PDA

View Full Version : Dont customize homming emmision

MightyHarken
Jul 24, 2015, 02:38 PM
Worst crafted PA in history.

ZynischQ
Jul 24, 2015, 02:40 PM
Your argument is impeccable and reasoning solid.

[Ayumi]
Jul 24, 2015, 02:44 PM

Mind saying what's wrong with it?

MightyHarken
Jul 24, 2015, 02:47 PM
;3276337']Mind saying what's wrong with it?

it becomes a little weaker than one point. normal homming emmision has the possibility of dealing massive damage, but the crafted homming emmision is like a nerf in exchange for the convenience of shooting all 6 bullets in one point

Droid803
Jul 24, 2015, 02:49 PM
It's not like anyone uses regular homing emission in the first place (or even should be using it in the first place) so I don't see the loss, even if the crafted version sucks.

[Ayumi]
Jul 24, 2015, 02:57 PM
it becomes a little weaker than one point. normal homming emmision has the possibility of dealing massive damage, but the crafted homming emmision is like a nerf in exchange for the convenience of shooting all 6 bullets in one point

Ah. Oh well.
I never used that PA in the 1st place anyway. Not really a problem for me.

Charmeleon
Jul 24, 2015, 03:43 PM
Regular Homing Emission is great for bosses with weak points or breakables that are difficult or impossible to Sat Cannon. Very useful for things like Banthers, Big Vardha, Vardha Soma, Tranmizer, Dark Ragne's legs (after you're too close for Impact Slider), GGG's shoes, Magatsu, and pretty much anything else you can get close enough to shotgun while still being able to get a bunch of lock ons (either by entering TPS mode and tagging them yourself or just spinning around in auto-aim mode).

Definitely not worth crafting because it's great when it does work.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 24, 2015, 04:07 PM
It's not like anyone uses regular homing emission in the first place (or even should be using it in the first place) so I don't see the loss, even if the crafted version sucks.

You're painting yourself a target here.

Rakurai
Jul 24, 2015, 04:07 PM
I've tried shotgunning normal Homing Emission but found it too troublesome to bother with over simply spamming Piercing Shell or Sneak Shooter.

I'd rather have the spammable long range PA the custom provides.

Bellion
Jul 24, 2015, 04:15 PM
Really, saying you should not use HE is almost like saying you should not use BHS. Custom HE 6 bullets = 2 non-custom HE in terms of damage, terrible.

MightyHarken
Jul 24, 2015, 04:15 PM
I've tried shotgunning normal Homing Emission but found it too troublesome to bother with over simply spamming Piercing Shell or Sneak Shooter.

I'd rather have the spammable long range PA the custom provides.

In that case use one point, it's more straightforward, a lil bit stronger, and you dont have to worry about having to be on long range. cheers buddy

SlN
Jul 24, 2015, 04:36 PM

You do realize that this is only the first level of PA crafting, I already heard there is going to be 7 levels. Do a little research next time before you jump the gun.

Rakurai
Jul 24, 2015, 04:50 PM
In that case use one point, it's more straightforward, a lil bit stronger, and you dont have to worry about having to be on long range. cheers buddy

Not really a fan of how long you have to commit to One Point compared to the other two PAs I mentioned.

I only ever use it for annoying things that don't know to hold still like Bayaribbles.

MightyHarken
Jul 24, 2015, 05:08 PM
Not really a fan of how long you have to commit to One Point compared to the other two PAs I mentioned.

I only ever use it for annoying things that don't know to hold still like Bayaribbles.

Good luck trying to get all 6 bullets to hit the weak point on a bayaribles.

If anything a quicker crafted one point would be better

Poyonche
Jul 24, 2015, 05:22 PM
-DISCLAIMER-

This posts contains a lot of sarcasm, if you take everything in this post seriously, you are the only responsible of what could happen next.
This also means you are forbidden to hit the author of this post. He is way too cute to get his little face crushed.

-END OF DISCLAIMER-

Watch soon the Rangers using custom HE receiving death letters and being banned from the MPAs because they are contributing to hunger in the world and holding back human evolution.

Also #PiercingShell4ever

Btw, remove that 2nd "m" in homing emission, the craft is already bad, the name does not need to be stabbed. D:

Rakurai
Jul 24, 2015, 05:32 PM
Good luck trying to get all 6 bullets to hit the weak point on a bayaribles.

If anything a quicker crafted one point would be better

I was talking about One Point...

It's the only rifle PA that's hitscan as opposed to a projectile, which gives it a niche for hitting mobile targets, but the other low cost PAs have better DPS otherwise.

IN any case, End Attract looks like it's going to give rifles another high DPS option that doesn't leave you wide open like Satellite Cannon does due to being able to move while it's charging.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2015, 05:38 PM
I was talking about One Point...

It's the only rifle PA that's hitscan as opposed to a projectile, which gives it a niche for hitting mobile targets, but the other low cost PAs have better DPS otherwise.

I'm somewhat sure that parallel slide and impact slide are both hitscan as well (not to mention diffuse shell?)

Selphea
Jul 24, 2015, 05:52 PM
I haven't had the time to try out other crafted PAs than Bullet Squall but from the looks of it, long ranged kiting can be handled by One Point and Master Shoot, but up close uncrafted HE really is one of the best options a Ranger has, although Slash Rave might be competitive depending on a bunch of factors.

I personally use Slash Rave on Maggy staggers just because it's so hard to see whether I have enough locks, whereas with Slash Rave it's just fire and sit back. Will probably mess with HE for Tech JA combos with One Point.

Nulve
Jul 25, 2015, 01:27 AM
Is it worth crafting Divine Launcher? Is that a nerf as well?

Rakurai
Jul 25, 2015, 01:31 AM
No.

It has higher base damage and does even more damage when it's charged on top of having a bigger blast radius.

It's perfect for spawn killing by preparing a charge in advance.

TaigaUC
Jul 25, 2015, 01:41 AM
Ugh, crafting levels.
All the more reason to just wait, especially if I don't need to get them right now.

Regarding Homing Emission, JP friend earlier told me it's faster but less damage.
That's all they said.

Zorua
Jul 25, 2015, 01:41 AM
I don't understand the hate for crafted HE. Mine still does over 10k a hit and you can fire them off as quickly as grenade shell, versus running in a circle to get (and possibly not all 6) lock-ons before you can push the barrel into the boss.

yoshiblue
Jul 25, 2015, 02:01 AM
I see it like Armor Core. Some people like the slower hard hitting weapons. Others like the quicker more versatile weapons. It may not hit as hard, but the consistent damage may out damage it anyways.

Dammy
Jul 25, 2015, 02:52 AM
i havent tried it yet, but how i see this:

1)for really good HE users, who know how to use it properly, original HE is better, its probably gives less sustained dps, but higher burst damage

2)for other players who dont that good at targeting, crafted version is better, as you can spam it consistently without any problems

the thing is, many people think they are #1, but actually they are #2

Kondibon
Jul 25, 2015, 03:29 AM
No.

It has higher base damage and does even more damage when it's charged on top of having a bigger blast radius.

It's perfect for spawn killing by preparing a charge in advance.Does it really get more damage being charged? It seems like only the AoE changes. I guess I need to test it more.

Regarding Homing Emission, JP friend earlier told me it's faster but less damage.
That's all they said.That's really all there is to say...

I don't understand the hate for crafted HE. Mine still does over 10k a hit and you can fire them off as quickly as grenade shell, versus running in a circle to get (and possibly not all 6) lock-ons before you can push the barrel into the boss.
Well I think the problem is that all the shots of uncrafted HE are only as strong as two shots of normal HE. That really doesn't take into account the speed difference though. Same thing with people comparing it to one point. Yeah one point does a little more damage. I can also get in 2 and a half HEs before one point even finishes. :I

If anything crafted HE is just REALLY pp inefficient.

GuardianGirth
Jul 25, 2015, 12:54 PM
Original HE was capable of much more damage but it doesn't compare to the burst damage of shotgunning Crafted HE.

In the end its nice for what it does, but RA/BR has so many options for boss killing that it may not even matter yet.

Superia
Jul 25, 2015, 01:38 PM
Original HE was capable of much more damage but it doesn't compare to the burst damage of shotgunning Crafted HE.

In the end its nice for what it does, but RA/BR has so many options for boss killing that it may not even matter yet.

Using it at close range was my initial intention, but it seems to whiff at close range 100% of the time unless I am using it to hit the ground beneath a target. Regular HE never did that, so I am imagining it was an intentional nerf to this version. It feels useless for Gunner (though it is pretty useful at cheesing out lower levels of Falz Angel), but I think it is one of the highest damage options for Ra/Hu for enemies that are at a considerable distance and moving too much for Satellite Cannon/Piercing Shell but not so fast that you need to use one of the hitscan moves.

MightyHarken
Jul 25, 2015, 02:01 PM
My biggest problem with it was that I was expecting it to be a more convenient HE, but it turned out to be weaker than even sneak shooter, I'm not saying it's terrible, but I just dont see the point of crafting it, since it's very possible for the boss to move around and dodge 2 out of the 6 bullets. which would lead to it being even weaker than it was intended.

MightyHarken
Jul 25, 2015, 02:05 PM
Sega should buff the PA and increase the damage to 650% or 700%

Agastya
Jul 25, 2015, 04:30 PM
it's fun to use
who cares

homing wasn't even in my loadout until i got mad at anga resisting tmg before the "please chain me" revival move anyway

Hrith
Jul 26, 2015, 04:51 AM
It's a lot faster that the default, though, but the PP cost then kills it.