PDA

View Full Version : So how about that PA customization?

Maenara
Jul 22, 2015, 04:50 AM
Which PA customs are good?
Which PA customs are bad?
Why do you love this system?
Why do you hate it?

Misaki Ki
Jul 22, 2015, 04:54 AM
For what I have right now...

Tornado Dance = Assault Buster.
Slide Uppercut = Upwards non-moving Straight Charge.
Rising Flag = Heartless Impact with some AOE around you while moving.
Wild Rhapsody is pretty sped up.

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 05:03 AM
Kazan are not that bad, but not that good either since the PP cost are quite high.
At least it's now pretty much usable.
When charging kazan, you gain super armor and your charge can't be canceled by any attack except if the attack inflict shock, freeze, or stun.
You can cancel the charge yourself using dodge.

Trit Shooter the part when you actually shot arrow deal triple hit damage, but the damage are smaller because spread damage.
Overall it's not that great either, felt kind of waste to be honest.

Tri-Impact now get extra slash, basically just like how katana counter works, each slash emits something like lightning the range are slightly longer than the blade itself, you can get both hits at once if you're standing near enough to the enemy and result in total of 6 hits instead of just usual 3.
Can help slightly for mobbing, but mind the PP increase.

So far, i'm being indifferent with the new craft system because i don't test all of it yet.
My favorite crafted PA so far are kazan cause super armor and acceptable damage output.

Poyonche
Jul 22, 2015, 05:05 AM
Twister Fall is op

Rakurai
Jul 22, 2015, 05:06 AM
Homing Emission custom only does about a third of the damage it normally did per hit, so it's not OP.

I don't think it beats Satellite Cannon in terms of raw DPS, but probably is the next best option.

akitalevia
Jul 22, 2015, 05:13 AM
The description of the PA customs aren't translated yet right?

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 05:15 AM
The description of the PA customs aren't translated yet right?
Nah, just rely on what others said for now.

final_attack
Jul 22, 2015, 05:20 AM
So far ....

Slide Upper = Nice damage, slightly under PendulumRoll ...... but f you got nice PP reduction from craft, it'll cost less (mine's at 21 PP, with -9 PP from craft).

Bullet Squall = increased damage + able to move like shown at Live ...... 1175 -> 1559 (with +117 power). Increased PP consumption though.

Divine Launcher = just like what's shown on video. Can move while charging.

Homing Emission = not really give wow factor, I think. But I'll try it again as Ra main from long-range. If the target's small and I'm at point-blank, not all bullets hit the target :/

Edit :
Video for Slide upper ... though I'm comboing using TAJA .....
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXHU2MFGbM[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Jul 22, 2015, 05:20 AM
For Twister Fall, the second thing says PP consumption -10 to -0

In fact, if you get -4 for example, it will costs 36 PP, looks like when you craft a PA it costs 40PP. Edit : Nvm, may depends of the PA you crafted.

Also when crafting it I went from 943 (lvl 17 wont drop ;-; ) to 2732 power.

red1228
Jul 22, 2015, 05:24 AM
Can confirm crafted Twister Fall is nice. It actually does a hit for EACH rotation of the blade.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 22, 2015, 05:37 AM
twister fall and tornado dance are pretty dam nice with the crafting

Maenara
Jul 22, 2015, 05:45 AM
Cerberus Dance Type-0 is pretty great IMO.

TehCubey
Jul 22, 2015, 08:11 AM
Someone would have to count frames. However assuming Wild Rhapsody is about twice as fast as before (which feels more or less accurate), the PA becomes staggeringly good. Even with loss of per hit damage, its DPS is significantly higher than Symphonic Drive and any twin dagger Tech Arts combos.

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 08:34 AM
Man, even though twister fall feels bit weak, it's fun spinning around hitting mobs on the head.
Just feels like garongo in the wilderness!

TehCubey
Jul 22, 2015, 08:54 AM
I've counted, seems to be 42-44 frames. Probably 42, because that's 60% of uncrafted Wild Rhapsody.

Selphea
Jul 22, 2015, 09:05 AM
Bullet Squall is hard to control!

final_attack
Jul 22, 2015, 09:15 AM
Bullet Squall is hard to control!

Easy enough in Tps mode :D

Maenara
Jul 22, 2015, 09:27 AM
Did you guys see how fucked up the PA Customization Achievements are? What the hell.

final_attack
Jul 22, 2015, 09:29 AM
Did you guys see how fucked up the PA Customization Achievements are? What the hell.

Super costly, and pure Rng, as far as I remember ........ GreatSuccess 3 times for 1st tier? And it's for every single customizable PA, right? :o

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 09:29 AM
Yes, kind of odd.
Craft this XX times to achieve this panel, achieve great success of this particular PA.. bla bla.
Not to mention how horrid the great success rate are, and once it's a great success the result are pure shit i mean, i can achieve the same power rating as normal success and the only difference are -1PP what the fuck...

Maenara
Jul 22, 2015, 09:34 AM
All of the above plus, how the fuck do they plan to expand that achievement system to new PA customs? There's just not enough room...

final_attack
Jul 22, 2015, 10:02 AM
All of the above plus, how the fuck do they plan to expand that achievement system to new PA customs? There's just not enough room...

Hmm ... simply add another tab? :o

Though I'm curious to see how many people managed to fully cleared those PA custom achievement o-o

Hrith
Jul 22, 2015, 10:27 AM
Twister Fall is insanely good.

Cerberus Dance... I must be missing something >_>

Rising Flag is not amazingly better in itself, but it has a JA circle while lunging, which is a cool idea.

Wild Rhapsody is okay, but increased PP cost on daggers is always really bad.

Tornado Dance is a weaker Straight Charge with higher PP cost.

Kazan-nadeshiko is finally usable, I love that they have removed the animation where you were spinning the blade.

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2015, 10:41 AM
Man, even though twister fall feels bit weak, it's fun spinning around hitting mobs on the head.
Just feels like garongo in the wilderness!

https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/623781304539086848/photo/1

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 10:45 AM
https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/623781304539086848/photo/1
this guy know what's up

Misaki Ki
Jul 22, 2015, 03:10 PM
Twister Fall looks like it does a lot, feels like it does a lot, but it's so spread out over time. It's not as strong as it looks. Insanely fun though.

Wild Rhapsody I'm not sure on, I really liked it's low PP cost before.

Tornado Dance is great for anything it one shots, I prefer using it right now over assault buster and straight charge.

Rising Flag I'm probably going to use as a gap closer into whatever vol combo.

Zorak000
Jul 22, 2015, 07:08 PM
bullet squall's craft lets you be able to not have to stay in place for the full attack, which is nice if an enemy decides it does not want to stand under it or if you barely missed the target.

also they fixed the hit detection on it so it will be headshotting for days

Ryuuguu
Jul 22, 2015, 07:24 PM
I tried out tritt shooter crafted as br/hu. I'm still evaluating it but it seems alright. A lot of numbers pop during the PA due to the nature of it so it is hard to get a good damage count. I'll try it on some bosses or something with BA to see total numbers.

GHNeko
Jul 22, 2015, 08:30 PM
kazan is love

kazan is life

as long as you charge it it will charge katana gear

so if you have it active but its almost at zero

you can literally bring it back up to full if you want.

so good.

plus it turns sooo much faster.

BIG OLAF
Jul 22, 2015, 09:45 PM
So I don't know how to craft things really.

How do I craft Tornado Dance? That's all I care about. Oh, and, do I run the risk of making it shitty?

yoshiblue
Jul 22, 2015, 09:55 PM
So I don't know how to craft things really.

How do I craft Tornado Dance? That's all I care about. Oh, and, do I run the risk of making it shitty?

You go to your room and use the same panel you would use for changing rooms and adding themes. Somewhere up top, there should be a crafting option.

So Crafting > My Crafts > Custom PA > Skill of Choice

You're going to need 15 PA disks things for each of them though.

EspeonageTieler
Jul 22, 2015, 10:49 PM
is there a way to get the uncrafted versions back? im not really liking crafted tornado dance much

Sandmind
Jul 22, 2015, 11:01 PM
is there a way to get the uncrafted versions back? im not really liking crafted tornado dance much

Hopefully, the tech crafting reset option is enabled to work with this. No need for Sega to Sega and make a separate reset in 1 month or something.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 22, 2015, 11:23 PM
Hopefully, the tech crafting reset option is enabled to work with this. No need for Sega to Sega and make a separate reset in 1 month or something.

It's not a matter 'if' SEGA will SEGA. It's a matter of when SEGA will SEGA.

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 11:33 PM
iirc there's PA reset device on recycle shop.

Stickboy
Jul 23, 2015, 12:09 AM
what are those type-1 +10% item thingy?

final_attack
Jul 23, 2015, 12:11 AM
what are those type-1 +10% item thingy?

Think of it as merit booster.

I think Type1 for Power, Type2 for PP reduction.

Espri
Jul 23, 2015, 12:30 AM
I don't think it beats Satellite Cannon in terms of raw DPS, but probably is the next best option.

I'm pretty sure it does if you have 500 pp to spare lol

NightfallG
Jul 23, 2015, 05:31 AM
So, I haven't gotten a chance to screw around with PA customization yet, however I do recall this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCA18VYITZs

Were these just mods, or were they early data mined customizations?

femme fatale
Jul 23, 2015, 05:35 AM
not modded or datamined, they're just edited

NightfallG
Jul 23, 2015, 06:06 AM
And just like that I'm sad. Womp womp.

Hrith
Jul 23, 2015, 08:34 AM
Tested the rest:
Slide Uppercut is probably my favourite of the lot. The damage is there and the PP cost is not much higher. It's the most fun to use for me, it feels like a move from a fighting game.

Tri-Impact is much better than it was, but it was really bad to begin with, so it's still not amazing. It's on par with Rage Dance and Serpent Air, now, and the blades will more easily hit monsters (wider radius + longer reach). Also the number of hits (fifteen in total, if I'm counting right) makes it a good PA to apply SEs.

Homing Emission is okay... it completely fails at anything but long ranges and the PP cost is too high for its own good. The PA is really fast, so I guess this is a better choice for RA/TE with PP Convert active.

Divine Launcher is all right, but I was hoping for much more, I guess. I cared more about the size of the blast radius than the damage. Still, pretty cool.

Bullet Squall is one of my favourites as well. Not only do you get to move around (quite fast at that), it also does more damage and the PP cost increase is manageable - not like PP is a huge issue on gunner, anyway.

Tritt Shooter changes a lot, it's almost a new PA. I could not find a good use for it, whether while bow or katana braver, however.

ShadowDreamer
Jul 23, 2015, 08:45 AM
Can I get a clarification on what the Cerberus dance customization does? We have one person that says they love it, one that made it sound like they couldn't tell the difference, and when I look at it through the crafter all I can tell it does is raise the PP cost by 5 while keeping the same damage. Its a move I like on my hunter and resetting this is annoying so I haven't crafted it myself yet >.>

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2015, 08:55 AM
Having a hard time complaining about katana aoe outside of KF on XH/ult enemies now with that kazan craft handing me a 50k damage area nuke capable of one-shotting an SH-level gorongo.

ChronoLink
Jul 23, 2015, 11:47 AM
It feels like they changed the JA window after a crafted Wild Rapsody. Can anyone confirm this, and if so does it affect other PAs? I'd check myself but 3hour cooldowns are a pain.

KazukiQZ
Jul 23, 2015, 11:51 AM
Can I get a clarification on what the Cerberus dance customization does? We have one person that says they love it, one that made it sound like they couldn't tell the difference, and when I look at it through the crafter all I can tell it does is raise the PP cost by 5 while keeping the same damage. Its a move I like on my hunter and resetting this is annoying so I haven't crafted it myself yet >.>
Damage is lowered abit, but the PA gain animation speed boost and smaller hit range, making it sort of close combat PA. The range, IMO, is similar as Sakura Endo.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 23, 2015, 12:12 PM
Tri-Impact is much better than it was, but it was really bad to begin with, so it's still not amazing. It's on par with Rage Dance and Serpent Air, now, and the blades will more easily hit monsters (wider radius + longer reach). Also the number of hits (fifteen in total, if I'm counting right) makes it a good PA to apply SEs.

It's 6 hits, the power is equally distributed between all the hits (so the shockwaves only do half the PA's damage), and the damage goes from 1106 > 1127 but landing all the hits has more histop than the uncrafted version. It's pretty bad.

And Serpent Air is actually a good PA so lol there.

Maenara
Jul 23, 2015, 02:51 PM

It has more hits which makes it fabulous for gaining gear. I prefer CDance T-0 to Kaiser Rise now.

Amatsukaze
Jul 23, 2015, 04:51 PM
It has more hits which makes it fabulous for gaining gear. I prefer CDance T-0 to Kaiser Rise now.

I didn't really notice it having more hits, but I could be wrong.
Wouldn't more hits on it be a bad thing though since the last hit is where the punch is packed?

It just leaves the target you're attacking more time to just move out of your way.
I'd still say Kaiser Rise is the go-to for gear since it fills it up instantly and the ease of hitting a target with it.

CDance T-0 is okay imo, not anything spectacular.

Xaelouse
Jul 23, 2015, 05:24 PM
cerberus dance 0 is meant to be used along with heavenly fall, with higher DPS upkeep than kaiser and original cerberus dance, and keeps you in the air. It has the same amount of hits as before. It's really fast, but the range is much tinier than what was shown in the trailer. Basically single-target now.

Honestly, the only custom I like is tornado dance because it's what it should have been 3 years ago, and could have been a lot more useful back then.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 23, 2015, 08:55 PM
I like the direction of which the game is going right now.

We need to see more twister fall like PA customizations, Next step:

Nova Strike PA customization, continuous spinning with movement >:D

HopelessHero
Jul 23, 2015, 09:10 PM
Nova Strike PA customization, continuous spinning with movement >:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72_W5kcHxs

elryan
Jul 23, 2015, 10:18 PM
What I want to see:

Sacrifice Bite Type-0: Drains HP / PP in addition to damage increase

Deadly Archer Type-0: Wider AoE

Meteor Fist Type-0: 2-tier charged, uncharged: smallest fist, tier-1 charged: medium fist, tier 2 charged: god fist

Regenschlag Type-0: Eliminates the flight time. You teleport instantly to locked target then slash / shoot.

Shunka-shunran Type-0: Eliminates dash. You teleport to locked target before each slash.

Kestrel Rampage Type-0: Eliminates the last damage by photon blade raining. The total rain damage is transferred to the last crossing slash.

Sneak Shooter Type-0: Eliminates bullet travel time. Damage instantly inflicted on locked target.

Satellite Aim Type-0: Greatly increases speed when cast in ground, removes movement (PA executed in place).

Gravity Point Type-0: Greatly increases the duration and the AoE.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 24, 2015, 12:20 AM
Starting to think 'great success' only means you used a support item. These two custom kazans being better than a 'great success' in both ways without being great successes themselves is suspect.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.cubeupload.com/XQ9h91.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.cubeupload.com/cDuFGS.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Renderless
Jul 24, 2015, 12:36 AM
You don't need to use a item to force a great success. It's just pure RNG like always.

I've had only 2 great successes so far without using the boosters out of a total of 4 great successes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 24, 2015, 01:12 AM
You don't need to use a item to force a great success. It's just pure RNG like always.

I've had only 2 great successes so far without using the boosters out of a total of 4 great successes.

The 'great success' I mentioned was +121 power -8pp. It was worse than the one in the first picture in both regards; and that was a normal success.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 24, 2015, 01:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72_W5kcHxs

i was thinking of something more like htis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kynLXGhgXWw

SakuRei
Jul 24, 2015, 06:04 AM
What I suddenly noticed in similar with the crafted Twister Fall PA. Somehow it's funny and fun at the same time when used. Though it still needs good damage boost or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4GX5KxGQHk

Or Sanic, spinnin~ fast at the speed of sound.

HopelessHero
Jul 24, 2015, 09:04 PM
i was thinking of something more like htis

Was gonna go with Elsword Lord Knight's Windmill attack, which is pretty much the same as you linked but way more spins, but i went with Elesis Grand Master's Juggernaut Buster because it's got a bigger area.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 25, 2015, 03:10 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.cubeupload.com/EV1ay1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Great success my ass. It's literally only because i used craft support items. That's 70/215 and -5/-10 kazan craft.

Poyonche
Jul 25, 2015, 03:49 AM
I have no screenshot of it but i got a great success for kazan with power +~50% PP-6. :wacko:

Say hello to trashbin.

wefwq
Jul 25, 2015, 03:53 AM
Great success in this system are fucking trash, the only purpose it serve are just to unlock achievement panel.

Maenara
Jul 25, 2015, 04:46 AM
Does it give a great success every time a support item is used?

Selphea
Jul 25, 2015, 05:01 AM
Yep, same as every other craft afaik.

Maenara
Jul 25, 2015, 05:29 AM
Yep, same as every other craft afaik.

Except Tech customization, which is the most similar to PA customization, hence the confusion.

Zorak000
Jul 25, 2015, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0-U0Ma2do

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2015, 03:33 PM
Does crafted Tornado Dance generate much less gear than regular Tornado Dance?
I use it for gear; if it gives 1/5th the gear while making it so I can't stick to the enemies for Chaos Riser, I'll probably just ignore it

Rayden
Aug 5, 2015, 02:50 PM
So what's the consensus on PA crafting? I've been playing a tech class lately so I haven't been paying much attention to this until now. I've picked up that Homing Emission sucks because it just weakens it and you can do the same thing already, but what about the other PAs?

I'm interested in Twister Fall, Cerberus Dance, Rising Flag, Wild Rhapsody, Tornado Dance, Slide Uppercut, Tri Impact, Kazan, Divine Launcher, Bullet Squall, and Tritt Shooter.

Are all of the above PAs better off being crafted, or is there some benefit to keeping them uncrafted? Which are the must haves?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 5, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'm interested in Twister Fall, Cerberus Dance, Rising Flag, Wild Rhapsody, Tornado Dance, Slide Uppercut, Tri Impact, Kazan, Divine Launcher, Bullet Squall, and Tritt Shooter.

Are all of the above PAs better off being crafted, or is there some benefit to keeping them uncrafted? Which are the must haves?

Twisterfall is a game-changer for Sword if you want a more reliable option than Overend

Rising Flag gives Spear a real gap closer

Tornado Dance similarly becomes a real gap closer while doing all 5 hits in one damage chunk

Slide Upper is apparently really good for damage

Kazan benefits from charge advance, can be activated before fully charging, and apparently fills gear while charging

Divine Launcher gets like double the explosion radius, but can no longer be used while in the air

Bullet Squall is great since you can chase enemies with it

DRIGZ
Aug 5, 2015, 03:33 PM
-Video link-

I lol' XDD

Edit: [Insert Limp Bizkit-Rollin song]

IndigoNovember
Aug 5, 2015, 07:11 PM
Divine Launcher gets like double the explosion radius, but can no longer be used while in the air

You can still shoot it in the air, just gotta jump after it's charged. It doesn't float you while you charge it though.

Rayden
Aug 5, 2015, 07:16 PM
Twisterfall is a game-changer for Sword if you want a more reliable option than Overend

Rising Flag gives Spear a real gap closer

Tornado Dance similarly becomes a real gap closer while doing all 5 hits in one damage chunk

Slide Upper is apparently really good for damage

Kazan benefits from charge advance, can be activated before fully charging, and apparently fills gear while charging

Bullet Squall is great since you can chase enemies with it

Thanks! So, I should basically just craft all of them except for Homing Emission, then?

TehCubey
Aug 5, 2015, 08:55 PM
No one responded regarding Wild Rhapsody yet, so I will:

It becomes incredibly good. Its DPS easily outdamages symphonic drive spam, especially if you throw in Shoot Polka/Quick March for height building/TAJA. And it has great aerial maneuverability. The PP efficiency drops pretty low though, so make sure to craft it as close to 20 PP as possible.

wefwq
Aug 5, 2015, 08:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0-U0Ma2do
gotta_go_fast.mp4