PDA

View Full Version : SP Tech / Focus (Mag Lv. 200 Auto Action)

Loucia
Jul 24, 2015, 08:26 AM
Facts:
* Becomes usable after 120 seconds on field (not effected by Energy)
* Requires Energy to trigger (not charge)
* Will only be triggered when boss type enemy is present
* May be fed during boss battle for activation
* Must deal damage to activate
* Non-damage moves such as Banishing Arrow will not trigger SP
* Not usable alongside photon blast / beast (will prevent activation or cancel SP)
* CAN stack with PP Restore J (both active at same time)
* Creates a visual circle around character similar to Ketos Proi
* Reduces all tech charge times by 20%
* Does not effect compound tech or Namegid
* Does NOT restore pp on technique damage
* Lasts 20 seconds
* Becomes usable again after 120 seconds from use

Purple aura:
If mag has energy, will glow purple to indicate SP is ready.
Has been tested and does NOT increase passive pp regen.
If mag hits 0% Energy during "purple glow" the visual will disappear HOWEVER SP remains fully charged and may be activated during boss when fed.

Other notes:
PP Restore J can trigger at same time if it's conditions are also met.
20% Reduction appears to apply after all other reduction modifiers (verified with Flame Tech S Charge 50% reduction)
1.5 cast reduces to 1.20
1.0 cast reduces to 0.80
0.5 cast reduces to 0.40

Uses:
FO/TE : For solo or certain situations you can pre-build compound tech, and SP with mag energy 0%. Open with photon flare & compound then feed mag to trigger SP, and restore J. After J use PB so it is still between the 120 seconds window of SP. After PB go into PP conversion. The 2nd compound should be able to finish off the enemy (if not already dead). I use this rotation for big hp mobs such as vibras in td or if I need to solo an MPA tier boss.

Other ideas:
The 20% reduction may be more valuable on longer casting moves. Further abuse may be viable with squeezing techs into a Banishing Arrow. Being able to lay down a zanverse faster to catch more hits in an mpa is HUGE, also may be viewed as additional 20% shock for gal / df or outright applying status effects. It also see it being very helpful during Magatsu.

Please feel free to test other techs or combos.

Rakurai
Jul 24, 2015, 08:34 AM
Na Megid's charge time can't be reduced in any manner.

I assume it's because it doesn't follow the same rules as a standard tech, which is also why it can't be stored with Charge Escape.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 24, 2015, 08:53 AM
Good to know how it actually works.

@Rakurai There is one potential on some seasonal weapons that reduce Na Megid charge time by 19% (but only that tech is affected).

LonelyGaruga
Jul 24, 2015, 11:58 AM
That potential reduces the charge time of all dark techs except Na Megid.

the_importer_
Jul 24, 2015, 12:32 PM
Does it do anything else but speed up tech charging?

Loucia
Jul 24, 2015, 12:55 PM
Does it do anything else but speed up tech charging?

To be honest I'm not sure, I didn't measure damage or crit ratio or anything else when I was testing, I was just looking for the current claims (reduction and pp restore) and trying to figure out it's behavior. You are welcome to test it out and post your findings and I will add it to the OP.

I do notice the activation once damage is dealt is near instant, so like you can do the first JA to damage the boss and go into your rotation.

the_importer_
Jul 24, 2015, 01:14 PM
To be honest I'm not sure, I didn't measure damage or crit ratio or anything else when I was testing, I was just looking for the current claims (reduction and pp restore) and trying to figure out it's behavior. You are welcome to test it out and post your findings and I will add it to the OP.

I do notice the activation once damage is dealt is near instant, so like you can do the first JA to damage the boss and go into your rotation.

You mean SEGA released something in the game without giving us details on what it does?

Loucia
Jul 24, 2015, 01:23 PM
You mean SEGA released something in the game without giving us details on what it does?

Well yes, however, it does appear to be useful. Hence the creation of the thread to discuss uses and features.

the_importer_
Jul 24, 2015, 01:25 PM
Well yes, however, it does appear to be useful. Hence the creation of the thread to discuss uses and features.

We should browse Japanese forums to see what they've found.

Azure Falcon
Jul 24, 2015, 02:17 PM
I'll be honest, it certainly doesn't feel like it is shortening the charge times on techs. I couldn't notice any difference at all when casting Resta during the boss E-Trials on Beach Wars earlier, even after I had used a damaging tech to change my boots element. I'm assuming the bell ringing sound effect is indicating when it has activated?

Loucia
Jul 24, 2015, 02:36 PM
I'm assuming the bell ringing sound effect is indicating when it has activated?

The more bell ringing sound is probably the indication that its fully charged. When it's activated you will get a visual of a ring around your character (similar to Ketos Proi). It's difficult to notice in zoom mode.

Also the only "support" tech i tested was zondeel, which it does work for. The others resta / shifta / anti and such I did not measure. For some with latency issues it may be hard to notice in a full MPA during EQ.

I used varda soma arks quest for the testing because he is easy to run to.

Also we are talking in the realm of 100 milliseconds, not every player can distinguish that precise.

Furthermore my experience during beach wars the first boss type enemy always comes before the 120 second full charge.

I recommend pocketing it at 0% and using it perhaps on the second boss that appears.

Loucia
Jul 24, 2015, 03:33 PM
New finding: Can activate alongside (at same time) as PP Restore J, pocket both for a very nice additional CD .

OP has been updated to reflect this.

Perfect Chaos
Jul 24, 2015, 04:36 PM
20% Reduction appears to apply after all other reduction modifiers (verified with Flame Tech S Charge 50% reduction)
1.5 cast reduces to 1.251.5*0.8 is 1.2, not 1.25.

Anyway, I've been hearing that during the purple aura, passive PP regen is increased (at least for the other SP actions). I'm assuming it works the same way for this one? My Mags reached lv200 last night before I went to sleep, and I haven't had the time to test them since.

Loucia
Jul 24, 2015, 05:09 PM
Fixed thanks.

I have tested pp regen no equips no skill points it takes around 18 seconds to regen 90 pp. I did the same but fed the mag to activate purple aura and regen variance remained the same. At the moment the purple aura appears to be nothing more then a visual.