PDA

View Full Version : Mag SP Auto Action

CoWorker
Jul 22, 2015, 07:20 AM
so how is it so far in you guys? ive got a maxed S-atk Mag and dunno if "Striking / Clobber" is either Iron Wall or Rave

i didnt have my graphics setting set on high but on rather low and theres no visual effect other than it glowed purple and didnt do anything, i guess its Iron Wall then but i didnt payed attention to my HP bar

so anyway what do u guys think about the Auto Actions? good? bad? im curious on other actions are more useful than the other

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 07:25 AM
Clobber are the attack one.
Once activated, it emits slashing light around your character, if it's touch enemy it'll deal small damage.

SP action are automatically charged over time, your mag will save it for later and they'll activate it for you when there's boss nearby.
When your mag having purple aura it means that SP action are fully charged and ready to use.

And i think iron wall are the DEX one(?)

CoWorker
Jul 22, 2015, 07:29 AM
welp... i just did Daily Orders and it activated randomly during Bal boss fight, but still ive been doing the EQ and it just keeps glowing and not doing anything even tho there are a ton of bosses... and Rave lasts only in seconds and i didnt saw the full damage

Edit: Nvm i tried on another boss (that didnt died instantly) and it lasted like for the whole boss fight, it was pretty okay and it just deals 700 spam though out he whole battle (still the fight was still quick..)

ultimafia
Jul 22, 2015, 08:05 AM
It also regens your PP during its course.
Altho very slowly, its still noticeable for melee classes with charge PAs like Br and Hu
Actually, looks like the light circles surrounding you also have an on-hit PP regen

Poyonche
Jul 22, 2015, 08:40 AM
I didn't understand what Focus (t-atk SP action) is supposed to do. :l

CoWorker
Jul 22, 2015, 09:05 AM
I didn't understand what Focus (t-atk SP action) is supposed to do. :l

one of my friends test it and he thinks its PP regeneration... im not sure myself and i didnt saw it personally but someone really has to confirm this

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 09:15 AM
Swiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7) has slight info regarding new SP action, scrolldown to trigger action.

Stickboy
Jul 22, 2015, 09:28 AM
but PP regen seems to work for all SP action though

sesiom000
Jul 22, 2015, 02:57 PM
I have my mag with full defense and i was wondering if i can use the Iron Wall SP ability for my mag, but i only have DEX 1 on my mag, so i was wondering if the Iron Wall Tranforms the mag DEX into player DEF?

IndigoNovember
Jul 22, 2015, 03:28 PM
I have my mag with full defense and i was wondering if i can use the Iron Wall SP ability for my mag, but i only have DEX 1 on my mag, so i was wondering if the Iron Wall Tranforms the mag DEX into player DEF?

Using the mag device from the EXCube shop should only change the SP Auto Action and should leave the stats of your mag alone.

Terrence
Jul 22, 2015, 04:29 PM
Your stats remain unchanged indeed. You get a free SP Action when your MAG hit 200 based on your main stat (S+SDEF, R+RDEF, T+TDEF or DEX) but you can change it freely and without any alteration of your MAG's stats with the device bought for 50 Cubes.

Symphie
Jul 22, 2015, 04:47 PM
Using the mag device from the EXCube shop should only change the SP Auto Action and should leave the stats of your mag alone.

Your stats remain unchanged indeed. You get a free SP Action when your MAG hit 200 based on your main stat (S+SDEF, R+RDEF, T+TDEF or DEX) but you can change it freely and without any alteration of your MAG's stats with the device bought for 50 Cubes.

I'm under the impression sesiom000's question was if the Iron Wall SP is any use on his full defense stat mag, given he only have 1 DEX and supposedly Iron Wall's damage reduction is based on the mag's DEX?

untrustful
Jul 22, 2015, 05:21 PM
Strike Auto Action: 40 hits in 20 seconds. Slashes surround you when a midboss (?) or end boss is shows up.
Shoot Auto Action: Shoots at a main target (?). Activates when a midboss or end boss shows up.
Tech Auto Action: Reduces the charge time of techs. Triggers when midboss or endboss show up.
Dex Auto Action: Reduces damage. Triggers on midboss or endboss.

Raujinn
Jul 22, 2015, 06:12 PM
Iron Wall seems kind of pathetic so far. Tested on a 200 Dex mag the damage reduction seems to be slightly stronger than Massive Hunter (might be up to 40%? Don't know for reasons that'll become quickly apparent...). It activates when you take damage and lasts for about 5 seconds, making it pretty hard to approeciate the actual damage reduction.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know. It's otherwise a free very short lived Massive Hunter as it does seem to resist the same things.

Rayden
Jul 22, 2015, 06:52 PM
Does it give super armor?

Stickboy
Jul 22, 2015, 06:54 PM
the PP regen thingy works when i was spamming sataim

IndigoNovember
Jul 22, 2015, 07:09 PM
It's not actually a buff to your passive PP regen, it's the attacks hitting giving you back PP (think of them like normal attacks).

Terrence
Jul 22, 2015, 08:07 PM
I'm under the impression sesiom000's question was if the Iron Wall SP is any use on his full defense stat mag, given he only have 1 DEX and supposedly Iron Wall's damage reduction is based on the mag's DEX?
You may be right. Let's wait for Sesiom000's answer.

Tech Auto Action: Reduces the charge time of techs. Triggers when midboss or endboss show up.
It gives a cool-looking effect... But I didn't notice the charge reduction. Or else it's a really small one.

sesiom000
Jul 23, 2015, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the answer guys :)!

Kondibon
Jul 23, 2015, 08:11 PM
If the tech action is faster casting I'm not finding it very noticable, though I haven't tried it with long cast time techs yet...

EDIT: Yeah it's definitely not faster casting unless it's bugged. I can't figure out anything else it does though. It is possibly support based?

akitalevia
Jul 23, 2015, 09:34 PM
I was wondering what those blades were. The sound is so annoying and lasts so long.

yoshiblue
Jul 23, 2015, 09:46 PM
I love being a CAST with a ranger mag. It would feel like being a tank with a machine gun. Get'em, Mag! Get'em!

Alma
Jul 24, 2015, 12:01 AM
If the tech action is faster casting I'm not finding it very noticable, though I haven't tried it with long cast time techs yet...

EDIT: Yeah it's definitely not faster casting unless it's bugged. I can't figure out anything else it does though. It is possibly support based?

just fyi,

when the mag SP bar getting full, our mag will glow, added pp regen will kick in when this happen.
and then when the SP actually activate, it will have circle animation on our character and that's where the reduced charge effect kick in.

the tech mag SP one is indeed faster casting.
feel kinda like 20% (or maybe a little less) reduced cast time.

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2015, 12:25 AM
just fyi,

when the mag SP bar getting full, our mag will glow, added pp regen will kick in when this happen.
and then when the SP actually activate, it will have circle animation on our character and that's where the reduced charge effect kick in.

the tech mag SP one is indeed faster casting.
feel kinda like 20% (or maybe a little less) reduced cast time.I know what it looks like when it activates. I've had it go up several times before and after I posted that.

I'm not feeling it at all even with long techs like sabarta. :/

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2015, 02:11 AM
Does the R-atk action generate PP? If so, it might be a better option for force classes rather than the ~20% charge speed. Also, for the DEX action, is the damage reduction based off DEX, or is it a fixed % reduction?

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2015, 04:05 AM
For a moment, I thought that said "assbarta".

I'd test the Dex mag thing if it didn't take 50 years to level a Dex mag.
Mine's still at around 120.

Can't wait to experience the music of everyone's slash mag's SP action triggering at the same time.

Ezodagrom
Jul 24, 2015, 05:55 AM
Mine's still at around 120.
Using crafted tech discs is alot faster than regular discs for leveling a DEX mag (this was added last time they buffed mag feeding).

Charmeleon
Jul 24, 2015, 05:57 AM
Mag leveling is very fast with mini food devices you can get from the photon shop. Doesn't cost too much either. Takes about 330 photon spheres and 5 minutes of spamming enter to level a mag from 0 to 200. I wouldn't even bother with weapons or discs anymore.

I never really fed my capped mags for their trigger actions, but I'll probably start doing so if these mag actions prove to be useful. They seem to be pretty underwhelming though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 24, 2015, 06:57 AM
I never really fed my capped mags for their trigger actions, but I'll probably start doing so if these mag actions prove to be useful. They seem to be pretty underwhelming though.

Everyone likes free PP regen, especially when it continues through PA use.

For katanas... atm the S atk version is at odds with hatou's ideal range, but I'm looking foward to its synergy with guren tessen.

dingophone
Jul 24, 2015, 08:38 AM
Vulcan/Rapid Fire is pretty decent from very limited testing against Ragne and Zesh.

Perfect Chaos
Jul 24, 2015, 03:35 PM
Mine's still at around 120.Ever since the last Mag fodder buff, raising a pure DEX Mag is about twice as fast as raising a pure ATK Mag, since each customized tech disc gives about as much DEX as 9* weapons give to ATK but you don't have to alternate it with room items.

Mag leveling is very fast with mini food devices you can get from the photon shop. Doesn't cost too much either. Takes about 330 photon spheres and 5 minutes of spamming enter to level a mag from 0 to 200. I wouldn't even bother with weapons or discs anymore.You're wasting roughly 7-8 million meseta in (opportunity) cost just to save time, though. Even if I was loaded with hundreds of millions of meseta, I wouldn't do this, since I'm the type of person that would rather take my time and save that money for something else.
If you're someone that has 8 million to spare, then you'll probably have at least one maxed Mag already, anyway, so what's the rush... To each their own, I guess.

EDIT: But I guess you're someone that makes new characters all the time, so it makes sense to do this for new characters if you have the money to blow.