PDA

View Full Version : The strange case of Two-Faced X

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 05:50 PM
8/31 update: He backstabbed his long-time friend to the point of driving him off the server, too. Swell guy.

This is a little story about my run in with a strange asshole. Read it if you're bored, reply however you want. It's PSO-World, so I'm expecting the usual.
I just wanted to complain about it somewhere. None of my other outlets seem appropriate, as I don't want to cause trouble.

So, I've been hanging around with JP players and friends for a few years now. No problems.
I should also mention that my characters are all sufficiently powerful, and I'm a decent player. I don't like to leech.
I've led groups, guilds, raids, and such in the past, although I've made mistakes (that I've learned from).

Shortly before Challenge arrived in PSO2, I was introduced (by a Japanese friend) to this Japanese guy, who we'll call "X".
X has his own blog page on the internet, which I came across by accident a while back.
He wanted to organize his own runs for EQs and Challenge. It was probably for this reason I was introduced to him.
He expressed that he was not a good leader, and that he was just starting out.
He's also expressed that he's of considerable age, so we're talking about a mature adult here.

Things were peachy at first. We ran together for months. In front of others, he seemed to treat me normally.
I wanted to get along with this guy, so I tried to be polite, often apologizing for bothering him, and tried to chat about stuff he might find interesting.
However, unlike any other JP person I'd talked to, he somehow seemed disinterested and distant.

During the runs with X, I noticed that he often asked our connections to friend him.
Those same connections often friended me. I've never had any problems with those people.
Even now, they still respond to me politely, and have offered to help me in various ways.

After each Challenge run, the main players would discuss how to improve our strategies.
I also wanted us to improve, so I recorded videos, gathered lots of info from PSO-World 1st place Challengers, translated it, and relayed it to X, the organizer.
I apologized for bothering him privately with the information, and he said something like, "actually, it's good that you came to me about it".
However, he always gave strange excuses to not incorporate the information, such as "I don't think the others are up to it" or "I don't think Vita players could do that".
Such excuses were debunked by the skilled players on this very forum.

So, my effort and suggestions went ignored... until, of course, someone else suggested the exact same things.
Then it would immediately became part of our strategy. Maybe I just went about it the wrong way, I thought.
Normally, at the first signs of serious trouble, I'd cut ties quickly, but I made the mistake of giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.
Big mistake.

The first major problem was when X secretly started Challenge runs early, despite knowing I was waiting.
This happened twice within a few weeks, despite my politely expressing displeasure at it happening the first time.
Politely, I asked him why. He said, "I'm not the organizer" and blamed it on his longtime friend, the guy who introduced me to him. He never apologized.
I asked that other guy what happened. He showed me the logs and said he only told X he wanted to go early, and let X decide the groups.
Those two have been friends since PSO1 days, so I couldn't tell if they were both lying or not.

Then came the Live Poll Magatsu. I asked ahead of time if I could join them (as I was instructed to do), politely as always.
He told me he wasn't organizing, or that someone else was. So, I started my own run.
Interestingly, the majority of people I asked said that they had been invited by X.
Funny, I thought he said he wasn't organizing. Maybe I misunderstood him, I figured.
I still managed to pull together a run from my own set of JP friends, so whatever.

I think the next time was the last. I politely asked ahead of time, as instructed to do so.
X said he wasn't sure if he would be organizing runs anymore.
He emphasized that he would very likely not be doing Magatsu that evening.
The last thing I said to him was thanking him for his hard work, because I know how annoying it is to organize groups.
He never replied.

That evening, he organized a Magatsu run, without telling me. I confirmed this via the quest counter.
Previously, we'd always done EQs on the same block. Interestingly, he changed blocks.

From then on, I never saw him online. The others were still doing Challenge and seemingly gathering for EQs.
I tried inviting some of them to organized runs. Most were always already invited, but they didn't say by who.

A few days ago, I asked one of the main Challenge players if I could join them for Challenge in the future.
Guess what? Turns out X was still organizing the daily Challenge runs the entire time.
Seems nobody else had any idea of what was going on, or that X secretly phased me out and made it look like I was the one who cut ties.
I could no longer see X's friend partner, and only my accounts could not see him on the visiphone.
I tried multiple other accounts, all instantly showed the single 1 hit. Mine? Always 0.
X had at some point placed me on his blacklist, for no apparent reason.

I asked the guy who introduced me to X, if he knew I was blacklisted. He had no idea.
He also expressed great doubt that I was blacklisted, and even asked X this, against my wishes.
X lied straight to his face, claiming I was not blacklisted. In doing so, he essentially called me a liar.
I've met a lot of terrible, horrible people over the years, but I don't think I've ever met an asshole as strange as X.

So, moral of the story? I guess there isn't one. There are just some strange assholes out there who will viciously turn on their friends for insignificant reason.
I figure I'm partially at fault somewhere, somehow, but at least I know I'm not the one blatantly lying to everyone's faces.
I can understand the feeling of not wanting to accept blame, as my life has basically been the scapegoat for everyone around me.
But I personally think it's important to own up to one's own mistakes, so I wouldn't pull this kind of shit on anyone.

Tl;dr Without anyone else knowing, for no reason, a JP organizer secretly excludes me, blames his own friends, blacklists me, then lies to everyone's faces about it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2015, 05:53 PM
Internet Drama™

Poyonche
Jul 26, 2015, 05:57 PM
I still don't understand why he put you on his blacklist, nor why he stopped to invite you.

Did people say bad things about you to X ?

The only "Internet Drama™" I had in PSO2 are people removing me from friend list after leaving the team I am in. I still dunno why they did that because we actually had pretty good friendship but I'm sure of one thing, no way I add them back. :wacko:

The Walrus
Jul 26, 2015, 06:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ew6xGNM.png

TaigaUC
Yeah, it's internet drama. I know it's the internet and all, but I can't help feeling sad that humans have so much trouble getting along decently.

AFAIK nobody else hates me or has said anything bad about me (they still talk to me, etc).
So it seems the entire thing was manufactured by X.
I really don't understand it either, that's why I'm so annoyed.

I guess I'm also pretty tired of investing effort into being civil, just to get it shat back in my face.
But yeah, welcome to the internet.

Selphea
That's a very Asian way of being a jerk to someone. No confrontation, just lots of behind the scenes politicking and backstabbing. Also why I prefer Western teams.

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 06:11 PM
The guy who introduced me to X wanted to confirm I wasn't Japanese.
He said that maybe X thought I was Japanese pretending to be a foreigner, which is a thing because Japanese people think foreigners are aweeesomeeee.
I'm apparently fluent enough to be suspected of it, which is pretty ridiculous because I've always feared the opposite.

Edit: used the wrong word.

@Selphea
That's an interesting point. Also makes me realize I don't really fit into either Asian or Western teams. I'm blunt, but tactful and I don't backstab people.
When there's a problem, I believe it's better to sort it out immediately, instead of bottling up and causing more trouble down the road.
Most Western people I've talked to hate my approach, and say it's "childish".

milranduil
Jul 26, 2015, 06:13 PM
Some people just really suck... regardless of their ethnicity. Sorry that had to happen to you :(

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2015, 06:15 PM
In seriousness, though, I've had stuff like that happen to me more times than I can count throughout my online gaming "career," from clans in FPS games to teams in games like PSU and PSO2. I mean, it's understandable, since I'm rather abrasive and crude most times, but still, some people are just shady shit-rats, and are too cowardly to admit when they have issues with someone.

But, hey, at least you didn't have to suffer X turning all of your other friends against you, too. I've had to deal with that more than once. Now that's a pain.

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 06:18 PM
@adios
Thanks, I appreciate it.

@Olaf
Thanks too. I guess I shouldn't take your abrasiveness so seriously. I've also had lots of these kinds of situations before, although they still bug me.
Come to think of it, a lot of them have been very strange.
- ISP admin banning anyone who shoots him in Quake, or beats him at trivia
- Elitist guild making up drama to kick out non-circle friends
- FPS community accusing me of secretly being my brother
- People stealing my shit all the time and saying they made it
- Close long-time friend suddenly accusing me of treating him like an idiot, and insisting that MADs = autotune = Vocaloid

I mean... what the hell. That's not even including all the real life stuff.

I'm kinda worried that X has said stuff about me to others, because he seems so desperate to paint himself the angel.
The people I talked to had no idea, though. They said I shouldn't worry so much as this kind of thing happens often, and I should just focus on the people that matter.
Still bothers me, though. I feel like I must have done something wrong.

Just to be clear, I didn't post this for the sympathy.
It's part of my way of dealing with the frustration.
I feel like I should kick that guy's ass for pulling this bullshit.
But I can't, and I don't want to cause anymore trouble.
Yet, what he did is so f'd up, I think a record of it should at least exist somewhere on the internet.
At the very least, as a reminder, or a warning to others.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2015, 06:22 PM
Something I've learned with those that are so caught up in wanting to cause drama or are disinterested in being a decent human being is that there is literally zero point in trying to convince them otherwise. I would say you're better off without him completely and to try to confront him about it would just be playing into his field to begin with.

Like the conclusive quote in WarGames, "the only winning move is not to play."

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks. I'd already intended to avoid him because I knew he lied to me the last time.
But I only just realized he was probably lying to me from the beginning with an intent to screw me.
That makes me feel like a fool for forgiving him so many times.
That, and him blacklisting me seems like way too extreme a response considering I wasn't even talking to him anymore.

Bellion
Jul 26, 2015, 06:27 PM
If I had to take a wild guess, this individual probably gets annoyed from others being too polite way too often. Yes, there are people like this, but, who knows what truly triggered the behavior of this individual.

And good lord, this truly is an Asian thing. I've dealt with too many Asians like this. Source: I'm Asian.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2015, 06:29 PM
I'm kinda worried that he's said stuff about me to others, because he seems so desperate to paint himself the angel.

Regarding this specific point (since you edited after I last posted), let people see for themselves what you're like. If they're too concerned with preconceived notions due to someone else's false judgment of you, you don't need that in your life anyway.

Azure Falcon
Jul 26, 2015, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the pitfalls of the internet. Without the ability to have face to face interaction you lose the ability to discern people's true personalities, as nobody is ever what they appear to be on the surface. With situations like yours where the "friendship" has been forced due to group activities instead of occurring naturally it's inevitable you'll end up being seen as the outsider by someone at the centre and eventually pushed out and betrayed because of it.

Countless occurrences like that taught me just to play online games solo and not get involved with clans, groups or anything of the like. It'll all end the same way, and the stress isn't worth it, particularly if you're the sort of person that takes it very hard and very personally. The only thing I can say is that it sounds like it's not your fault and you shouldn't feel that it is. Do whatever you need to in order to get him out of your memory, including letting ties gradually drop away with people that aren't likely to treat you as an individual friend now you're not part of that "group".

Regarding this specific point (since you edited after I last posted), let people see for themselves what you're like. If they're too concerned with preconceived notions due to someone else's false judgment of you, you don't need that in your life anyway.
Agreed. I wouldn't even talk about the situation again with the friends you stay in contact with, they won't want to be dragged into it nor feel like they have to take sides. If they do they'll probably end up siding with him because of group mentality. Just be the same as you always were with them and they'll quickly grasp that any accusations are false.

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 06:34 PM
I'm Asian too, but I guess I haven't been around many Asian people in my life.

@adios
Good point. Thanks.
Actually, my earlier life was full of people making up things about me. That's probably why I fear it.
Students did it, teachers did it. They all had these weird expectations of me being a terrible, horrible person.
They literally went out of their way to make my life a misery. Imagine some psychological and physical trauma, and I've probably experienced it.
It seems they thought I was some kind of gang member who stabbed people, did drugs, etc. Reality is the opposite, of course.
The very few people who actually got to know me always said "you're nothing like what everyone says about you". Go figure.

Again, not asking for sympathy. Just annoyed that I don't have much luck in these matters.

@Azure Falcon
Thanks for the advice.
Some people I've talked to recently (mostly female) have expressed fear at talking with others on the internet because they can't see the other person's face.
To be honest, I was afraid to interact with anybody in PSO2 for years, up until I started to make my friend partners public, and some nice people decided to talk to me.

Nyansan
Jul 26, 2015, 06:39 PM
There are some people who just love to hate on other people, for no reason at all; Seems like 'x' is one of those people. Why are they doing this? I don't know, insecurity I guess? Maybe he thinks that you're 'taking' away your mutual friends' attention and company away from him.

Anyway, don't let this type of person get to you. Don't be too emotionally invested in scum like x, because the moment you do is the moment you let them get the better of you.

Kondibon
Jul 26, 2015, 06:41 PM
He said that maybe X thought I was Japanese pretending to be a foreigner, which is a thing because Japanese people think foreigners are aweeesomeeee.This conflicts with my narrow world view that all japanese players hate foreigners and think we're the scum of the earth.
http://i.imgur.com/HKT37MI.gif
Ok, but seriously, I knew the whole "exotic gaijin" thing is popular in media, and I can imagine that being a thing, but is it really so common that someone would think that about you? Also who are these people? Are they like reverse weaboos? I need to know more about this.

When there's a problem, I believe it's better to sort it out immediately, instead of bottling up and causing more trouble down the road.
Most Western people I've talked to hate my approach, and say it's "childish".
I-isn't that the mature thing to do? I feel the same way about stuff which is, unfortunately, why I end up arguing with people a lot.

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 06:49 PM
Apparently, just ignoring stuff and pretending it didn't happen is the mature way of doing things.
That is, until someone can't take it anymore and blows up.

From what I know, Japanese people think English is da shit.
There are JP people who like to show off how good they are at English.
Not to be offensive or racist, but I personally suspect it may be an inferiority complex resulting from the World Wars.
It might be why Japanese people tend to strive to improve stuff. And I think that's a GOOD thing.
Some Western countries are filled with people who just want to believe they're already the best, and those people often bring up winning the World Wars.
Those people are often also really terrible at everything, and go into denial whenever someone suggests otherwise.
I probably have an inferiority complex myself.

But I don't really agree with the whole English is awesome thing.
When I was little, I used to pride myself on being good at English, until I realized nobody else gave a shit.
I grew up surrounded by people who couldn't read or write for shit.
You know those times at school, when a teacher says "stand up and read a page?"
The number of students who would literally stand up and barely be able to utter a few words was very depressing.

Nobody knew basic English even at university level. That's including lecturers. I'm not even exaggerating. Dead serious.
I live in a country where English is the main language, by the way.
Oh, and I failed high school English once.
The teacher thought my writing must have been plagiarised because I didn't write a rough, and it was "too good", probably because I'm Asian.
I'm not even joking. I wrote that shit at 2am.

One more thing. I once looked at the homework that "English as a Second Language" exchange students were getting.
It was filled with long, complex English words I have never ever seen before, and have never seen in all my years of life.
So... that's probably one reason why foreigners think English is da shit.

I studied English history for a while, and realized it's kind of a mess.
And from experience translating manga, there's way too much Japanese that cannot translate to English.
That's not to say Japanese is the best language. I think it's best to learn multiple languages.

Oh, and Japanese people are often really touched when they realize foreigners care so much about their culture.
That's nice. But I dunno how I feel about that.
I don't like Japan because it's Japan, I like Japan because they're good at stuff I like, and have some values I care for that don't seem to exist elsewhere.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2015, 06:52 PM
Apparently, just ignoring stuff and pretending it didn't happen is the mature way of doing things.

It's the opposite, imo. However, learning to discern when to ignore stuff and shrug it off vs. making a point to clear the air isn't something easy... and often times something I personally fail at. There is no white and black answer.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2015, 06:53 PM
Something I've learned with those that are so caught up in wanting to cause drama or are disinterested in being a decent human being is that there is literally zero point in trying to convince them otherwise. I would say you're better off without him completely and to try to confront him about it would just be playing into his field to begin with.

Like the conclusive quote in WarGames, "the only winning move is not to play."

This is how I've learned to be, as well. As far as drama bullshit goes, been there, done that. I've been on the receiving end, and the giving end (but way more the former than the latter).

It's just better to do your best to ignore negativity and drama, both on the internet and in the physical world. So, I don't even like to "play" anymore.

...though, the occasional trolly one-liner is good for the soul.

I think it's best to learn multiple languages.

Who got the time or patience fo dat doe lol

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 06:59 PM
It's the opposite, imo. However, learning to discern when to ignore stuff and shrug it off vs. making a point to clear the air isn't something easy... and often times something I personally fail at. There is no white and black answer.

Probably good that I stopped talking to the long-time friends who kept saying otherwise, then.

Who got the time or patience fo dat doe lol

True. My Japanese improved over the years just by doing stuff.
I was too lazy to go study it properly. I learned by myself when I felt like it.
I have a ton of friends who expressed some interest in learning Japanese, but none of them could be bothered studying it seriously.

I think learning multiple languages is good for solidifying thoughts. Some things are more easily defined and expressed in other languages.

Kondibon
Jul 26, 2015, 07:07 PM
That is, until someone can't take it anymore and blows up.As someone who's done, and still does, this more than I should. "Eugh".

From what I know, Japanese people think English is da shit.
There are JP people who like to show off how good they are at English.
Not to be offensive or racist, but I personally suspect it may be an inferiority complex resulting from the World Wars.
It might be why Japanese people tend to strive to improve stuff. And I think that's a GOOD thing.
Some Western countries are filled with people who just want to believe they're already the best, and those people often bring up winning the World Wars.
Those people are often also really terrible at everything, and go into denial whenever someone suggests otherwise.
I probably have an inferiority complex myself.I personally think it's just cultural osmosis, but I don't live in japan or have any japanese friends so I dunno how wide spread that is.

But I don't really agree with the whole English is awesome thing.
When I was little, I used to pride myself on being good at English, until I realized nobody else gave a shit.
I grew up surrounded by people who couldn't read or write for shit.
Nobody knew basic English even at university level. That's including lecturers. I'm not even exaggerating. Dead serious.

I studied English history for a while, and realized it's kind of a mess.
And from experience translating manga, there's way too much Japanese that cannot translate to English.
That's not to say Japanese is the best language. I think it's best to learn multiple languages.At first I felt the same way, but the more I thought about it the more I realized, that's probably exactly WHY they take pride in that kind of thing.

Oh, and Japanese people are often really touched when they realize foreigners care so much about their culture.
That's nice. But I dunno how I feel about that.
I don't like Japan because it's Japan, I like Japan because they're good at stuff I like, and have some values I care for that don't seem to exist elsewhere.I wish I wasn't so bad at languages I wouldn't mind meeting Japanese players. I just don't like the idea of them speaking english to me in what's esentially their own turf, and I can barely remember my own language, learning another one just isn't within my ability.

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 07:16 PM
Oh, about the apologizing thing... I saw a video a month or two ago where Japanese people said foreigners say "sumimasen" (sorry/excuse me) too much, and should only say it once.

I had no idea that was an issue. I have some Japanese friends who apologize to me profusely.

As someone who's done, and still does, this more than I should. "Eugh".

I personally think it's just cultural osmosis, but I don't live in japan or have any japanese friends so I dunno how wide spread that is.

At first I felt the same way, but the more I thought about it the more I realized, that's probably exactly WHY they take pride in that kind of thing.

I wish I wasn't so bad at languages I wouldn't mind meeting Japanese players. I just don't like the idea of them speaking english to me in what's esentially their own turf, and I can barely remember my own language, learning another one just isn't within my ability.

I'm sure cultural osmosis is part of it too. People think other countries are coooool.
I used to think Japanese sounded cool. Like a damn "weeb".
That was a long time ago, though. Probably before the internet became a thing.

Yeah. I never speak English unless I know they can understand it, and I only do it privately.
I wish everyone was good at languages. Or just, I wish everyone could be good at everything.

Cultural osmosis reminded me of something else.
Japanese ads used to often feature Western celebrities. No idea if they still do that.
The ones I recall off-hand are, Schwarzenegger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfhNW0GDew) for that V drink, Stallone (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stallone+japanese+commercial) for ito ham, and of course Bill Murray (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQnH450hPM) in Lost in Translation, although that's fiction.

Oh... and how could I forget these? These are the best.
Jean Reno as Doraemon. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIvK0JXVaPzhjeYlDvBqCvgtSGeaW_rDL)

Kondibon
Jul 26, 2015, 07:29 PM
Oh, about the apologizing thing... I saw a video a month or two ago where Japanese people said foreigners say "sumimasen" (sorry/excuse me) too much, and should only say it once.

I had no idea that was an issue. I have some Japanese friends who apologize to me profusely.I imagine that's just somethign that varies from person to person.

Cultural osmosis reminded me of something else.
Japanese ads used to often feature Western celebrities. No idea if they still do that.
The ones I recall off-hand are, Schwarzenegger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfhNW0GDew) for that V drink, Stallone (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stallone+japanese+commercial) for ito ham, and of course Bill Murray (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQnH450hPM) in Lost in Translation, although that's fiction.

Jean Reno as Doraemon. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIvK0JXVaPzhjeYlDvBqCvgtSGeaW_rDL)D on't forget Tommy Lee Jones playing a super powered alien school teacher for Boss Coffee ads (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5N8EAOtVE)

yoshiblue
Jul 26, 2015, 07:31 PM
People coming together arm in arm without polarizing an issue, I love it.

They do some odd things with Tommy Lee Jones. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0R--oskfaI)

Edit: Ninja'd

TaigaUC
Jul 26, 2015, 07:40 PM
I haven't seen those. Awesome, thanks.
Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep now.
I was trying to earlier, but for some reason, I couldn't get that blacklist thing out of my head.
Although, I'd been considering posting about it here for a few days now.

[Ayumi]
Jul 26, 2015, 08:29 PM
Ouch. I've seen this happen many times really... most times happening to me.
You did the right thing in the end.
Things like that I would never wish on someone, but honestly I can understand partially to how the guy "might" have felt/thought though. The actions he taken I won't understand though. That I'm sure.

That's a very Asian way of being a jerk to someone. No confrontation, just lots of behind the scenes politicking and backstabbing. Also why I prefer Western teams.

Yup, I have some family that's like that actually. Would look nice and polite to your face, but won't hesitate to stab you in the back of the neck when you're not looking.

The guy who introduced me to X wanted to confirm I wasn't Japanese.
He said that maybe X thought I was Japanese pretending to be a foreigner, which is a thing because Japanese people think foreigners are aweeesomeeee.
I'm apparently fluent enough to be suspected of it, which is pretty ridiculous because I've always feared the opposite.

It's a 50/50 in this case. Some Japanese people find foreigners the coolest things out there, while others despise anyone who isn't 100% Japanese. That being said, there are people that on all parts of the world, so you can't single out only Japan for doing this.

If I had to take a wild guess, this individual probably gets annoyed from others being too polite way too often. Yes, there are people like this, but, who knows what truly triggered the behavior of this individual.

And good lord, this truly is an Asian thing. I've dealt with too many Asians like this. Source: I'm Asian.

This one I can understand as I'm a bit of the same way. The only difference though is that if I get annoyed by it, I would tell someone to stop apologizing and stop saying sorry as it's getting very annoying.
That and saying it way too much makes it seem like you're not sincere (is that the right English word?) when you say it. Because of this, it can lead to problems down the road. The lack of communication usually is what makes it crumble in the end. This is what I see in this situation... the lack of communication. Not from Taiga's end of course, but from Mr. X.

sol_trigger
Jul 26, 2015, 10:00 PM
hi, i am X ! cha chang !~

untrustful
Jul 26, 2015, 10:26 PM
Manipulative bastards like this guy are pretty rare, but when they get a sense of power, you gotta welp the heck outta there. Good thing you did eventually.

Aine
Jul 26, 2015, 10:39 PM
I love PSO2 drama.

I have personally been involved in the collapse of one EQ group and the near-collapse of another, which resulted in a major restructuring and one guy going crazy and sending death threats to people.

[Ayumi]
Jul 26, 2015, 11:05 PM
I love PSO2 drama.

I have personally been involved in the collapse of one EQ group and the near-collapse of another, which resulted in a major restructuring and one guy going crazy and sending death threats to people.

mind.... Sharing that story? Sounds interesting.

ultimafia
Jul 27, 2015, 12:52 AM
This is why I only communicate with JPese players with (´・ω・`) and rappy SAs.

TaigaUC
Jul 27, 2015, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I didn't mean to say all Japanese people think EN are cool. Sorry about that.
Some of them don't like foreigners messing up Japan, which is understandable.
I haven't really met any of those people though. Or they're very quiet about it.

This is why I only communicate with JPese players with (´・ω・`) and rappy SAs.

This is probably good advice. I have a few JP friends who LOVE rappies and are really nice people.

landman
Jul 27, 2015, 02:43 AM
Jean Reno as Doraemon. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIvK0JXVaPzhjeYlDvBqCvgtSGeaW_rDL)
This is.. awesome LOL

The situation sucks, it's obvious he didn't like you or had some prejudice with you (not using the strategies you suggested until someone else suggested them seems clear), sadly it's not that hard to hide feelings on the internet, that's one thing I actually liked about xbox live voice chat, although most of the time I was the grumpy one :P

Erza
Jul 27, 2015, 04:24 AM
i'm a highly introverted person, which keeps me from socialising with a lot of awesome people
but at least i don't have to deal with narcissistic assholes like X

don't let it get you down

Hysteria1987
Jul 27, 2015, 04:32 AM
Oh hey, I got a death-threat on PSO2 once too :D

And there was this one time in a TD1, I was up the front doing my FO thing and someone yells out insults and tells me to get back to the bases. You know, the bases that don't have any enemies at them.. the bases that don't have any enemies at them because I'm at the front with some people being a FO. I didn't respond with the obvious (the quicker you kill stuff the more runs you get) because that wouldn't get me anywhere. And if you're going to call someone a B20er, I'd better not find you in B1 after the run :wacko:

A lot of the problems I've seen (though not been personally involved in) are people getting mad about things not going their way in EQs and stuff. Everyone wants to be the leader, or the one that clearly knows better than everyone else in the EQ. And maybe from time to time that's actually true, but I have not found *one* person in a pick-up EQ that tries to lead that has any real leadership skills. Yelling just makes people belligerent, try requesting things of people instead, you mad people :P

The OP's always seemed like a pretty reasonable guy to me, it's a shame that stuff like this has to happen from time to time. Sounds like you've made the right decision to not have anything else to do with them.

Sizustar
Jul 27, 2015, 04:35 AM
Well, really, you only have 2 option.

1. Confront him directly in front of your other friend, record a video of you doing a search for his id, etc and it not showing up, showing that you are blacklisted.
Although it isn't exactly the polite thing to do, the fact that you're not japanese can be to your advantage, and at best he'll apologize and include you, or the other people will see him for what he is, and dump him. at worst, they'll all leave you. And even if it isn't exactly the polite thing to do, confronting someone directly with proof of their lie isn't a bad option.

2. Ignore it and move on.

Raujinn
Jul 27, 2015, 09:42 AM
And here I am feeling bad that I'm essentially by myself in my team. Don't know what you got til you haven't got it I guess!

Asuka~
Jul 27, 2015, 09:54 AM
And here I am feeling bad that I'm essentially by myself in my team. Don't know what you got til you haven't got it I guess!

It's okay. ;_; *bro-fist*

Squal_FFVIII
Jul 27, 2015, 09:59 AM
Just move on. He didn't want yo baka gaijin ass around.

SakuRei
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM
Mah, this is why I go solo sometimes on quests, EQ's and other stuffs. (PFFT! KiritoFEG) I never want to depend on people most of the time because I always think that I'm a hindrance at Parties, Teams, etc. to them. I mostly prefer for myself to not join any team. But... I have a sign of weakness through my conscience on getting forced to join a Team if someone actually wants me to join theirs. (Even though I sometimes feel that I'll be just a member filler inside the team, but meh, no problems on my side as long as I find them to be good people or something.)

Though hey, there are some asshole players in mostly any games anyways, it's their loss not yours, because they lost a good person/player. ( = w = )

TaigaUC
Jul 27, 2015, 10:28 AM
I guess none of these things would be a problem if the game wasn't designed in such a way that randoms have such a high chance of sucking.
I don't like that we have to organize runs just to be successful.

It's also frustrating that we need either 1-4 or 12 players.
It'd be a lot easier if we could have numbers between 5-11 and then fill the rest with randoms.
I don't understand why they won't let us do that.

Seriously, the number of times we have like, 5-6 or more friends together in one place but can't play together... it's ridiculous.

Rain Walker
Jul 27, 2015, 02:07 PM
I feel like summer gives a sudden rising of dramas every games i play owo;

TaigaUC
Jul 27, 2015, 06:14 PM
"Damn, it's so hot... I'm melting. Time to be a dick to someone, that'll make me feel cooler."

It all makes sense now!

[Ayumi]
Jul 27, 2015, 06:22 PM
"Damn, it's so hot... I'm melting. Time to be a dick to someone, that'll make me feel cooler."

It all makes sense now!

Could be one of those types that truly loathe this type of weather and the best way to let of some annoyance and anger is to pick a target as their prey to f with.

Sacrificial
Jul 28, 2015, 02:09 AM
I feel like summer gives a sudden rising of dramas every games i play owo;

This. So much. Every year, this happens even if im only "away for a week" and luckly my team is already dead except for some fun people.

Anyway, OP. The only thing that describes this situation is "humans". It sucks,but some people just have to walk over other people,and scaoegoat them to make themselve look better. Didnt quite catch,if you still have contact with tjose others, but if you do, you can try to think that it is atleast better than nothing.

Marly
Jul 28, 2015, 05:09 AM
The twist is that the Japanese friend that introduced you to X was X himself all along.

shyamalan.jpeg

[Ayumi]
Jul 28, 2015, 08:14 AM
The twist is that the Japanese friend that introduced you to X was X himself all along.

shyamalan.jpeg

Wouldn't be funny/surprising if it was. 2 PCs to play for extra stuff. One monitor for each eye.
I've seen it before. Don't ask.

RadiantLegend
Jul 28, 2015, 09:37 AM
Now this should be the new pso anime plot.

I'd watch it all in one sitting.

[Ayumi]
Jul 28, 2015, 10:14 AM
Now this should be the new pso anime plot.

I'd watch it all in one sitting.

I would too, if it didn't take place on earth.

TaigaUC
Jul 28, 2015, 11:44 AM
Welcome to PSO2! *blocked*

That would make a great and somewhat accurate anime.

wefwq
Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 AM

shyamalan.jpeg
wath a wrist