PDA

View Full Version : PSO2es loading too slow?

Batty
Jul 22, 2015, 08:15 PM
hi, just wanted to know if im the only one having this issue; i used to play PSO2es no problem, the missions usually didnt taked above a minute to load.

but since a couple of weeks now missions take a extremely long time to load, it stays on the 1/4 (half bar full) from 3 to 5 minutes now. i tried reinstalling the game and try on a different devices but still.

it used to be so fast before, any idea why it takes so long now?

Rakurai
Jul 22, 2015, 09:57 PM
It started being an issue for me after the latest update.

Hopefully, it's universal and not just an issue for people outside of Japan.

wefwq
Jul 22, 2015, 11:30 PM
Are you downloaded the game data pack from option menu?
If it's not then, yes the game loads really slow -- but when you have game data downloaded already, it load pretty fast.

Atmius
Jul 22, 2015, 11:41 PM
For some reason sega are incompetent, and every update recently has required a large portion of the data pack to be redownloaded. Sega are incompetent even moreso in that said data cannot be downloaded when the tablet/phone does not have pso2es as the active program while on (and cannot be downloaded when you put it into sleep mode, unlike say browser downloads). It's just really bad handling by sega.

wefwq
Jul 23, 2015, 12:11 AM
For some reason sega are incompetent, and every update recently has required a large portion of the data pack to be redownloaded. Sega are incompetent even moreso in that said data cannot be downloaded when the tablet/phone does not have pso2es as the active program while on (and cannot be downloaded when you put it into sleep mode, unlike say browser downloads). It's just really bad handling by sega.
You could just leave PSO2es running and downloading the data pack while you're sleeping, since while downloading data the game will prevent phone from idling... could destroy your phone though.

Atmius
Jul 23, 2015, 12:12 AM
It's more that if you want to download the data pack you don't have a choice in the matter, you can't do anything else at all with the tablet/phone while it downloads. It doesn't download in the background like any other good thing.

wefwq
Jul 23, 2015, 12:17 AM
^ yes, that's why i said just to leave it downloading while you're sleeping.
I been doing this and then i can just continue playing on the next morning.

Rupikachu
Jul 23, 2015, 06:05 AM

I'm going to play devils advocate here. The game is powered by unity, and afaik you can't let the engine running in background in android. So its not even sega fault. If you want to blame someone, go blame Unity

About the new assets on ES a big update usually means they updated Unity and it requires to redownload it, again not sega fault.

Strange tho. Until 1.3x they were on unity 4.3, haven't checked recently (Edit: they switched to 4.6.4p1 on 1.13). The only files it needs to always download/check are your costume/accesory/hair if it's not cached and the contentscachedatabase if the version number differs from their server (which is what the tweaker patches). Edit: So 1.13+ had to redownload all the assets. Blame unity

That aside, in the last 6 months pso2es has gotten a major refactor and it's quite better written internally.

Edit: The main reason its probably slower are their servers.

Batty
Jul 23, 2015, 10:18 AM
oh, so i need to download a data pack then? gonna try that then, mind telling me how to get to that pack? (i mean, what stuff i got to click in pso2es in order to get to it, im terrible at kanji)

nvm, i just noticed how to do so in this guide http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/#pane-0-4 however, i see that there are 2 download options, 1 for a 600mb item pack and another 3gb for a complete pack

it is nesesary to download the 3gb pack for the game to load normally? cant i do with the 600mb one?

Rupikachu
Jul 23, 2015, 10:40 AM
You odn't need the data packages, the only benefits are icons for the 600mb one if i recall and having slightly better loading speeds when connecting, but thats all. The rest is just server load (the game server is mostly a web server).

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 23, 2015, 11:14 AM
The data packs also make it so other characters have their actual outfits and accessories on, instead of defaults~ It's pure fluff but it's nice if you have the time/space to install.

Batty
Jul 23, 2015, 11:29 AM
downloading the icon pack as we speak. what is bothering me is that my tablet is getting very hot at the download, and it only has downloaded 700/6400 so far

Rupikachu
Jul 23, 2015, 01:25 PM
You can blame the game for having too many assets for that, and also sega for splitting them in so many bundles (tho they didn't have much choice anyway). In my N7 it drains the battery faster than the charger feeds it, so i need to do it in multiple full charges.

Rakurai
Jul 30, 2015, 04:29 AM
The game is slow to the point of being frustrating during EQs now. It takes almost a whole minute for me just to load the boss.

I don't see any complaints about it on the JP end of things, so I assume whatever changes they made to the PSO2es servers in the 1.14 update wasn't good for foreigners.