PDA

View Full Version : [Speculation] Range/Tech Hybrid Class for Episode 4?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 26, 2015, 07:45 PM
Assuming they bring out a new class when Episode 4 comes out (Whenever that is)

I wonder how they'd implement Range and tech together..... of course I'm just assuming that due to latest patterns of New episode = New Class

Kondibon
Jul 26, 2015, 07:52 PM
Melee shortbow Wait, wrong game.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228588
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221387

DrCatco
Jul 26, 2015, 08:24 PM
Shotguns! With the same mechanic of the jetboots, capable of deal different type of tech damage according to the last charged tech. They have the same range of the TMGs, and same speed of the launcher, although weaker.

Poyonche
Jul 26, 2015, 08:31 PM
And slicers.

ZynischQ
Jul 26, 2015, 08:44 PM
Hopefully there will be a gun we can shoot techs out of.

Anduril
Jul 26, 2015, 08:54 PM
And slicers.
Phantasy Star Zero-style slicers, I hope.

SquashDemon
Jul 27, 2015, 02:23 AM
Phantasy Star Zero-style slicers, I hope.

Actually, I hope they're PSO style, those were very visually satisfying.

Kondibon
Jul 27, 2015, 02:25 AM
Actually, I hope they're PSO style, those were very visually satisfying.
I think Anduril means Tech based.

yoshiblue
Jul 27, 2015, 02:40 AM
Maybe they'll bring back and revamp Ryuker. Introduce portal and trap rune warfare.

elryan
Jul 27, 2015, 04:43 AM
I bet there won't be episode 4.

They will increase the level cap to 80 by the end of episode 3 and the game story ends soon after that.

And then after that they will work on PSO3.

Poyonche
Jul 27, 2015, 04:49 AM
Data files goes up to level 100.

Try again. :wacko:

Rupikachu
Jul 27, 2015, 05:15 AM
I bet there won't be episode 4.

They will increase the level cap to 80 by the end of episode 3 and the game story ends soon after that.

And then after that they will work on PSO3.

Sega mentioned they wanted the game to have support over a decade...so no not happening anytime soon

SakuRei
Jul 27, 2015, 05:22 AM
What I've thought about that Range x Tech hybrid...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://cyclopsphoto.ca/temp/chaika_shocked.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rupikachu
Jul 27, 2015, 05:30 AM
What I've thought about that Range x Tech hybrid...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://cyclopsphoto.ca/temp/chaika_shocked.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You mean

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i60.tinypic.com/nqa6n4.jpg
All hail the op oni sama

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Jul 27, 2015, 05:33 AM
I would say

[SPOILER-BOX]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/27/1435766740-uedixup.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hrith
Jul 27, 2015, 08:31 AM
RAmarl, etc.

Shotguns and slicers sound like really cool ideas, but SEGA has surprised with completely new - and awesome - weapon types in this game (wired lances, jet boots). I could go for something new.

serenade
Jul 27, 2015, 08:41 AM
A ranged magic user would be quite interesting. You can technically do that now, but you are tied to specific weapon sets. However, you could make quite an interesting class when you think about some of the already present skills being manipulated to go with this theme.

They could have their own kind of weak bullet. The damage could be element based. Whatever element of weapon the user fires it from, tags the enemy and makes them weak to that element. Yes, it would require people to sync up element usage and have a rainbow set ready, but it also allows you to change element weakness while the enemy is tagged. I think it would be interesting anyways...

Weapon wise, elemental longbow makes the most sense. But a magical shotgun would sure be fun. Charged fire shots could fire a horizontal safoie. Ice would fire sabarta, lightning would fire gizonde, wind would fire zan, light could fire ilgrants, and dark could fire samegid. You could also have a launcher variant that fire powerful charged techs.

I personally, just want protranser back D:

LunaSolstice
Jul 27, 2015, 08:53 AM
That's easy actually. Combine talis+gunslash lol

Chdata
Jul 27, 2015, 08:54 AM
I would love shotguns where each attack is sort of like a diffuse shell.

If they make element weak bullet, I'd rather that they make it not nearly as good as normal wb and more like 'special bonus for people who happen to have that element'

but not so good that it becomes the next required thing.

wb is 2.55x dmg

3.0 / 2.55 = 1.17647

This is a good chance for them to make an element weak bullet with 1.2x dmg as a source to get near the old WB damage.

That is, if they were ever to make such a skill.

I personally would love to see rainbow weak bullet crosshairs.

Poyonche
Jul 27, 2015, 08:55 AM
I would love shotguns where each attack is sort of like a diffuse shell.

And then GU would be the best subclass with Zero Range. :3

SakuRei
Jul 27, 2015, 10:04 AM
Ever tried thinking while doing the Diffuse Shell PA, in a Weak Spot, aimed with a weak bullet and said to the prey: "Oooo... Right in the baby maker."

TaigaUC
Jul 27, 2015, 10:37 AM
I'd like to know what they had planned before they rescued Bouncer from the trash bin.

Poyonche
Jul 27, 2015, 11:09 AM
Maybe another thing they wanted to do but their PSU servers type weren't able to sustain.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 27, 2015, 12:08 PM
Multi-affix search wasn't supposed to be possible with their current servers but they implemented it somehow:wacko:, so i guess this "our server can't handle it" is an excuse to postpone some features players want because of their "10 year plan" :-P

Superia
Jul 27, 2015, 12:23 PM
more like 'special bonus for people who happen to have that element'

but not so good that it becomes the next required thing.

I feel like there isn't anything in the game that currently works like this. Most things are either set way too low (e.g. Moving Snipe, current S-Roll multipliers) to be worth anything, set far too high or just high enough that it is basically unbeatable for the class in question (e.g. Weak Bullet, Elemental Stance), or potentially balanced in theory but never used due to the existence of the former option (e.g. Jellen Shot, Aerial Advance, Guard Stance Advance).

Chdata
Jul 27, 2015, 02:09 PM
aerial advance is good though, think about how many TMG pas launch mobs

the thing is, the way skill trees are now, you can get 'everything' at a very low level. There is no difficulty progression or power progression. You can choose the most game changing skills at the start now.

Of course it's granted that the game is centered around being maxed now, so it's okay.

but since they're doing that, you'd think they'd make variety viable

GoldenFalcon
Jul 27, 2015, 02:37 PM
I'll probably be disappointed no matter what they pull

Terrence
Jul 27, 2015, 05:57 PM
Another soured one. What a shame. No matter. Well, for me it has to be an Range/Tech hybrid Class with Slicers (R) and Whips (T). Pleaaaaase !

wefwq
Jul 28, 2015, 02:11 AM
>tfw you'll never see them pulling off class that shoot tech from shotgun
feels bad man

saraishadow
Jul 28, 2015, 07:40 AM
Idea: Instead of adding a whole new class, how about adding weapons for every class.

Hrith
Jul 28, 2015, 07:45 AM
That would be eight weapon types to add instead of two >_>

The class could have Zalure Shot - to add about the 'it needs its own Weak Bullet variant', but make it a lot stronger than Jellen Shot >_>

Poyonche
Jul 28, 2015, 07:57 AM
Reduce defense to 60% at level 10.

Sounds good to me