PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 I'm new and what is this challenge quest....

LL8
Jul 25, 2015, 10:01 PM
Which pretty much demolished me a bazillion times over.

I started PSO2 and followed the 'round'ish arrow which led me to the quest NPCs. One of the quest NPCs had a quest that had the japanese 'noob' sign which i took accordingly
"The bottom facing arrow thats half yellow and green"
I made the mistake of going to the RIGHT instead of LEFT gate and had my ass handed to me several times by 5 rabid monkeys with my only weapon a FIST. :( It took me a couple tries to notice I had to go to the LEFT instead of RIGHT gate.

I put 2 and 2 together and proceeded to go to the LEFT gate that the NPC told me to go to. The NPC then properly told me to get the normal quest (not the challenge quest that whooped my ass which I didn't read) And then I took the non-challenge quest by the npc, the normal looking one. Funny thing, it didn't have the japanese 'noob' sign like the above.

I entered the LEFT side and then I had my ass handed to me again by 5 rabid monkeys..............with only a FIST as my 'weapon'
What in the bejezus. :(:(:(

This, by the way, I was doing solo all this time :( On the 7 or 8th try I was able to punchy all rabid monkeys to kingdom come..... with my first -_- lo and behold, BIGGER rabid monkeys came spawning. Thankfully it was "time up/clear" I got a "C" rank.

If someone would please explain this to me i would be so grateful. I google so much but nothing came up regarding first quest or first challenges :(

ashley50
Jul 25, 2015, 10:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227403&highlight=Challenge+quest

LL8
Jul 25, 2015, 11:11 PM
But thats a challenge quest right?

What if I want to go my merry way with a normal quest :(

Am I not able to do normal quests without getting my ass handed by rabid monkies?

Renderless
Jul 25, 2015, 11:14 PM
If you just want to do normal quests, don't choose Challenge Quest then.

wefwq
Jul 26, 2015, 12:24 AM
You can just go back to your ship and do normal kind of quest there... wtf.

starwind75043
Jul 26, 2015, 12:35 AM
Challenge quest is separate from normal questing. Think of Challenge quest as a competition

Kondibon
Jul 26, 2015, 03:25 AM
You have to go back to the normal blocks if you don't want to do challenge quests.

LL8
Jul 28, 2015, 05:59 PM
Yeahhh.... i realize i should have simpled down my question a bit .... (guess which answer make me wanna say no sht sherlock >.>)

For those who sorta got it, gratitudes for the reply and the efforted explanations.

Yes i know how to read JP
yes i know it says 'challenge' quest
Im not picking up the challenge quest
but it still boots me into a challenge quest.

I will try redownload this as I previously dual DLed the US version with the JP mmo

Neith
Jul 28, 2015, 06:07 PM
If you're getting a Challenge Quest you must be in a Challenge ship/lobby (since you can't do Challenge missions in normal lobbies). You'll need to travel back to a regular lobby to do anything else. Easy way to tell if you're in a challenge lobby is to look at your character. If they're Level 1 and are a 'Challenger' class, you're in a Challenge Lobby.

If I remember correctly you can get back to a regular lobby by the teleporters or by the quick menu.

Edit: I should add that if you do want to do Challenge, you'll need a decent size party for it. I think most people recommend 8-12 players.