PDA

View Full Version : Datamining drop rates?

SlN
Jul 19, 2015, 04:08 PM
I'm just wondering why this isn't possible or why it hasn't been done yet.

yoshiblue
Jul 19, 2015, 04:10 PM
Going to assume it's because the drops are determined server side and would require an extensive amount of time to narrow down.

Poyonche
Jul 19, 2015, 04:26 PM
There are no such things as drop rate files.

Well I didn't find any files about drop rate. So i'm going to assume they are server side too.

SlN
Jul 19, 2015, 04:27 PM
that explains it, thanks

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 09:15 PM
If it was client side, people would just hack the drop rates to be 100%.
Only reason they'd be in the client is if the devs were stupid enough to accidentally leave them in there.

And I'm certain that some drop rates are changed over time.
So even if they left such info in the client data, it'd be obsolete by now.

Finally, even if we knew the drop rates, it wouldn't help us actually get those items.
Best indication of drop rate is to check the quest drop info (it includes all servers, not just ours).

Cyber Meteor
Jul 19, 2015, 09:36 PM
Finally, even if we knew the drop rates, it wouldn't help us actually get those items.
Best indication of drop rate is to check the quest drop info (it includes all servers, not just ours).

It can help to know how long it would take to get the item, the effect would be more psychological in the end, but knowing approximately when you'll get the item can help to get through the grind or it'll do the opposite, like if it's too long for you, you won't even start to hunt for the item, but at least there won't be the case where you're hunting for a weapon and wasting boost for like 3 months just to end up getting nothing (3 months would imply a ridiculously low drop rate i know, just for example, but when you don't know the drop rate, it's just frustrating to hunt) because you would already know that in advance. So this information is more for planification than anything else.

Rakurai
Jul 19, 2015, 09:55 PM
It seems like the class drop rate bonus has a noticeable effect judging from the number of Ares Busters that have dropped compared to the other weapons.

Too bad they can't just give us actual numbers on it, though.

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2015, 10:35 PM
I've never had any luck with the class drop rate bonus.
From my personal experience, aiming for a rare basically guarantees it'll never drop.
I've wasted boosts for years hunting stuff and they never dropped until they become utterly obsolete and I didn't care anymore.
Outside of obsolete cases, stuff always drops when I least expect it, or when I'm not aiming for it at all: ie. not using boosts.
The one exception was when I hunted Amaterasus during super boosts. It still took hundreds of runs of XQ.

In the end, when the rare drop chance is so low, doing the same thing over and over doesn't in any way mean that you'll eventually get what you want.
It just means that doing something with a small chance of success is better than having no chance by not doing it at all.
We have to weigh up whether that's worth wasting time on, or to move on and aim for something more reliably achievable.

wefwq
Jul 19, 2015, 10:59 PM
From my personal experience, aiming for a rare basically guarantees it'll never drop.

Desire sensor.