PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Now this is just a theory.

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 12:44 AM
I went scouring the Internet this morning and found a few theories. They seem likely. In 2013 Relic Entertainment posted a job listing for a team that will be working on a currently existing MMO, the employees had to have a good understanding of the Japanese Language. Relic is a sub-branch of SEGA. Relic are known to work multi platform.
SEGA themselves realised their company is dying and put a pin in PSO2 for a while. In January of 2015 SEGA began downsizing and relocated to southern California. They then announced in May that they are still relocating and would not be attending E3 2015.
SEGA recently stated on Social media sites that they are sorry for letting fans down and are planning to make up for it after the relocation. The also mentioned a game that Relic Entertainment is working on will be releasing 2015/2016.
The only game they are working on is the previously mentioned MMO that is already available in Japan. I'm willing to bet that that game is Phantasy Star Online 2. I'm also guessing we will see at least a PS4 and possibly an Xbox One version coming in the next year.
Now I could be wrong and it could be a different game coming, however this would explain why it has been delayed for three years and not cancelled. In any case be on the lookout for an announcement by the end of the year

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 12:54 AM
>yfw it's chain chronicle

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 12:58 AM
Just one problem with that. Chain Chronicle is not an MMO.

Skyly
Jul 19, 2015, 01:01 AM
I know threads like this are like beating a dead horse but I will respond anyway. I hardly think Sega will ever release PSO2 to NA. What they could do is translate the game into English and just set it as a language option in the game settings. That would be pretty cool, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 01:10 AM
I'd say more beating the dead horse's ghost but yeah, it does kinda clear up a few things if it comes close to true

SilkaN
Jul 19, 2015, 01:17 AM
You really should be satisfied with being able to play the JP version...
I hope you arenīt one of the guys waiting for the western release. I thought those people vanished years ago.

Also, PS4 and Xbox One releases in the west? Sega is not the most rational and logical video game developer/publisher, but this seems a little bit unrealistic, donīt you think?

Also, no offense. In case this post looks provocative to someone. Typing on a 3DS is really annoying. ._.

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 01:21 AM
I'm playing JP but I'm constantly starting again because I don't like my character. All I want is to have it release here so the few friends I have can actually play it with me...
They're too lazy to patch it to English or learn even the tiniest bit of Japanese.

Skyly
Jul 19, 2015, 01:24 AM
I'd say more beating the dead horse's ghost but yeah, it does kinda clear up a few things if it comes close to true

Relic Entertainment possibly working on PSO2 (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505027-Relic-Entertainment-possibly-working-on-PSO2)

Many have probably seen it but there's a link to an article in that link.

Jorudenu
Jul 19, 2015, 01:25 AM
Well i don't know about you but i did wait to get new of a NA release since i'm playing other MMO like FFXIV, WOW and many solo RPG like .Hack//, FF, etc... saddly i know they will NEVER release it. Just another sweet dream to see The World MMO to be something and not only The Fragment :p

SilkaN
Jul 19, 2015, 01:30 AM
I'm playing JP but I'm constantly starting again because I don't like my character. All I want is to have it release here so the few friends I have can actually play it with me...
They're too lazy to patch it to English or learn even the tiniest bit of Japanese.

Normally, Iīd say itīd be easier to convince them to install the tweaker and do a few mouse clicks than waiting years for a release that will most likely never come into existance.
But I know how stubborn and lazy people can be. Are they interested in the game? Or will they lose interest if you tell them that the JP servers are the only way to play the game?

Kodakuna Otaku
Jul 19, 2015, 01:33 AM
Normally, Iīd say itīd be easier to convince them to install the tweaker and do a few mouse clicks than waiting years for a release that will most likely never come into existance.
But I know how stubborn and lazy people can be. Are they interested in the game? Or will they lose interest if you tell them that the JP servers are the only way to play the game?
They played PSU with me back in the day and won't shut up about wanting to play but can't because it takes to long. They're on the PSU private server now.

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 01:42 AM
They played PSU with me back in the day and won't shut up about wanting to play but can't because it takes to long. They're on the PSU private server now.
Then that's mean that they simply just don't interested in the game at all, just leave them be.

dingophone
Jul 19, 2015, 02:02 AM
It makes sense, hopefully you might be onto something, but I won't get my hopes up. Besides JP is fun anyway :)

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 09:21 PM
There was a thread that covered that whole Relic Entertainment thing, like... 6+ months ago?
I'm sure it'd show up on a search.

Edit: There were several hits.
Here's one from the end of 2013.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216520

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 19, 2015, 09:26 PM
If people are too lazy to patch a game in english then people shouldn't PC game in the first place since modding most games now a days is so easy you have to be lazy as hell to really stupid to not figure it out. Unless of course dragging files is TO HARD.

The Walrus
Jul 19, 2015, 09:39 PM
please don't release pso2 in the west
http://33.media.tumblr.com/4c29bbe202e11df75c82fee54b89be97/tumblr_myuskqhTV11rcny7ko1_250.gif

Mattykins
Jul 19, 2015, 09:45 PM
Please do so the trash can leave and stop ruining my mpas :T

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 10:03 PM
I'm worried that SEA lifting the block is the result of JP PSO2 readying up to ban foreigners for playing like shit.
When I say that, I don't mean that all foreigners are shit.
I'm referring to people who automatically assume that anyone shit has to be a foreigner, and likely complain to SEGA as such.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that most EQs always seem to have someone leaving as soon as they see EN players. I've seen both EN and JP players doing that.
And then I have to leave too, because I'm not going to hang around in a half empty EQ filled with weak players, while the selfish people are off having fun elsewhere.

But it's not just the EN players that are being sucky.
One of my JP friends recently told me that they've started hearing the same complaints from other people they've talked to.
Those people complained that the players around them have terrible gear, and have no idea how to play the game.

The real problem is SEGA's game design. One of the major issues is they're doing a terrible job explaining the game mechanics and preparing players.
I think they actually mislead players on many gameplay aspects, and so many players don't realize that they're doing anything wrong.
I strongly suspect that the misleading was originally intentionally there to encourage people to pay to fix their mistakes. That's biting us in the ass now.

One such example is how Mags work. There is no way anyone new to the game will know exactly what to do with their Mag, and will very likely have to buy a new one.
Compare that to previous games which were pay to play. It wasn't like that back then, was it?
Another example is how the Extend system works. Remember how everyone thought it had to be a good thing, and it ended up making us weaker?
Now we have a bunch of people running around with 13 stars, which seem strong but may in fact be comparably worse to lesser rares.

I've been helping one Japanese friend fix up their character, and there's a lot they were confused about because of how vague the game is with its explanations.
If you want to be good at PSO2, you really have to do a lot of research outside of the game.
Even I just found out that, outside of Elemental Stance and Techs, weapon element doesn't have anything to do with enemy weak element.
I had thought that the weapon element bonus only took effect if the weak element matched the enemy weak element.
Stuff like that is why the game is so damn misleading and confusing.

Another issue that the JP friend brought up, is how so many low level players are being walked through the game by people with fancy gear.
You know, like those Fo/Tes trying to Fomelgion everything in SH Tower Defense? They set an example for everyone else.
When new players see them messing around in the middle of nowhere, they think that's proper behavior.
As a result, when new players reach maximum level, they have no idea how to play properly.

And I don't think it's "elitism" to be upset at the general playerbase sucking.
I think it's more that we hope others will put the same effort into understanding the clusterf**k that SEGA left us with.

Ciciro
Jul 19, 2015, 10:10 PM
It would be rather odd that Relic of all developers would be working on porting PSO2 to the west. Out of all 10 games made by the company, only 2 of them were not RTS games, and both were shooters.
Then again, SEGA did make CA develop Alien: Isolation, and CA hasn't exactly been known for making good non-RTS games, so them making Relic make the PSO2 port isn't that far-fetched of an idea.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 19, 2015, 10:11 PM
The main problem is EN players stick out like sore thumbs. Simple rule: Turn off auto words and don't say anything. 9/10 I'm in a full MPA because of that.

nathanielzor
Jul 19, 2015, 10:13 PM
Western release of PSO2 is like nightmare fuel.

Wouldn't mind B01 garbage leaving to go be social somewhere else though.

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 10:48 PM
I'm worried that SEA lifting the block is the result of JP PSO2 readying up to ban foreigners for playing like shit.
When I say that, I don't mean that all foreigners are shit.
I'm referring to people who automatically assume that anyone shit has to be a foreigner, and likely complain to SEGA as such.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that most EQs always seem to have someone leaving as soon as they see EN players. I've seen both EN and JP players doing that.
And then I have to leave too, because I'm not going to hang around in a half empty EQ filled with weak players, while the selfish people are off having fun elsewhere.

But it's not just the EN players that are being sucky.
One of my JP friends recently told me that they've started hearing the same complaints from other people they've talked to.
Those people complained that the players around them have terrible gear, and have no idea how to play the game.

The real problem is SEGA's game design. One of the major issues is they're doing a terrible job explaining the game mechanics and preparing players.
I think they actually mislead players on many gameplay aspects, and so many players don't realize that they're doing anything wrong.
I strongly suspect that the misleading was originally intentionally there to encourage people to pay to fix their mistakes. That's biting us in the ass now.

One such example is how Mags work. There is no way anyone new to the game will know exactly what to do with their Mag, and will very likely have to buy a new one.
Compare that to previous games which were pay to play. It wasn't like that back then, was it?
Another example is how the Extend system works. Remember how everyone thought it had to be a good thing, and it ended up making us weaker?
Now we have a bunch of people running around with 13 stars, which seem strong but may in fact be comparably worse to lesser rares.

I've been helping one Japanese friend fix up their character, and there's a lot they were confused about because of how vague the game is with its explanations.
If you want to be good at PSO2, you really have to do a lot of research outside of the game.
Even I just found out that, outside of Elemental Stance and Techs, weapon element doesn't have anything to do with enemy weak element.
I had thought that the weapon element bonus only took effect if the weak element matched the enemy weak element.
Stuff like that is why the game is so damn misleading and confusing.

Another issue that the JP friend brought up, is how so many low level players are being walked through the game by people with fancy gear.
You know, like those Fo/Tes trying to Fomelgion everything in SH Tower Defense? They set an example for everyone else.
When new players see them messing around in the middle of nowhere, they think that's proper behavior.
As a result, when new players reach maximum level, they have no idea how to play properly.

And I don't think it's "elitism" to be upset at the general playerbase sucking.
I think it's more that we hope others will put the same effort into understanding the clusterf**k that SEGA left us with.
Not all foreigner are shit, yes. Good chunk of them are actually pretty great or just plain awesome, it's just that the shittier one are more loud compared to the good one thanks to the autowords, /toge, and cut-ins feature.

Having high-leveled player with shit gear wondering around the highest difficulty level are partially SEGA's fault, it's mainly because all of the powerleveling method they gave to the lower-level player.
They grew the level so quickly that they don't worry that much about their gears nor acknowledge some of very basic game rules, strategy, game system or even player's norm.
Those new players never had to worry about improving the gears they had just because the lower difficulty are such a breeze to play with, and often even more easier since capped characters often join them to level the other class.

Lack of proper tutorial and some quest that putting the newer player's skill to the test are also being the another factor, we have some sort of tutorial notice pop-ups every now and then, also arks road... but the problem is almost no one going to bother with it, resulting in poor player's knowledge about various basic things... yes thanks to this, the entire elitism stuff bounds to happen, since the older one felt that the newcomer barely put any effort.

This all just reminds me how stuff are being much more harder back in the day... maybe they just should stop making things more casual and bring back the old difficulty curve.

the_importer_
Jul 19, 2015, 11:03 PM
@TaigaUC

I pretty much found the trick to this. You know those very popular blocks for XH EQ (13, 14), I avoid those now. Why? Simple, because I'm tired of those No-Life Elites who leave the MPA because Magatsu was able to take 4 steps before we broke it's kneecaps.

I would much rather play with people who are actually enjoying the game, are trying their best and only get to go 3 rounds of Magatsu Phase 1 than to keep playing with those assholes in order to get 4 rounds.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about a massive band. If these No-Life Elites are complaining about this, it's because this game is pretty much all they do. Do you really think they'll quit just because SEGA is not complying with their selfish demands? SEGA will probably just swipe their demands under the carpet and give them a Triboost.

Zorua
Jul 19, 2015, 11:18 PM
Most of us would rather quit than play on that shitty server, and I'm pretty sure SEGA's aware of it. As a company, they wouldn't want to lose customers over promoting Asiasoft's bullshit.

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I would just quit instead of restarting on a shit server. What's the point?

I usually organize Magatsu runs with JP friends, if they're around.
When they're not, I've had some pretty good XH runs with randoms, where we got 4 runs in.
That happened on 4 - 5 different days, a week or two ago. That was nice.
Other times, nobody uses WB, or even with WB, the entire multi's damage can't break a knee.
Then people just leave.

Protip: if you can use WB, preload it before Magatsu starts, just in case nobody else is doing it.
You can also check the nearby players list to see if anyone is a Ra (but we still can't see subclasses because SEGA has no brain).

Factors I can think of that contribute to bad scenarios, which could be fixed to some degree if SEGA grew a brain:
- game relies on Weak Bulet too much
- being on Weak Bullet duty tends to be boring as shit, it's an important responsibility and not many people want to do it
- doesn't help that Ranger is one of the less popular classes now, or everyone finished levelling theirs because WB is so necessary
- people have no idea how to play, or they don't have money to grind stuff because the grind system is cruel as hell
- lazy people not contributing at all
- people leaving, without any penalty

I saw one of those level ~45 people with no subclass yesterday.
SEGA really should explain that subclasses are important.
Or make it less of a pain to unlock them. Because people are lazy.

Speaking of grinding and affixing, I had 90% affixes fail 6-7 times in a row yesterday. So awesome.
I can't imagine casual players putting up with that kind of bullshit. It all contributes to the general playerbase being crappy.
Yes, I know there's a boost event coming up. I was preparing for it by making simple fodder.

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2015, 09:15 AM
Ugh. That was the worst Elder Luther ever.
Tons of EN players dying constantly for some reason.
There was even one guy who looked very EN (checked their Arks Card), decked out in full rare drop gear (Umbra Stick included, and NOT a casting class), running around doing nothing the entire time.

I don't understand why people prefer to run around like a moron for 25 minutes instead of helping to kill the boss quickly in 8 minutes.
Anyway, I really had to vent that. I wish SEGA would do something about the goddamn idlers.
Rare drop and EXP should be affected by amount of damage contributed. It's not hard to implement.
People with less than 2% contribution get nothing. Bam! Fixed.