PDA

View Full Version : Story getting confusing

xBM
Jul 23, 2015, 06:35 AM
So I've just completed Episode 1 Matter Board 10 and the story quest "The Final Goodbye" where Quna and your character kills Hadred in Skyscape.

Now for some reason, I saw that the story quests "Beginning of the End" and "The First Farewell" is still half a crown when I'm already at Episode 2.

Also, it seems like I totally skipped Episode 1 Matter Board 11 after I finished Matter Board 10 and went straight to Episode 2. I got the matter board when I was in Matter Board 8 or 9 for some apparent reason.

I tried doing the half crown story quests and choosing different dialogs to complete it, but it still remains half.

My question is, how do you fill the crown for the story quests I listed? And how many Matter Boards does Episode 1 have?

The story is starting to get confusing for me because of the non-linear story telling (it was linear until I got to the second chapter onwards...I think it's just me) , scattered tid-bits of the story, and all these temporal loops. I would appreciate if anyone knows a link of chapters summary of PSO2. I've looked for it but most of them stops halfway through Episode 1.

Ezodagrom
Jul 23, 2015, 07:10 AM
Let's see...

"Beginning of the End" chapter has 3 routes to it during Episode 1, but 2 of them are optional.
The 3 routes:
- Left path in area 1 without Zeno and Echo.
- Right path in area 1 without Zeno and Echo.
- Central path in area 1 with Zeno and Echo.

"The First Farewell" has 2 routes, when you meet up with Casra, you get the options for 1 route or the other through chat options. In one route Casra joins you for the quest (optional route) and in the other he doesn't join (needed route to unlock MB10).

Matterboard 11 is the last one from Episode 1, but it's completely optional. Its chapter has 6 possible routes, though the most important one story wise is Afin's route. Ohza's, Marlu's, Lisa's and Patty/Tea's routes are identical, but Patty/Tea's one unlocks their COs and partner cards if you complete with 1000 points (killing every single enemy in the quest including hidden enemies).
The "going alone" route has a different end boss for having 1000 points.

Bottomline, the routes worth doing are Afin's first (doesn't matter if you get 1000 points or not in this one, outcome is the same), Patty and Tea's route and "going alone" route.

wefwq
Jul 23, 2015, 08:33 AM
Some story quest require you to do some backtracking, take different path, or choose different dialogue choice from before and the different cutscene will play and you'll be taken to different story chapter.

xBM
Jul 23, 2015, 05:16 PM
Let's see...

"Beginning of the End" chapter has 3 routes to it during Episode 1, but 2 of them are optional.
The 3 routes:
- Left path in area 1 without Zeno and Echo.
- Right path in area 1 without Zeno and Echo.
- Central path in area 1 with Zeno and Echo.

"The First Farewell" has 2 routes, when you meet up with Casra, you get the options for 1 route or the other through chat options. In one route Casra joins you for the quest (optional route) and in the other he doesn't join (needed route to unlock MB10).

Matterboard 11 is the last one from Episode 1, but it's completely optional. Its chapter has 6 possible routes, though the most important one story wise is Afin's route. Ohza's, Marlu's, Lisa's and Patty/Tea's routes are identical, but Patty/Tea's one unlocks their COs and partner cards if you complete with 1000 points (killing every single enemy in the quest including hidden enemies).
The "going alone" route has a different end boss for having 1000 points.

Bottomline, the routes worth doing are Afin's first (doesn't matter if you get 1000 points or not in this one, outcome is the same), Patty and Tea's route and "going alone" route.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I did the "Beginning of the End" chapter and chose the second option when I meet Zeno and Echo. This is where I meet up with Maria instead of Casra, Gettemhart, and Melphonsina when choosing the first option. I'll try out the different path I took to see if I get a whole crown.

On "The First Farewell" chapter, I unlocked MB 10 after Casra joined the quest.

I have another question though, why are the 2 chapters from Episode 1 still half crown when I'm already at Episode 2? I think I might've messed up something from switching MB from EP1 and EP3 (for Zieg's CO.)

ashley50
Jul 23, 2015, 05:47 PM
I have another question though, why are the 2 chapters from Episode 1 still half crown when I'm already at Episode 2? I think I might've messed up something from switching MB from EP1 and EP3 (for Zieg's CO.)

It means there is an alternate path available for those chapter(s).

xBM
Jul 23, 2015, 06:20 PM
It means there is an alternate path available for those chapter(s).

Yeah, just did the story quests again and went from different paths and now the crown is filled.

I feel really stupid...

Thanks everyone.