ooooh, u so kawaii baby, cum sux mah d1k babeh" or something like that (gross example, but I figured it was the best way to get across how scummy some people can be over here in the West).

And for damn certain, we play the game fair, with everyone else, at least saying "thank you" or "good work"; or in the case where we don't have anything NICE to say, we DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

tl;dr SEGA still lets those of us who remain here play because we're respectful, kind and considerate. We don't take their leniency for granted, but we're thankful for it all the same.

Oh, and FYI: Majority Westerners are rude and disgusting. Not saying all of them are, but a good chunk are known to be.

I think my post was misunderstood. I was directing it at the guy who said he does not want to play PSO2 JP becuase its Japanese. Your right in that SEGA is giving those who play JP a courtesy becuase they are not causing issues and not being the typical westerner "Spoon-feed me plox". My posts point out that we can be removed at any time if SEGA feels those westerners it ignores are causing issues (like it did before when it put the IP block even though there is easy ways around that; they did it to protect their servers from the "evils" that are the west (Besides the person that DDoS'ed them is scum anyway for doing that in the first place...). Your comment at the end about Westerners being disgusting... Yeah but there are pockets of that everywhere... The West is just more pronounced with it becuase our schools do not teach people how to be civil and moral anymore (Hell a lot of the west confuses morality with religion)... I have actually considered moving out of the United States; my family in their typical American ignorance are like "No, US is best".

[Ayumi]
Jul 22, 2015, 10:14 PM
Even after a couple days of playing, I still get a feeling that turns me off from PSO2. It is mainly because of the untranslated stuff. It is also because this isn't a localized server made for me. Possibly knowing that I will instantly join a NA/EU server (if it is released) probably makes me feel like this isn't my permanent home. It could also be because I will always hate Sega because I was without Phantasy Star for 5 years.

But all the important stuff is translated. Setting up is easier than it looks. Signing up on their website is the hardest part (and Chrome translated everything for me). Invest $10 per month (kind of like the old PSU subscription) and you get most of the features back. If this was a couple years ago...it would be a different story. But this is highly playable for an English speaker right now.

The JP servers don't let people get rich by selling costumes with real cash either. If that type of BS ever came to a future NA/EU server, I'd be pissed off and probably wouldn't play.

I guess that's where we're different. I rather have content, I rather be up to date, I rather not have things cut out, I rather not have certain things missing and promised to come out later then reskinned as horrible recolours.
I didn't have the problem during PSO because a lot of the content that was downloadable you could've used on the non-JPN versions so I didn't get to miss too much.

When it came to PSU though was when I've had it. I was on PSU 1st on PS2 and PC, stopped when I was a bit aggravated with the content around MAG and then went to the 360 version. By that time the PS2 and PC version was long dead and even then the 360 one which had Japanese players even on it was way behind and a lot of content missing and never ever came.
A lot of not just the "westerners" but Japanese 360 players were pissed at this. There is no way at all in my mind that if they released a NA/EU version that I would not go to it and play it just for that.

Restarting isn't really one of the factors (but I also don't want to start completely from scratch either), but the main game and what will be missing is.
5 years? That's due to your factor still once again. While I was on and off PSO2 since 2012 (just got back around the end of summer of 2014 after being gone almost 2 years) I've been playing PSP2 and PSP2i. Yes the online was cut off in both the Japanese version of PSP2 and PSP2i because of PSO2, but PSP2 for NA/EU was still up (is it still up? I haven't been back on that game for like 7 months) so I'm not sure what was stopping you.
That's just me though.

Could not have said it better.
No one could have said it better. Close topic. Nothing else to say here.

TauAkiou
Jul 22, 2015, 11:12 PM
- SNIP - .

If you're talking about what happened after the DDOS, that was not an IP Block. The post-DDOS blackout was the result of poor routing practice on behalf of Yahoo.jp that left the address range that the PSO2 servers were contained in isolated from most of the world.

We were not intentionally banned from the game by SEGA, and SEGA probably had nothing to do with that blackout at all. Granted, SEGA had no obligation to help us get back on (and they didn't; we may not be banned but we sure as hell are third class citizens), but eventually Yahoo.jp fixed the problem and everything was as normal.

More then likely SEGA went to Yahoo.jp, said "We need DDOS protection please", then Yahoo.jp took over and did what they did to cause the whole problem in the first place. (I'm not going to go into the overtly technical details.)

DDOS blackout aside, we've been here for three years, and SEGA hasn't blocked or banned the entire foreign community yet. Three years is a pretty damn long period of time, and I'm pretty sure if SEGA was so concerned about the 'evils' of the west, they would have dropped the hammer as far back as PSU (which also had no region lock.). And speaking of region locks, if they really wanted to get rid of us, why didn't they just block us when they blocked China?

As long as the foreign community continues to give SEGA no real reason to force an IP/account ban, SEGA will probably continue letting us stay as they always have. We pad the player count, use the servers during low population periods, and give them money. At the worst, we're an inconvenience, and literally anybody, native or foreign, can be an inconvenience.

Aside from all that, Renvalt said the rest.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2015, 11:20 PM
Dunno what people are arguing about now, but I agree with what Renvalt said.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 22, 2015, 11:22 PM
lol at SEA players and retards wanting a US version

Chik'Tikka
Jul 22, 2015, 11:35 PM
Ah, shame it's region locked again, i was hoping to get my 2 dyslexic friends to get into PSO2. they just won't give JP version a try+^_^+

Nulve
Jul 23, 2015, 12:27 AM
Why did they region lock it again? Did they give any reason?

KuroNeko77
Jul 23, 2015, 12:32 AM
My guess is, it wasn't meant to be unlocked in the first place.

They might had some issues with their servers, and temporary removed the region lock to fix it. Never jump to conclusion too fast with Asiasoft / Playpark, they tend to do weird things like that.

Dekian
Jul 23, 2015, 01:01 AM
Hey so I finally downloaded this game hearing about the SEA situation, so I want to know if I decide to go on a JP server do I have to uninstall the game and do it the other way now?

KazukiQZ
Jul 23, 2015, 01:06 AM
^Yes. JP server is a different game than SEA server.

neilp4453
Jul 23, 2015, 08:56 AM
;3275852']I guess that's where we're different. I rather have content, I rather be up to date, I rather not have things cut out, I rather not have certain things missing and promised to come out later then reskinned as horrible recolours.
I didn't have the problem during PSO because a lot of the content that was downloadable you could've used on the non-JPN versions so I didn't get to miss too much.

When it came to PSU though was when I've had it. I was on PSU 1st on PS2 and PC, stopped when I was a bit aggravated with the content around MAG and then went to the 360 version. By that time the PS2 and PC version was long dead and even then the 360 one which had Japanese players even on it was way behind and a lot of content missing and never ever came.
A lot of not just the "westerners" but Japanese 360 players were pissed at this. There is no way at all in my mind that if they released a NA/EU version that I would not go to it and play it just for that.

Restarting isn't really one of the factors (but I also don't want to start completely from scratch either), but the main game and what will be missing is.
5 years? That's due to your factor still once again. While I was on and off PSO2 since 2012 (just got back around the end of summer of 2014 after being gone almost 2 years) I've been playing PSP2 and PSP2i. Yes the online was cut off in both the Japanese version of PSP2 and PSP2i because of PSO2, but PSP2 for NA/EU was still up (is it still up? I haven't been back on that game for like 7 months) so I'm not sure what was stopping you.
That's just me though.

Could not have said it better.
No one could have said it better. Close topic. Nothing else to say here.

I've looked into every option I could find to get my Phantasy Star thrill. PSP2 requires you to own the original PSP (I got a Vita). You either have to pay $100+ for the UMD or have bought it digitally in the past to re-download it. It is no longer in production. Playing PSP2 is more difficult than playing PSO2 JP. Then, I don't even know if the servers are still up. The fan base is probably low and the game is very old.

It is true, PSU was years behind in content. I hate Sega for this. Meanwhile we were paying $9.99 per month and had the servers cut off before even tasting the juicy end-game content.

But technically, PSO2 JP is incomplete in its own way. And this is the only fault I see with PSO2. I am basically playing just to play. I don't understand a majority of what the NPCs are saying. Aside from the first few dialogues of convo...everything else isn't translated. I skip through everything in this game because I can't understand it.

I don't think the JP servers for PSU had any translation. Not many people jumped ship to play that game despite it being years ahead in content. Fortunately, the lack of a NA/EU release compelled some great people to do some great work with the JP version.

[Ayumi]
Jul 23, 2015, 09:17 AM
I've looked into every option I could find to get my Phantasy Star thrill. PSP2 requires you to own the original PSP (I got a Vita). You either have to pay $100+ for the UMD or have bought it digitally in the past to re-download it. It is no longer in production. Playing PSP2 is more difficult than playing PSO2 JP. Then, I don't even know if the servers are still up. The fan base is probably low and the game is very old.

It is true, PSU was years behind in content. I hate Sega for this. Meanwhile we were paying $9.99 per month and had the servers cut off before even tasting the juicy end-game content.

But technically, PSO2 JP is incomplete in its own way. And this is the only fault I see with PSO2. I am basically playing just to play. I don't understand a majority of what the NPCs are saying. Aside from the first few dialogues of convo...everything else isn't translated. I skip through everything in this game because I can't understand it.

I don't think the JP servers for PSU had any translation. Not many people jumped ship to play that game despite it being years ahead in content. Fortunately, the lack of a NA/EU release compelled some great people to do some great work with the JP version.

Eh, as for the npcs in lobbies, I used to skip them without really reading them in PSU too actually whether it was English or Japanese. Mainly because it really meant nothing. The story though... I read every single thing because I really needed/wanted to know about the story.
I think I did the same in PSO. Story quests and side quests with stories I will read everything, but in the other sections of the game the NPCs meant nothing to me.

In PSO2, while I'm way behind in the story (mainly because it was way too much of a damn hassle to do the damn matterboard years back which made me give up) and still on Episode 1, if I didn't understand the story missions, I think I would have probably hated PSO2 in those terms. Weird/crappy/silly story or not, I would like to understand it. In those terms if the story wasn't translated in a language I knew, I might have given up on the game before.

While waiting for PSO2, I was playing Dragon Ball Online. Wasn't in English or Japanese... was in Taiwanese (that's how you say it I think... or it was in Taiwan). There was English patches, but it mainly translated bits of the menu.
The items, the story, the dialogues, the clothes, the whatever else was all still in Taiwan...ese. While I did enjoy playing the game a lot to the point I capped 2 races, I wasn't really having fun other than just playing with others as I really wanted to know the story.
Then again I did go through the hassle of trying to get bits of the story offline from the game.
Was it a chore? Yes.
Annoying? Yes.
Worth the time? Most times, not at all.
I only did it as just as Phantasy, I do like the DB universe so I just tried to cope with it the best I can. In the end though, I kind of left the game about a year or so before the servers closed down. Which I think was just around when PSO2 arrived.

I guess you have one real option though and I don't mean the horrid SEA version. Best bet is wait some years until someone make a Private Server for PSO2 and hope they use translations of english for it. PSU barely has one as of now, and PSO2 I can't tell when they would do one. Even DBO they said they were making one for about the time the servers closed which was about around 2012 or 2013 and it's still not ready to even log into yet.

But really that's the only option I see, as I can't see how anyone would really take the option of playing on a NA/EU server if it really was made knowing how disgustingly behind the content will be. It's not even an NA/EU server and you can see how behind SEA is... that and a lot of the BS that they added to the game that sounds like something I would not enjoy one bit... stats on clothes? I'm glad that was freaking removed in the JPN game before it officially launched.

landman
Jul 23, 2015, 11:19 AM
You have read Hans say his repetitive sentence once, you have read it enough times. Even understanding all those sentences they are always the same, and you will end skipping them even in English, specially if you are accepting and completing multiple orders.

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jul 23, 2015, 10:54 PM

Cuz not everyone understand Japanese== well ok then

There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading == TIP TOP LEL M8 R8 8/8

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 23, 2015, 11:04 PM
Cuz not everyone understand Japanese== well ok then

There are players who want to play the game, but can't due to the confusing process of registering and downloading == TIP TOP LEL M8 R8 8/8

Fine by me. Keeps more retards out of the game that way.

[Ayumi]
Jul 23, 2015, 11:37 PM
Fine by me. Keeps more retards out of the game that way.

I highly doubt it.
Even then though, it really isn't that hard to register at the very least. And almost impossible to mess up downloading and installing.

.Jack
Jul 24, 2015, 02:17 AM
Hey so I finally downloaded this game hearing about the SEA situation, so I want to know if I decide to go on a JP server do I have to uninstall the game and do it the other way now?

As long as you can access the pso2.jp website you should be good to play the JP version. For SEA you'll need to use any vpn for their IP region. Just have both in different directories and you can play both at any time on the same computer.

Feyua
Jul 24, 2015, 02:33 AM
;3276014']
While waiting for PSO2, I was playing Dragon Ball Online. Wasn't in English or Japanese... was in Taiwanese (that's how you say it I think... or it was in Taiwan).

Taiwan uses Mandarin ^^;

emeraude
Jul 24, 2015, 05:12 AM
Official announcement (http://news.playpark.com/sg/30241) from the SEA publisher. IP blocks back in place.

[Ayumi]
Jul 24, 2015, 11:49 AM
Taiwan uses Mandarin ^^;

See? I didn't know, lol.

Official announcement (http://news.playpark.com/sg/30241) from the SEA publisher. IP blocks back in place.

I guess that's that. If people want to play, have to play JPN servers or not at all.

DS23
Jul 24, 2015, 12:37 PM

That is basically what somebody said in comments on a news story on this elsewhere. 'The IP block has temporarily disappeared before due to technical issues and always returns shortly.' SEA version is really really bad and you shouldn't be playing it anyway.

Destino
Jul 8, 2016, 10:24 PM
That is basically what somebody said in comments on a news story on this elsewhere. 'The IP block has temporarily disappeared before due to technical issues and always returns shortly.' SEA version is really really bad and you shouldn't be playing it anyway.

SEA is actually as similar as TW

Altiea
Jul 8, 2016, 10:27 PM
Neeeeeeecrooooooooooo

Meh, I don't have much better to say.

Tunga
Jul 8, 2016, 10:27 PM

TaigaUC
Jul 8, 2016, 10:40 PM
Dammit, I was gonna quote that image.

NoobSpectre
Jul 9, 2016, 02:33 AM
SEA is actually as similar as TW

My ”dear” friend, please do not make things worse at it is.

CoWorker
Jul 9, 2016, 05:34 AM
thank you for reminding this thread, majority of SEA's population are just dumb pre-teens and their idiocy is just truly outstanding

Poyonche
Jul 9, 2016, 05:38 AM
http://s24.postimg.org/ae7nwrhdh/cartoon.gif

Oh thread so dead,
Writhing in pain,
Arise arise,
To post again.

Keilyn
Jul 9, 2016, 08:20 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aria: "...and here I thought the moon would remain shattered..
What the hell is this thread doing here!"
Harazel:" !? ... what thread???"
Aria: "The one covering my entire screen!!"
Harazel (giggling): "Oh... T H A T One!!!"
Aria (crying): "The one you claimed to take care of three centuries ago!"
Harazel: "Yeeaaaahh.. A b o u t.. that! I only sealeeeeeeed it..."
Aria (surprised): "!?"
Harazel (smiling): "Ah don't !? me..*sticks tongue out at Aria* I have limits too you know!"
Aria (annoyed): "....forget about limits... help me look for anything weird!"

----5 minutes into observation...

Harazel: "Oh... W H A T is t h a t ?" (pointing)
Aria: "Oh... .... wait... ...necros?"
Harazel: "What ARE they d o i ng ???" (surprised).
Aria: "oh my god.. those fiends!!!"
Harazel: "!?"
Aria: "....the N E CRos!!!!.... they're rezzing each other....!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rizrakk
Jul 9, 2016, 08:29 AM
Help me please